Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? 17:05 - Jan 11 with 2492 viewsDaleiLama

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/davids-diary_part-1/

A note from Chief Executive David Bottomley, who reflects on a busy week at the Crown Oil Arena...
It’s a team game!
I have found out yet again this week that football is very much a team game, both on and off the pitch. This is not a Team Rochdale speech, this is just a week in the life of the Club.

My working week has involved dealing with everybody from the police to local council officials, highways and byways and all that, as well as disgruntled supporters and happy supporters (not just Dale fans), football people and legal teams at other Clubs, as well as lawyers, doctors and media teams. It has been very much butchers, bakers and candlestick makers!
In all, it has been a week when if we did not have the team that we have off the field here at Dale then nothing would get done. It has been a whirlwind, culminating in bringing to the two new, excellent footballers to the Club.

It has been a busy January window so far for lots of Clubs including Rochdale, and it has been a process like no other you can imagine in business. There are so many people and official bodies all involved so great team work is required, and we have seen that at Dale this week. Literally the entire Club is involved in some capacity when you bring a player in.
It has been nice to welcome Paul Swarbrick back to the Club as Stadium Manager recently, which leads me nicely to a new commitment which has been made by the Board of Directors. A commitment has been made this week to use the services of, wherever possible, tradespeople that we need from time to time, like electricians and plumbers and other key service providers, from the local Rochdale Borough. It would be even better if they are Dale fans!

We will soon be advertising an email address to write to, so if you are in the category described, we would love to hear from you, in order to allow us to compile a list of first-class trades people that Paul can call upon when we need that extra expert help, as we are investing in a number of areas around the stadium.
This week has seen me continue to address the situation that occurred at the Bradford game at the end of last year. I have been in contact with a number of supporters from Bradford regarding complaints raised following our match on December 29th, and have been delighted that one fan is so happy with how we have reacted to the complaint that he has actually written to the EFL to compliment the Club. For me, this once again shows that supporters of whatever team it may be really do care. Yes, passions in this game run high, but at the end of the day we all realise it’s a team game and we all need each other’s support.

Finally, I’m delighted to say that our young fan James Dean Cooney, who has recently been in hospital with Meningitis and sepsis, is now safely back at home and progressing better each day. We continue to send our best wishes to James and his family, and are really pleased to hear this news.
Wishing all Dale fans travelling to the Posh tomorrow a safe journey, and all Dale fans a good weekend.
Up the Dale

David Bottomley, CEO

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:17 - Jan 11 with 2454 viewsColDale

Regular feature. As said last week, communication is part of the issues and this is an attempt to address it.
New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:28 - Jan 11 with 2403 viewsisitme

Things may not be great on the pitch and the perception by some/many that things are also bad behind the scenes but credit where it is due that is an interesting article.

I do like the trades idea. It is always good to support local business. Maybe the trust could share a similar list on their website so Dale supporters can send business the way of other Dale supporters.
New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:35 - Jan 11 with 2373 viewskiwidale

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:17 - Jan 11 by ColDale

Regular feature. As said last week, communication is part of the issues and this is an attempt to address it.

No complaints from me with that statement from Bottomley. I would have liked to have heard it a few weeks ago it might have quelled some of the rumours mine included. its positive with clear intent and as you say communication especially in uncertain times is essential.

This is not the time for bickering.

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:36 - Jan 11 with 2364 viewsrochedale

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:28 - Jan 11 by isitme

Things may not be great on the pitch and the perception by some/many that things are also bad behind the scenes but credit where it is due that is an interesting article.

I do like the trades idea. It is always good to support local business. Maybe the trust could share a similar list on their website so Dale supporters can send business the way of other Dale supporters.

They already do 👍

Edit: To a certain extent, the ‘Friends of the trust’ section...
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 17:37]

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:41 - Jan 11 with 2336 views442Dale

Interesting article, good to see.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 2300 viewsblackdogblue

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:41 - Jan 11 by 442Dale

Interesting article, good to see.

Agree, does anyone know someone who can build a smoking area for half time?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:56 - Jan 11 with 2264 viewsisitme

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:36 - Jan 11 by rochedale

They already do 👍

Edit: To a certain extent, the ‘Friends of the trust’ section...
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 17:37]

I meant an extension of this and they don't necessarily have to offer a discount. If someone wants a plumber/joiner etc they could, if they want choose from a list of Dale supporters.
New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 18:20 - Jan 11 with 2209 viewsNorthernDale

It is about time the club started connecting with the fans again, so I will praise Mr Bottomley and the club, now what we need is regular updates about injuries, so we know what is going on, rather then treating injuries or what is going on at the club as a state secret
Login to get fewer ads

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 19:05 - Jan 11 with 2109 viewsD_Alien

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 18:20 - Jan 11 by NorthernDale

It is about time the club started connecting with the fans again, so I will praise Mr Bottomley and the club, now what we need is regular updates about injuries, so we know what is going on, rather then treating injuries or what is going on at the club as a state secret

KH's pre-match message (and recent interviews) suggests that's already happening

We know it's unlikely he'd start to do this spontaneously, so the chances are he's following guidance from the new regime

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 19:18 - Jan 11 with 2081 viewsSuddenLad

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:49 - Jan 11 by blackdogblue

Preferably at Red Lumb......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 19:33 - Jan 11 with 2032 viewsblackdogblue

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 19:18 - Jan 11 by SuddenLad

Preferably at Red Lumb......

Cheers for that, Black Dog is closer

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 20:53 - Jan 11 with 1900 viewsJames1980

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 17:49 - Jan 11 by blackdogblue

One major issue of the current policy is some folk resort to a crafty puff in the loos. Surely this is worse as it leads to non smokers having to passive smoke in an enclosed space.

Different subject but a real bug bear of mine. How expensive and difficult would it be to repaint lines an letters on the stands? (Sad I know) It just looks a bit shoddy in places to me

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 21:56 - Jan 11 with 1791 viewsrochdaleriddler

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 20:53 - Jan 11 by James1980

One major issue of the current policy is some folk resort to a crafty puff in the loos. Surely this is worse as it leads to non smokers having to passive smoke in an enclosed space.

Different subject but a real bug bear of mine. How expensive and difficult would it be to repaint lines an letters on the stands? (Sad I know) It just looks a bit shoddy in places to me

Not s crafty puff , it’s common knowledge smokers congregate in the toilets in the Sandy , stewards turn s blind eye

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 22:07 - Jan 11 with 1778 viewsD_Alien

When there's talk about resorting to a crafty puff in the Sandy Lane loos, i think someone should let David Bottomley know about it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 22:30 - Jan 11 with 1737 viewsSuddenLad

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 21:56 - Jan 11 by rochdaleriddler

Not s crafty puff , it’s common knowledge smokers congregate in the toilets in the Sandy , stewards turn s blind eye

They'll ignore it until the first claim comes in because someone suffered a severe asthma attack walking through a cloud of cigarette smoke........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New weekly feature or just general updates in the January window? on 22:31 - Jan 11 with 1734 viewsDaleFan7

Isn't smoking in the grounds of football league clubs banned?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024