Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman to leave 18:04 - Dec 5 with 20035 viewsjudd

At the end of the year.

Fookin hell

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman to leave on 18:47 - Dec 5 with 2810 views442Dale

Chairman to leave on 18:45 - Dec 5 by James1980

Huge thanks for his excellent custodianship of the club.

Does everything have to be a conspiracy theory?

No. But there are questions that need answering. Time will tell if the next statement from the club starts to answer them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman to leave on 18:52 - Dec 5 with 2775 viewsJames1980

Chairman to leave on 18:47 - Dec 5 by 442Dale

No. But there are questions that need answering. Time will tell if the next statement from the club starts to answer them.

Yes you are of course correct. What are the 3 questions you would like answered the most?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chairman to leave on 18:53 - Dec 5 with 2770 views1907

A dark day for the borough of Rochdale
Chairman to leave on 18:54 - Dec 5 with 2759 viewsrochdaleriddler

Chairman to leave on 18:38 - Dec 5 by dingdangblue

The timing of this announcement and us going out of the cup last weekend - coincidence?

So if we had drawn he wouldn’t have announced this?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Chairman to leave on 18:56 - Dec 5 with 2734 views442Dale

Chairman to leave on 18:52 - Dec 5 by James1980

Yes you are of course correct. What are the 3 questions you would like answered the most?

That’s very difficult to answer James as the uncertainty of the situation means any one question could be superseded by another as more information comes out. Right now?...

1. What’s prompted all this change?
2. What plans are in place for the future?
3. Can we stop wearing the pink kit for no reason?

Chairman to leave on 18:59 - Dec 5 with 2708 viewsMoonyDale

Chairman to leave on 18:45 - Dec 5 by James1980

Huge thanks for his excellent custodianship of the club.

Does everything have to be a conspiracy theory?

In isolation I would say no, but added to the rest of the resignations and retirements over the past few months I would say that maybe just maybe all is not well behind the scenes.....Or are these questions not allowed to be asked?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Chairman to leave on 18:59 - Dec 5 with 2702 views100notout

The timing of this announcement and us going out of the cup last weekend - coincidence?

Yes - why would it not be?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Chairman to leave on 19:01 - Dec 5 with 2683 viewsnordenblue

Chairman to leave on 18:56 - Dec 5 by 442Dale

That’s very difficult to answer James as the uncertainty of the situation means any one question could be superseded by another as more information comes out. Right now?...

1. What’s prompted all this change?
2. What plans are in place for the future?
3. Can we stop wearing the pink kit for no reason?

I'm guessing there has been some sort of fall out with so many changes in such a short timescale though, I heard a rumour a couple of months ago that things weren't so rosy within the club and theres changes on the way, didn't quite guess it would be as many to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman to leave on 19:06 - Dec 5 with 2623 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/november/four-new-directors-announced/

Note the comments on the appointments of new board members last week.

Chairman to leave on 19:12 - Dec 5 with 2552 viewsD_Alien

Chairman to leave on 19:06 - Dec 5 by 442Dale

And what would be interesting to know is whether the new appointments were fully aware of CD's intentions? I can't imagine they wouldn't have been

It may just be that our brilliant chairman was given his own space to announce his retirement from that position, rather than having it mixed in which these other announcements - and quite right too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman to leave on 19:13 - Dec 5 with 2538 viewsrochdaleriddler

Chairman to leave on 19:06 - Dec 5 by 442Dale

Yes last week the Chair was looking forward to working with the newbies , now he’s off. V odd

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Chairman to leave on 19:17 - Dec 5 with 2505 viewsD_Alien

Chairman to leave on 19:13 - Dec 5 by rochdaleriddler

Yes last week the Chair was looking forward to working with the newbies , now he’s off. V odd

"...during the rest of the season and beyond."

It all depends, as judd has said, whether CD intends continuing in some capacity
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 19:19]

Chairman to leave on 19:18 - Dec 5 with 2474 viewsjudd

Chairman to leave on 19:13 - Dec 5 by rochdaleriddler

Perhaps the female board members wouldn't brew up for him?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman to leave on 19:19 - Dec 5 with 2465 viewskel

Even for you that’s a bizarre post. Do boardroom rifts usually get healed by a victory in a one off game then?
Chairman to leave on 19:23 - Dec 5 with 2421 viewsSuddenLad

A very abrupt message and terrible news for the club, whatever happens next. There's been some murmurings of a 'disruptive' power struggle going on in the Board Room for some months. The first I heard of it was when Mr. Kelly stood down.

I (we) can only hope that the shift in the balance of power, doesn't adversely affect what happens in the dressing room and/or on the field.

Perhaps Chris Dunphy may not be the last to leave ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chairman to leave on 19:29 - Dec 5 with 2358 viewsdalenumber2

I think it's about time there were women on the board. Having been a guest of the directors at a match a couple of seasons ago, I was quite surprised to see how male dominated the whole set-up was. The only women there seemed to have the role of serving food and drink (this included directors wives!).

Anyway, it's a bit strange how Dunphy states that he's "looking forward to working even closer with them all during the rest of the season and beyond.".
This very sudden change of mind is rather worrying unless he is just a very impulsive person.
Chairman to leave on 19:30 - Dec 5 with 2352 viewsmightydale

Chairman to leave on 19:23 - Dec 5 by SuddenLad

A very abrupt message and terrible news for the club, whatever happens next. There's been some murmurings of a 'disruptive' power struggle going on in the Board Room for some months. The first I heard of it was when Mr. Kelly stood down.

I (we) can only hope that the shift in the balance of power, doesn't adversely affect what happens in the dressing room and/or on the field.

The boardroom is being filled by yes people by a certain Mr somebody, God help if he comes next chairman

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Chairman to leave on 19:30 - Dec 5 with 2346 viewsrochdaleriddler

Chairman to leave on 19:17 - Dec 5 by D_Alien

"...during the rest of the season and beyond."

It all depends, as judd has said, whether CD intends continuing in some capacity
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 19:19]

Senior staff/directors etc don’t usually leave post with 3 weeks notice , that’s why I thought it odd, time will tell I suppose

Chairman to leave on 19:33 - Dec 5 with 2314 viewsMoonyDale

Chairman to leave on 19:23 - Dec 5 by SuddenLad

And where does this leave Hill? will any new chairman back him as CD has done? Conspiracy theory or not there is something not right up at the COA...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Chairman to leave on 19:35 - Dec 5 with 2285 viewsD_Alien

Chairman to leave on 19:30 - Dec 5 by rochdaleriddler

Senior staff/directors etc don’t usually leave post with 3 weeks notice , that’s why I thought it odd, time will tell I suppose

3 weeks notice to fans, not necessarily his colleagues...

Chairman to leave on 19:43 - Dec 5 with 2214 viewsCanaDale

The big question now, surely. Will the new name be AFC Rochdale, or FC Rochdale.
Chairman to leave on 19:45 - Dec 5 with 2203 viewsdalenumber2

Chairman to leave on 19:30 - Dec 5 by mightydale

The boardroom is being filled by yes people by a certain Mr somebody, God help if he comes next chairman

That sounds ominous. No idea who you are talking about though.
Chairman to leave on 19:45 - Dec 5 with 2201 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Chairman to leave on 19:33 - Dec 5 by MoonyDale

And where does this leave Hill? will any new chairman back him as CD has done? Conspiracy theory or not there is something not right up at the COA...

It leaves Hill even more untouchable I would have thought!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Chairman to leave on 19:47 - Dec 5 with 2179 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Chairman to leave on 19:35 - Dec 5 by D_Alien

3 weeks notice to fans, not necessarily his colleagues...

I wonder if the Horse and Farrier opening and having the wonderful Golden Pippin on has speeded up CD's departure?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Chairman to leave on 19:49 - Dec 5 with 2155 viewsNigeriamark

Chairman to leave on 19:30 - Dec 5 by rochdaleriddler

Actually nowadays short term announcements & changs below are the way of doing things. I work for a company with a turnover of £35 billion and the chairman announced he was leaving in 2 months + the next leadership team was announced over the next week and then the management of over 100 countries was also confirmed or changed within the 8 weeks. Giving long periods of notice just leads to longer periods of demotivating & rumours

So nothing out of the ordinary here, he just wants to leave. By doing it mid season he can hang around & show the new guy the ropes while the season is active rather than off season where the new guy would gain far less from the handover.

The only key unknown will be the chemistry between Hilly & the new management team. That will be a topic in itself but we wont know until they start to work together
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024