Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Away 13:08 - Nov 27 with 34879 viewsboromat

It seems the forum has gone a bit quiet on this one with the excitement of the FA Cup approaching. How we all feeling about it?

Think their home form is pretty good at the minute and it's a bit of a commute on what promises to be a cold, wet Tuesday night. Surely it's got all the makings of a scrappy 1 nil away win? :-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Oxford Away on 13:15 - Nov 27 with 11574 viewsJames1980

A scrappy 1-0 will not please some. Safe journey to those heading to the game though. Might stump up the £10 and cast it to my TV. How much does the club get of that £10 btw?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Oxford Away on 13:26 - Nov 27 with 11537 viewsJimmyRustler

Oxford Away on 13:15 - Nov 27 by James1980

A scrappy 1-0 will not please some. Safe journey to those heading to the game though. Might stump up the £10 and cast it to my TV. How much does the club get of that £10 btw?

I literally don't know a single person on here or in real life that won't be happy with a "scrappy 1-0 win"
Oxford Away on 14:01 - Nov 27 with 11466 viewsJames1980

Oxford Away on 13:26 - Nov 27 by JimmyRustler

I literally don't know a single person on here or in real life that won't be happy with a "scrappy 1-0 win"

To me a win is a win however it is achieved, from the response to Saturday and what you have stated it would suggest that to some.
Scrappy away win =
Scrappy home win =
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 14:02]

Oxford Away on 15:55 - Nov 27 with 11336 viewsaleanddale

3 points tonight - if achieved turns an ok start to this season into a pretty good one!

Come on the Dale!!!!

KHBA.
Oxford Away on 16:12 - Nov 27 with 11287 viewsSunningDale

Oxford Away on 14:01 - Nov 27 by James1980

To me a win is a win however it is achieved, from the response to Saturday and what you have stated it would suggest that to some.
Scrappy away win =
Scrappy home win =
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 14:02]

Don't understand your constant obsession with supporters being unhappy, dancing with delight when we lose, etc.

It's getting tiresome.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Oxford Away on 16:31 - Nov 27 with 11220 viewsMoonyDale

Oxford Away on 16:12 - Nov 27 by SunningDale

Don't understand your constant obsession with supporters being unhappy, dancing with delight when we lose, etc.

It's getting tiresome.

Ill be delighted with a scrappy away win it could given other results shove us up a couple of places, I forsee a scrappy home win unfortunately by the odd goal.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Oxford Away on 16:34 - Nov 27 with 11210 viewsJames1980

Oxford Away on 16:12 - Nov 27 by SunningDale

It's getting tiresome.

I was going to apologise about the comment after the Shrewsbury game, but thought it best to not drag it up again. My use of the words happy and dancing a jig were wrong and I am sorry for that. It was not directed at those who would be classed as sensible level headed fans though
Some people are conspicuous by their absence or lack of comments when we do win though.

Regarding tonight's game fingers crossed for 3 points however they might come about.

One question though are scrappy wins acceptable be they home or away?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 16:38]

Oxford Away on 16:40 - Nov 27 with 11190 viewsDaleiLama

Oxford Away on 13:26 - Nov 27 by JimmyRustler

I don't know about everyone else Jimmy, but I'm real and I know a few others are too. The rest could just be one person and multiple ids, but I feel some of the characters are inimitable. Even if you could make them up, how would you stay in character?

Anyway, back to the thread - no idea what the playing conditions down there will be like but it was unholy coming back from York. The wind and driving rain made sitting in a metal box for 90 minutes and steering between white lines damn hard work. What chasing a football for the same period will be like is anyone's guess. I hope there are lots of "stayers" in the X1 and on the bench. They'll be needed.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford Away on 16:43 - Nov 27 with 11180 viewsD_Alien

Oxford Away on 16:40 - Nov 27 by DaleiLama

I don't know about everyone else Jimmy, but I'm real and I know a few others are too. The rest could just be one person and multiple ids, but I feel some of the characters are inimitable. Even if you could make them up, how would you stay in character?

Anyway, back to the thread - no idea what the playing conditions down there will be like but it was unholy coming back from York. The wind and driving rain made sitting in a metal box for 90 minutes and steering between white lines damn hard work. What chasing a football for the same period will be like is anyone's guess. I hope there are lots of "stayers" in the X1 and on the bench. They'll be needed.

Definitely multiple ids, as opposed to multiple egos

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oxford Away on 16:53 - Nov 27 with 11146 viewsJames1980

Oxford Away on 16:40 - Nov 27 by DaleiLama

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2640729

Looks fairly bleak Oxfordshire way but hopefully our players will be made of sterner stuff than the opposition.

Oxford Away on 17:06 - Nov 27 with 11105 viewsOxDale

It's lashing it down!
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 17:07]
Oxford Away on 17:11 - Nov 27 with 11079 viewssmaclad1

Oxford Away on 16:53 - Nov 27 by James1980

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2640729

Looks fairly bleak Oxfordshire way but hopefully our players will be made of sterner stuff than the opposition.

Forecast of a balmy 8 degrees, a light breeze and a bit of drizzle - bleak? In November? Really is a different world darn sarf!
Oxford Away on 17:44 - Nov 27 with 10978 viewsblackdogblue

Been busy with my Hexit banner 😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Oxford Away on 17:56 - Nov 27 with 10954 viewsaleanddale

Oxford Away on 17:06 - Nov 27 by OxDale

It's lashing it down!
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 17:07]

I assume your going Ox??

Do you speak to any Oxford fans? If you do what is there take on how they are performing in lg1 this season?.
Oxford Away on 18:30 - Nov 27 with 10869 viewsrichfoad32

I just got here. Drove up from the south coast and the weather isn't THAT bad. Blowy and a bit of rain but not particularly cold.

Came with my Oxford supporting mate who reckons they've improved a lot of late, particularly at home which is a bit ominous. Also said they're susceptible to switching off at the back so I might have a punt on both teams to score. My last game was at Wycombe, so any improvement on that would be welcome, I thought we were woeful that night.
Oxford Away on 18:43 - Nov 27 with 10807 viewsrochdaleriddler

Oxford Away on 13:15 - Nov 27 by James1980

A scrappy win will suit me, especially after last season’s abject performance there

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Oxford Away on 18:45 - Nov 27 with 10791 viewsrochdaleriddler

Oxford Away on 17:11 - Nov 27 by smaclad1

Forecast of a balmy 8 degrees, a light breeze and a bit of drizzle - bleak? In November? Really is a different world darn sarf!

Well Wembley last season was the coldest I’ve been at a game, and that is south!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Oxford Away on 18:56 - Nov 27 with 10732 viewsDaley_Lama

If anybody predicted tonight’s team they are Mystic Meg!

Poll: DF in or out

Oxford Away on 18:58 - Nov 27 with 10719 viewstony_roch975

Oxford Away on 18:56 - Nov 27 by Daley_Lama

If anybody predicted tonight’s team they are Mystic Meg!

it's like not just the return of one lost son but two (Randall & 3 at the back) ...wiley old fox that Hill

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Oxford Away on 19:00 - Nov 27 with 10692 views442Dale

Presume Randall (when did he come back?) and Hart as wing backs, back three returns. Hopefully a proper midfield three and the front two that worked well last season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oxford Away on 19:02 - Nov 27 with 10666 viewstony_roch975

Oxford Away on 19:00 - Nov 27 by 442Dale

Presume Randall (when did he come back?) and Hart as wing backs, back three returns. Hopefully a proper midfield three and the front two that worked well last season.

exactly - width provided by WBs; pity Dooley had an off day on Sat, think he'd fit this formation well & again no Clough!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Oxford Away on 19:06 - Nov 27 with 10608 viewsblackdogblue

Oxford Away on 19:02 - Nov 27 by tony_roch975

exactly - width provided by WBs; pity Dooley had an off day on Sat, think he'd fit this formation well & again no Clough!

Dale tombala again!!!

Will be watching this with great interest 🤨

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Oxford Away on 19:10 - Nov 27 with 10576 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oxford Away on 19:02 - Nov 27 by tony_roch975

Dooley did n't do too bad on Saturday,thought he was one of the better lot.....I do wish he would have a pop every now and then!
Oxford Away on 19:11 - Nov 27 with 10569 viewsmidlandsdale

Oxford Away on 19:00 - Nov 27 by 442Dale

The team anyone as I can't find it!!
Oxford Away on 19:14 - Nov 27 with 10509 viewsdingdangblue

Oxford Away on 19:11 - Nov 27 by midlandsdale

The team anyone as I can't find it!!

Bet you a million pounds you can't guess it!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024