Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City Tonight 11:38 - Jan 8 with 24844 viewsaleanddale

In what is a welcome distraction from woeful league form! tonight we host the City Kids.

Just what side Hilly will put out is anybodys guess I just hope we are on it for 90 minutes and give a proper account of ourselves.

Should be some floating interest and good to see all 4 sides of the ground open for this one.

Win tonight and then spank Posh 4-0 and we will be back on track
City Tonight on 20:44 - Jan 8 with 3238 viewsfitzochris

City Tonight on 20:42 - Jan 8 by DaleFan7

Awful kick for the 90th time by Norman tonight.

Then we let their player virtually walk from half way line to the net without getting within 5 yard of him.

We look bust. Completely chucked it this half.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

City Tonight on 20:44 - Jan 8 with 3209 viewsSunningDale

City Tonight on 20:43 - Jan 8 by DaleFan7

4-2 embarrassing again.

Why didn't we hear from you in the first half when we were doing well?

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

City Tonight on 20:44 - Jan 8 with 3205 viewssweetcorn

This is embarrassing. Somethings got to change one way or another.

If we’re keeping hill, he needs backing as much as the club can afford.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

City Tonight on 20:46 - Jan 8 with 3155 viewsCarbonDale

We're literally losing to kids.
City Tonight on 20:46 - Jan 8 with 3125 viewsscarrow

How about the Hat trick hero for city on loan

Poll: Final position

City Tonight on 20:47 - Jan 8 with 3080 viewsNigeriamark

City Tonight on 20:42 - Jan 8 by DaleFan7

Awful kick for the 90th time by Norman tonight.

Then we let their player virtually walk from half way line to the net without getting within 5 yard of him.

Unfortunately the Norman error was a game changer and they have been on top since. 4-2 as I write this and could easily be another

Some real skill on display by their lads but some good performances by some of ours. Holden MOM for me & hopefully can transfer that to the league. Done terrible ( offside at least 7 times with 5 mins still to go) & Morley gave the ball away too often. McNulty done enough to probably start on Saturday
City Tonight on 20:48 - Jan 8 with 3045 viewsisitme

City Tonight on 20:44 - Jan 8 by fitzochris

We look bust. Completely chucked it this half.

Different team since Rathbone and Dooley went off. Not the same pressure on the ball. Norman has had a shocker for their first and a poor kick contributed to their third.

Ran out of puff in the end. Holden looked lively. Done was permanently offside. Norman's mistake for the first really changed the game.
City Tonight on 20:48 - Jan 8 with 3044 viewsrichfoad32

City Tonight on 20:46 - Jan 8 by CarbonDale

We're literally losing to kids.

Whilst playing a lot of them ourselves.
Login to get fewer ads

City Tonight on 20:48 - Jan 8 with 3005 viewssweetcorn

City Tonight on 20:47 - Jan 8 by Nigeriamark

Unfortunately the Norman error was a game changer and they have been on top since. 4-2 as I write this and could easily be another

Some real skill on display by their lads but some good performances by some of ours. Holden MOM for me & hopefully can transfer that to the league. Done terrible ( offside at least 7 times with 5 mins still to go) & Morley gave the ball away too often. McNulty done enough to probably start on Saturday

We’ve conceded 4, he cant have done much 😂

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

City Tonight on 20:49 - Jan 8 with 2970 viewsfitzochris

City Tonight on 20:48 - Jan 8 by isitme

Different team since Rathbone and Dooley went off. Not the same pressure on the ball. Norman has had a shocker for their first and a poor kick contributed to their third.

Ran out of puff in the end. Holden looked lively. Done was permanently offside. Norman's mistake for the first really changed the game.

And the obligatory four goals conceded.

Holden did at least look decent.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

City Tonight on 20:51 - Jan 8 with 2892 viewsKenBoon

I know its a quid for kids, but over 1500 'dale fans there tonight. I know some people enjoy the few grand this cup generates, but the long-term damage to clubs like ours isn't worth it, and a dicking like this just strengthens their hand. The push for B teams into the Football League has nothing to do with improving the national team and not really much to do with strengthening their clubs first team. It's everything to do with improving the performance of their footballer farms, which can produce players that command a higher fee. Probably an argument for another time though.
City Tonight on 20:51 - Jan 8 with 2856 viewsregjenkins

How much do you envisage that some of these citys kids are worth? It doesn't suprise me that they are winning this game.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

City Tonight on 20:58 - Jan 8 with 2632 viewsrichfoad32

City Tonight on 20:51 - Jan 8 by regjenkins

How much do you envisage that some of these citys kids are worth? It doesn't suprise me that they are winning this game.

Nope. Kids or not, they're a damn good team and it's no disgrace to lose to them. Maybe some of the goals were preventable but I think the reaction of some on here is a little harsh.
City Tonight on 20:59 - Jan 8 with 2599 viewsKenBoon

Most will be worth nothing in the end. A few will bring up to a million when sold to Championship clubs. If they strike gold like Chelsea have done with with a few of theirs then 10s of millions.
City Tonight on 21:00 - Jan 8 with 2561 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I am still celebrating Norman resigning so won’t comment

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

City Tonight on 21:00 - Jan 8 with 2557 viewsrochdaleriddler

What is surprising is we extended Norman’s loan. We know goalies can make errors, but he appears to do it every game

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

City Tonight on 21:03 - Jan 8 with 2446 viewsrdaleouis

City Tonight on 20:58 - Jan 8 by richfoad32

Nope. Kids or not, they're a damn good team and it's no disgrace to lose to them. Maybe some of the goals were preventable but I think the reaction of some on here is a little harsh.

Harsh? Really?

Giving away a 2-0 lead to lose the game 4-2 in the second half I think warrants a ‘harsh’ response. I accept that they are a good team but there is no excuse to concede four goals within 45 minutes, having started off the game in such a positive manner.

Yes this isn’t our strongest team by any means but there are still a lot of players in there who are regulars in the starting eleven, week in, week out and they got absolutely humiliated by players who have nothing like the same amount of experience that some of our players do. These are worrying times.
City Tonight on 21:05 - Jan 8 with 2394 viewsKenBoon

City Tonight on 20:58 - Jan 8 by richfoad32

In terms of the overall agenda, when Football League clubs lose to B teams then it's not good. I'm glad we played many of our kids but the scoreline says a hammering and worse shows they managed the game well, playing into the myth the b-teams will improve the national side. The discussion of bringing b teams into the FL comes back and its sides like ours - especially with so many big brands on our doorstep - that get hurt the most. It would hurt our attendances and even worse increase the number of young footballers they can suck in.
City Tonight on 21:06 - Jan 8 with 2382 viewsnordenblue

City Tonight on 20:39 - Jan 8 by dalenumber2

Did anyone catch the attendance as just stated on ifollow?

2176 i think it said on the MEN with 500+city fans
City Tonight on 21:11 - Jan 8 with 2278 viewsShun

Shouldn’t have lost that. The first half was a joy to watch and we were well on top, it was like the Hill teams of old. Second half City improved and pressed us more but we still looked capable of winning the game until Norman does what our keepers do this season and absolutely gifted them a goal. He gifted them another later too. He absolutely can’t play another game for us. Just terrible.

City didn’t look anything special. They were faster than us and they (obviously) had a better keeper than us, but I wouldn’t say the best of our youth team would look out of place in their team. Furthermore, a group of adult City fans doing the Poznan at a youth team game is the most embarrassing thing I’ve seen at a football match, even more embarrassing than us conceding 17 goals in 4 games. Cringeworthy fans.

Overall there were some pretty good performances from us until we faded the longer the game went on. Matheson impresses me so much every time he plays - he’s going to be a star. Adshead played well too and Rathbone continues his MOM streak.
City Tonight on 21:11 - Jan 8 with 2270 viewsD_Dale

Well, City paid a reported £2.2m to PEC Zwolle for Phillippe Sandler who played tonight (he came on as sub against Rotherham in Sunday's cup game).

I'd guess most of the others were signed years ago and their current value is currently notional. Maybe a few will make the first team but probably more will end up with lesser clubs.
City Tonight on 21:13 - Jan 8 with 2220 viewsfunkkk

No real interest in this competition but must admit a wry smile did cross my face when I saw the score. 17 goals conceded in four games, wowee! Utterly inept.
City Tonight on 21:16 - Jan 8 with 2190 viewsDanny1907

I’m sorry but even in the first half I didn’t think we were that good, they missed a penalty (an awful one at that). The second half showing is an embarrassment, 4 goals against us again, 17 goals in conceded in 4 games!! I’m sorry how can anyone put up with that?

They’ve got some good players but when you’re giving them gifts like Norman did, you know what’s going to happen, and we signed him until the end of the season! Matty Done was born offside, Ntlhe and the rest are useless, Hill just go, please.

Peterborough away on Saturday, we’ll be lucky if we only concede 4 there. Embarrassing. Gutless. Spineless.

Hill out.
City Tonight on 21:16 - Jan 8 with 2180 viewsBobbyjoe

Nowhere near as bad as the score would suggest. Chalk and cheese from Saturday. If we had kept it at 2- nil for longer, might have been very different. City kids a delight, though!
City Tonight on 21:19 - Jan 8 with 2118 viewsRodingdale

City Tonight on 21:11 - Jan 8 by Shun

Shouldn’t have lost that. The first half was a joy to watch and we were well on top, it was like the Hill teams of old. Second half City improved and pressed us more but we still looked capable of winning the game until Norman does what our keepers do this season and absolutely gifted them a goal. He gifted them another later too. He absolutely can’t play another game for us. Just terrible.

City didn’t look anything special. They were faster than us and they (obviously) had a better keeper than us, but I wouldn’t say the best of our youth team would look out of place in their team. Furthermore, a group of adult City fans doing the Poznan at a youth team game is the most embarrassing thing I’ve seen at a football match, even more embarrassing than us conceding 17 goals in 4 games. Cringeworthy fans.

Overall there were some pretty good performances from us until we faded the longer the game went on. Matheson impresses me so much every time he plays - he’s going to be a star. Adshead played well too and Rathbone continues his MOM streak.

But Keith says Norman is an exceptional keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024