Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adding to the rumours 09:14 - Dec 23 with 15146 viewsscarrow

Claims on Twitter that Cannon is off to Pompey in January. Fee approx £150K add that to the Mcgahey one and see whether there's any truth in it.

Poll: Final position

Adding to the rumours on 09:17 - Dec 23 with 7645 viewsKnowlesy

Gutted but not surprised. Hill just doesn't seem to rate him and he only has 6 months left on his deal. I'm pleased for him though because it'd be good for him to play under a manager who actually believes in him in a team that's flying. Good luck to the lad.
Adding to the rumours on 09:32 - Dec 23 with 7546 viewsParkinsGimp

Disgusting and shocking the way Cannon has been treated. It will be a disgrace to lose him because of the arrogant selfish attitude of a manager. But good luck to Andy Cannon to have a fresh start and enjoy his football again. £150k is a steal but with only 6m on contract best we could expect.
Adding to the rumours on 09:50 - Dec 23 with 7464 viewsregjenkins

Good luck to him if its true. A step up but its post christmas give away. £150,000 is shocking.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Adding to the rumours on 09:53 - Dec 23 with 7440 viewselectricblue

Always thought that Cannon was one of the better players at Dale...
Shocker though that he maybe off for a megre £150k...

Could he be at loggerheads with Hill!!!!!

So hill wants rid....

Also it maybe time to cash in if Hill sees Adshead and Morley as replacements....
Seems lodgical..
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 9:56]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Adding to the rumours on 10:07 - Dec 23 with 7387 viewsisitme

Adding to the rumours on 09:50 - Dec 23 by regjenkins

Good luck to him if its true. A step up but its post christmas give away. £150,000 is shocking.

£150,000 now is better than nowt in the summer if Hill does not fancy him. Personally I would want him to be a first team regular and look to sign him to a long term deal.
Adding to the rumours on 10:45 - Dec 23 with 7251 viewsmacro

Of course the player might actually want to go and it was agreed he’d sign a deal and be sold in January so Dale got some cash...
Adding to the rumours on 10:54 - Dec 23 with 7191 viewsboromat

I wonder if this deal was completed just a little too late for the last deadline and therefore Hill has decided to prioritise players that are more likely here for the full season. The development of Adshead for example. Rings true if the rumours of McGahey are true he's been taken out of the team immediately.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Adding to the rumours on 11:37 - Dec 23 with 7018 viewsShun

If Cannon does leave, and for just £150K, while that fee is understandable given the circumstances, I think for me it’ll go down as one of Hill’s worst ever examples of management. How he’s wasted such a talent like Cannon is so frustrating.
Login to get fewer ads

Adding to the rumours on 11:46 - Dec 23 with 6965 viewsSaxonDale

Adding to the rumours on 11:37 - Dec 23 by Shun

If Cannon does leave, and for just £150K, while that fee is understandable given the circumstances, I think for me it’ll go down as one of Hill’s worst ever examples of management. How he’s wasted such a talent like Cannon is so frustrating.

You could argue that the following have all ended up leaving for less money or of a lower standard club than once expected:

McGahey
Cannon
Allen
Bunney
Tanser
Hooper

Added to that there are a few current players who don’t look as promising as they did a few years ago (although they’re still very decent at this level). It’s hard to see why there’s been a struggle the last few years in players reaching the potential they’ve showed. Without sounding hyper critical I just think we’re experts at helping players with the transition between youth-first team. However it almost seems after 70ish games their career plateaus.
Adding to the rumours on 11:46 - Dec 23 with 6967 viewsjonahwhereru

If true this would be a cheap punt for Pompey. Cannon would not be demanding big money.

Will Andy Cannon prove to be a championship quality player. That’s an interesting one. Matty Lund didn’t cut it, Jamie Allen probably did. Personally I don’t think Andy is at that level yet, so Kenny Jackett would need to develop him. Which is certainly possible.

We would have to take 150k if offered. Andy was one of the last to sign up for this year, so he will have done us a favour in staying around for this season.
Adding to the rumours on 11:51 - Dec 23 with 6949 viewsseasidedale

Hill keeps saying that he sees Cannon as a wing back, if so then play him there, but we seem to have gone away from the 2 wing back 3 central defender formation so Andy has lost out. Still think he is one of the best central midfielders we have , sorry to see him go if its true.
Adding to the rumours on 11:51 - Dec 23 with 6951 viewsrichfoad32

Adding to the rumours on 11:46 - Dec 23 by SaxonDale

You could argue that the following have all ended up leaving for less money or of a lower standard club than once expected:

McGahey
Cannon
Allen
Bunney
Tanser
Hooper

Added to that there are a few current players who don’t look as promising as they did a few years ago (although they’re still very decent at this level). It’s hard to see why there’s been a struggle the last few years in players reaching the potential they’ve showed. Without sounding hyper critical I just think we’re experts at helping players with the transition between youth-first team. However it almost seems after 70ish games their career plateaus.

Would agree with most of that,but McGahey and Cannon haven't gone anywhere yet!
Adding to the rumours on 12:19 - Dec 23 with 6852 viewsKenBoon

IF you're only getting back £150k for one of the more established youth team players, then the entire youth system isn't worth the money invested. Considering the lack of effort at drawing crowds the youth system has to produce a big profit. Camps will be off for next to nothing soon. Allen was 'undisclosed' and assumed on the lower side. Have we sold a youth team player for big money yet? Dawson wasn't one and Hogan was released and I don't think that is part of the youth development plan? I know there's a few coming through now with big hopes, but there were big hopes for Camps and Allen and neither have broke the bank.

Personally i'd rather see him in our team and leave for nothing in the summer.
Adding to the rumours on 12:34 - Dec 23 with 6786 viewsaleanddale

Adding to the rumours on 09:32 - Dec 23 by ParkinsGimp

Disgusting and shocking the way Cannon has been treated. It will be a disgrace to lose him because of the arrogant selfish attitude of a manager. But good luck to Andy Cannon to have a fresh start and enjoy his football again. £150k is a steal but with only 6m on contract best we could expect.

You need to remember Hill is the manager. He is paid to make these calls and the vast majority of the time he gets it pretty close to being right.

being a manager of 22+ and you can only select half of these to start there will be some unhappy players / fans.

I will be very disappointed if AC does move on but we might need to shuffle the deck to improve.
Adding to the rumours on 12:37 - Dec 23 with 6773 viewsD_Alien

If the rumours are true, i wouldn't expect Cannon to be heading straight into their first team, which looks to me to be doing just fine right now

For £150k, it's possible he'd become backup for the rest of the campaign, which clubs in their position can afford to do (indeed, would be daft not to)

What happens if Pompey are promoted is another matter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Adding to the rumours on 13:02 - Dec 23 with 6699 viewselectricblue

"Personally i'd rather see him in our team and leave for nothing in the summer."
Honestly..
Clubs like Dale rely upon selling players etc to keep going.
So in my eyes £150k is better than Sweet FA in the summer.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Adding to the rumours on 13:57 - Dec 23 with 6516 viewsdingdangblue

Adding to the rumours on 12:19 - Dec 23 by KenBoon

IF you're only getting back £150k for one of the more established youth team players, then the entire youth system isn't worth the money invested. Considering the lack of effort at drawing crowds the youth system has to produce a big profit. Camps will be off for next to nothing soon. Allen was 'undisclosed' and assumed on the lower side. Have we sold a youth team player for big money yet? Dawson wasn't one and Hogan was released and I don't think that is part of the youth development plan? I know there's a few coming through now with big hopes, but there were big hopes for Camps and Allen and neither have broke the bank.

Personally i'd rather see him in our team and leave for nothing in the summer.

At the minute he would be not in our team and leaving for nothing in the summer.
He might as well go.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adding to the rumours on 13:59 - Dec 23 with 6508 viewsRippDale

Adding to the rumours on 13:57 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

At the minute he would be not in our team and leaving for nothing in the summer.
He might as well go.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/portsmouth-set-to-unveil-roch
Adding to the rumours on 14:04 - Dec 23 with 6477 views49thseason

There isnt much room in professional football for "nearly" players, lots are tried , a few are chosen and some make the top grade. There is something that has prevented Cannon making the highest levels with us, so the question is where and with whom will he eventually find his level? Keith has obviously decided he is no longer a fit with RAFC and he may well be a perfect fit somewhere else, thats life, its unpredictable and messy, Keiths job is to take a squad of individuals and mold a team capable of doing what he wants them to do, it takes time and there are always casualties along the way. Cannon and his agent have made a decision, as did Joe Bunney, Mendes Laing, and the others who have left to try somewhere else. £150k will pay a couple of wages next season or top up the accounts for this year, Adshead is palpably a better player, as is Morley. So, I doubt if KH has lost any sleep over this decision and someone else gets the opportunity, life goes on. Its not personal, its just business.
Adding to the rumours on 14:16 - Dec 23 with 6419 viewsDaleiLama

More of a black Friday sale than a January sale for me this. The calls to start thinning the squad have been answered by the looks of it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adding to the rumours on 14:29 - Dec 23 with 6351 viewsKenBoon

Adding to the rumours on 13:02 - Dec 23 by electricblue

"Personally i'd rather see him in our team and leave for nothing in the summer."
Honestly..
Clubs like Dale rely upon selling players etc to keep going.
So in my eyes £150k is better than Sweet FA in the summer.....

Staying in this division is worth far more than £150k. Since Cannon isn't really in the team it's not a big deal. But had this been Ian Henderson would you take the £150k? Also no football club should rely on transfers to keep going, but that's a different discussion.
Adding to the rumours on 15:59 - Dec 23 with 6097 viewsJames1980

Can deals be signed and sealed outside the transfer window? If not, perhaps another club might out bid Portsmouth when it opens in January.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Adding to the rumours on 16:48 - Dec 23 with 5926 viewsscarrow

Grass isn't always greener, look at Bunney, hated every minute at Northampton and hasn't been able to get back in the side since injury at Blackpool.

Poll: Final position

Adding to the rumours on 16:56 - Dec 23 with 5880 viewsDale23years

Adding to the rumours on 16:48 - Dec 23 by scarrow

Grass isn't always greener, look at Bunney, hated every minute at Northampton and hasn't been able to get back in the side since injury at Blackpool.

Let him go, Morley and Adshead will be better than him in 6 months time anyway. Plus with the youth players coming through , will make our squad stronger unless played at left back.

Plus it will give money to hill to bring in a proper defensive midfielder as Perkins is pass it.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Adding to the rumours on 17:34 - Dec 23 with 5761 viewssmaclad1

Bloody fickle this board - weeks of demanding that Cannon plays, then let the bugger go cos he's not playing and there's better options.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024