Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman Presentation 21:15 - Dec 28 with 13865 viewsjudd

Apologies if posted earlier but there will be a presentation to Chris Dunphy at 2:45 on the pitch tomorrow.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman Presentation on 21:55 - Jan 2 with 2481 viewsfitzochris

Chairman Presentation on 21:53 - Jan 2 by rafc1977

Am I alone in thinking with "things starting to creep out of the woodwork" this muted fans forum won't go ahead?

Let's face it some posters on here clearly in the know and close to the truth are exactly the people the new chair or hilly for that matter will want sat in front of them and putting them on the spot.

I know one thing, if it does go ahead it'll be not to be missed!

It absolutely needs to go ahead. If they cancel this they will lose what little support they have remaining.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Chairman Presentation on 21:57 - Jan 2 with 2455 viewsjudd

Chairman Presentation on 21:53 - Jan 2 by rafc1977

Am I alone in thinking with "things starting to creep out of the woodwork" this muted fans forum won't go ahead?

Let's face it some posters on here clearly in the know and close to the truth are exactly the people the new chair or hilly for that matter will want sat in front of them and putting them on the spot.

I know one thing, if it does go ahead it'll be not to be missed!

Well I have a feeling that it will be postponed, possibly at the request of those mentioned...

Chairman Presentation on 22:00 - Jan 2 with 2416 viewsMoonyDale

Chairman Presentation on 21:57 - Jan 2 by judd

Well I have a feeling that it will be postponed, possibly at the request of those mentioned...

If this were happening at Giggle Lane we would be wetting ourselves with glee, if it gets postponed there's not much we can do though...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Chairman Presentation on 22:06 - Jan 2 with 2346 viewsrafc1977

Chairman Presentation on 22:00 - Jan 2 by MoonyDale

If this were happening at Giggle Lane we would be wetting ourselves with glee, if it gets postponed there's not much we can do though...

I couldn't really give a shit about Bury it any other club for that matter, I'm only interested in Dale. I do have opinions on other clubs and the constant shenanigans (of which our local neighbours happen to have in abundance)

But your 150% spot on MD we've spouted for years the holier than thou and now the safe pair of hands have gone.....and if rumour is true the new incumbent hasn't exactly covered himself in glory......how we are now giving others a soap opera to watch!
Chairman Presentation on 22:24 - Jan 2 with 2263 viewsShun

When is the forum? Can anyone attend? Do you have to book in advance or anything?
Chairman Presentation on 22:29 - Jan 2 with 2227 viewsjudd

Chairman Presentation on 22:24 - Jan 2 by Shun

When is the forum? Can anyone attend? Do you have to book in advance or anything?

I believe it's 14th January and at the moment anyone can attend, and in terms of booking in advance, if you're married you can never, ever give enough notice of going.

Chairman Presentation on 22:39 - Jan 2 with 2175 viewsJames1980

Chairman Presentation on 22:29 - Jan 2 by judd

I believe it's 14th January and at the moment anyone can attend, and in terms of booking in advance, if you're married you can never, ever give enough notice of going.

Could easily go into the meeting on the back of 5 straight defeats including being out of the Checkatrade.
Alternatively Hill might pull one of his rabbits out of a cap and 3 straight wins including knocking out MCU21s and the football press purring about our awesome youth players. Ah the current life of being a Dale fan not knowing if you're getting a metaphorical nice shiny present or a metaphorical kick in the teeth.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chairman Presentation on 22:41 - Jan 2 with 2154 viewsjudd

Chairman Presentation on 22:39 - Jan 2 by James1980

Could easily go into the meeting on the back of 5 straight defeats including being out of the Checkatrade.
Alternatively Hill might pull one of his rabbits out of a cap and 3 straight wins including knocking out MCU21s and the football press purring about our awesome youth players. Ah the current life of being a Dale fan not knowing if you're getting a metaphorical nice shiny present or a metaphorical kick in the teeth.

Can I have the number of your dealer please

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman Presentation on 22:48 - Jan 2 with 2121 viewsJames1980

Chairman Presentation on 22:41 - Jan 2 by judd

Can I have the number of your dealer please

Based on what has happened over the last few years there is every possibility KH could make some audacious head scratching selection/formation/changing the position of a player. That actually this time leads to an upturn in results.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chairman Presentation on 22:56 - Jan 2 with 2090 viewsColDale

Chairman Presentation on 22:24 - Jan 2 by Shun

The forum is Monday 14th January and has actually been arranged at the request of the board. It had been arranged as the traditional meeting with the directors where fans send their questions but it is the Board insistent on an open and public forum. Assumed it's upstairs in the Main lounge but can't remember starting time but will double check and post tomorrow.
Chairman Presentation on 09:24 - Jan 3 with 1837 viewssmaclad1

Chairman Presentation on 22:56 - Jan 2 by ColDale

The forum is Monday 14th January and has actually been arranged at the request of the board. It had been arranged as the traditional meeting with the directors where fans send their questions but it is the Board insistent on an open and public forum. Assumed it's upstairs in the Main lounge but can't remember starting time but will double check and post tomorrow.

But, and it's a big but, will those who claim to be in the know be in the front row (or indeed any row) to ask the sort of questions that their claims would seem to suggest need asking. Not everyone who attends will be of a like mind - if my son attends he'd most likely be asking about hot dogs, the inability to pay by card at the kiosks and why we always get blind referees. Seem to recall a CD story about being accosted in the pub about pie quality around the time of one promotion.
Chairman Presentation on 10:58 - Jan 3 with 1708 viewsMoonyDale

Chairman Presentation on 09:24 - Jan 3 by smaclad1

But, and it's a big but, will those who claim to be in the know be in the front row (or indeed any row) to ask the sort of questions that their claims would seem to suggest need asking. Not everyone who attends will be of a like mind - if my son attends he'd most likely be asking about hot dogs, the inability to pay by card at the kiosks and why we always get blind referees. Seem to recall a CD story about being accosted in the pub about pie quality around the time of one promotion.

I usually attend all the fans forums and the usual questions get asked, kiosks and catering, injuries, transfers, more mundane enquiries about all sorts of stuff. The most awkward question I have heard was asked about the feeling on the terraces about an apparent lack of ambition from the club and settling for what we had at the time, it was added that this was not aimed at the manager. This did not go down well at the top table but it was noted that Hilly fielded thst question himself and a comment from one board member that we couldn't cope if we were to gain promotion because we didnt have the infrastructure in place ..... The point being that if really difficult questions are asked doesn't mean the answer will be forthcoming or indeed the question even acknowledged........

Chairman Presentation on 11:51 - Jan 3 with 1575 viewsD_Alien

Chairman Presentation on 10:58 - Jan 3 by MoonyDale

I usually attend all the fans forums and the usual questions get asked, kiosks and catering, injuries, transfers, more mundane enquiries about all sorts of stuff. The most awkward question I have heard was asked about the feeling on the terraces about an apparent lack of ambition from the club and settling for what we had at the time, it was added that this was not aimed at the manager. This did not go down well at the top table but it was noted that Hilly fielded thst question himself and a comment from one board member that we couldn't cope if we were to gain promotion because we didnt have the infrastructure in place ..... The point being that if really difficult questions are asked doesn't mean the answer will be forthcoming or indeed the question even acknowledged........

It's true about the type of questions asked. The problem with awkward questions is that the questioner not only has to be prepared with a follow-up if the question is fielded defensively, but also be prepared to face what (in the past, at least) has been a majority in the room who will react badly to it. The general atmosphere tends be one of bowing and scraping, caps doffed, etc. Maybe it'll be different this time?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman Presentation on 12:04 - Jan 3 with 1526 viewsDaleiLama

Chairman Presentation on 11:51 - Jan 3 by D_Alien

It's true about the type of questions asked. The problem with awkward questions is that the questioner not only has to be prepared with a follow-up if the question is fielded defensively, but also be prepared to face what (in the past, at least) has been a majority in the room who will react badly to it. The general atmosphere tends be one of bowing and scraping, caps doffed, etc. Maybe it'll be different this time?

Could/would the trust be prepared to ask questions on behalf of fans? That would preserve any fans anonymity, ensure those unable to attend have a voice and avoid duplication. I guess a lot of questions will be around similar themes too, so they could be "grouped" accordingly. Might help with the general flow of proceedings too. I seem to vaguely remember this being done last time?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chairman Presentation on 12:54 - Jan 3 with 1427 viewsMoonyDale

Chairman Presentation on 11:51 - Jan 3 by D_Alien

I agree and you could feel the mood change when the question was asked, it was me who asked it though and i was prepared for exactly that reaction and wasn't in the slightest bothered by it. Strangely though Dave beat a hasty retreat and came nowhere near me with the microphone after that, any fan that asks one awkward question won't usually get to ask a second....Will be interesting to see and hear what happens on the 14th...

Chairman Presentation on 13:42 - Jan 3 with 1338 viewsD_Alien

Chairman Presentation on 12:04 - Jan 3 by DaleiLama

Could/would the trust be prepared to ask questions on behalf of fans? That would preserve any fans anonymity, ensure those unable to attend have a voice and avoid duplication. I guess a lot of questions will be around similar themes too, so they could be "grouped" accordingly. Might help with the general flow of proceedings too. I seem to vaguely remember this being done last time?

It's not a bad idea, but i feel it's important for everyone to "see the whites of people's eyes" when questions are being asked. Anonymous questions would be asked in too neutral a way and could be too easily dealt with in a way that satisfied nobody

If someone has a topic they're really interested to air, they should be able to stand up and face the response, when tone of voice and demeanour are important too

Chairman Presentation on 13:47 - Jan 3 with 1309 viewscadmonkey

Chairman Presentation on 13:42 - Jan 3 by D_Alien

It's not a bad idea, but i feel it's important for everyone to "see the whites of people's eyes" when questions are being asked. Anonymous questions would be asked in too neutral a way and could be too easily dealt with in a way that satisfied nobody

If someone has a topic they're really interested to air, they should be able to stand up and face the response, when tone of voice and demeanour are important too

Not sure everyone has the confidence to speak up in front of a crowd of people though.

I know I don't.
Chairman Presentation on 13:53 - Jan 3 with 1277 viewsD_Alien

Chairman Presentation on 13:47 - Jan 3 by cadmonkey

Not sure everyone has the confidence to speak up in front of a crowd of people though.

I know I don't.

It's a fair point, and as alluded to earlier, there is the potential for the room to turn against the questioner

Perhaps there might be value in having a mix of prepared questions and open forum-type questions. What would be annoying is having the opportunity that the fans forum affords and it just to pass by without anything really being aired

Chairman Presentation on 14:12 - Jan 3 with 1235 viewsrochdale_ranger

Chairman Presentation on 13:53 - Jan 3 by D_Alien

It's a fair point, and as alluded to earlier, there is the potential for the room to turn against the questioner

Perhaps there might be value in having a mix of prepared questions and open forum-type questions. What would be annoying is having the opportunity that the fans forum affords and it just to pass by without anything really being aired

But surely most of what has been said on here wont be up for discussion/comment as it regards employees and will come under confidentiality rules?
Chairman Presentation on 14:20 - Jan 3 with 1209 viewsDaleiLama

Chairman Presentation on 13:53 - Jan 3 by D_Alien

And the points you made earlier were fair too and I see the value in that.

The types of things I was wondering about were along the lines of "A question sent in by 58 Dale fans ……… why are Dale so sh1te at defending set pieces and have so few wins at home". OGS has publicly dealt with the former recently so why should KH not?

There is also potentially a fine line in such interactions between asking nothing challenging and going OTT and a panellist taking their ball home. Clearly a public forum is not the place to air private grievances, but if questions are asked via the trust, they can be broached in a way that should get responses on big issues without too many toys thrown out of prams. That's all really.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chairman Presentation on 14:32 - Jan 3 with 1173 viewsnicknick

Chairman Presentation on 14:20 - Jan 3 by DaleiLama

And the points you made earlier were fair too and I see the value in that.

The types of things I was wondering about were along the lines of "A question sent in by 58 Dale fans ……… why are Dale so sh1te at defending set pieces and have so few wins at home". OGS has publicly dealt with the former recently so why should KH not?

There is also potentially a fine line in such interactions between asking nothing challenging and going OTT and a panellist taking their ball home. Clearly a public forum is not the place to air private grievances, but if questions are asked via the trust, they can be broached in a way that should get responses on big issues without too many toys thrown out of prams. That's all really.

I for 1 would not be comfortable raising my points as I know too many people within the club. I would be alienated at games and that would make my experience even worse than watching the dross at the moment.
Chairman Presentation on 15:08 - Jan 3 with 1094 viewsD_Alien

Chairman Presentation on 14:32 - Jan 3 by nicknick

I for 1 would not be comfortable raising my points as I know too many people within the club. I would be alienated at games and that would make my experience even worse than watching the dross at the moment.

Can fully understand that

I guess it's about trying to achieve the right balance between having a non-event, being fair to all concerned, including of course, those who work in any capacity within the club; and fans feeling they've had a full and reasonable opportunity for their concerns (or indeed praise) to be listened to and a response which allows everyone to move on

That's why it's important to have this discussion now, so any relevant points can be taken on board. It's no use just going into it blindly, or feeling that it's going to be a whitewash

Chairman Presentation on 15:18 - Jan 3 with 1056 viewssmaclad1

Chairman Presentation on 14:32 - Jan 3 by nicknick

On this thread you have confirmed that your name is Nick, that you have a season ticket, that you sit in front of the away Directors, that you DJ at the Ratcliffe with Sweetmore - and you've told us that is enough to work out your full name. Not entirely sure that standing up at a forum and repeating what you've claimed on this board could alienate you more than what you have achieved yourself - that's if anyone at the club is actually bothered.

Right - that's one ITK'er down for the fans forum. Who's the next ITKer to duck it?
Chairman Presentation on 15:21 - Jan 3 with 1035 viewsnicknick

Chairman Presentation on 15:18 - Jan 3 by smaclad1

On this thread you have confirmed that your name is Nick, that you have a season ticket, that you sit in front of the away Directors, that you DJ at the Ratcliffe with Sweetmore - and you've told us that is enough to work out your full name. Not entirely sure that standing up at a forum and repeating what you've claimed on this board could alienate you more than what you have achieved yourself - that's if anyone at the club is actually bothered.

Right - that's one ITK'er down for the fans forum. Who's the next ITKer to duck it?

forgive my ignorance... ITK'er???
Chairman Presentation on 15:24 - Jan 3 with 1024 viewsMoonyDale

Chairman Presentation on 15:21 - Jan 3 by nicknick

forgive my ignorance... ITK'er???

In the know er.......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024