Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman to leave 18:04 - Dec 5 with 20154 viewsjudd

At the end of the year.

Fookin hell

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman to leave on 19:50 - Dec 5 with 2500 viewsCleedale

Perhaps the passing away of his great friend and fellow director Paul Hazlehurt has had some bearing on this decision.

One very worrying aspect; Chris was always adamant of never putting the club in financial jeopardy and living within it's means.

(Not necessarily a conspiracy theory James) although understand where you're coming from BUT could this be part of the comings and goings and that whoever is earmarked for taking over might have other plans...

...like pushing the budget to the limit to see how far we could go?

Worrying? Just slightly.
Chairman to leave on 19:52 - Dec 5 with 2491 viewsSuddenLad

"Wants to leave" ? I'd like that discussed at length......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chairman to leave on 19:58 - Dec 5 with 2415 viewskel

Chairman to leave on 19:52 - Dec 5 by SuddenLad

"Wants to leave" ? I'd like that discussed at length......

Unless you put people on ignore who have a different viewpoint.

Obv you’ve got me on there but I know you read my posts when logged out.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 19:59]
Chairman to leave on 20:01 - Dec 5 with 2376 viewsBlueDales

It's alarming how sudden all of this is.

Hoping whoever takes over in the role has the same eye for steady progress while living within our means.
Chairman to leave on 20:06 - Dec 5 with 2335 viewsrochdaleriddler

Chairman to leave on 19:49 - Dec 5 by Nigeriamark

Actually nowadays short term announcements & changs below are the way of doing things. I work for a company with a turnover of £35 billion and the chairman announced he was leaving in 2 months + the next leadership team was announced over the next week and then the management of over 100 countries was also confirmed or changed within the 8 weeks. Giving long periods of notice just leads to longer periods of demotivating & rumours

So nothing out of the ordinary here, he just wants to leave. By doing it mid season he can hang around & show the new guy the ropes while the season is active rather than off season where the new guy would gain far less from the handover.

The only key unknown will be the chemistry between Hilly & the new management team. That will be a topic in itself but we wont know until they start to work together

Mmm not sure , I smell problems, delighted to be wrong of course

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Chairman to leave on 20:08 - Dec 5 with 2313 viewsdingdangblue

Chairman to leave on 19:19 - Dec 5 by kel

Even for you that’s a bizarre post. Do boardroom rifts usually get healed by a victory in a one off game then?

Wow - you again.

So we beat Portsmouth and draw Man Utd away - Dunphy still makes the statement today?
Not as bizarre as your obsession on commenting on my posts - I don't know who the f@ck you are but it's starting to get tiresome.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Chairman to leave on 20:11 - Dec 5 with 2279 viewskel

Chairman to leave on 20:08 - Dec 5 by dingdangblue

Wow - you again.

So we beat Portsmouth and draw Man Utd away - Dunphy still makes the statement today?
Not as bizarre as your obsession on commenting on my posts - I don't know who the f@ck you are but it's starting to get tiresome.

Put me on ignore then, flower. Then only one of us has to the read the other’s “tiresome” drivel.
Chairman to leave on 20:11 - Dec 5 with 2273 viewsnordenblue

Chairman to leave on 19:49 - Dec 5 by Nigeriamark

Actually nowadays short term announcements & changs below are the way of doing things. I work for a company with a turnover of £35 billion and the chairman announced he was leaving in 2 months + the next leadership team was announced over the next week and then the management of over 100 countries was also confirmed or changed within the 8 weeks. Giving long periods of notice just leads to longer periods of demotivating & rumours

So nothing out of the ordinary here, he just wants to leave. By doing it mid season he can hang around & show the new guy the ropes while the season is active rather than off season where the new guy would gain far less from the handover.

The only key unknown will be the chemistry between Hilly & the new management team. That will be a topic in itself but we wont know until they start to work together

How do we know Hilly isn't maybe the catalyst in all these decisions, he seems to be the only constant at the minute..... I could certainly see him rubbing folk up the wrong way over time
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman to leave on 20:16 - Dec 5 with 2238 viewsTVOS1907

Chairman to leave on 20:08 - Dec 5 by dingdangblue

Wow - you again.

Or if the Oldham game hadn't been called-off?

Have you thought of that?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chairman to leave on 20:22 - Dec 5 with 2189 viewsChaffRAFC

Massively worried about all this.

The timing of this along with the other board room departures is nothing short of alarming. I hope there's nothing in it but I find it worrying.

I'm also massively worried about who gets the seat now and I reckon my fears will be realized soon.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Chairman to leave on 20:22 - Dec 5 with 2182 viewsdingdangblue

Chairman to leave on 20:11 - Dec 5 by kel

Put me on ignore then, flower. Then only one of us has to the read the other’s “tiresome” drivel.

Not arsed about you reading - it's the comments that are peculiar. You are an odd one to be bothered so much about my posts.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Chairman to leave on 20:25 - Dec 5 with 2158 viewskel

Chairman to leave on 20:22 - Dec 5 by ChaffRAFC

The timing of this along with the other board room departures is nothing short of alarming. I hope there's nothing in it but I find it worrying.

I'm also massively worried about who gets the seat now and I reckon my fears will be realized soon.

I’d be more concerned with your Americanised spelling* tbf.

*Bants, obv, before the board dullard pipes up.
Chairman to leave on 20:25 - Dec 5 with 2145 viewskel

Chairman to leave on 20:22 - Dec 5 by dingdangblue

Not arsed about you reading - it's the comments that are peculiar. You are an odd one to be bothered so much about my posts.

It’s a public forum, sugarlump. Comments will be picked apart should the need arise.
Chairman to leave on 20:29 - Dec 5 with 2102 viewsJames1980

Why cannot be CD is leaving because he wants to spend more time with his (fill in blank)
Other departures are equally less sinister?
The timing is total coincidence?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chairman to leave on 20:33 - Dec 5 with 2063 viewsDaleFan7

Chairman to leave on 20:29 - Dec 5 by James1980

Why cannot be CD is leaving because he wants to spend more time with his (fill in blank)

Those things all may be true and may be answered in the club's next statement but you can't blame people for perhaps thinking there's something not quite right with all these board departures.
Chairman to leave on 20:40 - Dec 5 with 2005 viewsChaffRAFC

Chairman to leave on 20:29 - Dec 5 by James1980

Surely, any chairman would want to avoid fans having to speculate and potentially put off any retirement announcement given two other board members have resigned inside a week. An announcement which sees him tell us with less than a month before he hands over the club to someone else.

Surely you can see why this announcement would worry fans, I can't remember a season with so many mid-season board changes.

Chairman to leave on 20:46 - Dec 5 with 1972 viewsnordenblue

Chairman to leave on 20:40 - Dec 5 by ChaffRAFC

Surely, any chairman would want to avoid fans having to speculate and potentially put off any retirement announcement given two other board members have resigned inside a week. An announcement which sees him tell us with less than a month before he hands over the club to someone else.

Surely you can see why this announcement would worry fans, I can't remember a season with so many mid-season board changes.

You won't remember a season where the manager is left to do/act how he likes either....?
Chairman to leave on 20:46 - Dec 5 with 1968 viewsBartRowou

Chairman to leave on 20:25 - Dec 5 by kel

I’d be more concerned with your Americanised spelling* tbf.

*Bants, obv, before the board dullard pipes up.

I always though it was "ise" in British English but found out recently that "ize" predates "ise" by a number of years. Found this in an Oxford Dictionaries blog (possibly written by Chaff himself):

In fact, the ‘-ize’ forms have been in use in English spelling since the 15th century: they didn’t originate in American use, even though they are now standard in US English. T

The OED’s earliest example for realize dates from 1611: it’s taken from a definition in A Dictionarie of the French and English Tongues, a bilingual dictionary written by Randle Cotgrave:

Realiser, to realize, to make of a reall condition, estate, or propertie; to make reall.

The first recorded use of the verb with an ‘-ise’ spelling in the OED is not until 1755 — over a century later!

The use of ‘-ize’ spellings is part of the house style at Oxford University Press. It reflects the style adopted in the first edition of the Oxford English Dictionary (which was published in parts from 1884 to 1928) and in the first editions of Hart’s Rules (1904) and the Authors’ and Printers’ Dictionary (1905). These early works chose the ‘-ize’ spellings as their preferred forms for etymological reasons: the -ize ending corresponds to the Greek verb endings -izo and —izein.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Chairman to leave on 20:50 - Dec 5 with 1944 viewsTVOS1907

Chairman to leave on 20:46 - Dec 5 by BartRowou

I always though it was "ise" in British English but found out recently that "ize" predates "ise" by a number of years. Found this in an Oxford Dictionaries blog (possibly written by Chaff himself):

In fact, the ‘-ize’ forms have been in use in English spelling since the 15th century: they didn’t originate in American use, even though they are now standard in US English. T

The OED’s earliest example for realize dates from 1611: it’s taken from a definition in A Dictionarie of the French and English Tongues, a bilingual dictionary written by Randle Cotgrave:

Realiser, to realize, to make of a reall condition, estate, or propertie; to make reall.

The first recorded use of the verb with an ‘-ise’ spelling in the OED is not until 1755 — over a century later!

The use of ‘-ize’ spellings is part of the house style at Oxford University Press. It reflects the style adopted in the first edition of the Oxford English Dictionary (which was published in parts from 1884 to 1928) and in the first editions of Hart’s Rules (1904) and the Authors’ and Printers’ Dictionary (1905). These early works chose the ‘-ize’ spellings as their preferred forms for etymological reasons: the -ize ending corresponds to the Greek verb endings -izo and —izein.

Trevor Franciz?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chairman to leave on 20:52 - Dec 5 with 1914 viewskel

Chairman to leave on 20:46 - Dec 5 by BartRowou

Oh.
Chairman to leave on 20:55 - Dec 5 with 1890 viewsMoonyDale

Be careful Chaff, someone will be along shortly to say you're a conspiracy theorist.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Chairman to leave on 20:58 - Dec 5 with 1850 viewsjudd

Chairman to leave on 20:55 - Dec 5 by MoonyDale

Be careful Chaff, someone will be along shortly to say you're a conspiracy theorist.......

...Or aksing for your number, innit?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman to leave on 20:58 - Dec 5 with 1845 viewsDaleiLama

Blimey - I left all the plates spinning and went out to get my tea and I come back and look at all this mess. Genuinely sad, as CD was made of the right stuff. But if it wasn't right for him anymore, he did the right thing. Still sad though. And a little anxious staring into the abyss of the unknown ……...

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chairman to leave on 20:59 - Dec 5 with 1836 viewsisitme

Signs point to Bottomley? Is that what you fear?
Chairman to leave on 21:01 - Dec 5 with 1814 viewsChaffRAFC

Chairman to leave on 20:58 - Dec 5 by judd

...Or aksing for your number, innit?

Arf!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024