Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade 18:04 - Dec 11 with 14776 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 09:08 - Dec 12 with 3235 viewsdingdangblue

Well it's getting a little more interesting! Beat City kids and we are 2 wins from a Wembley final. This must be realistically our best chance of ever winning a Trophy. Should we start playing Henderson and take the competition more seriously?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 10:38 - Dec 12 with 3046 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 09:08 - Dec 12 by dingdangblue

Well it's getting a little more interesting! Beat City kids and we are 2 wins from a Wembley final. This must be realistically our best chance of ever winning a Trophy. Should we start playing Henderson and take the competition more seriously?

Hendo, yes. As long as he replaces someone like Williams and plays up front. I wouldn't make wholesale changes though I'd keep the likes of Adshead and Morley playing. Though I think there's an argument that they should both be playing in league games anyway.
Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 10:40 - Dec 12 with 3042 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 09:08 - Dec 12 by dingdangblue

If we can get a bit more stability in League 1 in next few games (Hilly wants 4 points from next two) ....let's get the best team out for the City match.
Calvin would have had a panful last night.
Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 10:51 - Dec 12 with 3019 viewsBigKindo

I have been speaking with a Citeh season ticket holder this morning. He said that Citeh would put out a team of u21's , no golden oldies or senior fringe players, as this is there preferred format i.e. it is a better test for their u21's than u21's Premier football.
Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 11:00 - Dec 12 with 2983 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 10:51 - Dec 12 by BigKindo

I have been speaking with a Citeh season ticket holder this morning. He said that Citeh would put out a team of u21's , no golden oldies or senior fringe players, as this is there preferred format i.e. it is a better test for their u21's than u21's Premier football.

Yes they are playing the kids. Number 84 scored v Barnsley and one player is number 91! 😮
They can certainly play and their finishing was superb at Oakwell. Will be a big test whatever team we put out - certainly Morley and Adshead would be looking forward to playing amongst their peers.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 11:11 - Dec 12 with 2957 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 21:39 - Dec 11 by 442Dale

911 of them but their manager decided to take over the posturing duties.

Rafferty lucky not to have seen red. We’d do well to remember this.

Very odd how it involved Clarke yet again, the bloke spends all game trying to wind everyone up and fouling constantly, love the delayed reaction too when shoved by Raff, what an arse of a man
Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 18:30 - Dec 15 with 2246 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 21:13 - Dec 11 by Shun

Have to echo that. Even before the sending off we were utterly dominant and we really should be looking at an Oldham massacre in the scoreline, but unfortunately we didn’t test their keeper enough.

I thought the midfield trio of Perkins, Morley and Rathbone were excellent and controlled the game, and Done and Raff were afforded more space than they’ve seen all season - if only their crossing was slightly improved!

Smart finish by Adshead for the second. Good to see CoG get a good reception when he went off, and funny to see an irate Frankie Bunn squaring up to Dale fans at the end. All in all, I really enjoyed that!

The applause must've reminded him of how good he was. Hat-trick today against Bury - his first?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 18:33 - Dec 15 with 2226 views442Dale

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 18:30 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

The applause must've reminded him of how good he was. Hat-trick today against Bury - his first?

He got one for us against Cheltenham, or did you mean for Oldham?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 18:39 - Dec 15 with 2199 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 18:33 - Dec 15 by 442Dale

He got one for us against Cheltenham, or did you mean for Oldham?

No, i meant for anyone, but thanks for the info

Good to see him having some fun late in his career, even if it's for Latics

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 18:55 - Dec 15 with 2153 viewsbiffoboffo

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 18:39 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

No, i meant for anyone, but thanks for the info

Good to see him having some fun late in his career, even if it's for Latics

Red card overturned

Never a pen

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 19:04 - Dec 15 with 2124 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 18:55 - Dec 15 by biffoboffo

Red card overturned

Never a pen

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Having been sat fairly close to the red card incident, I'm amazed it was overturned as there was no evidence it was a 'clear and obvious error' by the referee.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 19:10 - Dec 15 with 2101 viewsDickydaler

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 19:04 - Dec 15 by TVOS1907

Having been sat fairly close to the red card incident, I'm amazed it was overturned as there was no evidence it was a 'clear and obvious error' by the referee.

I thought the red card was a bit harsh, but as you say, surprised it was overturned.
Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 19:40 - Dec 15 with 2039 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 19:10 - Dec 15 by Dickydaler

I thought the red card was a bit harsh, but as you say, surprised it was overturned.

I know. And for me, the Oldham player knew straight away he'd done wrong.

There's too much inconsistency in the whole appeals process.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 09:07 - Dec 16 with 1892 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 19:04 - Dec 15 by TVOS1907

And if the rules haven't changed - the player only misses Checkatrade games if sent off in a Checkatrade game? Or has that altered?

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 11:20 - Dec 16 with 1838 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 09:07 - Dec 16 by dingdangblue

And if the rules haven't changed - the player only misses Checkatrade games if sent off in a Checkatrade game? Or has that altered?

Apparently not: https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/december/15122018-maouche-red-card-re

Reading that story, do Oldham think they are still in the competition or something?

I think they are trying to make a point here, that they weren't happy with the referee's performance.

'Cleared of any wrongdoing' is a strange turn of phrase when he clearly lunged in at Gillam in a dangerous, uncontrollable manner.

Like I said, the whole appeals process lacks consistency. Maybe there were football people on this panel...

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 14:19 - Dec 16 with 1769 viewsDaley_Lama

How on earth has that red card been overturned?

We need to get whoever represented Oldham next time, he’s a miracle worker. Tackle from behind, through the player, red any day.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 14:37 - Dec 16 with 1742 viewsNafelad

I decided a long time ago that there is no consistency in referees, decisions or appeal results, following red cards - not in our league.

Topcat

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 15:21 - Dec 16 with 1699 viewsCleedale

what are folk like the 4th Official for?

Is there anything they 'actually' do that is of any significance or do they just turn up for the pay-cheque?
Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 15:32 - Dec 16 with 1691 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 15:21 - Dec 16 by Cleedale

what are folk like the 4th Official for?

Is there anything they 'actually' do that is of any significance or do they just turn up for the pay-cheque?

No.

The four officials are all linked by earpieces, so while the fourth official may not appear to be doing anything, they are in constant dialogue with the other officials, which is something supporters won't see.

So, the fourth official might advise over something close to his position, but the referee is the person who will visibly award it.

Some bloke near me is always screaming at the ref to "go and have a word with the linesman", when the reality is they don't actually need to these days because of the communications system.

With regards to the Oldham red card, the fourth official was nowhere near the incident, but the referee was and decided it was a sending-off. Video evidence does nothing to prove that decision was a 'clear and obvious error', so I'd love to know on what grounds Oldham have had it rescinded.

The fourth official will also take over if one of the other officials is injured. They are all EFL assistants or, in some cases, referees, so they have the necessary credentials. Yesterday's fourth official, for example, was one of the linesmen when we played Luton.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 15:47]

Match thread: Oldham Checkatrade on 10:05 - Dec 20 with 1509 viewsdingdangblue

It's looking like it will be Man City v Burton in the league cup semi 1st leg on Wednesday 9th Jan. We play Burton on the previous Saturday so hopefully their minds will be on the City game and we can gain an advantage. As for the Checkatrade game for us on Tuesday 8th I can't see many City fans who go to regular City games being interested now they play in the league cup most probably the day after.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024