Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? 18:47 - Dec 5 with 7465 viewsjudd

Or is that a knee jerk reaction to this unholy raft of resignations, retirements, redundancy and a seemingly blind desire to completely change everything?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:01 - Dec 5 with 3893 views100notout

Well they said there would be another statement to follow so at least wait for that!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:05 - Dec 5 with 3858 viewsjudd

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:01 - Dec 5 by 100notout

Well they said there would be another statement to follow so at least wait for that!

Fair comment pal, but sometimes the issue has to be forced.

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:13 - Dec 5 with 3803 views442Dale

That next statement will hopefully provide clear, concise and reassuring information to supporters and shareholders.

If not or if there further questions raised, everyone will be fully aware of the commitment within the fanbase towards the continual positive progression of our football club and the routes available. The Trust will no doubt be very interested to see how they can play a part to ensure this change is as smooth as possible.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:13 - Dec 5 with 3798 views49thseason

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:01 - Dec 5 by 100notout

Presumably, they intend to announce the new Chairman asap. I would guess Bottomley but WTFDIK.
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:17 - Dec 5 with 3769 viewsjudd

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:13 - Dec 5 by 49thseason

Presumably, they intend to announce the new Chairman asap. I would guess Bottomley but WTFDIK.

Well I fookin hope not . I'd rather have Day

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:19 - Dec 5 with 3762 viewsMoonyDale

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:17 - Dec 5 by judd

Well I fookin hope not . I'd rather have Day

Now that's a strong post Judd, unless you mean Doris of course....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:21 - Dec 5 with 3748 viewsjudd

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:19 - Dec 5 by MoonyDale

Now that's a strong post Judd, unless you mean Doris of course....

Any fookin one pal.

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:39 - Dec 5 with 3672 viewsMoonyDale

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:21 - Dec 5 by judd

Any fookin one pal.

I would guess you are not a massive fan of DB?

Login to get fewer ads

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:41 - Dec 5 with 3652 viewsmightydale

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:13 - Dec 5 by 49thseason

Totally agree about bottomley, the guys a clueless chicken.
But new people on the board (who haven't got a clue how to run a club never mind a business) Will just lap up his every word (yes people)

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:45 - Dec 5 with 3629 viewsValleySaddler

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:39 - Dec 5 by MoonyDale

I would guess you are not a massive fan of DB?

Give DB a season and we’ll have no fans....
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:54 - Dec 5 with 3597 viewsMoonyDale

Have I missed something?

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:03 - Dec 5 with 3556 viewsColDale

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 19:45 - Dec 5 by ValleySaddler

Give DB a season and we’ll have no fans....

Can only take people as I find them, and through the Trust, I've had plenty of dealings with DB. We've never agreed on everything but he has been a massive supporter of the Trust over these last few months. He played a big part in us being nominated for the Best Club / Trust relationship, and he was great in that period following Russ's departure when we were running without a Chief Exec. I've no inside knowledge whatsoever about what happens now and next appointments, but I'd suggest that the club will continue to be run in the Dale way, with decisions taken by the Board as a whole rather than by an individual.
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:09 - Dec 5 with 3527 viewsChaffRAFC

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:03 - Dec 5 by ColDale

Can only take people as I find them, and through the Trust, I've had plenty of dealings with DB. We've never agreed on everything but he has been a massive supporter of the Trust over these last few months. He played a big part in us being nominated for the Best Club / Trust relationship, and he was great in that period following Russ's departure when we were running without a Chief Exec. I've no inside knowledge whatsoever about what happens now and next appointments, but I'd suggest that the club will continue to be run in the Dale way, with decisions taken by the Board as a whole rather than by an individual.

I don't share your optimism.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:19 - Dec 5 with 3481 views442Dale

We can therefore expect that the relationship between the club and the Trust will ensure that any concerns from supporters are addressed.

We can expect it to be tested and any work that has been put in to create such a good relationship will see positive outcomes for our football club.

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:23 - Dec 5 with 3462 viewsColDale

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:19 - Dec 5 by 442Dale

We can therefore expect that the relationship between the club and the Trust will ensure that any concerns from supporters are addressed.

We can expect it to be tested and any work that has been put in to create such a good relationship will see positive outcomes for our football club.

Meeting with Directors booked in for 2nd/3rd week in Jan. We'll announce it soon and invite questions as per usual. Conversations will take place before then anyway.
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:29 - Dec 5 with 3436 viewsjudd

He's been a director for 3 years hasn't he? Not a few months.

What part did he play in the farcical end of season this year?

I have noticed his attempts with getting on side with Goldbond agents who, in my opinion, he wants sacked.

There's enough in the public domain to make me question his appointment . He could very well be seen as an opportunist.

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:40 - Dec 5 with 3394 views442Dale

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:23 - Dec 5 by ColDale

Meeting with Directors booked in for 2nd/3rd week in Jan. We'll announce it soon and invite questions as per usual. Conversations will take place before then anyway.

Which directors though? The whole thing could be up in the air by then (or totally settled so the meeting can be a good starting point with the new board).

Can there be a commitment via the Trust that all information from conversations over the next few weeks is, where possible, reported via their website if it’s in the interests of their members and the fanbase? Also, if necessary, depending on further statements from the club, that any formal meeting with the new board be brought forward. Thanks.

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 21:59 - Dec 5 with 3222 viewsColDale

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 20:40 - Dec 5 by 442Dale

Which directors though? The whole thing could be up in the air by then (or totally settled so the meeting can be a good starting point with the new board).

Can there be a commitment via the Trust that all information from conversations over the next few weeks is, where possible, reported via their website if it’s in the interests of their members and the fanbase? Also, if necessary, depending on further statements from the club, that any formal meeting with the new board be brought forward. Thanks.

I don't think there's any chance of bringing it forward this side of Christmas. Any meetings we do have in the mean time, we will do our best to stick a report online

This post has been edited by an administrator
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 00:47 - Dec 6 with 3035 viewsSandyman

This sort of change at boardroom level is something we're not used to. Plenty of other clubs (eh Chalky?) see such changes regularly. Time to calm down a bit, wait for the next "club statement" and take it from there.
A week or so ago on another thread, I opined that because of the consistent and co-operative relationship the Dale Trust and the Dale directors had, there was no need for a Dale Trust rep to be on the Dale board. If times, and attitudes change, I'll be changing my mind on that one and working towards seeing a Trust member on the Dale board of directors. Our Trust has the shares, we deserve a say. We're getting it now, if that stops...
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 0:48]
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 04:47 - Dec 6 with 2961 viewskiwidale

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 00:47 - Dec 6 by Sandyman

This sort of change at boardroom level is something we're not used to. Plenty of other clubs (eh Chalky?) see such changes regularly. Time to calm down a bit, wait for the next "club statement" and take it from there.
A week or so ago on another thread, I opined that because of the consistent and co-operative relationship the Dale Trust and the Dale directors had, there was no need for a Dale Trust rep to be on the Dale board. If times, and attitudes change, I'll be changing my mind on that one and working towards seeing a Trust member on the Dale board of directors. Our Trust has the shares, we deserve a say. We're getting it now, if that stops...
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 0:48]

I take a contrary view, until we see the make up of the new board and the direction it will take? Remember it will be a new board unlike any we have had in the past. With that in mind now is not the time to align ourselves to closely with the new board and get all **obsequious.. . Keep our powder dry this could turn Pete Tong... What do I know.

**courtesy of D-Alien.

This is not the time for bickering.

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 07:43 - Dec 6 with 2868 viewsEllDale

Perhaps Chris Dunphy looked around, took a deep breath and realised that Messrs Andy Kelly, Paul Hazlehurst and Bill Goodwin, allies for so many years, had all left.
Did that make him outvoted and outgunned at board level?
As for a replacement, I note that the German chairman of Bradford City resigned this week.
We do have a connection of course but that it is yet another conspiracy theory.
The one unknown factor in all this upheaval of course is the position of the manager.
Does it increase his power? Or does it weaken it?
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 11:47 - Dec 6 with 2706 viewsnordenblue

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 07:43 - Dec 6 by EllDale

Perhaps Chris Dunphy looked around, took a deep breath and realised that Messrs Andy Kelly, Paul Hazlehurst and Bill Goodwin, allies for so many years, had all left.
Did that make him outvoted and outgunned at board level?
As for a replacement, I note that the German chairman of Bradford City resigned this week.
We do have a connection of course but that it is yet another conspiracy theory.
The one unknown factor in all this upheaval of course is the position of the manager.
Does it increase his power? Or does it weaken it?

The only constant in this is the manager, that tells a story in itself for me
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 12:00 - Dec 6 with 2675 viewsEllDale

Purely as a matter of interest, are the directors accused of smirking during a fans forum last year and in the midst of controversy over spectators being allowed to leave the Sandy at halftime for a quick pint/fag still on the board?
Or was it the same person?
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 12:20 - Dec 6 with 2644 views49thseason

Its difficult to imagine Dunphy quitting without knowing who will replace him, however the relative shortness of time between the notification and the implementation is somewhat worrying. In an ideal world the new chairman would have been announced at the same time as the resignation if only to avoid the speculation which is now taking place. Such an action would have been seen as an endorsement of the new Chairman by the retiree and signalled stability.
The number of resignations and retirements recently seems to indicate a new regime is about to replace the old guard but directors come and go, the telling statistics will be those shown on the sharholders register. If Chris Dunphy and the other directors who held share have sold them or not is much more indicative of where we are heading than who sits in the directors seats. Anyone putting significant money in the club would want shares to cover their investment, particularly as we now own the ground and "pub".
Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 13:49 - Dec 6 with 2531 viewsD_Alien

Shareholder EGM / fans forum? on 12:00 - Dec 6 by EllDale

Purely as a matter of interest, are the directors accused of smirking during a fans forum last year and in the midst of controversy over spectators being allowed to leave the Sandy at halftime for a quick pint/fag still on the board?
Or was it the same person?

Yes, and yes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024