Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull v Notts Forest 13:40 - Nov 25 with 1370 viewsD_Alien

Attendance quoted on three different sources* (BBC, Sky and Sunday Times) as 3364

I've done a quick media scan but can't see anything about a fans boycott. They're struggling near the foot of the championship but that's a lower gate than they used to get against us in the old Div 4 - anyone have inside info on why?

* or do all the media outlets take the same source for the figure, even if it's patently wrong?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hull v Notts Forest on 13:50 - Nov 25 with 1339 viewschalky_ncfc

Notts Forest is patently wrong as well

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Hull v Notts Forest on 14:01 - Nov 25 with 1307 viewsBartRowou

Hull v Notts Forest on 13:50 - Nov 25 by chalky_ncfc

Notts Forest is patently wrong as well

File under "Spotlands" and "Glasgow Celtic".

Chalky - I see your chairman revealed yesterday that you have an annual wage bill of £3 million and 38 professionals. Can't be good that, can it?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hull v Notts Forest on 14:07 - Nov 25 with 1292 viewsD_Alien

Hull v Notts Forest on 14:01 - Nov 25 by BartRowou

Chalky - I see your chairman revealed yesterday that you have an annual wage bill of £3 million and 38 professionals. Can't be good that, can it?

Apologies:

Hull v Nottm Forest

Hull v Notts Forest on 14:10 - Nov 25 with 1279 viewsCleedale

I would think that could have been the away following @ Hull D_Alien.

Re-the media copying stuff - guess many stories we read are word for word regardless of where it appears so maybe it's just been copied on.

Also, with copying on, assuming rights have been agreed they won't be responsible for any original mistake.

Having said that, unless the owners had closed down areas of the ground - been ongoing attempts to sell the club since the "Tigers" addition was rejected.

Put it down to lazy journalism - of which there's just a bit these days.
Hull v Notts Forest on 14:16 - Nov 25 with 1261 viewsCleedale

Just had a quick look at Forest's site; look like someone along the line missed out the odd 10,000!!

Attendance: 13,364 (2,424 away)
Hull v Notts Forest on 14:20 - Nov 25 with 1254 viewschalky_ncfc

Last season it was £2.5million and I thought that this season Hardy would have tried to trim it down a bit as he said that Notts was running at a loss even then,i don't know how we stand on the fair play rules

I've got a red mate that went to Hull yesterday and he mentioned that Forest took a good away following so unless nobody from Hull turned up I can't imagine that the gate was that low

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Hull v Notts Forest on 14:40 - Nov 25 with 1217 viewsD_Alien

Hull v Notts Forest on 14:16 - Nov 25 by Cleedale

Just had a quick look at Forest's site; look like someone along the line missed out the odd 10,000!!

Attendance: 13,364 (2,424 away)

Yep, that makes sense, and also your other points. Probably no human intervention in that process, but the merest glance would've suggested to any sports journalist it was wrong

Hull v Notts Forest on 14:57 - Nov 25 with 1194 viewsDalenet

Doesn't look like they have learned previous lessons. Almost as bad a bury
Login to get fewer ads

Hull v Notts Forest on 16:20 - Nov 25 with 1093 viewsTVOS1907

Most of the stats at games are sent to one central agency (used to be called PA - Fitzo will know more) and all other sources then use them, so any errors or omissions are repeated everywhere.

For instance, Hart's yellow card at Shrewsbury last week was missed by whoever was collating the match stats and it didn't appear on any of the websites like BBC, Soccerbase, etc.

It did appear in TVOS, however!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hull v Notts Forest on 16:23 - Nov 25 with 1094 viewsfitzochris

Hull v Notts Forest on 16:20 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

Most of the stats at games are sent to one central agency (used to be called PA - Fitzo will know more) and all other sources then use them, so any errors or omissions are repeated everywhere.

For instance, Hart's yellow card at Shrewsbury last week was missed by whoever was collating the match stats and it didn't appear on any of the websites like BBC, Soccerbase, etc.

It did appear in TVOS, however!

Yep, the Press Association provide stats and match reports to those outlets who pay the subscription fee (still pretty much every media outlet in the land).

So, as TVOS says, one mistake is repeated everywhere.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hull v Notts Forest on 16:24 - Nov 25 with 1089 viewsTVOS1907

Hull v Notts Forest on 16:23 - Nov 25 by fitzochris

Yep, the Press Association provide stats and match reports to those outlets who pay the subscription fee (still pretty much every media outlet in the land).

So, as TVOS says, one mistake is repeated everywhere.

Not everywhere...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hull v Notts Forest on 16:44 - Nov 25 with 1070 viewsfitzochris

Hull v Notts Forest on 16:24 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

Not everywhere...

Everywhere apart from award-winning match day programmes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024