Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worried! 20:39 - Dec 5 with 10778 views56years

Chris Dunphy would never have resigned voluntarily and at such short notice, nor his great friend and ally Bill Goodwin, this is a boardroom revolution. Chris Dunphy is Rochdale through and through and has guided the club through thick and thin. I think this news may have far greater adverse consequences than any of us can see at the moment.
It certainly puts the weekly debate over the rights and wrongs of Keith Hill's team selections and tactics into perspective!
Worried! on 20:45 - Dec 5 with 5815 viewsjudd

There's got to be more to it than a boardroom spat and surely it needs the involvement of shareholders

Poll: What is it to be then?

Worried! on 20:48 - Dec 5 with 5803 viewsD_Alien

It was going to happen at some stage, and happening whilst other changes to boardroom personnel are afoot isn't necessarily a sign that something is wrong; perhaps it's just the natural course of things

Change is always unsettling, and much will depend on the new chair of course, but i wouldn't say i was worried. In recent times, Chris Dunphy would appear to have taken something of a back seat (after achieving a huge amount in the service of Rochdale FC) and having a more pro-active chair isn't a bad thing unless a divergence from financial stability suggests otherwise

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Worried! on 20:50 - Dec 5 with 5787 views100notout

Worried! on 20:45 - Dec 5 by judd

There's got to be more to it than a boardroom spat and surely it needs the involvement of shareholders

Doesn't CD have one of if not the biggest shareholding?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Worried! on 20:54 - Dec 5 with 5731 viewsjudd

Worried! on 20:50 - Dec 5 by 100notout

Doesn't CD have one of if not the biggest shareholding?

I've not looked for a while but I believe the biggest shareholder was Brian Kilpatrick, whose son has just joined the board.

Worried! on 20:59 - Dec 5 with 5692 views100notout

Worried! on 20:54 - Dec 5 by judd

I've not looked for a while but I believe the biggest shareholder was Brian Kilpatrick, whose son has just joined the board.

Different Kilpatrick I think - not related?

Worried! on 21:02 - Dec 5 with 5661 viewsTVOS1907

Worried! on 20:59 - Dec 5 by 100notout

Different Kilpatrick I think - not related?

Judd's right, they are father and son.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Worried! on 21:03 - Dec 5 with 5640 viewsjudd

Worried! on 21:02 - Dec 5 by TVOS1907

'Ave it...

Worried! on 21:06 - Dec 5 with 5615 views100notout

Worried! on 21:02 - Dec 5 by TVOS1907

Fair enough - thanks TVOS

Login to get fewer ads

Worried! on 21:07 - Dec 5 with 5574 viewsjudd

Worried! on 21:06 - Dec 5 by 100notout

**Ahem**

Worried! on 21:09 - Dec 5 with 5567 views100notout

Worried! on 21:07 - Dec 5 by judd

**Ahem**

got a sore throat?

Worried! on 21:11 - Dec 5 with 5528 viewsjudd

Worried! on 21:09 - Dec 5 by 100notout

got a sore throat?

I don't type with my throat.

Worried! on 21:18 - Dec 5 with 5485 viewsTVOS1907

Worried! on 21:06 - Dec 5 by 100notout

I think you were getting your Kilpatricks mixed up, rather like Mr Angry at a Fans' Forum, who boomed out to David Kilpatrick, "I've got more money than you, Fitzpatrick!"

Worried! on 21:27 - Dec 5 with 5419 viewskiwidale

Worried! on 21:03 - Dec 5 by judd

'Ave it...

That made me laugh out loud it was a genuine LOL.

This is not the time for bickering.

Worried! on 22:13 - Dec 5 with 5240 views100notout

Worried! on 21:18 - Dec 5 by TVOS1907

I think you were getting your Kilpatricks mixed up, rather like Mr Angry at a Fans' Forum, who boomed out to David Kilpatrick, "I've got more money than you, Fitzpatrick!"

no idea what you're on about. Is Andrew Kilpatrick the son of the Guernsey based (?) racehorse owner?

Worried! on 22:16 - Dec 5 with 5212 viewsjudd

Worried! on 22:13 - Dec 5 by 100notout

no idea what you're on about. Is Andrew Kilpatrick the son of the Guernsey based (?) racehorse owner?

Thought he was based in Cheltenham

Worried! on 22:48 - Dec 5 with 5116 viewsTVOS1907

Worried! on 22:13 - Dec 5 by 100notout

Yep.

Worried! (n/t) on 22:52 - Dec 5 with 5091 viewsjudd

Worried! on 22:48 - Dec 5 by TVOS1907

Yep.

Worried! on 07:44 - Dec 6 with 4777 viewsEllDale

Who do we phone now if we want the manager sacking?
Is a new list of numbers available?
Worried! on 09:08 - Dec 6 with 4678 viewskiwidale

Have you seen the date? Dunphy is gone in a little over three weeks and we don't have a the name or a clue who the new Chair will be... What a fooking shambles this club is at times. My guess is it's the new Kilpatrick fella, which would go a long way to ease my fears. Why the lack of information? Has Dunphy quit leaving the board in disarray? did they see it coming?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 9:14]

Worried! on 09:31 - Dec 6 with 4627 viewsSuddenLad

Worried! on 09:08 - Dec 6 by kiwidale

Have you seen the date? Dunphy is gone in a little over three weeks and we don't have a the name or a clue who the new Chair will be... What a fooking shambles this club is at times. My guess is it's the new Kilpatrick fella, which would go a long way to ease my fears. Why the lack of information? Has Dunphy quit leaving the board in disarray? did they see it coming?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 9:14]

It's been bubbling under the surface for quite a while. From rumours circulating, the name you suggest is not the 'likeliest' successor and there are (from those who claim to know) good reasons to be worried about the direction of the club if the 'favourite' gets the post.

We'll see, but very uncertain times ahead.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Worried! on 09:44 - Dec 6 with 4589 viewskiwidale

Worried! on 09:31 - Dec 6 by SuddenLad

It's been bubbling under the surface for quite a while. From rumours circulating, the name you suggest is not the 'likeliest' successor and there are (from those who claim to know) good reasons to be worried about the direction of the club if the 'favourite' gets the post.

We'll see, but very uncertain times ahead.

From what Ive gleaned on here the new man is disliked by some already which is not a good sign but why the sudden departure of a chairman that has done so much good? has he been ousted acrimoniously?

Worried! on 10:09 - Dec 6 with 4534 viewsD_Alien

Worried! on 09:44 - Dec 6 by kiwidale

From what Ive gleaned on here the new man is disliked by some already which is not a good sign but why the sudden departure of a chairman that has done so much good? has he been ousted acrimoniously?

Who says it's sudden? We don't know how long his announcement has been planned - possibly waited till recent changes to the board had been effected

He'd been much less pro-active recently, so the timing of it is probably the least controversial aspect, imo

I doubt he'd want a lengthy period of being slapped on the back, seems more modest than wanting all that palaver over an extended period. I've no doubt we'll be letting him know how much his tenure is appreciated

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Worried! on 10:40 - Dec 6 with 4435 viewsParkinsGimp

I doubt we will get the Chairman we want , ie someone with a pair of balls who will keep Kim Jung Hill in line. Since Dumbo certainly didnt.
I hope its not a coup with Kim Jung Hill steering it. :-)
Worried! on 11:22 - Dec 6 with 4311 viewsdawlishdale

Worried! on 10:40 - Dec 6 by ParkinsGimp

I doubt we will get the Chairman we want , ie someone with a pair of balls who will keep Kim Jung Hill in line. Since Dumbo certainly didnt.
I hope its not a coup with Kim Jung Hill steering it. :-)

Having slept on this, I don't think there is anyone at the club who is capable of stepping up to become Chairman.

Certainly not any of the current three Directors, with the possible exception of Andrew Kilpatrick but he would appear to live a couple of hundred miles away, so wouldn't be hands on enough. I won't be cruel enough to give my reasons for the other two not becoming Chairman, but from what I can see, one is happy running the Bars, and the other is a disaster in waiting.

Now that the announcements have been made, it might herald the return of a familiar face from the not too distant past, or even a completely new outsider.
Worried! on 13:16 - Dec 6 with 4115 viewsmingthemerciless

I've seen on the Hornets board that Andy Kelly is rejoining the Football Club Board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024