Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City Tonight 11:38 - Jan 8 with 24872 viewsaleanddale

In what is a welcome distraction from woeful league form! tonight we host the City Kids.

Just what side Hilly will put out is anybodys guess I just hope we are on it for 90 minutes and give a proper account of ourselves.

Should be some floating interest and good to see all 4 sides of the ground open for this one.

Win tonight and then spank Posh 4-0 and we will be back on track
City Tonight on 23:40 - Jan 8 with 3045 viewsBrookers81

City Tonight on 21:55 - Jan 8 by 49thseason

Next Week......
[Post edited 8 Jan 2019 21:56]

if we lose 8-1 to peterborough Hill will have to be fired, no excuses.
i think it might be 6-0 loss though.

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

City Tonight on 23:44 - Jan 8 with 3025 viewstony_roch975

City Tonight on 22:41 - Jan 8 by rochdale_ranger

There is clear reasons and reasoning for it. It’s far from mindless. How else can a fanbase register its dissatisfaction?

By not attending preferably - rather have a half-full stadium of supporters than a packed Main Stand of moaners.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

City Tonight on 23:44 - Jan 8 with 3025 viewsdingdangblue

'I just hope we are on it for 90 minutes.'

Well you were half right aleanddale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

City Tonight on 09:28 - Jan 9 with 2604 viewsdingdangblue

Very decent match report from City
The lad who scored 2nd and 3rd goals is only 16!

https://www.mancity.com/news/eds/match-report/2019/january/rochdale-v-man-city-e

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

City Tonight on 10:03 - Jan 9 with 2522 viewsDaleiLama

City Tonight on 22:35 - Jan 8 by SuddenLad

Booing the team you claim to support. It's always mindless.

It's utterly pointless.

As I said in another thread, does anyone think this board or any other board doesn't realise we aren't playing well, not getting results and something has to change? Do they also think that fans booing will affect that in any way? No one wants the results we are getting. Neither the fans, Keith nor the board. I'm sure the board have already or will make this clear to Keith too.

The situation is what it is. It will ultimately be fixed one way or the other by the board or the manager. If anyone wants to make a point to the board they have invited you in to do just that. If you can't attend you can send your question in to the Trust. Booing will change absolutely nothing positively. The only effect it can have is to negatively impact an already decimated morale. I truly despair of anyone who thinks that booing will improve our current situation and invite them to explain in this thread how they think it will.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

City Tonight on 10:14 - Jan 9 with 2478 viewsSuddenLad

City Tonight on 10:03 - Jan 9 by DaleiLama

It's utterly pointless.

As I said in another thread, does anyone think this board or any other board doesn't realise we aren't playing well, not getting results and something has to change? Do they also think that fans booing will affect that in any way? No one wants the results we are getting. Neither the fans, Keith nor the board. I'm sure the board have already or will make this clear to Keith too.

The situation is what it is. It will ultimately be fixed one way or the other by the board or the manager. If anyone wants to make a point to the board they have invited you in to do just that. If you can't attend you can send your question in to the Trust. Booing will change absolutely nothing positively. The only effect it can have is to negatively impact an already decimated morale. I truly despair of anyone who thinks that booing will improve our current situation and invite them to explain in this thread how they think it will.

Alle-bloody-lujah. Bang on the nail.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

City Tonight on 10:16 - Jan 9 with 2470 viewsrochdale_ranger

City Tonight on 23:44 - Jan 8 by tony_roch975

By not attending preferably - rather have a half-full stadium of supporters than a packed Main Stand of moaners.

Was it something like two thousand season tickets sold before the season? It’s fair to say we’ve already payed for the product so not turning up wouldn’t bother them. I said last season I wasn’t going to renew mine but after the last day and feeling of togetherness (cheesey as it sounds) I thought mistakes would of been learned from and we would of turned a corner I think we went a whole four games this season before Hill started bad mouthing the supporters.

It’s ok saying don’t boo or attend the the forum if your not happy but I think Hill has brought it on himself. Two years of sh1t before he actually got any sh1t off the fans. At least if he wants to criticise the fans he’s got reason to now.

Also I think everyone is aware that the booing is not related to the team and it’s aimed solely at Hill and the board. The rumours suggest the players are aware of this and it’s not as though they won’t be looking on here or don’t have social media.
City Tonight on 10:19 - Jan 9 with 2455 viewskiwidale

Rochdale fans booing?... pathetic if you want booing read this

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/77234-philadelphia-phans-why-do-we-boo-becau

Booing Santa bearing gifts wtf.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 10:21]

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

City Tonight on 10:39 - Jan 9 with 2394 viewsDaleiLama

City Tonight on 10:19 - Jan 9 by kiwidale

Rochdale fans booing?... pathetic if you want booing read this

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/77234-philadelphia-phans-why-do-we-boo-becau

Booing Santa bearing gifts wtf.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 10:21]

Boo-birds extraordinaire!

That fella may be a genuine fan, but Philly fans throw batteries and full 10oz beer cans at fans of opponents to show they "care" so much. It almost makes you wonder if booing and physical aggression have a similar (but not connected) root - an inability to express oneself with words.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 10:40]

City Tonight on 10:51 - Jan 9 with 2371 viewsDaleiLama

City Tonight on 10:16 - Jan 9 by rochdale_ranger

Was it something like two thousand season tickets sold before the season? It’s fair to say we’ve already payed for the product so not turning up wouldn’t bother them. I said last season I wasn’t going to renew mine but after the last day and feeling of togetherness (cheesey as it sounds) I thought mistakes would of been learned from and we would of turned a corner I think we went a whole four games this season before Hill started bad mouthing the supporters.

It’s ok saying don’t boo or attend the the forum if your not happy but I think Hill has brought it on himself. Two years of sh1t before he actually got any sh1t off the fans. At least if he wants to criticise the fans he’s got reason to now.

Also I think everyone is aware that the booing is not related to the team and it’s aimed solely at Hill and the board. The rumours suggest the players are aware of this and it’s not as though they won’t be looking on here or don’t have social media.

At least one poster on the last L1 match thread (I think it was) said the players deserved to be booed Ranger. I'm not going back and checking all the posts and we don't need another poll to establish anything, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't quite a bit of booing directed at the players too, if all the boo-birds were completely honest.

Anyway, if any Trust member wishes, they can ask a simple question - "what needs to happen for Keith Hill to be replaced as the manager of RAFC". I would even be in favour of this (despite currently being against the outcome) as it would at least make the situation transparent to all parties, although AK did give KH his backing in his NY statement, so the current position is partially already known.

City Tonight on 11:13 - Jan 9 with 2316 viewsDaleiLama

City Tonight on 10:39 - Jan 9 by DaleiLama

That fella may be a genuine fan, but Philly fans throw batteries and full 10oz beer cans at fans of opponents to show they "care" so much. It almost makes you wonder if booing and physical aggression have a similar (but not connected) root - an inability to express oneself with words.

Speaking of American Sports, Cody Parkey, a kicker for the Bears had a makeable game winning field goal attempt at the end of the Bears vs Eagles game at the weekend. It was initially thought he'd missed it, but later footage showed it was just blocked enough by a fingertip to alter the trajectory and create a "double doink", hitting the upright, dying, falling onto the cross bar and coming back into the field of play therby not scoring any points.

Here's a reaction from a Bears fan. As much as the last 13 League goals have upset me, I don't think I've ever felt this bad, but I suppose they were eliminated from the playoffs and our season is still alive. Enjoy.

Edit: Presumably he got a happy ending?

[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 11:18]

City Tonight on 11:15 - Jan 9 with 2304 viewsrochdale_ranger

City Tonight on 10:51 - Jan 9 by DaleiLama

At least one poster on the last L1 match thread (I think it was) said the players deserved to be booed Ranger. I'm not going back and checking all the posts and we don't need another poll to establish anything, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't quite a bit of booing directed at the players too, if all the boo-birds were completely honest.

Anyway, if any Trust member wishes, they can ask a simple question - "what needs to happen for Keith Hill to be replaced as the manager of RAFC". I would even be in favour of this (despite currently being against the outcome) as it would at least make the situation transparent to all parties, although AK did give KH his backing in his NY statement, so the current position is partially already known.

As far as the issue of booing goes I actually agree with you that it isn’t productive and it’s certainly something I’ve not done or will ever do but to suggest as some posters have that it is mindless or out of the blue is wrong.I know it’s probably not a very cultured or civil view but After two years of slagging the fans of and churning out dross Hill can reap it. Think about it, expectations aren’t that high and Rochdale fans are pretty down to earth and level headed and Hill has managed to alienate them. The Booing says more about Hill and the board then the fans to be honest.
City Tonight on 11:46 - Jan 9 with 2230 viewsDanny1907

City Tonight on 11:15 - Jan 9 by rochdale_ranger

As far as the issue of booing goes I actually agree with you that it isn’t productive and it’s certainly something I’ve not done or will ever do but to suggest as some posters have that it is mindless or out of the blue is wrong.I know it’s probably not a very cultured or civil view but After two years of slagging the fans of and churning out dross Hill can reap it. Think about it, expectations aren’t that high and Rochdale fans are pretty down to earth and level headed and Hill has managed to alienate them. The Booing says more about Hill and the board then the fans to be honest.

Nail on the head. I accept what we are as a club, I know we’re never going to be the flash type and I like that. However, to suggest the fans know nothing, to constantly try to take on the fans is what’s out of order. There aren’t many of us to begin with, he should appreciate that and realise that you can’t please everyone in life.

I booed at the final whistle and why? Because of the sheer arrogance of the man, he thinks he’s better than everyone else and he thinks he’s special, we all know how it’s ended with Mourinho and the only reason it hasn’t been the same here is because he’s managed to brainwash the majority. He is past it, he is losing the plot but everyone else is to blame apart from the man himself.
City Tonight on 12:07 - Jan 9 with 2177 viewsrochdaleriddler

City Tonight on 10:39 - Jan 9 by DaleiLama

So no booing at our next drubbing, but use words . ‘Hill out’ ought to cover it. Save it till the end, ,after the team have given their ‘all’

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

City Tonight on 12:08 - Jan 9 with 2169 viewskiwidale

Booing is as old as man its used by all cultures in various forms to show disapproval its often involuntary, o say it achieves nothing is wrong it is a safety valve. some people boo some utter expletives some cry borne out of frustration and to a degree a feeling of helplessness.

This is not the time for bickering.

City Tonight on 12:15 - Jan 9 with 2141 viewsMoonyDale

City Tonight on 11:46 - Jan 9 by Danny1907

Nail on the head. I accept what we are as a club, I know we’re never going to be the flash type and I like that. However, to suggest the fans know nothing, to constantly try to take on the fans is what’s out of order. There aren’t many of us to begin with, he should appreciate that and realise that you can’t please everyone in life.

I booed at the final whistle and why? Because of the sheer arrogance of the man, he thinks he’s better than everyone else and he thinks he’s special, we all know how it’s ended with Mourinho and the only reason it hasn’t been the same here is because he’s managed to brainwash the majority. He is past it, he is losing the plot but everyone else is to blame apart from the man himself.

I honestly think the only reason he's still here is down to finances, if we had the cash to pay him off he would be gone. At pretty much any other club he would be gone and am sure he knows it, I don't buy all this we back the manager from the board either, we just have to hope for an upturn in form from somewhere,. Boo the manager if need be but I still wouldn't boo a player but I wouldn't call those that do mindless, each to his or her own. The problem comes next season if we go down (which i fully believe we will) He will still have over 2 years on his contract, there will be even less money and if we are struggling in L2 what happens then?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

City Tonight on 12:24 - Jan 9 with 2106 viewsrochdaleriddler

City Tonight on 12:15 - Jan 9 by MoonyDale

I honestly think the only reason he's still here is down to finances, if we had the cash to pay him off he would be gone. At pretty much any other club he would be gone and am sure he knows it, I don't buy all this we back the manager from the board either, we just have to hope for an upturn in form from somewhere,. Boo the manager if need be but I still wouldn't boo a player but I wouldn't call those that do mindless, each to his or her own. The problem comes next season if we go down (which i fully believe we will) He will still have over 2 years on his contract, there will be even less money and if we are struggling in L2 what happens then?

Well put, I don’t boo either but I feel it is warranted after some v poor performances , I’m still supporting the club as I head for the carlsberg lounge with 10 mins to go

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

City Tonight on 12:27 - Jan 9 with 2094 viewsDanny1907

City Tonight on 12:15 - Jan 9 by MoonyDale

Non league beckons. I don’t know the ins and outs of our finances and maybe the board do believe Hill is the right man, but can we afford to go down? Can we afford the loss of away followings? Really worrying times, the next few days are massive, we all know we’re going to lose at Peterborough and probably a heavy loss too.
City Tonight on 12:29 - Jan 9 with 2083 viewsDaleiLama

City Tonight on 11:46 - Jan 9 by Danny1907

The thing is, if you wish to protest, then do it effectively.

I take the stuff KH says about fans with a K2 sized pinch of salt, but I get that it sticks in people's craws. I'll judge him on one thing, and one thing only - results and where we end the season this year (if we can manage attractive football too it will be a bonus, but we are a way off that ideal at the moment - though there were glimmers it can still exist at RAFC in the first half last night). Other people will use other criteria but it will be the board which decides. Shouting Hill out isn't going to get him out either. If you feel disrespected as a fan, complain to the CEO (he has an email address) or at the forum. Booing or Hill out will just widen the already probably unbridgeable chasm forming between the manager and the fanbase. That may be what a lot of fans want and some may even see it as a means to an end, but I think if this situation keeps being aggravated, it will ultimately deteriorate into an unrecoverable toxic mess and be to the detriment of our L1 status.

City Tonight on 16:36 - Jan 9 with 1883 viewsNinco

Before the City U21 match, I heard someone in the press box ask Hill if he would be going with a full strength first team. He sounded surprised at the question and said no we will be using the team we have used in previous trophy games. Clearly based on this, he is not currently being judged by the directors on wins.
City Tonight on 07:22 - Jan 10 with 1593 viewsdingdangblue

City now the only U21 side left in the competition after Chelsea U21's went out last night to our Saturday opponents Peterborough. The game was played at Stamford Bridge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46816901

City Tonight on 08:37 - Jan 10 with 1490 viewsTVOS1907

City Tonight on 16:36 - Jan 9 by Ninco

Before the City U21 match, I heard someone in the press box ask Hill if he would be going with a full strength first team. He sounded surprised at the question and said no we will be using the team we have used in previous trophy games. Clearly based on this, he is not currently being judged by the directors on wins.

Eh? That ‘team’ had won previous trophy games.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

City Tonight on 11:42 - Jan 10 with 1367 viewsJames1980

I watched the game on IFollow using a voucher from the postponed game.
Couple of questions did Adshead come across as a natural leader in his role as Captain?
Was Done overcompensating for losing a yard of pace hence setting of too early and therefore getting caught offside?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

City Tonight on 11:53 - Jan 10 with 1351 viewsDaleiLama

City Tonight on 11:42 - Jan 10 by James1980

I watched the game on IFollow using a voucher from the postponed game.
Couple of questions did Adshead come across as a natural leader in his role as Captain?
Was Done overcompensating for losing a yard of pace hence setting of too early and therefore getting caught offside?

In my opinion, Adshead didn't have a great game and is probably too young to be a leader, despite having the composure of some players 5 years his senior.

I also have some sympathy with Doney. Hilly almost walked on the pitch and cuffed him round the ear at one point - he screamed at him from the sideline to get further up field and deliberately take up offside positions (to presumably stretch City) and they all but had a barney over it. He was playing to orders. He also looked like he should have done better with the really good chance he had.

City Tonight on 12:01 - Jan 10 with 1329 viewsD_Dale

Brief highlights:

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match-highlights/2019/january/rochdale-v-man-city
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024