Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finnerty no more 20:02 - Dec 1 with 3433 viewsleedsdale

Finnerty no more on 20:32 - Dec 1 with 3331 viewsDaleiLama

….. sounds like more to follow before season's end?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Finnerty no more on 20:43 - Dec 1 with 3285 viewsTVOS1907

http://bohemianfc.com/?cat=5

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Finnerty no more on 20:59 - Dec 1 with 3226 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Perhaps we'll start looking North of the Border for some proper quality?
Finnerty no more on 21:29 - Dec 1 with 3146 viewsTVOS1907

Interestingly (or not), he's the 112th player to have left Dale after making only one first team appearance (friendlies don't count).

Even more interestingly, he's just the fourth player whose only appearance for the club came in the Checkatrade Trophy and its predecessors!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Finnerty no more on 23:59 - Dec 1 with 3013 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Finnerty no more on 21:29 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

Interestingly (or not), he's the 112th player to have left Dale after making only one first team appearance (friendlies don't count).

Even more interestingly, he's just the fourth player whose only appearance for the club came in the Checkatrade Trophy and its predecessors!

Can you name them?....Was Comyn-Platt one of them?
Finnerty no more on 00:11 - Dec 2 with 3001 viewsfitzochris

Finnerty no more on 20:59 - Dec 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Perhaps we'll start looking North of the Border for some proper quality?

Akin to looking across the Pennines for brains.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Finnerty no more on 00:27 - Dec 2 with 2982 viewsTVOS1907

Finnerty no more on 23:59 - Dec 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Can you name them?....Was Comyn-Platt one of them?

Erm, yes, that’s sort of why I asked the question!

And no, he wasn’t, as he never actually played a game for us.

Finnerty no more on 00:30 - Dec 2 with 2978 viewsbigness2017

Hopefully Wilbraham will be next!
Login to get fewer ads

Finnerty no more on 07:43 - Dec 2 with 2788 viewssmaclad1

Leaves loads of unanswered questions. What due diligence was done six months ago? If there was an issue about homesickness, shouldn't this have been picked up then? Have circumstances changed for him, and if so what? Was he made promises about first team football that have not come to fruition despite everybody else getting a go?

We should be told these things! And we would do if we had someone on the Board! Oh....

Not changed my mind!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 7:45]
Finnerty no more on 10:49 - Dec 2 with 2549 viewsDaleiLama

Finnerty no more on 07:43 - Dec 2 by smaclad1

Leaves loads of unanswered questions. What due diligence was done six months ago? If there was an issue about homesickness, shouldn't this have been picked up then? Have circumstances changed for him, and if so what? Was he made promises about first team football that have not come to fruition despite everybody else getting a go?

We should be told these things! And we would do if we had someone on the Board! Oh....

Not changed my mind!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 7:45]

My personal view on this is we have neither a right nor necessarily a need to have any of those questions answered. Sometimes people don't always get things right and sometimes things go wrong despite the best intentions.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Finnerty no more on 13:00 - Dec 2 with 2356 viewsSuddenLad

Finnerty no more on 10:49 - Dec 2 by DaleiLama

My personal view on this is we have neither a right nor necessarily a need to have any of those questions answered. Sometimes people don't always get things right and sometimes things go wrong despite the best intentions.

And the club have a duty of care to its' employees, (and former employees) not to divulge personal information which may be prejudicial to him/her.

For whatever reason, the move for the lad wasn't right either for him nor the club.

We all move on. I wish him well, whatever the circumstances.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Finnerty no more on 13:10 - Dec 2 with 2326 viewsisitme

I suspect that it was a low risk signing in the first place. A low wage depth player who might have come good. Obviously he was not that good and he has decided to go back to Ireland. Maybe a couple of seasons playing regularly and he might be ready for the English leagues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024