Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dennis Heywood 09:41 - Dec 22 with 3019 viewsDaleiLama

Bl00dy awful news this. Kind and generous chap who loved the Dale. Departed far, far too soon.

Rest in Peace Dennis.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 9:44]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dennis Heywood on 09:53 - Dec 22 with 2968 views442Dale

Dennis was a genuinely good bloke. That term is often used far too easily but he really was. Me and my son went with him to MKDons the season before last and his generosity and focus on others having a good day illustrated what a great person he was.

So sad.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dennis Heywood on 10:24 - Dec 22 with 2904 viewsDaleiLama

Dennis Heywood on 09:53 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

Dennis was a genuinely good bloke. That term is often used far too easily but he really was. Me and my son went with him to MKDons the season before last and his generosity and focus on others having a good day illustrated what a great person he was.

So sad.

He offered me a lift to that game (I think it was) and said you'd be in the car, but I couldn't make it.

Met him at Wembley where he was the attender for a chap with mobility issues in a wheelchair.

As you say, always put himself out for others and put them before himself. Not too many of those kind around anymore.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dennis Heywood on 10:40 - Dec 22 with 2853 viewsanimal8

Totally shocked by the news of Dennis .I went to Sunderland with him .He lived up there for a while .I haven't seen him for a while,I rang him at the Portsmouth game ,while I was talking to Ian at the trust desk..So sad .RIP Dennis .
Dennis Heywood on 11:35 - Dec 22 with 2769 viewsChaffRAFC

Truly awful news.

Genuinely gutted at this. Had many dealings with Dennis through rhe Trust and the walks to Oldham and was a top top bloke and it was lovely seeing him bringing his daughter to games and bringing her up the Dale way.

Gutted.

RIP Dennis

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dennis Heywood on 12:45 - Dec 22 with 2660 viewsflyerdale

Ah bugger. He was a top chap.

RIP Dennis
Dennis Heywood on 13:13 - Dec 22 with 2621 viewsdawlishdale

Very sad news. Genuinely nice chap who will be missed. Feel so sorry for his daughter, who used to come to the games with him

RIP Dennis.
Dennis Heywood on 21:50 - Dec 23 with 2288 viewsTVOS1907

Really sad to hear this earlier in the week.

I had got to know Dennis quite well over the last 12 months when he purchased my missus' old house and his passing came as a real shock to us.

A decent bloke who I hope is at peace now.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dennis Heywood on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 1852 viewsColDale

We've just received funeral details this afternoon.

It will take place at Rochdale Crematorium on Thursday 10th January at 1:40pm, followed by a wake in the main lounge at Spotland at 2:30pm. Family would love to see as many people there as possible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024