Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idiots with the drones 12:46 - Dec 22 with 2355 viewsNigeriamark

Hope they get the book thrown at them. Travelled from Kiev to Oslo via London yesterday. Flight to Oslo was delayed because of the drones. Got there at 1.30 am and had to sleep on a chair in a freezing departure hall until I could get a train this morning. To$$ers. Apparently 150,000+others affected
Idiots with the drones on 13:23 - Dec 22 with 2273 viewsDaley_Lama

2 arrested, not yet charged.

Max 5 year punishment.

Poll: DF in or out

Idiots with the drones on 13:37 - Dec 22 with 2249 viewsD_Alien

I'll bet you wish we still had stocks we could put the perpetrators into - i know that's how i'd feel!

I think the fil.. police deserve plaudits for making arrests relatively quickly given the circumstances - if indeed those arrested are found to be guilty; though not quickly enough for some

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Idiots with the drones on 14:33 - Dec 22 with 2171 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Idiots with the drones on 13:37 - Dec 22 by D_Alien

I'll bet you wish we still had stocks we could put the perpetrators into - i know that's how i'd feel!

I think the fil.. police deserve plaudits for making arrests relatively quickly given the circumstances - if indeed those arrested are found to be guilty; though not quickly enough for some

They may have the wrong folk?

Stocks would be great ....throwing old food and tomatoes (still in the tins) at the miscreants.
Idiots with the drones on 02:14 - Dec 23 with 1905 viewsrochdale_ranger

Your nicked you slaaaag!!!
Idiots with the drones on 09:14 - Dec 23 with 1794 viewsmingthemerciless

I thought the image of a lone copper stood forlornly in a field looking out for drones with a Mark 1 eyeball summed up our " Nothing really works anymore " society.
Idiots with the drones on 11:08 - Dec 23 with 1715 viewsD_Alien

Idiots with the drones on 09:14 - Dec 23 by mingthemerciless

I thought the image of a lone copper stood forlornly in a field looking out for drones with a Mark 1 eyeball summed up our " Nothing really works anymore " society.

It worked

Idiots with the drones on 11:46 - Dec 23 with 1686 viewsjudd

Released without charge.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Idiots with the drones on 11:52 - Dec 23 with 1680 viewsseasidedale

Alex Brooker on the last leg said the culprit should be made to walk through the airport with a tee shirt saying, it was me I did it.
Login to get fewer ads

Idiots with the drones on 12:42 - Dec 23 with 1651 viewsKenBoon

Idiots with the drones on 11:46 - Dec 23 by judd

Released without charge.

Not before the national press plastered newspapers, television and clickbait sites with their pictures, names, jobs, quotes from their friends. Basically lives turned upside down with no understanding of the evidence against them (clearly nothing other than him being drone obsessed and owning a ladder and living near the airport). Daily Mail adding the old "?" onto their headlines because that obviously makes it ok. I hope they get a massive payout because they've all earned ad-revenue from what was basically nothing. The press must be free but stuff like this doesn't half make it difficult to defend that position.
Idiots with the drones on 13:44 - Dec 23 with 1589 viewsjonesy

People ought to think about all of this.
Naming and identifying suspects before trial is dangerous.
The drone operators may have done some good in exposing our weakness to deal with drones. Imagine if one is carrying a few pounds of explosive. This could be flown anywhere and be remotely triggered. What happened at Gatwick could be trivial in comparison.
Idiots with the drones on 13:55 - Dec 23 with 1576 viewsDaleiLama

Idiots with the drones on 09:14 - Dec 23 by mingthemerciless

I thought 1 Mark1 hadn't posted on here much recently.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Idiots with the drones on 14:07 - Dec 23 with 1563 viewsrochdale_ranger

Idiots with the drones on 13:44 - Dec 23 by jonesy

People ought to think about all of this.
Naming and identifying suspects before trial is dangerous.
The drone operators may have done some good in exposing our weakness to deal with drones. Imagine if one is carrying a few pounds of explosive. This could be flown anywhere and be remotely triggered. What happened at Gatwick could be trivial in comparison.

That’s how they tried killing the Venezuelan president earlier this year. A bomb attached to a drone. I don’t see how anything but an outright ban on them would stop what’s happened here though.
Idiots with the drones on 17:40 - Dec 23 with 1451 viewssmaclad1

Idiots with the drones on 13:23 - Dec 22 by Daley_Lama

2 arrested, not yet charged.

Max 5 year punishment.

Whoever is responsible, up to life imprisonment if charged under the Aviation and Maritime Security Act 1990.

Using the Act against the drone controllers seems a more reasonable use of the Act than using it against people who stop an aircraft from moving while it is still on then ground and going nowhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/10/activists-convicted-of-terror-of

Blocking a plane on the ground - “A grave danger to the safety of the airport and its passengers” — clear and obvious bollocks. Deliberately flying drones where they can bring down aircraft IS a grave danger to the airport and its passengers — clear and obvious, isn’t it?
Idiots with the drones on 17:43 - Dec 23 with 1444 viewsforeverhopefulDale

https://newsthump.com/2018/12/20/drones-over-gatwick-found-to-be-new-ryanair-sup

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Idiots with the drones on 17:56 - Dec 23 with 1418 viewsmingthemerciless

Idiots with the drones on 11:08 - Dec 23 by D_Alien

It worked

Oh No It Didn't.
Idiots with the drones on 22:25 - Dec 23 with 1298 viewsD_Alien

Idiots with the drones on 17:56 - Dec 23 by mingthemerciless

Oh No It Didn't.

Last time i checked the news, Gatwick was back to full operation

So in true panto style - Oh Yes It Did

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024