Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half the season gone 17:19 - Dec 22 with 3051 viewsNigeriamark

So how would we sum it up so far

PLAYED 23 AND HAVE 27 POINTS
AWAY: played 12 W4 D4 L4 points 16
Home: Played 11 W3 D2 L6 points 11

Pretty much the same picture as from January of last season. KH has got it right away from home & yet we have now been poor at home for the whole of last season and most of this. Overall this season has been better to watch but unfortunately most fans only see home games which is sour bread and butter and determines crowds, degree of satisfaction etc

Overall IMO 6/10 this year because of the away form and better than last season but 3/10 at home. Not worried that we will be in the bottom 4 as yet but worried that KH is not focusing on winning games at home but starting out not to lose. Hasn’t learnt from last season on that score

Today has given us a pre - Christmas boos but need some points at home to stop the current disgruntlement getting worse.

So no Hill out for me but needs to sort it out at home
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 17:20]
Half the season gone on 17:26 - Dec 22 with 3016 viewsDaleiLama

Pretty much agree with that. As I said in another post a while ago, there is no crisis - our issues are fixable. It just depends if we can, and if we get our home form where it should be it could be a decent run in. Can't say I'm confident we will, but neither am I pessimistic that we won't.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Half the season gone on 17:31 - Dec 22 with 2967 viewsD_Alien

Our away form has, as you indicate, been no marker for how we might perform at home but today's result at least sets up the possibility of a more ambitious approach in the festive fixtures against Blackpool & Bradford - which could've been nervy affairs if we were now on the brink of the bottom four

Such an approach would be a huge present for all Dale fans, and i'll even include the miserable moaners in that!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Half the season gone on 18:23 - Dec 22 with 2840 viewsRodingdale

Players looked up for it today, brilliant to see Adshead get a game. Old head on young shoulders. Henderson is such a great player and Camps on song - we were up for it today and the winning goal celebration summed up the team spirit, which is clearly very strong.
Half the season gone on 18:34 - Dec 22 with 2788 viewsDaleFan7

I think the fact that quite often we're the architects of our own downfall much of the time. Not learning to defend set pieces, individual mistakes etc, having majority of possession and not doing anything with it, not being able to hold on to a lead. This rather than the opposition genuinely playing better than us doesn't help with the perception of how we're actually doing.

Couple this with the fact we don't seem to learn from the mistakes over the last 18 month and we've won very little amount of games at home (which the majority of fans are at, obviously) it's not helped the overall mood, as well as off the field goings on.

At the halfway stage we're over half the points usually required to survive and with the squad we have we should achieve that comfortably. I just hope we can find some way of coming back to playing without fear at home. Whatever we're doing at the moment at home isn't working so something needs to change anyway starting with Blackpool and Bradford (who seem resurgent at the moment.)

I'd give the season a 5/10 so far.
Half the season gone on 19:47 - Dec 22 with 2651 viewsDaleiLama

Half the season gone on 18:34 - Dec 22 by DaleFan7

I think the fact that quite often we're the architects of our own downfall much of the time. Not learning to defend set pieces, individual mistakes etc, having majority of possession and not doing anything with it, not being able to hold on to a lead. This rather than the opposition genuinely playing better than us doesn't help with the perception of how we're actually doing.

Couple this with the fact we don't seem to learn from the mistakes over the last 18 month and we've won very little amount of games at home (which the majority of fans are at, obviously) it's not helped the overall mood, as well as off the field goings on.

At the halfway stage we're over half the points usually required to survive and with the squad we have we should achieve that comfortably. I just hope we can find some way of coming back to playing without fear at home. Whatever we're doing at the moment at home isn't working so something needs to change anyway starting with Blackpool and Bradford (who seem resurgent at the moment.)

I'd give the season a 5/10 so far.

And for all those reasons the team needs a strong home support and the crowd getting behind it now more than ever.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Half the season gone on 20:21 - Dec 22 with 2600 viewsrich_dale

We need to be more positive at home, today should give us more freedom to do it in the next few games - 3 out of 4 at home. Properly go for it from the first whistle
Half the season gone on 00:46 - Dec 23 with 2392 viewsJames1980

Half the season gone on 20:21 - Dec 22 by rich_dale

We need to be more positive at home, today should give us more freedom to do it in the next few games - 3 out of 4 at home. Properly go for it from the first whistle

Hopefully the next home game the players have a no fear attitude. JW11 will hopefully be brimming with confidence, Camps has scored from a header, Adshead and Rathbone could have scored.
Still plenty of games left. Dale could surprise plenty of folk

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Half the season gone on 10:09 - Dec 23 with 2200 viewsmikehunt

Bet Camps got a bollocking for daring to stray into the opposition penalty area 😄

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

Half the season gone on 11:01 - Dec 23 with 2104 viewsboromat

Agree with the OP I'm reasonably happy when comparing to last season but we really need to improve at home. Mentioned in another post my only concern is our ability off the pitch in January. Teams below us will be buying we'll be selling and relying on our youngsters to come good or some loan player to make an impact.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Half the season gone on 12:37 - Dec 23 with 2041 viewsaleanddale

Half the season gone on 11:01 - Dec 23 by boromat

Agree with the OP I'm reasonably happy when comparing to last season but we really need to improve at home. Mentioned in another post my only concern is our ability off the pitch in January. Teams below us will be buying we'll be selling and relying on our youngsters to come good or some loan player to make an impact.

We got to 30 points late Feb last season and it looked bleak.

This year we have an opportunity to get to 30 points on boxing day!.

Agree with the OP - reasonably happy if we can kick on now and start to climb league 1.
Half the season gone on 18:35 - Dec 23 with 1940 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Half the season gone on 12:37 - Dec 23 by aleanddale

Agree with the OP - reasonably happy if we can kick on now and start to climb league 1.

Even though I enjoyed the back end of last season,we don't really want another nail-biter in May. Jesus saves and all that.

Let's get the points on the board first and build from there.

Not so depressed as last week.
Half the season gone on 20:37 - Dec 23 with 1835 viewsdingdangblue

Half the season gone on 12:37 - Dec 23 by aleanddale

The 1-0 defeat away to Wigan was our 30th game last season and we still only had 26 points!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43093782

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Half the season gone on 10:00 - Dec 24 with 1608 viewsaleanddale

Half the season gone on 20:37 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

The 1-0 defeat away to Wigan was our 30th game last season and we still only had 26 points!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43093782

Wow!!

Looking at that league table makes last seasons great escape seem even more incredible!
Half the season gone on 18:58 - Dec 24 with 1339 viewsJames1980

Half the season gone on 10:00 - Dec 24 by aleanddale

Wow!!

Looking at that league table makes last seasons great escape seem even more incredible!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42406956
Half way point last season 23rd on 22 points

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024