Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 years ago today 12:07 - Dec 26 with 2548 viewsdeeplishblue

Rochdale 2 Wrexham 2

This game will always stick in my mind - Because I missed it due to not knowing it was a 12:00 kick off. I was fully intending to go to the game, when I put the radio on and heard that we were losing 2 nil. 2 goals from Lee mcevily secured the first point for dale's caretaker manager Keith Hill.

I think that this was an important game in our history. The confidence boost given by the comeback must have helped in the following games 2 four nil victories over Boston and Grimsby where we saw the genesis of the no fear football that we were treated to over the next 4 years.

Hopefully Keith can find him mojo again because the performances that we have had to endure at spotland over the last 12 months have almost wiped away the memories of the early years.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

12 years ago today on 12:15 - Dec 26 with 2503 viewsD_Alien

Ditto - logged on to check our line up at 2pm...

12 years and only 2 finishes in the lower half of the table, hence why the expectations of a whole generation of fans has been raised

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

12 years ago today on 12:17 - Dec 26 with 2495 viewsEllDale

Jeez is it 12 years ago? I think that it was a surprise to see Evil starting but he did the business.
Seem to remember John Doolan having a stormer in the second half.
I think that HIll's first game had been at MK Dons on the Saturday before Christmas where we lost to a Nathan Stanton own goal in the last minute.
12 years ago today on 12:27 - Dec 26 with 2460 views442Dale

McEvilly did start... for Wrexham. He scored their first.

Murray and Doolan got our goals.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

12 years ago today on 12:37 - Dec 26 with 2436 viewsEllDale

I knew that Evil had started for them. His first goal at the Pearl Street End shut the crowd up. I don't think I can remember it being as quiet for a few minutes afterwards.
I know that there were one or two muttered comments about him playing for them when we had had to put up with Keith Barker for the previous month.
12 years ago today on 12:42 - Dec 26 with 2422 viewsSaxonDale

Remember the post match thread titled ‘That rules Hill out then’. Think it was the last 30 minutes which really showed the beginning of ‘No fear’ football, arguably my favourite 5 months supporting the club.
12 years ago today on 12:44 - Dec 26 with 2413 viewsEllDale

That when we always played with wingers.
Ben Muirhead and Rory Prendargast were signed and Rundle allowed to play with freedom.
Alfie arrived on loan as well. Happy days.
12 years ago today on 13:18 - Dec 26 with 2338 viewsisitme

12 years ago today on 12:44 - Dec 26 by EllDale

That when we always played with wingers.
Ben Muirhead and Rory Prendargast were signed and Rundle allowed to play with freedom.
Alfie arrived on loan as well. Happy days.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment football has moved on. League Two of today is of a much higher standard than that of 12 years ago and as for League One that's a different gulf in class entirely. Apart from the very best teams playing with two proper wingers and two up top would leave a team likely to be cut open.
12 years ago today on 13:31 - Dec 26 with 2310 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, what a goal from boxer Doolan...

[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 13:33]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

12 years ago today on 13:37 - Dec 26 with 2292 viewsdeeplishblue

12 years ago today on 12:27 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

McEvilly did start... for Wrexham. He scored their first.

Murray and Doolan got our goals.

Well I did say that I missed it !

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024