Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calm heads - Support in Adversity 08:38 - Jan 7 with 8804 viewsaleanddale

Well the wheels are off that's for sure.

quite how we can play 3 games 0-13 after back to back wins is a mystery but that's exactly where we are at.

My own slant is booing during a game is out of order. Boo at full time should you feel the need but It looks like the players need our support more than ever. We must be the most battle hardened fans out of 92 clubs so lets start to show it.

I don't know what it is but I am prepared to give Hilly this window and th remainder of the season to show he still loves the Dale - loves his job and can once again get the players to run through walls for the club.

More of the same ( last 3 games ) and we might not get 40 points!!

Come on Hilly! Come on all the supporters. We have had it much more difficult in the past lets show the club that when the chips are down and the clouds are darkest it is us the fans that are the shining light that will never give up on this wonderful football club.

Up the Dale.
Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 09:26 - Jan 7 with 5885 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 09:57 - Jan 7 with 5810 viewsfrenzied

Well said that man

Some fans will even boo them on to the pitch before we even kick off at this rate!!
Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 10:13 - Jan 7 with 5761 viewsJimmyRustler

At this point, the club and more specifically, KH have to earn my support. I'm not necessarily talking about an upturn in results either; I just want some indication that things are changing for the better or at the very least, attempts are being made to rectify past mistakes.

Happyclappers who bury their head in the sand and wait for everything to wash over as just as bad as those who overly castigate (not aiming this at anyone in particular). I suppose it all boils down to how much the board want us to stay in League 1. For me, this is what needs to happen from now until the end of the season in order to keep me (or get me back) onside.

HM must be replaced because a CB pairing of McNulty and Delaney fills me with dread.

If fit and available, Henderson must play the remaining games up front. I know I bang this drum more than anyone else but it really is my bug bear.

The signing of an midfield enforcer who can take games by the scruff of the neck. Now that Perkins has gone (who was meant to be that player albeit in a reduced capacity), we should have some wages free to get someone in who is at least somewhat competent.

A week or so ago, I would have said a GK but with Norman extending his loan, it seems that KH is happy with what he's got. I still hope we try and bring someone in but I'm not holding my breath.

A return to a familiar formation and structure in which we try and replicate the kind of attacking football which KH prides himself on.

Square f#cking pegs in square f#cking holes. Please.

Some indication that the set piece vulnerabilities are being worked on in training. If the players don't get it or simply aren't good enough to play to instruction then find some that are. I'm not expecting miracles, I'm just sick of seeing us concede soft goals in and around our box. It has to stop.

These things can only happen if there is an admission on KH's part that he's been getting things badly wrong for a while now. If he can acknowledge this and at least make some sort of genuine attempt to put it right then the relationships between himself, the club and the fans can be mended. If not then it's gonna be a sticky few months for the club which will only end badly.
Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 10:40 - Jan 7 with 5685 viewsDale27

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 10:13 - Jan 7 by JimmyRustler

At this point, the club and more specifically, KH have to earn my support. I'm not necessarily talking about an upturn in results either; I just want some indication that things are changing for the better or at the very least, attempts are being made to rectify past mistakes.

Happyclappers who bury their head in the sand and wait for everything to wash over as just as bad as those who overly castigate (not aiming this at anyone in particular). I suppose it all boils down to how much the board want us to stay in League 1. For me, this is what needs to happen from now until the end of the season in order to keep me (or get me back) onside.

HM must be replaced because a CB pairing of McNulty and Delaney fills me with dread.

If fit and available, Henderson must play the remaining games up front. I know I bang this drum more than anyone else but it really is my bug bear.

The signing of an midfield enforcer who can take games by the scruff of the neck. Now that Perkins has gone (who was meant to be that player albeit in a reduced capacity), we should have some wages free to get someone in who is at least somewhat competent.

A week or so ago, I would have said a GK but with Norman extending his loan, it seems that KH is happy with what he's got. I still hope we try and bring someone in but I'm not holding my breath.

A return to a familiar formation and structure in which we try and replicate the kind of attacking football which KH prides himself on.

Square f#cking pegs in square f#cking holes. Please.

Some indication that the set piece vulnerabilities are being worked on in training. If the players don't get it or simply aren't good enough to play to instruction then find some that are. I'm not expecting miracles, I'm just sick of seeing us concede soft goals in and around our box. It has to stop.

These things can only happen if there is an admission on KH's part that he's been getting things badly wrong for a while now. If he can acknowledge this and at least make some sort of genuine attempt to put it right then the relationships between himself, the club and the fans can be mended. If not then it's gonna be a sticky few months for the club which will only end badly.

When will Northern Rail return to a familiar structure?
Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 13:45 - Jan 7 with 5372 viewsChaffRAFC

I made the mistake of starting to watch the Sunderland Documentary on Netflix. A very good series but what came from it, for me at least, was that we absolutely have to get behind the team. Whether you want Keith Hill gone or you want him to stay, we have to get behind the team as much as possible. If our efforts are rewarded then brilliant, if not, then we act.

And that's a two way thing as well, the club and the manager have to realize the situation we are in and also the feeling among the fanbase. Both the club and the manager are guilty of not being sensitive to the feeling among the Dale fans. Subtle little things can become big things in situations like this. Take the Magnus Norman loan extending story by example on the official site. Yes, it may seem petty but the use of the word "delighted" only served to anger supporters and it let to a tweet that ended up exploding into an absolute barrage of hate towards the lad. It was avoidable if the club hadn't gone over the top and said "we are delighted to announce that Magnus Norman has signed an extension to his current loan deal" and instead used just a basic confirmation. The club basically added fuel to the fire. It acted as the club and manager sticking two fingers up at the supporters.

Directors giving us lip service that problems are being sorted that aren't needs to stop. Like the rubbish not being cleared. Get it sorted out and stop giving the supporters the ammo. The board have the massive responsibility of steering this ship away from the iceberg while Hill is captain of the ship and we're the band that will go down with the ship regardless.

Another idea was one James1980 alluded to and that's that the latest Hill interview came across as an honest assessment to most fans, why not make those and any positive interviews he does as a Freeview interview so that everyone can see the manager come across in a positive manner.

What we're enduring at the moment is absolute dogshit, we all know that. My own views are that Keith Hill, while not admitting to and learn from his mistakes, his really stupid and obvious mistakes, will ultimately end up destroying his own legacy but in being the best manager we've ever had, should get till the end of the season to try and turn it round. I doubt a manager coming in now will be able to assess the squad and bring in suitable replacements in this window and then there's the little issue of paying for this.

The forum will be interesting as it gives supporters and board members the opportunity to air any issues and get them ironed out and hopefully we'll walk away from it feeling a bit more reassured or at least in the mind frame to pull together and sort this out.

I'm as fed up as the next supporter with all this rubbish but if I can play a part by getting behind the team on match days then it's something we must all do in my book.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 13:50 - Jan 7 with 5349 viewsborntogo

The club has all my support for ever and ever. Keith Hill does not. We have barely seen a shred of improvement in player recruitment, tactics, team selection and his overall manner in 18 months.

That's way more than enough time, even considering the sterling work he did to secure two promotions for the club, back in the day. We don't owe him for the rest of our born days!

We all need to let go of this talismanic belief in Hill and the fear of change, move on. Sure, we have an inglorious past and the two managers between Hill leaving and coming back failed, but that has no bearing on today and tomorrow. The next incumbent(s) may well do brilliantly or at least provide a few enjoyable performances (remember them?).

And to hell with this negativity about who would want to replace him. We're not the 10-bob club of the 1970s any more. We are well up the football pyramid and a thoroughly professional set-up. The queue will be long.

This is a calm head, showing support and the way forward in adversity.
Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 13:57 - Jan 7 with 5312 viewsfitzochris

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 13:50 - Jan 7 by borntogo

The club has all my support for ever and ever. Keith Hill does not. We have barely seen a shred of improvement in player recruitment, tactics, team selection and his overall manner in 18 months.

That's way more than enough time, even considering the sterling work he did to secure two promotions for the club, back in the day. We don't owe him for the rest of our born days!

We all need to let go of this talismanic belief in Hill and the fear of change, move on. Sure, we have an inglorious past and the two managers between Hill leaving and coming back failed, but that has no bearing on today and tomorrow. The next incumbent(s) may well do brilliantly or at least provide a few enjoyable performances (remember them?).

And to hell with this negativity about who would want to replace him. We're not the 10-bob club of the 1970s any more. We are well up the football pyramid and a thoroughly professional set-up. The queue will be long.

This is a calm head, showing support and the way forward in adversity.

I don't think Chaff is disputing that line of reasoning but more calling for people at the games to get behind the team.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 14:06 - Jan 7 with 5282 viewsaleanddale

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 13:57 - Jan 7 by fitzochris

I don't think Chaff is disputing that line of reasoning but more calling for people at the games to get behind the team.

Exactly,

Whilst short in numbers lets at least show the players and KH that we really are the best fans around.

I am not a blind man, Summats up that much is crystal clear, I don't know what but negativity before the final whistle on a match day does no good whatsoever.

Saturday could be carnage.... free flow in attack Posh v a nervous Dale is stuff of nightmares. It could result in another heavy defeat but its vital IMO that we get some fan commitment to support during the 90 minutes v Fleetwood on the 19th.

Up the Dale.
Login to get fewer ads

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 14:36 - Jan 7 with 5188 viewssweetcorn

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 14:06 - Jan 7 by aleanddale

Exactly,

Whilst short in numbers lets at least show the players and KH that we really are the best fans around.

I am not a blind man, Summats up that much is crystal clear, I don't know what but negativity before the final whistle on a match day does no good whatsoever.

Saturday could be carnage.... free flow in attack Posh v a nervous Dale is stuff of nightmares. It could result in another heavy defeat but its vital IMO that we get some fan commitment to support during the 90 minutes v Fleetwood on the 19th.

Up the Dale.

I expect another 4 goals being shipped in tbb

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 14:50 - Jan 7 with 5142 viewsdawlishdale

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 14:06 - Jan 7 by aleanddale

Exactly,

Up the Dale.

Agree in theory that we should give the players our 100% support during games. However, for almost the first time during Hill's tenure as Manager, there were a few boo's and some choice advice at the half time whistle on Saturday, to which Hill responded with some very aggressive language aimed at supporters.

The boo's at half time were a result of several things...

One of the worst first half performances I can ever remember. Worse than the Barrow era, which in itself was bad, and far worse than Eyre and Coleman.
The feeling that none of the players were trying, or even wanted to be on the pitch at times.
The selling of our best defender and one of the most promising midfield players in the days before the game, plus sending back Hart who was genuinely the best fullback we've had for years, whilst persevering with a fullback who couldn't stop a four year old getting past him.
An almost universal feeling amongst the fanbase that the new CEO isn't to be trusted following his recent meeting with the Trust Chairman, when lots of answers contradict the evidence.
A continued smugness coming from certain Directors. Humble pie and apologies should be forthcoming..

Were the fans who chose to boo correct? Whilst I didn't boo, I was genuinely upset at how things panned out in the first half, and can fully understand why it happened. it made it ten times worse that the Manager chose to react how he did.

The players will always have my support, but for goodness sake...let's put up some fight, show a bit of desire and at least field the strongest team we can. Hills selections recently have been appalling.

At the moment, the whole club is just providing ammo to anyone who wants to have a pop at them. I feel genuinely sorry for the New Chairman, who has a huge task, but one that has been coming for a long time, based on bad business decisions taken over the past few years, for which the past Board has to take collective responsibility for, and the new Board has to work damned hard to repair.
Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 14:56 - Jan 7 with 5128 viewsDaleiLama

My thoughts for what they are worth ……….

I posted after playing the Tykes on non-boxing Boxing Day that it would be an almighty job to get the players up after that trouncing, then Donny went one better. Walking up to the stadium on Saturday, I was asked for a match prediction. Some on here suggested there could be a reaction to two heavy defeats and I said I thought it would be one of two scenarios - we either come out fighting, screaming and kicking and play a game for the ages or we would suffer another heavy defeat and our confidence, already at rock bottom, would take another hit. We all now know it was the worst case scenario.

I stayed off here all weekend because I know how toxic and febrile the atmosphere can easily become. I'm not a happy clapper - I'm a realist but I can see some things. We have put in three absolutely dire performances in which we were schooled in how to win in L1. Like most fans of a club I love, I hate that. I also watched Keith's post-match interview, which I rarely do, but these are extreme times and I am fascinated by the psychology of the management process. I thought it was honest and realistic. Others will disagree. It’s all opinion anyway.

Here's what I took from it. This is about the toughest situation Keith's been in and he's struggling. His clapping of the players at HT was to show he was behind them and to try to lead by example. The booing pushed him over the edge and as an emotional bloke, he snapped temporarily. I have never seen him more vocal, more supportive, trying to give more direction from the side-line ever than during that match. Had he have been able to go on I’m sure he would. He is right that the players are rock bottom and can't make a decision to save their lives. They stand like statues to defend corners. They don't make themselves available at throw-ins, when pushing forward - they are rooted to the spot all too often and play the safe square ball because their confidence is shot to pieces.

Take a look at this and see what free flowing forward-thinking passing football looks like, with good finishing as a nice added bonus. That’s us earlier this season. That’s what we all want back.

So to the booing. I know that in most jobs, booing is totally inappropriate, but everyone who has booed the Dale, ask yourself if you were at work and someone booed you, would that make you perform better or worse. I would suggest that less than 1 in 10 would perform better as a result. It isn’t that the players don’t want to perform better, or the manager for that matter, it’s that they can’t at the moment. I’ve seen people say Hilly is mailing it in. Can the naysayers not see he’s hurting? Wasn’t his outburst at HT a manifestation of that hurt and an expression of how much he cares? I get it. Some people don’t like Mr Marmite. There are aspects of him that don’t endear him to me either. But you can’t just have the good bits, you have to have him warts and all. Some (maybe even many now) want to see the back of him. I am not suggesting to anyone how to be a fan and who to like or dislike, but again, do you think booing will push us up or down the table? Honestly? Many are booing at Hill, but the players don’t know that do they?

We also have a BoD who are fans and put their own money into Dale. A lot more money than we do as fans. Do you think they are happy? That they have less at stake (a lot more in fact)? It is they who will make a decision on the future of KH, not any of us, so no amount of booing will get rid of him, no matter how much any fan hates him.

Here we are, deep in the sh1t and playing like sh1t. If you have a beef about Keef, go to the Fans forum. Tell the BoD and ask them what they are going to do about it. He won’t even be there so it will be a free hit (to use one of his own expressions). But Aleanddale and Chaff have hit the nail on the head for me. This club doesn’t need people piling on to rescue it. Target your venom and hatred to the Board if it helps you to sleep at night, but ffs, the manager and the team don’t need the fans to fight as well. We can’t even handle 11 opponents if the evidence of the last three outings is owt to go by. Without the backing of the fans, we WILL end up in L2. Don’t know many who want that.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 16:21]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:05 - Jan 7 with 5101 viewsrochdaleriddler

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 14:50 - Jan 7 by dawlishdale

Agree in theory that we should give the players our 100% support during games. However, for almost the first time during Hill's tenure as Manager, there were a few boo's and some choice advice at the half time whistle on Saturday, to which Hill responded with some very aggressive language aimed at supporters.

The boo's at half time were a result of several things...

One of the worst first half performances I can ever remember. Worse than the Barrow era, which in itself was bad, and far worse than Eyre and Coleman.
The feeling that none of the players were trying, or even wanted to be on the pitch at times.
The selling of our best defender and one of the most promising midfield players in the days before the game, plus sending back Hart who was genuinely the best fullback we've had for years, whilst persevering with a fullback who couldn't stop a four year old getting past him.
An almost universal feeling amongst the fanbase that the new CEO isn't to be trusted following his recent meeting with the Trust Chairman, when lots of answers contradict the evidence.
A continued smugness coming from certain Directors. Humble pie and apologies should be forthcoming..

Were the fans who chose to boo correct? Whilst I didn't boo, I was genuinely upset at how things panned out in the first half, and can fully understand why it happened. it made it ten times worse that the Manager chose to react how he did.

The players will always have my support, but for goodness sake...let's put up some fight, show a bit of desire and at least field the strongest team we can. Hills selections recently have been appalling.

At the moment, the whole club is just providing ammo to anyone who wants to have a pop at them. I feel genuinely sorry for the New Chairman, who has a huge task, but one that has been coming for a long time, based on bad business decisions taken over the past few years, for which the past Board has to take collective responsibility for, and the new Board has to work damned hard to repair.

Well said, I haven’t booed anyone, but for 2nd game running left after the 3rd goal. If I was in the main stand I doubt I could have resisted the temptation to tell Hill my views. I can’t see this run ending without a radical change , whether that is new players or a new manager is up to the board . But changes are needed now

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:06 - Jan 7 with 5095 viewsDaleiLama

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:05 - Jan 7 by rochdaleriddler

Well said, I haven’t booed anyone, but for 2nd game running left after the 3rd goal. If I was in the main stand I doubt I could have resisted the temptation to tell Hill my views. I can’t see this run ending without a radical change , whether that is new players or a new manager is up to the board . But changes are needed now

Changes have been needed for some time now.

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:16 - Jan 7 with 5063 viewsWill_RAFC

If Keith hadn't spent a significant amount of his post match interviews criticising the fanbase, perhaps we would be a bit more sympathetic to the current situation. He got away with it when the results were good, he can't call for unity now when he seemed to actively create an us against the world mentality that excluded us.

I am guilty of not being supportive as I can and I tend to agree we should support for the 90 minutes. I've been lucky enough to do a few European matches over the last few years. They really put us (English fans in general) to shame. Just before Christmas I went to watch Frankfurt v Wolfsburg, Frankfurt unexpectedly lost and hadn't really played well. The team approached the fans at the end and stood there as they received a 10 minute standing ovation. A bit different to just Joe Rafferty having the guts to applaud the few left in the Pearl Street on Saturday. On the flip side, a few months earlier I went to Bayer Leverkusen, who were again entirely supportive during the 90 minutes, but at full time gave the players and management both barrels! They all stood there and took it, with some even going into the crowd to talk to the fans. Imagine that at Spotland!
Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:37 - Jan 7 with 4986 viewsDaleiLama

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:16 - Jan 7 by Will_RAFC

If Keith hadn't spent a significant amount of his post match interviews criticising the fanbase, perhaps we would be a bit more sympathetic to the current situation. He got away with it when the results were good, he can't call for unity now when he seemed to actively create an us against the world mentality that excluded us.

I am guilty of not being supportive as I can and I tend to agree we should support for the 90 minutes. I've been lucky enough to do a few European matches over the last few years. They really put us (English fans in general) to shame. Just before Christmas I went to watch Frankfurt v Wolfsburg, Frankfurt unexpectedly lost and hadn't really played well. The team approached the fans at the end and stood there as they received a 10 minute standing ovation. A bit different to just Joe Rafferty having the guts to applaud the few left in the Pearl Street on Saturday. On the flip side, a few months earlier I went to Bayer Leverkusen, who were again entirely supportive during the 90 minutes, but at full time gave the players and management both barrels! They all stood there and took it, with some even going into the crowd to talk to the fans. Imagine that at Spotland!

I completely understand your point in your first paragraph Will. He has made a rod for his own back. There are lessons for absolutely everyone in this season. Goodwill is important. It MATTERS. The club and manager would be VERY well advised to note these facts. (Sorry, no more capitals in any more posts). Just had a gradely brew and feel a lot more chilled.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 15:46]

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:44 - Jan 7 with 4957 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

The vast majority of the booing on Saturday was aimed at Hill. Unfortunately if it is happening during the game, then players would not be able to tell who it was aimed at. The way things were going many could be forgiven it was aimed at them.

Bottomley saying the moral in the dressing room is sky high was an enormous error on his part. It is blatantly obvious it is the complete opposite. Until the club stops treating supporters as mugs who know nothing, then the atmosphere will remain pretty toxic.

After the game I was leaving the ground looking and listening to fans and it was noticeable how quiet everyone was, as if they had been stunned into silence by what they had all just witnessed. I listened to Hill`s interview after the game and he handled it well, considering how much he must have been hurting inside and I have a feeling this is rock bottom and it won`t get any worse. I hope I`m right, because if this is the way its all going to end, then it would be an incredible shame to leave the club in such a manner after all the good times he has brought.

I can only hope we can bring in a new solid spine to the team during the transfer window. An experienced CH (which we already have but is out of favor) a ball winning captain in the centre of midfield and a goalscorer to take the pressure off Hendo. These three are needed at the very least and without them, I can only see one outcome, relegation.
Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:45 - Jan 7 with 4954 viewsJames1980

Would an apology for criticism of fans be a good gesture from KH.

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:52 - Jan 7 with 4911 viewsSuddenLad

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:16 - Jan 7 by Will_RAFC

Never in my life have I turned up at a football match, either wanting or expecting players to applaud me for doing so.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 16:45 - Jan 7 with 4774 viewsChaffRAFC

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:44 - Jan 7 by RooleyMoorBlue

The vast majority of the booing on Saturday was aimed at Hill. Unfortunately if it is happening during the game, then players would not be able to tell who it was aimed at. The way things were going many could be forgiven it was aimed at them.

Bottomley saying the moral in the dressing room is sky high was an enormous error on his part. It is blatantly obvious it is the complete opposite. Until the club stops treating supporters as mugs who know nothing, then the atmosphere will remain pretty toxic.

After the game I was leaving the ground looking and listening to fans and it was noticeable how quiet everyone was, as if they had been stunned into silence by what they had all just witnessed. I listened to Hill`s interview after the game and he handled it well, considering how much he must have been hurting inside and I have a feeling this is rock bottom and it won`t get any worse. I hope I`m right, because if this is the way its all going to end, then it would be an incredible shame to leave the club in such a manner after all the good times he has brought.

I can only hope we can bring in a new solid spine to the team during the transfer window. An experienced CH (which we already have but is out of favor) a ball winning captain in the centre of midfield and a goalscorer to take the pressure off Hendo. These three are needed at the very least and without them, I can only see one outcome, relegation.

Your second paragraph is what I was alluding to when I said about the board having to play their part and taking huge consideration for what the fanbase are going through. Telling us things like that is a big error, be honest with us, stop feeding us rubbish and at least try to get us all on the same page.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 16:49 - Jan 7 with 4753 viewsSuddenLad

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 16:45 - Jan 7 by ChaffRAFC

Your second paragraph is what I was alluding to when I said about the board having to play their part and taking huge consideration for what the fanbase are going through. Telling us things like that is a big error, be honest with us, stop feeding us rubbish and at least try to get us all on the same page.

I'd be careful about how honest you want them to be, given some of the stories and rumours I've heard in the last 2 weeks and none of the stories concern the playing staff or manager..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 17:06 - Jan 7 with 4680 viewsJames1980

Regarding the dressing room atmosphere. Why has it not been transferred to the pitch on a match day recently?

Has DB seen this good atmosphere himself or has someone on the coaching staff said all is fine in the dressing room & he has believed them?

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 17:48 - Jan 7 with 4561 viewsdingdangblue

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 17:06 - Jan 7 by James1980

Regarding the dressing room atmosphere. Why has it not been transferred to the pitch on a match day recently?

Has DB seen this good atmosphere himself or has someone on the coaching staff said all is fine in the dressing room & he has believed them?

Maybe he went in there when it was empty.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 17:57 - Jan 7 with 4522 viewsJames1980

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 17:48 - Jan 7 by dingdangblue

Maybe he went in there when it was empty.

If it isn't true then it is worrying that either DB was not honest with Col, or he has had the wool pulled over his eyes by someone else.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 19:04]

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 18:19 - Jan 7 with 4460 views100notout

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 15:45 - Jan 7 by James1980

Would an apology for criticism of fans be a good gesture from KH.

Yes it would and I think it would go a long way to getting a lot of supporters back on side. Unfortunately I can't see it ever happening.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Calm heads - Support in Adversity on 18:20 - Jan 7 with 4459 viewsNinco

I don't agree.

To some people, £22 is a lot of money in this tight financial climate and you don't want to spend it watching a standard of football that you could have seen free on the local playing fields.

If you buy something in a shop, and it isn't of the standard you expect, you have the option to take it back for a refund, or to vote with your feet and go elsewhere. That's not the case at the COA as most of us opted for the reduced priced season tickets thinking that the squad we saw at the beginning of the season would be there for the season. We now have a choice of sitting through this rubbish or lose money on our season ticket.

The directors, manager and players need to remember that they are in the entertainment business and to a certain extent, I can take a loss if it's entertaining, or I can take a boring match if we get a win out of it, but I am sick of paying money to watch a match that is both boring, and loses us 3 points at home.

The only way anything will ever get done is to let the directors see that we are not happy. Those who continue to support Hill are saying to the directors that everything in the garden is rosy and you don't need to change anything. That is the kind of mentality that kept previous managers like Coleman, Barrow etc in a job a lot longer than they should have been and the same will happen with Hill. If you want him gone, you need to make it clear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024