Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adding to the rumours 09:14 - Dec 23 with 15081 viewsscarrow

Claims on Twitter that Cannon is off to Pompey in January. Fee approx £150K add that to the Mcgahey one and see whether there's any truth in it.

Poll: Final position

Adding to the rumours on 18:41 - Dec 23 with 3529 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Adding to the rumours on 17:34 - Dec 23 by smaclad1

Bloody fickle this board - weeks of demanding that Cannon plays, then let the bugger go cos he's not playing and there's better options.

It looks like a done deal though Smacker,........Always a big fan of AC but his head is turned now.......what we must do is fit a Promotion Clause to get another taste if Portsmouth do indeed go up!
Adding to the rumours on 19:58 - Dec 23 with 3345 views49thseason

His head was probably turned before he was only offered or only prepared to sign a one year contract.
If there was a deal with Portsmouth that they didn't manage to get over the line at the start of the season then staying here till January was probably OK for both parties. We get cover and Adshead gets his chance, they get a deal on the table ready to go as soon as the window reopens.
Adding to the rumours on 21:21 - Dec 24 with 2848 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Adding to the rumours on 19:58 - Dec 23 by 49thseason

His head was probably turned before he was only offered or only prepared to sign a one year contract.
If there was a deal with Portsmouth that they didn't manage to get over the line at the start of the season then staying here till January was probably OK for both parties. We get cover and Adshead gets his chance, they get a deal on the table ready to go as soon as the window reopens.

Might well be a bid coming in from Ipswich if what I heard today is anything to go by, and it would be for both AC and H Mc. Figures he did not know (or did not want to say) but I have no reason to doubt him.

I won’t name my source and won’t say more as I don’t really know much more, But he is very much involved in football and has told me a few bits before, including about current dale players so, it’s possible.

Sadly can’t see them bidding more than about £750k as the clubs crowds are shot to bits and Evans spends sod all.

Only what I have heard in freezing Suffolk today so don’t blame the messenger either way.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Adding to the rumours on 21:27 - Dec 24 with 2826 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Tractor Boys looking good to drop to League 1 as it stands......been struggling a while now.

Quite an attractive move for any of our lot nonetheless!
Adding to the rumours on 21:53 - Dec 24 with 2777 viewsJames1980

Adding to the rumours on 21:27 - Dec 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Tractor Boys looking good to drop to League 1 as it stands......been struggling a while now.

Quite an attractive move for any of our lot nonetheless!

What happened to that Ipswich fan who was going to adopt Dale as their second team?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Adding to the rumours on 22:05 - Dec 24 with 2750 viewsmacro

Adding to the rumours on 21:21 - Dec 24 by Thacks_Rabbits

Might well be a bid coming in from Ipswich if what I heard today is anything to go by, and it would be for both AC and H Mc. Figures he did not know (or did not want to say) but I have no reason to doubt him.

I won’t name my source and won’t say more as I don’t really know much more, But he is very much involved in football and has told me a few bits before, including about current dale players so, it’s possible.

Sadly can’t see them bidding more than about £750k as the clubs crowds are shot to bits and Evans spends sod all.

Only what I have heard in freezing Suffolk today so don’t blame the messenger either way.

Not knocking your info but I’d be amazed if Ipswich go down the route of buying more L1 players, a summer of doing this and selling their better players has put them in the mess they are in now. Lambert has been quoted in the papers as wanting loans from the Prem and experienced championship players.
Adding to the rumours on 22:07 - Dec 24 with 2748 viewsmacro

Adding to the rumours on 21:53 - Dec 24 by James1980

What happened to that Ipswich fan who was going to adopt Dale as their second team?

That’ll be Cana Dale
Adding to the rumours on 22:15 - Dec 24 with 2726 viewsJames1980

Adding to the rumours on 22:07 - Dec 24 by macro

That’ll be Cana Dale

Have they made it to any games?

Login to get fewer ads

Adding to the rumours on 22:32 - Dec 24 with 2696 viewsDySporting

Adding to the rumours on 21:21 - Dec 24 by Thacks_Rabbits

The EADT (East Anglian Daily Times) - downmarket Suffolk version of the EDP (Eastern Daily Press) has Lambert after Liam Bridcutt from Forest and Simon Dawkins on a free. Their quote is that Lambert wants experienced Midfielders to add to his squad and the likelihood is they’d have to be loans as there is no money for transfers.
Adding to the rumours on 22:33 - Dec 24 with 2696 viewsdale5758

abdsoluely disgusting the wa hes been utilisd n magaged, ALso we shoulnt forget the part Hill playedf in us loing legend Gty Jones again du to pig hedednes overa 2 year deal for him
[Post edited 25 Dec 2018 17:14]

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Adding to the rumours on 22:41 - Dec 24 with 2678 viewsJames1980

Adding to the rumours on 22:33 - Dec 24 by dale5758

abdsoluely disgusting the wa hes been utilisd n magaged, ALso we shoulnt forget the part Hill playedf in us loing legend Gty Jones again du to pig hedednes overa 2 year deal for him
[Post edited 25 Dec 2018 17:14]

Can we do a whip round for a new keyboard for you next collection perhaps

Adding to the rumours on 23:26 - Dec 24 with 2609 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Adding to the rumours on 22:32 - Dec 24 by DySporting

The EADT (East Anglian Daily Times) - downmarket Suffolk version of the EDP (Eastern Daily Press) has Lambert after Liam Bridcutt from Forest and Simon Dawkins on a free. Their quote is that Lambert wants experienced Midfielders to add to his squad and the likelihood is they’d have to be loans as there is no money for transfers.

Seen that as well and time will tell. I would guess they can afford 750k even with the purse strings shot. It’s something I heard and if your local to Ipswich and have a beer around IP4 you might know who told me.

Tbh Ac and HMc would be better than some currently on good money, so it’s very believable

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Adding to the rumours on 07:34 - Dec 25 with 2444 viewsTVOS1907

Adding to the rumours on 21:53 - Dec 24 by James1980

He was a WUM and not a very good one at that.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Adding to the rumours on 07:36 - Dec 25 with 2442 viewsTVOS1907

Adding to the rumours on 22:07 - Dec 24 by macro

That’ll be Cana Dale

James is on about someone else.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Adding to the rumours on 11:11 - Dec 25 with 2261 viewsDaleiLama

Adding to the rumours on 22:15 - Dec 24 by James1980

Have they made it to any games?

He obviously didn't have your dedication or determination James (or subsidised rail travel )

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adding to the rumours on 12:07 - Dec 25 with 2184 viewsDySporting

Adding to the rumours on 23:26 - Dec 24 by Thacks_Rabbits

Seen that as well and time will tell. I would guess they can afford 750k even with the purse strings shot. It’s something I heard and if your local to Ipswich and have a beer around IP4 you might know who told me.

Tbh Ac and HMc would be better than some currently on good money, so it’s very believable

I know an Ipswich scout well and he's been scouting premier league u23 teams for loans. Im told Lambert though is struggling as the fees wanted for the loans are too much for their budget. He reckons there is zero cash available for transfers without selling first. He's not mentioned about AC or HM but it doesn't mean they aren't being watched or scouted
[Post edited 25 Dec 2018 22:09]
Adding to the rumours on 15:15 - Dec 25 with 2028 viewsJames1980

Adding to the rumours on 11:11 - Dec 25 by DaleiLama

He obviously didn't have your dedication or determination James (or subsidised rail travel )

True the latter is an absolute boon

Adding to the rumours on 17:06 - Dec 25 with 1925 viewsmidlandsdale

Adding to the rumours on 11:37 - Dec 23 by Shun

If Cannon does leave, and for just £150K, while that fee is understandable given the circumstances, I think for me it’ll go down as one of Hill’s worst ever examples of management. How he’s wasted such a talent like Cannon is so frustrating.

Never a truer word spoken on here. Utter waste of one of the most consistent and committed players at the club. Not given the chance he deserves and I don't really care who we haven the wings as replacements as on this issue Hill has done a really poor job. An increasingly poor job that no short term win at Southend will cure.
Adding to the rumours on 17:15 - Dec 25 with 1910 viewsmidlandsdale

Adding to the rumours on 12:34 - Dec 23 by aleanddale

You need to remember Hill is the manager. He is paid to make these calls and the vast majority of the time he gets it pretty close to being right.

being a manager of 22+ and you can only select half of these to start there will be some unhappy players / fans.

I will be very disappointed if AC does move on but we might need to shuffle the deck to improve.

I remember and I wish he wasn't. I get the selecting argument but Hill changes 4 or 5 every game, largely because he has no clue. However Andy doesn't get a look in in any of the mindless merry go round and whilst I hate to see him go I would be off too. Why stick around as an unused sub playing for a dictator that has lost the plot.
Adding to the rumours on 17:26 - Dec 25 with 1890 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Adding to the rumours on 12:07 - Dec 25 by DySporting

I know an Ipswich scout well and he's been scouting premier league u23 teams for loans. Im told Lambert though is struggling as the fees wanted for the loans are too much for their budget. He reckons there is zero cash available for transfers without selling first. He's not mentioned about AC or HM but it doesn't mean they aren't being watched or scouted
[Post edited 25 Dec 2018 22:09]

Will be interesting to see what pans out as your source sounds in fairness every bit as good (probably better) than mine! Can’t really see who Ipswich have who is worth decent money that could be on the way out either.

Guess time will tell and could well be agents are touting them around!

Adding to the rumours on 21:28 - Dec 25 with 1637 viewsonedalefan

With the way Hill picks the teams at moment, wouldn't be surprised if HM and AC were in the team tomorrow.
Adding to the rumours on 07:28 - Dec 26 with 1379 viewsColDale

Adding to the rumours on 11:37 - Dec 23 by Shun

If Cannon does leave, and for just £150K, while that fee is understandable given the circumstances, I think for me it’ll go down as one of Hill’s worst ever examples of management. How he’s wasted such a talent like Cannon is so frustrating.

Hill's track record would suggest he doesn't get many wrong. In fact, since he took charge of the club for the first time, how many could you say that he's got wrong? At a push, possibly Matty Pearson is the one player that Hill has allowed to go who has gone on to play at a higher level.

For me, it's no coincidence that the two rumoured to be off are the two who were out of contract in the Summer. I don't think any of us actually expected either to sign a new deal but both did and it would seem likely that we're getting a decent amount of money into the club that we wouldn't have done.

Mcgahey is replaceable in my book. He's got all the attributes needed to be a top class central defender, but he's never kicked on. There's a touch of the Nathan Stantons about him in terms of an over reliance on his pace, and there's plenty missing from his game. I'm not saying he's a poor player by any means but he needs to add dominance to his game. Technically, there's nothing that someone like a Peter Clarke can do that McGahey can't.

I'd imagine that nobody will be as frustated by Cannon as Hilly will be. We know he's got all the talent in the world but he's another who hasn't kicked on. There's times where he's been brilliant but others where he has flattered to deceive. I remember Scunny away this season, where Hill got booed when he took Cannon off but as a team we performed so much better after his withdrawal. 100% speculation on my part, but he doesn't strike me as being a learner and all the work that takes place Monday to Friday doesn't impact on the Saturday. Perhaps there's a touch of the Andrew Tuttes about him where others have more influence than the manager does.
Adding to the rumours on 07:52 - Dec 26 with 1356 viewsseasidedale

I mention previously about us not using the 5 defender wing back system earlier on. I can see us selling both Cannon and Harrison, not relacing them, then Hill deciding to go back to the wing back 5 defender system and we will be short!
Adding to the rumours on 08:25 - Dec 26 with 1324 viewsscarrow

There seems something in the Cannon rumours, as in they’ve made the ‘official’ press. The McGahey rumours seem to have been on the FL1 banter site which is 99% shite. I’m sure the likes of Camps have been rumoured to be moving regularly in the past on that site and nothings happened. I do reckon though there could be quite a few squad changes, there’s no point to the Norman (having 2 other keepers) or Clough (permanently injured) loans and unless Hart is injured the club might as well get rid if he is now completely out of favour. January could be interesting

Poll: Final position

Adding to the rumours on 08:36 - Dec 26 with 1309 viewssmaclad1

Adding to the rumours on 08:25 - Dec 26 by scarrow

There seems something in the Cannon rumours, as in they’ve made the ‘official’ press. The McGahey rumours seem to have been on the FL1 banter site which is 99% shite. I’m sure the likes of Camps have been rumoured to be moving regularly in the past on that site and nothings happened. I do reckon though there could be quite a few squad changes, there’s no point to the Norman (having 2 other keepers) or Clough (permanently injured) loans and unless Hart is injured the club might as well get rid if he is now completely out of favour. January could be interesting

But even the 'official' press need a source from somewhere, and if nothing is coming from 'official' sources and there is a need to come up with something to pay the bills, they will grasp at whatever sources come their way, be it messageboards, agents planting stories or something someone said in a pub.....or even something (at source) that someone in the know has leaked or gossiped out of a club. Unless you know the source and the motivation of that source, it's all meaningless speculation - albeit speculation that is all part of the 'fun' of a forthcoming transfer window.

"Believe what you want" is, I believe, a term with some precedence on this board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024