Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City v Burton 21:12 - Jan 9 with 2061 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ouch. Glad our defence isn’t facing city

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

City v Burton on 21:16 - Jan 9 with 2031 viewsSuddenLad

Half the Burton fans have been stranded on the M6 for the last 3 hours after it was closed in both directions between junctions 15 and 16. Not a good night all round.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

City v Burton on 21:18 - Jan 9 with 2014 viewsrochdaleriddler

City v Burton on 21:16 - Jan 9 by SuddenLad

Half the Burton fans have been stranded on the M6 for the last 3 hours after it was closed in both directions between junctions 15 and 16. Not a good night all round.......

Indeed

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

City v Burton on 21:19 - Jan 9 with 2000 viewskiwidale

8-0 after 70 mins... all to play for in second leg.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 21:23]

This is not the time for bickering.

City v Burton on 21:21 - Jan 9 with 1984 viewsDaleFan7

Went to the Etihad with my Dad when they played Rotherham on Sunday and said to him I'm quite glad we didn't get to the 3rd round and draw them.

The thought of their team against our defence.
City v Burton on 21:23 - Jan 9 with 1945 viewsD_Alien

Apparently, a Burton fan called Emily who's travelled up from London just made it into the ground as the eighth went in...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

City v Burton on 21:26 - Jan 9 with 1910 viewsRespectTheChemistry

I imagine Jamie Allen was rather less upset at being subbed than Kevin De Bruyne...
City v Burton on 21:30 - Jan 9 with 1882 viewsrochdaleriddler

City v Burton on 21:23 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

Apparently, a Burton fan called Emily who's travelled up from London just made it into the ground as the eighth went in...

At least she’s seen another
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 21:40]

City v Burton on 21:36 - Jan 9 with 1844 viewsColDale

Looks like we wore them out on saturday
Login to get fewer ads

City v Burton on 21:41 - Jan 9 with 1804 viewsrochdaleriddler

City v Burton on 21:36 - Jan 9 by ColDale

Looks like we wore them out on saturday

Only their strikers

City v Burton on 21:43 - Jan 9 with 1776 viewsdingdangblue

Their hat trick hero on Saturday missed a sitter at only 1-0.
Donkey!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

City v Burton on 21:50 - Jan 9 with 1735 viewsmikehunt

Last ten mins turned into a good game when City were looking for the tenth. But Burton would have been slagged off big style had they just defended all game.
Ground looked empty though. Anyone heard an attendance?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

City v Burton on 21:51 - Jan 9 with 1727 viewsD_Alien

City v Burton on 21:50 - Jan 9 by mikehunt

Last ten mins turned into a good game when City were looking for the tenth. But Burton would have been slagged off big style had they just defended all game.
Ground looked empty though. Anyone heard an attendance?

City v Burton on 21:55 - Jan 9 with 1699 viewsdeeplishblue

The fact that city stopped at 9 means that bury still hold the record for the worst defeat in the league cup having been beaten 10 nil by West Ham in 1983.

Which is nice.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

City v Burton on 22:30 - Jan 9 with 1544 viewsDaleiLama

City v Burton on 21:51 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

Was that the final City goal tally?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

City v Burton on 23:05 - Jan 9 with 1446 viewsD_Alien

City v Burton on 22:30 - Jan 9 by DaleiLama

Was that the final City goal tally?

Don't be daft, there's still the second leg yet, could reach 40000

City v Burton on 23:19 - Jan 9 with 1405 viewsJames1980

I know it's the rules but why did the ref bother with added time?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

City v Burton on 23:40 - Jan 9 with 1356 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Notice that Burton rested some of their Stars last Saturday in readiness for this game....we might have been dicked 9-0 if they played their first team.
City v Burton on 01:39 - Jan 10 with 1260 viewsDiddyDave

I see they had that stupid VAR like last night`s Spurs/Chelsea game. I know they "have to get decisions right",but all this standing around waiting and waiting like our game at Wembley last season is bloody ridiculous. They`ve got it here in Oz and it`s caused no end of complaints from fans,commentators and of course,clubs who are on the wrong end of the decision. Another great innovation.NOT.
City v Burton on 01:54 - Jan 10 with 1254 viewskiwidale

City v Burton on 01:39 - Jan 10 by DiddyDave

I see they had that stupid VAR like last night`s Spurs/Chelsea game. I know they "have to get decisions right",but all this standing around waiting and waiting like our game at Wembley last season is bloody ridiculous. They`ve got it here in Oz and it`s caused no end of complaints from fans,commentators and of course,clubs who are on the wrong end of the decision. Another great innovation.NOT.

Agree with that dave. Has it improved the game as a spectacle and made everybody happy? has it fook.

This is not the time for bickering.

City v Burton on 03:41 - Jan 10 with 1196 viewspioneer

City v Burton on 23:19 - Jan 9 by James1980

I know it's the rules but why did the ref bother with added time?

He only plaeyed 2 mins added.in second half even though there were5 goals and no end of substitutions, which i understood were to be 30 seconds each. So I think there was some charity there. When was the last time anyone sawonly 2 mins added at tje end of 90, even in a 0-0 draw... not that we have seen one ofthem for a long while.
City v Burton on 07:15 - Jan 10 with 1096 viewsdingdangblue

City v Burton on 01:39 - Jan 10 by DiddyDave

And still get bizarre decisions - Jesus kicked on the leg inside the box - they go to VAR presumably to see if it is inside the box - it was inside the box... play on decided!
They haven't quite got it right in England yet - the World Cup was much better where the referee goes and looks at the tv footage if there is any doubt - the way they are doing it here they are passing the decision onto someone else other than the ref.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

City v Burton on 04:57 - Jan 13 with 733 viewsDiddyDave

City v Burton on 07:15 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

And still get bizarre decisions - Jesus kicked on the leg inside the box - they go to VAR presumably to see if it is inside the box - it was inside the box... play on decided!
They haven't quite got it right in England yet - the World Cup was much better where the referee goes and looks at the tv footage if there is any doubt - the way they are doing it here they are passing the decision onto someone else other than the ref.

Exactly mate,it`ll get to the stage like it is in Oz for the Rugby League. No matter where the ref is standing (sometimes he`s got the best view in the house),they still go to the video ref 90% of the time and it`s bollox literally,none of them have the balls to award or deny a try for fear of summat that might have happened in the lead up. I was a football referee for about 15 years in NZ,not saying I was the best around cos I was far from it,but it`s all part of the job making decisions and having to stand by them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024