Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Wimbledon away 14:07 - Dec 8 with 10334 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 16:37 - Dec 8 with 4396 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 16:32 - Dec 8 by D_Alien

Was replacing Cannon with Inman a good idea, in terms of ball retention?

In other news: Accy v Sunderland abandoned

Rathbone on for Dan Adshead.....add a bit of bite?

Are we under the cosh now?
Match thread: Wimbledon away on 17:17 - Dec 8 with 3877 viewsD_Alien

I'll try to sound optimistic

If we were going to struggle like we did last season, this is the type of run-of-the-mill fixture we might've lost

As it is, the point adds a bit more daylight between us and 21st place, which in this season of dark winter days has got to be welcome

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 17:38 - Dec 8 with 3736 views442Dale

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 17:17 - Dec 8 by D_Alien

If we were going to struggle like we did last season, this is the type of run-of-the-mill fixture we might've lost

As it is, the point adds a bit more daylight between us and 21st place, which in this season of dark winter days has got to be welcome

That’s probably the right perspective.

We dropped far too deep in the second half (despite the wind being against Wimbledon), there were far too many challenges/headers/blocks having to be made in our own area and it was only a matter of time before something dropped. Really basic long throw and they’re level. We started playing in their half again towards the end and it made you wonder why there was a change inbetween. Two points dropped but one gained too after recent capitulations after the opposition get a goal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 19:34 - Dec 8 with 3340 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 17:17 - Dec 8 by D_Alien

I was out this afternoon , I hardly checked on the dale score, that’s how disenchanted I am, I am rapidly losing interest

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 19:44 - Dec 8 with 3283 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 19:34 - Dec 8 by rochdaleriddler

I was out this afternoon , I hardly checked on the dale score, that’s how disenchanted I am, I am rapidly losing interest

You can tell by how many posts are the match thread, that a lot of people feel the say way as you,me especially. Missed my first home game by choice on Sunday really didn't miss it one bit

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 19:52 - Dec 8 with 3242 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 16:32 - Dec 8 by D_Alien

Was replacing Cannon with Inman a good idea, in terms of ball retention?

In other news: Accy v Sunderland abandoned

I'll bet the Accy GK was glad to see that Sunderland goal expunged:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11575609/accrington-a-a-su
Match thread: Wimbledon away on 20:29 - Dec 8 with 3099 viewsjonahwhereru

The swirling wind combined with a uber quick surface and tight pitch was not condusive to a good game.

We played the football and deserved our lead. Wimbledon then did what they need to to get back in it, without ever looking composed on the ball.

We finished the game out well, and our last two substitutes show an attacking intent.

Shame about the Cannon injury caused by a missed swing at a shot. Never looked like he could continue. Hopefully it’s just a muscle strain.

Some comments on individual performances:

Lillis is clearly our best keeper
Rafferty had his best game I’ve seen from him in ages
Perkins was our most influential player when we were in the acsendence
Williams also justified his selection, as Calvin always does
Adshead is going to be a proper footballer, but when Wimbledon had their prolonged spell he struggled and needed to be swapped out

Overall a decent result where we played the football on a difficult day.

Up the Dale
Match thread: Wimbledon away on 20:49 - Dec 8 with 3019 viewsbigness2017

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 20:29 - Dec 8 by jonahwhereru

The swirling wind combined with a uber quick surface and tight pitch was not condusive to a good game.

We played the football and deserved our lead. Wimbledon then did what they need to to get back in it, without ever looking composed on the ball.

We finished the game out well, and our last two substitutes show an attacking intent.

Shame about the Cannon injury caused by a missed swing at a shot. Never looked like he could continue. Hopefully it’s just a muscle strain.

Some comments on individual performances:

Lillis is clearly our best keeper
Rafferty had his best game I’ve seen from him in ages
Perkins was our most influential player when we were in the acsendence
Williams also justified his selection, as Calvin always does
Adshead is going to be a proper footballer, but when Wimbledon had their prolonged spell he struggled and needed to be swapped out

Overall a decent result where we played the football on a difficult day.

Up the Dale

Andrew MOM for me! Scored a goal, linked up well with team mates, held up and controlled the ball well and helped out at the back. Perkins for me was disappointing.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 21:08 - Dec 8 with 2944 viewsJames1980

In the post match interview Hill says he would rather see the ball take 3 or 4 passes to get up the pitch than one.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 21:16 - Dec 8 with 2901 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 21:08 - Dec 8 by James1980

In the post match interview Hill says he would rather see the ball take 3 or 4 passes to get up the pitch than one.

I think most people would as there's a better chance of it ending up where it should do but it's been taking us 33 or even 333 passes to get it up there last season and early this. We seem to have lost some urgency. Signs it might be coming back a little?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 22:49]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 21:48 - Dec 8 with 2785 viewsmacro

Game of two halves, Dale by far the better team first half, AFC far better second half. Draw fair result on a wet and windy day.
Match thread: Wimbledon away on 22:01 - Dec 8 with 2741 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 19:34 - Dec 8 by rochdaleriddler

Won't be interested in these very brief highlights then.

https://www.skysports.com/football/afc-wdon-vs-rochdale/393335
Match thread: Wimbledon away on 22:10 - Dec 8 with 2701 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 21:16 - Dec 8 by DaleiLama

I think most people would as there's a better chance of it ending up where it should do but it's been taking us 33 or even 333 passes to get it up there last season and early this. We seem to have lost some urgency. Signs it might be coming back a little?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 22:49]

I think it is promising that by the sounds of it team talks don't include hoof it up to Calvin. Now if the players can follow that instruction a bit more.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 10:48 - Dec 9 with 2106 viewsmikehunt

Must mention a fantastic one on one save by Josh to stop us going behind. Lillis has really had two excellent games in returning. Which makes the goalkeeping merry-go-round all the more baffling.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 11:07 - Dec 9 with 2069 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 10:48 - Dec 9 by mikehunt

Must mention a fantastic one on one save by Josh to stop us going behind. Lillis has really had two excellent games in returning. Which makes the goalkeeping merry-go-round all the more baffling.

And on the day he broke the club's goalkeeping appearances record.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 12:16 - Dec 9 with 1962 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 22:01 - Dec 8 by D_Dale

Won't be interested in these very brief highlights then.

https://www.skysports.com/football/afc-wdon-vs-rochdale/393335

It was that good we don't even get a full minute.
Match thread: Wimbledon away on 16:45 - Dec 9 with 1704 viewswimborne_dale

It was actually quite an entertaining game with both sides having good periods of pressure. The wind played havoc and Dale were under the Cosh for most of the second half. Thought we were a tad fortunate to get away with a point.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 20:19 - Dec 9 with 1483 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Wimbledon away on 16:45 - Dec 9 by wimborne_dale

It was actually quite an entertaining game with both sides having good periods of pressure. The wind played havoc and Dale were under the Cosh for most of the second half. Thought we were a tad fortunate to get away with a point.

Much better than the same game last year which was a shocker of a 0-0. I would say we shaded the first half and last 15 minutes. Definitely got a battering for 30 minutes though and the defense did very well. They were always going to score in that spell and could have got 2. I stayed for the presentation after the game. Their manager pretty much said the same & was disappointed they didn’t get a second during that spell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024