Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement re: Board 12:04 - Dec 6 with 7987 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/december/statement-from-andrew-kilpatric

Poll: What is it to be then?

Statement re: Board on 17:45 - Dec 6 with 2778 viewsjudd

Statement re: Board on 17:32 - Dec 6 by aleanddale

Was Andrew Kilpatick the fella who used to live in the channel islands?

Guernsey from memory? funded the COG deal a few years back?.

Life long Dale fan and a top business man ( no skeletons ) will do me.

No, that was his dad. Read on Rochdale online a while ago that Andrew is an investment banker.

Statement re: Board on 18:43 - Dec 6 with 2622 viewsSheffdale

Statement re: Board on 17:45 - Dec 6 by judd

No, that was his dad. Read on Rochdale online a while ago that Andrew is an investment banker.

This is the link from 2014 which gives background on Andrew Kilpatrick
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2014/september/club-president-announcement-/
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 19:38]
Statement re: Board on 18:52 - Dec 6 with 2577 views442Dale

Statement re: Board on 18:43 - Dec 6 by Sheffdale

This is the link from 2014 which gives background on Andrew Kilpatrick
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2014/september/club-president-announcement-/
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 19:38]

Is it just me or does the link not work?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Statement re: Board on 18:54 - Dec 6 with 2557 viewsMolly

It doesn't work for me.
Statement re: Board on 18:55 - Dec 6 with 2555 viewsDorsetDale

Statement re: Board on 18:52 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

Me neither

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Statement re: Board on 19:21 - Dec 6 with 2486 viewsTVOS1907

Statement re: Board on 18:52 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

This one does:

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/91511/andrew-kilpatr

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Statement re: Board on 19:28 - Dec 6 with 2464 viewsMoonyDale

Was there not some bad feeling after the Cog deal? something to do with buying the ground or the funding for buying it coming from the same source as the Cog money? Or am I thinking of someone else who ended up leaving the club and the funding offer being rejected because of conditions attached?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Statement re: Board on 19:41 - Dec 6 with 2418 viewsSheffdale

Statement re: Board on 18:55 - Dec 6 by DorsetDale

Me neither

I've updated the link above from the official site and it works for me. Only a short piece but clarifies which Kilpatrick family and confirms his investment banker role.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 19:43]
Login to get fewer ads

Statement re: Board on 20:10 - Dec 6 with 2320 viewsD_Dale

EllDale:
"I think that the main thing that caused concern over the departure of Chris Dunphy was fear of the unknown.
He was a familiar face and plenty of us had a tenuous connection with him (my mother for example used to teach him many moons ago) or even knew him personally.
I wish all the new board members all the best because at least we know that they are Dale fans.
My own worst fear was some form of "overseas investment" similar to what happened at Morecambe and Bradford to name but two clubs."

Agreed. Chris Dunphy is highly regarded by most fans for his lifelong Dale support as well as his level-headed approach to the running of the club. I hope he hasn't been pushed out - though I suspect there is an element of that, given the resignation of Bill Goodwin and the return of Andrew Kelly.

But it appears that we have dodged several bullets. The balance of power hasn't shifted towards someone with no previous connections who is looking for a vanity project or an asset-stripping exercise. Nor are the new board members domiciled in another country (or even another county). And it doesn't seem likely that the new chairman will sack Hill and replace him with a Joey Barton-type character.

As for for the last three weeks of Chris Dunphy's chairmanship, I hope the team provide a few memorable wins!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 20:12]
Statement re: Board on 20:47 - Dec 6 with 2177 viewsoddjob007

Statement re: Board on 20:10 - Dec 6 by D_Dale

EllDale:
"I think that the main thing that caused concern over the departure of Chris Dunphy was fear of the unknown.
He was a familiar face and plenty of us had a tenuous connection with him (my mother for example used to teach him many moons ago) or even knew him personally.
I wish all the new board members all the best because at least we know that they are Dale fans.
My own worst fear was some form of "overseas investment" similar to what happened at Morecambe and Bradford to name but two clubs."

Agreed. Chris Dunphy is highly regarded by most fans for his lifelong Dale support as well as his level-headed approach to the running of the club. I hope he hasn't been pushed out - though I suspect there is an element of that, given the resignation of Bill Goodwin and the return of Andrew Kelly.

But it appears that we have dodged several bullets. The balance of power hasn't shifted towards someone with no previous connections who is looking for a vanity project or an asset-stripping exercise. Nor are the new board members domiciled in another country (or even another county). And it doesn't seem likely that the new chairman will sack Hill and replace him with a Joey Barton-type character.

As for for the last three weeks of Chris Dunphy's chairmanship, I hope the team provide a few memorable wins!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 20:12]

A friend of a friend tells me that Tony Pockney is a big family man and a lifelong Dale fan, season ticket holder attending every match when work doesn’t dictate.

LinkedIn profile suggests a wise head to have on the board.

Edit.. His Facebook profile is remarkably open and completely supports the above.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 20:49]
Statement re: Board on 21:12 - Dec 6 with 2082 viewsnordenblue

Statement re: Board on 20:47 - Dec 6 by oddjob007

A friend of a friend tells me that Tony Pockney is a big family man and a lifelong Dale fan, season ticket holder attending every match when work doesn’t dictate.

LinkedIn profile suggests a wise head to have on the board.

Edit.. His Facebook profile is remarkably open and completely supports the above.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 20:49]

Could well be true but I wouldnt read too much into anyone's linkd in account,you can write the biggest load of sales bollox you can imagine and hope everyone else believes you.
Statement re: Board on 21:27 - Dec 6 with 2017 viewsjudd

Statement re: Board on 21:12 - Dec 6 by nordenblue

Could well be true but I wouldnt read too much into anyone's linkd in account,you can write the biggest load of sales bollox you can imagine and hope everyone else believes you.

Has anyone checked any other bios out?

Statement re: Board on 22:05 - Dec 6 with 1933 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Statement re: Board on 17:32 - Dec 6 by aleanddale

Was Andrew Kilpatick the fella who used to live in the channel islands?

Guernsey from memory? funded the COG deal a few years back?.

Life long Dale fan and a top business man ( no skeletons ) will do me.

If you dug deep enough, I reckon even David Kilpatrick would have a few skeletons in his coffins!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Statement re: Board on 22:19 - Dec 6 with 1894 viewsjudd

Statement re: Board on 22:05 - Dec 6 by SteTsGoldenBoot

If you dug deep enough, I reckon even David Kilpatrick would have a few skeletons in his coffins!

Groan.

I need a stiff drink.

Statement re: Board on 07:17 - Dec 7 with 1553 viewsdownunder

Statement re: Board on 22:05 - Dec 6 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Inter-esting comment.
Statement re: Board on 08:53 - Dec 7 with 1455 viewsDaley_Lama

Dear Andrew

1. Can we have some new sofas
2. Can you paint the changing rooms
3. Can you do something about the car park

Many thanks

Poll: DF in or out

Statement re: Board on 08:55 - Dec 7 with 1453 viewsaleanddale

Cheers Judd,

lets hope your response is not rhyming slang!

So we have steady as you like, Solid as they come Chris Dunphy happy to step down to let a younger fella with excellent credentials ( on paper ) take over.

Looking at this positively it could end up the best thing to happen at the Dale in a fair few years.

CD has been superb, but a new pair of eyes and ears and a completely new approach could be what we needed.

Up the Dale.
Statement re: Board on 09:26 - Dec 7 with 1430 viewspioneer

Statement re: Board on 08:55 - Dec 7 by aleanddale

Cheers Judd,

lets hope your response is not rhyming slang!

So we have steady as you like, Solid as they come Chris Dunphy happy to step down to let a younger fella with excellent credentials ( on paper ) take over.

Looking at this positively it could end up the best thing to happen at the Dale in a fair few years.

CD has been superb, but a new pair of eyes and ears and a completely new approach could be what we needed.

Up the Dale.

A matter of a few weeks ago we had a bloke coming in with wonderful credentials to run the show. In no time at all he has been shoved aside. Long standing chairman with wonderful record goes at three weeks notice...if it walks like a duck and and...it’s a duck.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024