Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buckets takeover imminent? 15:19 - Dec 10 with 28395 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Buckets takeover imminent? on 22:52 - Dec 13 with 4166 viewsShakerbhoy

Ground,Car Park and Social Club debts paid off...now fully back under the ownership of Bury FC....

Remaining debts being worked on,thats not a bad start to his tenure
Buckets takeover imminent? on 23:10 - Dec 13 with 4123 viewsDaley_Lama

Good luck to Daley, comes across as a football fan.

There’s a lot of debt built up at lower gigg, might take more than his self reported 1.5M investment to clear that up.

Were i a bury fan, i would have 3 questions i would be asking right now.

1. Have all shares and assets of BFC owned by Stewpot Day or any associate or associated business been transferred to Daley?
2. Is there any outstanding debt to Stewpot Day, or any associate or associated business?
3. What other outstanding debts are there?

The transfer of power appears to have gone accross smoothly, but thst has been done previously at other clubs only for fans to discover the previous owner still either owned shares or the ground or massive debt against the ground.

Each annual declaration under Stewpot showed escalating losses and last years are yet to come. 1.5M from Daley is but a thumb in a leaking wall in that respect.

Hope for your sakes that it is a clean break from the previous owners and chums, it does have a whiff of the club being passed onto someone in the same business circle however which smells of mates rates.

Poll: DF in or out

Buckets takeover imminent? on 00:07 - Dec 14 with 4062 viewsdingdangblue

Buckets takeover imminent? on 22:52 - Dec 13 by Shakerbhoy

Ground,Car Park and Social Club debts paid off...now fully back under the ownership of Bury FC....

You believe Day has just walked away with nothing but massive losses after 5 years? Out of the goodness of his heart? To go and look after his young family? bury are supposedly playing the best football seen since Day arrived and are looking good for promotion! And he's just given up and gone? Something just isn't quite right.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Buckets takeover imminent? on 00:18 - Dec 14 with 4055 viewsSandyman

Buckets takeover imminent? on 00:40 - Dec 14 with 4030 viewsShakerbhoy

Buckets takeover imminent? on 23:10 - Dec 13 by Daley_Lama

Good luck to Daley, comes across as a football fan.

There’s a lot of debt built up at lower gigg, might take more than his self reported 1.5M investment to clear that up.

Were i a bury fan, i would have 3 questions i would be asking right now.

1. Have all shares and assets of BFC owned by Stewpot Day or any associate or associated business been transferred to Daley?
2. Is there any outstanding debt to Stewpot Day, or any associate or associated business?
3. What other outstanding debts are there?

The transfer of power appears to have gone accross smoothly, but thst has been done previously at other clubs only for fans to discover the previous owner still either owned shares or the ground or massive debt against the ground.

Each annual declaration under Stewpot showed escalating losses and last years are yet to come. 1.5M from Daley is but a thumb in a leaking wall in that respect.

Hope for your sakes that it is a clean break from the previous owners and chums, it does have a whiff of the club being passed onto someone in the same business circle however which smells of mates rates.

Im not certain of the answers to some of your questions but Steve Dale is highly critical of Stewart Day and the way he ran the club...said far too much money wasted in the wrong areas....

Theres whispers that the club never saw a penny of all the money made from the sales of youth to Prem Clubs over the years ...

Day lied to fans time and time again to appease them and most swallowed his horse sh1t...

The day Stewart Day took over we were 1.5mill in debt and owned our own ground...when he left we were near on 10 mill in debt and didnt own the ground,carpark or social club-something Steve Dale has immediately corrected,and hes working on clearing the rest.

Guess time will tell whether its a good or bad thing...it certainly couldnt get any worse
Buckets takeover imminent? on 00:43 - Dec 14 with 4028 viewsShakerbhoy

Buckets takeover imminent? on 00:07 - Dec 14 by dingdangblue

You believe Day has just walked away with nothing but massive losses after 5 years? Out of the goodness of his heart? To go and look after his young family? bury are supposedly playing the best football seen since Day arrived and are looking good for promotion! And he's just given up and gone? Something just isn't quite right.

No i dont believe he has just given up and gone...there obviously has to be some monetary gain for him....some are saying Steve Dale purchased the club for £1 and agreed to take on the debt....

But no...i dont think he walked away with nothing
Buckets takeover imminent? on 09:19 - Dec 14 with 3778 viewsRAFCBLUE

An interesting question:

* Do you think Stewart Day made money out of trading bury fc, and if so how much? *

If you trade something you try to do so to make a profit.

Stewart bought bury at its low point.

I think he’ll have stripped a few bob out of this - all completely legally.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Buckets takeover imminent? on 10:04 - Dec 14 with 3706 viewsceme_ender

There is no chance he has walked away and written off the debt, that was pretty clear from days interview on Radio Manchester, it will be a significant amount owed to him.
There is every chance he still owns the ground, and could call it in anytime in the future. I don't know this but being realistic people don't write that sort of money off.

I am more confident of a future for Bury Fc in the football league after the takeover and I do believe the chap who has taken over does seem like a genuine chap with honourable intentions of returning the club as the centre point of the community. As fans we are not too bothered about a championship pipedream and are just as happy to watch a decent team in league two.
Login to get fewer ads

Buckets takeover imminent? on 11:02 - Dec 14 with 3617 viewsjudd

Buckets takeover imminent? on 10:04 - Dec 14 by ceme_ender

There is no chance he has walked away and written off the debt, that was pretty clear from days interview on Radio Manchester, it will be a significant amount owed to him.
There is every chance he still owns the ground, and could call it in anytime in the future. I don't know this but being realistic people don't write that sort of money off.

I am more confident of a future for Bury Fc in the football league after the takeover and I do believe the chap who has taken over does seem like a genuine chap with honourable intentions of returning the club as the centre point of the community. As fans we are not too bothered about a championship pipedream and are just as happy to watch a decent team in league two.

What did you think of Day when he rode into the club?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Buckets takeover imminent? on 11:20 - Dec 14 with 3595 viewsD_Alien

Buckets takeover imminent? on 11:02 - Dec 14 by judd

I'll bet he turned Day into a Knight In Shining Armour

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Buckets takeover imminent? on 11:24 - Dec 14 with 3577 viewsceme_ender

Very little, didn't know anything about him. It became obvious pretty quick that he didn't like paying people which is never a good way to run a business.
As a fan you are never going to be too critical of the signing of what looked like on paper good players.
You pay your entrance fee to be entertained. Improving the squad is going to add to this you would think.
It didn't turn out that way.
Buckets takeover imminent? on 12:33 - Dec 14 with 3458 viewskiwidale

I might be alone on this but I hope the fortunes of Bury afc improve with the new man in charge, apart from the entertainment value of Day's tenure no club should suffer from the chaos that ensued under Day. Simply put we need Bury as a local rival they add spice to the season as do Oldham, Stockport and Haliifax remember them. I could add Hartlepool and Darlington, proper northern teams. The old 3rd division North must have been fantastic from a fans perspective

This is not the time for bickering.

Buckets takeover imminent? on 12:46 - Dec 14 with 3432 viewskel

Fair play to him, he made those transactions pretty quickly. Did he actually say that or have you seen documents to back it up?
Buckets takeover imminent? on 12:47 - Dec 14 with 3430 viewskel

Poor horse.
Buckets takeover imminent? on 13:10 - Dec 14 with 3374 viewsEllDale

The old Third Division North had lots of local fixtures but also a lot of meaningless games in the second part of the season as only one team got promoted with no play-off places to aim for.
And no-one ever seemed to fail to be re-elected.
Buckets takeover imminent? on 13:26 - Dec 14 with 3336 viewskiwidale

Buckets takeover imminent? on 13:10 - Dec 14 by EllDale

The old Third Division North had lots of local fixtures but also a lot of meaningless games in the second part of the season as only one team got promoted with no play-off places to aim for.
And no-one ever seemed to fail to be re-elected.

I remember enough Dale relegation battles to suggest no games are irrelevant but I take your point. I'm not suggesting the old format of one up was ideal however a modern version with the champion automatic and play offs with two from north and south promoted would be interesting... just an opinion and the idea kind of fails when it comes to promotion and relegation.

Buckets takeover imminent? on 13:32 - Dec 14 with 3328 viewsEllDale

Yes, it's a thought, especially with the way that southern clubs seem to be predominate in L1, L2 and the Conference.
Some of the travelling in the latter league is horrendous.
Buckets takeover imminent? on 13:43 - Dec 14 with 3306 viewskiwidale

Buckets takeover imminent? on 13:32 - Dec 14 by EllDale

Yes, it's a thought, especially with the way that southern clubs seem to be predominate in L1, L2 and the Conference.
Some of the travelling in the latter league is horrendous.

The folly of a national league at level 5 is there to see. I have a mate who is an Hartlepool fan they often have to travel horrendous miles south Dover for instance, to play in front of sparse crowds.

Buckets takeover imminent? on 14:14 - Dec 14 with 3243 viewsD_Alien

Buckets takeover imminent? on 13:43 - Dec 14 by kiwidale

The folly of a national league at level 5 is there to see. I have a mate who is an Hartlepool fan they often have to travel horrendous miles south Dover for instance, to play in front of sparse crowds.

No-one has to travel anywhere, it's a lifestyle choice

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Buckets takeover imminent? on 14:59 - Dec 14 with 3154 viewsColDale

Buckets takeover imminent? on 12:33 - Dec 14 by kiwidale

I might be alone on this but I hope the fortunes of Bury afc improve with the new man in charge, apart from the entertainment value of Day's tenure no club should suffer from the chaos that ensued under Day. Simply put we need Bury as a local rival they add spice to the season as do Oldham, Stockport and Haliifax remember them. I could add Hartlepool and Darlington, proper northern teams. The old 3rd division North must have been fantastic from a fans perspective

surely in a Division 3 N, we'd simply look at Lincoln or Carlisle away in the same way we might look upon Southend or Plymouth, and we wouldn't look at teams such as Morecambe or Fleetwood as being local if we had half a dozen sides or so less than 30 mins drive away.
Buckets takeover imminent? on 15:51 - Dec 14 with 3076 viewskiwidale

Buckets takeover imminent? on 14:59 - Dec 14 by ColDale

surely in a Division 3 N, we'd simply look at Lincoln or Carlisle away in the same way we might look upon Southend or Plymouth, and we wouldn't look at teams such as Morecambe or Fleetwood as being local if we had half a dozen sides or so less than 30 mins drive away.

Perhaps we should have a Lancashire league as in cricket surely all Rochdale cc games are against local rivals with teams just a bus ride away.

Buckets takeover imminent? on 19:25 - Dec 14 with 2856 viewssmaclad1

When you say the ground is paid off, does that mean the Club still owned it and has paid off all the charges against it or the ground has been bought back off one of Stewies companies and, if it is the latter, are there still charges outstanding against the ground?

When you say the car park is paid off, does that mean the club has come to settlement with Principal International and that all the investors will at least get the equivalent of their initial investment back given you seem to be suggesting that the deal is off?

When you say that the Social Club debts are paid off, does this mean you can now afford a new glasswasher? Mind you, that might not be necessary - a post I have seen on another site suggested that when your new Chairman left the Old Market Tavern he removed all the fixtures and fittings - if this is right there should be a glasswasher in there somewhere. There you go - he's a few bob up already!
Buckets takeover imminent? on 22:12 - Apr 25 with 2167 viewskel

Shakerbhoy full of shit? Who’d have thought it...

“Contrary to some reports, I can also confirm that the stadium has not been transferred to Bury Heritage or Bury Leisure Ltd, nor has it been moved to any other companies. There is currently an alleged mortgage on the stadium of c£3.2m, taken out allegedly in various tranches by the previous owners. Please be advised this would (if proven valid) have to be repaid in full before any transfer into another company could ever take place. Our Social Club is also at risk due to another loan being taken out on it by the previous owners which we were going to repay from Bury Leisure.”
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 22:14]
Buckets takeover imminent? on 22:47 - Apr 25 with 2059 viewsFrog

Blimey, they need 1.6m to pay wages and costs to the end of May and only expect £180,000 of income.
Buckets takeover imminent? on 08:57 - Apr 26 with 1787 viewsDalenet

Buckets takeover imminent? on 22:47 - Apr 25 by Frog

Blimey, they need 1.6m to pay wages and costs to the end of May and only expect £180,000 of income.

You wouldn't buy a season ticket would you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024