Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGahey 13:46 - Dec 22 with 4088 viewsfirgrovedale51

It appears that Scunthorpe are are preparing a bid for McGahey
McGahey on 17:01 - Dec 22 with 3795 views49thseason

Have they got enough money?
McGahey on 17:08 - Dec 22 with 3735 viewssykeboy

McGahey on 17:01 - Dec 22 by 49thseason

I was thinking the same unless there’s a release clause was surprised when signed a 2 year contract
McGahey on 17:13 - Dec 22 with 3705 viewsThacks_Rabbits

McGahey on 17:01 - Dec 22 by 49thseason

How much do you think we would want? 300k and add ons? Can’t see them paying that.

Out of interest how long has he got left on his contract, can’t see why we would sell him if 18m or more left, unless we are skint or he has fallen out with Keith

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

McGahey on 17:23 - Dec 22 with 3640 viewsDaleiLama

I'd be very disappointed if he made a sideways move unless Scunny are backing up the Brinx Mat trucks. If he goes up the food chain good luck to him, but unless he's burnt his bridges here somehow, I want him to stay please?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

McGahey on 17:30 - Dec 22 with 3590 viewsdeeplishblue

McGahey on 17:23 - Dec 22 by DaleiLama

I'd be very disappointed if he made a sideways move unless Scunny are backing up the Brinx Mat trucks. If he goes up the food chain good luck to him, but unless he's burnt his bridges here somehow, I want him to stay please?

Would want £500k if 18 months left. Would still be disappointed though. Harrison is easily our best defender. Can play CH or RB deceptively fast rarely beaten for pace. Hill would have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to replace him.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

McGahey on 17:34 - Dec 22 with 3567 views49thseason

McGahey on 17:13 - Dec 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

How much do you think we would want? 300k and add ons? Can’t see them paying that.

Out of interest how long has he got left on his contract, can’t see why we would sell him if 18m or more left, unless we are skint or he has fallen out with Keith

I would be upset if he went for less than £500k with the usual add-ons. I hate it when clubs think they can put low ball offers on the table just because they imagine we are skint. It has happened too many times in the past and needs to stop, You can't bring kids through the system effectively when key players are allowed to leave as soon as an offer comes in. Ideally, we would have a settled 1st sixteen or seventeen and 3 or 4 youngsters who can be brought through as saleable assets, one or two at a time.
McGahey on 17:42 - Dec 22 with 3531 viewsboromat

This is my worry at the moment 6 points clear of the drop zone but a lot of those teams are capable of splashing some cash in January such as Scunny and Bradford. Us on the other hand by the sounds of it needs to sell two players. It's not going to be an easy second half of the season. Probably end up with some loan signings to try an fill the gap.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

McGahey on 18:36 - Dec 22 with 3337 viewsDaleFan7

Really hope we don't 'have' to sell him and let him go on the cheap if the rumours about bids coming in are true. He's by far our best defender and someone who I don't think we can afford to lose.
Login to get fewer ads

McGahey on 19:03 - Dec 22 with 3194 viewssweetcorn

obviously want him to stay, but if he wants to leave let him go. No point keeping players who dont want to be here

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

McGahey on 19:03 - Dec 22 with 3198 viewsDiddyDave

We will soon find out what the new chairman thinks. Are we broke or not? Do we really need to sell.....?
McGahey on 19:37 - Dec 22 with 3108 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Harrison is one of this Club's best assets.....no doubt about that,he has been a very steady performer in the recent dip in form and will be a big miss IF we have to sell him.

Mr Chairman,don't do it....we need this fella!
McGahey on 21:11 - Dec 22 with 2954 viewsrkershaw

McGahey on 19:37 - Dec 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Harrison is one of this Club's best assets.....no doubt about that,he has been a very steady performer in the recent dip in form and will be a big miss IF we have to sell him.

Mr Chairman,don't do it....we need this fella!

Post match comments have Hilly stating that MJ has the potential to be one of the best central defenders in the league.....I would say that sadly we might have seen the last of Big Mc in a Dale shirt if Scunny are offering the right kind of cash!!!
McGahey on 21:22 - Dec 22 with 2909 viewsJames1980

McGahey on 21:11 - Dec 22 by rkershaw

Post match comments have Hilly stating that MJ has the potential to be one of the best central defenders in the league.....I would say that sadly we might have seen the last of Big Mc in a Dale shirt if Scunny are offering the right kind of cash!!!

So what would that leave in terms of CB cover?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

McGahey on 23:02 - Dec 22 with 2711 views49thseason

McGahey on 21:22 - Dec 22 by James1980

So what would that leave in terms of CB cover?

McNulty! Khosi?
I imagine we would want him gone quickly and a loanee in for the rest of the season (which of course eats into the profit). I would hope we could bring in a couple of forwards if Andrew is on the transfer list and Cannon is going too.
I wonder if there is any possibility of taking over Humphries loan at Scunthorpe since we seem to be on good terms with Fulham?
Interesting times ahead.
McGahey on 23:22 - Dec 22 with 2674 viewsJames1980

Hopefully we can sell HM and AC to a Championship club and loan them back

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

McGahey on 01:17 - Dec 23 with 2523 viewssweetcorn

McGahey on 23:22 - Dec 22 by James1980

Hopefully we can sell HM and AC to a Championship club and loan them back

That’s not going to happen. We’re talking about 2 players who are 23 year old, not kids, if a club is going to buy them, it’s going to be so they play.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

McGahey on 09:15 - Dec 23 with 2327 viewsscarrow

McGahey on 23:02 - Dec 22 by 49thseason

McNulty! Khosi?
I imagine we would want him gone quickly and a loanee in for the rest of the season (which of course eats into the profit). I would hope we could bring in a couple of forwards if Andrew is on the transfer list and Cannon is going too.
I wonder if there is any possibility of taking over Humphries loan at Scunthorpe since we seem to be on good terms with Fulham?
Interesting times ahead.

Andrew on the transfer list?

Poll: Final position

McGahey on 10:05 - Dec 23 with 2205 viewselectricblue

McGahey on 21:11 - Dec 22 by rkershaw

If that is true about what hill thinks about MJ Williams then he better tie him down to a longer contract....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

McGahey on 11:34 - Dec 23 with 2063 viewsShun

McGahey on 23:02 - Dec 22 by 49thseason

McNulty! Khosi?
Interesting times ahead.

With Hill choosing this weekend to say he thinks MJ can be one of the best defenders in the league I imagine that means he’s going to be the long-term replacement should McGahey leave. I wouldn’t expect any replacements arriving.
McGahey on 11:38 - Dec 23 with 2037 viewsSaxonDale

McGahey on 11:34 - Dec 23 by Shun

With Hill choosing this weekend to say he thinks MJ can be one of the best defenders in the league I imagine that means he’s going to be the long-term replacement should McGahey leave. I wouldn’t expect any replacements arriving.

Agreed, I saw his post match comments as being directed towards managing fans expectations regarding if/when McGahey leaves and no replacement is signed. Having heard Hill’s comments yesterday I would be amazed if McGahey is still here at the end of January. A real shame- for us and him- as with all respect his next move should have been a higher step.
McGahey on 13:59 - Dec 23 with 1941 viewsDaleiLama

McGahey on 11:38 - Dec 23 by SaxonDale

Agreed, I saw his post match comments as being directed towards managing fans expectations regarding if/when McGahey leaves and no replacement is signed. Having heard Hill’s comments yesterday I would be amazed if McGahey is still here at the end of January. A real shame- for us and him- as with all respect his next move should have been a higher step.

I joined exactly the same dots as you and Shun and came to the same conclusion, which seems to add further credence to Fitz's recent post that we need to sell rather than want to? All speculation on my part I admit.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

McGahey on 18:41 - Dec 23 with 1760 viewsdawlishdale

McGahey on 11:38 - Dec 23 by SaxonDale

Agree.

The biggest disappointment would be losing our best defender to a team in the same league as us, and moreover, one that is currently below us. it would leave us looking dodgy in the heart of defence, with calamity Jim waiting in the wings, alongside Delaney, who isn't blessed with pace, and Kosi, who can be hot and cold. Scunny fans seem to have sussed out how clanger prone Rory Mcardle is, and can't wait to sign someone better. Rory is on a big salary as well, but Scunny do have a wealthy owner.

As others have alluded to; being in L1 is probably worth close to £1m to us in terms of additional income compared to L2, so if we were to sell to scunny, it would have to be one heck of a price.

First big test for the new look Board. Let's see how good at poker they are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024