Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Checkatrade v Oldham 18:40 - Nov 29 with 2696 viewssmaclad1

Has this been posted on here yet? Weds 5 Dec at 7pm. 7pm?!?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/november/fixture-news--checkatrade-troph

They can count me out for that - took me two hours to get over from SMAC-land for the Leicester game.
Checkatrade v Oldham on 20:05 - Nov 29 with 2617 viewsmeeee

I was excited for this game but moving in to 7 won't give me enough time to get back and ready from work. Disappointing really, I know it's only the checkatrade but I can't stand Oldham. I'd be running around Rochdale Town centre naked if we beat them in a game of tiddlywinks
Checkatrade v Oldham on 07:40 - Nov 30 with 2464 viewsEllDale

That's me out as well then because my shift doesn't finish until after six on Wednesdays.
Never mind.
Checkatrade v Oldham on 08:54 - Nov 30 with 2412 viewsAncoats_Blue

Are the early KO enforced by the competition or is this a mutual decision by OAFC and RAFC?
Checkatrade v Oldham on 09:16 - Nov 30 with 2393 viewssmaclad1

Checkatrade v Oldham on 08:54 - Nov 30 by Ancoats_Blue

Are the early KO enforced by the competition or is this a mutual decision by OAFC and RAFC?

I suspect it's a deliberate ploy by the club to keep the attendance down - with this being a local derby and the only time we'll meet Oldham this season this match could be expected to attract a larger crowd than if we were to play, say Notts County.

This presents certain logistical issues. What sort of attendance would we expect? Would the main stand alone be enough for home fans? Do we open the Sandy - this will increase costs and we'll lose money. So....let's bring the start time forward which will reduce the crowd, those that turn up are less likely to have had too much to drink so no need to spend extra cash on stewarding etc. Even save a few bob on overtime and the leccy bill. Job done all round.

Who needs a fans rep on the Board when everything seems so transparent? Who would want to be the fans' rep defending this shite?
Checkatrade v Oldham on 17:12 - Nov 30 with 2270 viewsYorkshire_Dale

If we loose on Sunday the attendance will be minimal.......everyone will be on here!

10 pages?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024