Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rain 11:22 - Dec 2 with 11666 viewsRibbleblue

Rain,Rain and more rain..Will match be on??
Rain on 15:01 - Dec 8 with 3102 viewsBartRowou

Rain on 14:32 - Dec 8 by Sandyman

And still the rain comes down.

Reservoir Levels:

https://www.unitedutilities.com/help-and-support/your-water-supply/reservoir-lev

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Rain on 14:26 - Dec 13 with 2887 viewsD_Dale

Weather forecast for Saturday 15 December: temperatures just above freezing, with rain/sleet in the afternoon.

Hope it's not bad enough to ruin the club's Family Christmas Fun Day.

A postponement would be tough on the visitors too.
Rain on 14:39 - Dec 13 with 2869 viewsEllDale

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened to them either.
On the other hand, their media team would probably be well provided for.
Rain on 16:43 - Dec 13 with 2736 viewsD_Alien

The lights are on at COA, presumably pitch covers going down

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rain on 17:24 - Dec 13 with 2664 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rain on 16:43 - Dec 13 by D_Alien

....if they can find them,but WE all know where they are?
Rain on 17:57 - Dec 13 with 2626 viewsDaleiLama

Have the wheel clamps been taken off them then?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rain on 18:01 - Dec 13 with 2621 viewsaleanddale

well the first big test of what will be a freezing winter.

Here is hoping the ground staff are well drilled and organised.

if the covers have lost the protection qualities due to poor storage over the summer I would be spitting mad at that news.

Club needs to do everything in its power to sort out this issue and make sure it does not happen again. ( that does not mean leave pitchside screwed up for weeks on end either )
Rain on 18:47 - Dec 13 with 2567 views442Dale

Hopefully storing them against wall in the car park will have increased their efficiency.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Rain on 18:55 - Dec 13 with 2548 viewsJames1980

Has The Trust raised concerns about the storage of the covers?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Rain on 20:25 - Dec 13 with 2491 viewsrod_leach

Rain on 18:01 - Dec 13 by aleanddale

well the first big test of what will be a freezing winter.

Here is hoping the ground staff are well drilled and organised.

if the covers have lost the protection qualities due to poor storage over the summer I would be spitting mad at that news.

Club needs to do everything in its power to sort out this issue and make sure it does not happen again. ( that does not mean leave pitchside screwed up for weeks on end either )

Three questions. Well drilled and organised - What do you want them to do when it falls below freezing? Roll about all over the pitch all night?

I'm 54 and I've never been so mad I've spat. What the ?

Also, how do pitch covers lose their inherent powers over summer if rolled, or as you say, screwed up? Voodoo?

It's just a football game.
Rain on 20:53 - Dec 13 with 2445 viewsJames1980

Rain on 20:25 - Dec 13 by rod_leach

Three questions. Well drilled and organised - What do you want them to do when it falls below freezing? Roll about all over the pitch all night?

Also, how do pitch covers lose their inherent powers over summer if rolled, or as you say, screwed up? Voodoo?

Would it hurt, to let the fans know what plans are in place to prevent games being called off though due to pitch conditions. 'We have covers' doesn't really errmmm.......cover it. How about a free interview with the head groundsman

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Rain on 21:21 - Dec 13 with 2391 views442Dale

We can only assume they’ve been stored correctly so that they don’t, as you say, “lose their inherent powers”

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2013/april/pitch-covers-statement/

To confirm this, I’m sure the Trust will look into the situation on behalf of their members and supporters who raised over £5000. Also we can expect them to report back to reassure those same supporters that any methods of storage are following manufacturers recommendations.

Rain on 07:56 - Dec 14 with 2217 viewsEllDale

I may be naïve but why put the covers on the pitch under floodlights?
Why now do it through the day and save on overtime and electricity?
Rain on 08:07 - Dec 14 with 2204 viewsisitme

Rain on 07:56 - Dec 14 by EllDale

In the article linked to in the post above it mentions the damage done to the pitch when it is constantly covered and stresses the importance of the pitch getting air and what sunlight we do actually get at this time of year.

Maybe the covers come off in the morning and then go back on when the temperature has dropped to a certain level? Depending on the day and the temperature this may be when it is dark, or sometimes earlier. I suspect the difference in gate receipts between a Saturday game and a rearranged Tuesday night game will more than pay for any additional costs.
Rain on 08:20 - Dec 14 with 2179 viewsEllDale

Fair comment.
Rain on 09:19 - Dec 14 with 2101 viewsrochdale_ranger

Agreed, the amount of hyperbole on here as of late is cringeworthy. The thread about the new chairman and directors could be characterised as one massive shriek.
Rain on 12:59 - Dec 14 with 1937 viewskiwidale

Rain on 09:19 - Dec 14 by rochdale_ranger

Agreed, the amount of hyperbole on here as of late is cringeworthy. The thread about the new chairman and directors could be characterised as one massive shriek.

That's easy to say in hindsight Ranger however at the time it was very relevant. Dunphy's resignation sparked the debate and I might add that the debate is not over yet. Time will tell.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 13:29]

This is not the time for bickering.

Rain on 15:30 - Dec 14 with 1847 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rain on 07:56 - Dec 14 by EllDale

...and before the Frost sets in?
Rain on 16:25 - Dec 14 with 1773 viewsaleanddale

1. erm be well drilled and organised enough to have all the covers in place BEFORE it falls to below zero.

2. its a saying - Mad suffices.

The reason is dozens of people gave up either time or money or BOTH to invest in covers and outwardly it looks like they have not been cared for ( rolled up badly and stuffed against a car park wall )

3. Not stored as per manufacturing recommendation I am pretty sure they lose some protective powers and become less effective.

Agreed its just a football game, one I love watching at 3pm on a Saturday not hearing walking to the ground at 1.45 that the game might be in doubt / ultimately called off.

last year we got out of jail we don't want the same Sat Tues Sat Tues Sat Tues scenario if it can be helped.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 16:49]
Rain on 17:22 - Dec 14 with 1681 viewsTVOS1907

Rain on 16:25 - Dec 14 by aleanddale

1. erm be well drilled and organised enough to have all the covers in place BEFORE it falls to below zero.

The reason is dozens of people gave up either time or money or BOTH to invest in covers and outwardly it looks like they have not been cared for ( rolled up badly and stuffed against a car park wall )

3. Not stored as per manufacturing recommendation I am pretty sure they lose some protective powers and become less effective.

Agreed its just a football game, one I love watching at 3pm on a Saturday not hearing walking to the ground at 1.45 that the game might be in doubt / ultimately called off.

last year we got out of jail we don't want the same Sat Tues Sat Tues Sat Tues scenario if it can be helped.

Aye, although several of last season’s rearranged fixtures were there because of our FA Cup run.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rain on 17:23 - Dec 14 with 1680 viewsTVOS1907

Rain on 15:30 - Dec 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

...and before the Frost sets in?

Hence. why they might have gone down last night!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rain on 19:23 - Dec 14 with 1517 viewsPotterDale

Rain on 16:25 - Dec 14 by aleanddale

I am not sure the screwed up car park covers are the same ones. Don't quote me on this, but I think those ones are now at Accrington
Rain on 19:26 - Dec 14 with 1504 views442Dale

Rain on 19:23 - Dec 14 by PotterDale

I am not sure the screwed up car park covers are the same ones. Don't quote me on this, but I think those ones are now at Accrington

There were covers of some sort in the car park on Tuesday night. Maybe they’re old ones we don’t use anymore but as mentioned further up, this will no doubt be clarified for those supporters who raised money down the years.

Rain on 19:38 - Dec 14 with 1485 viewsMoonyDale

Rain on 19:26 - Dec 14 by 442Dale

There were covers of some sort in the car park on Tuesday night. Maybe they’re old ones we don’t use anymore but as mentioned further up, this will no doubt be clarified for those supporters who raised money down the years.

Surely covers that cost so much to buy wouldn't be left out in the car park for every rodent in the area to make themselves at home in and have a good chomp on them?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Rain on 20:04 - Dec 14 with 1425 views100notout

Rain on 19:26 - Dec 14 by 442Dale

no doubt?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024