Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets v Mayfield 08:54 - Jan 12 with 2700 viewsColDale

Was due to take place at Spotland today. It's been switched to Mayfield. If you're not going Posh and like a bit of RL, prices have been reduced
Hornets v Mayfield on 09:18 - Jan 12 with 2650 viewsDalenet

Postponed due to problems with the posts and their sockets. You'd have thought the ground staff would have checked them sometime ago. At least the game wasn't postponed and the RL fans in the town get their fix
Hornets v Mayfield on 12:04 - Jan 12 with 2460 viewsjudd

£10 adults. U16s free

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets v Mayfield on 18:26 - Jan 12 with 2192 viewsjudd

Hornets v Mayfield on 12:04 - Jan 12 by judd

£10 adults. U16s free

Hornets won 18:12 in a fantastic game. The game was played for the Steve Gartland Memorial Trophy and the classless fookwits left the club before the presentation.

Hornets v Mayfield on 18:45 - Jan 12 with 2147 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Hornets v Mayfield on 18:26 - Jan 12 by judd

Hornets won 18:12 in a fantastic game. The game was played for the Steve Gartland Memorial Trophy and the classless fookwits left the club before the presentation.

What was the attendance? (Including dogs😀)

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Hornets v Mayfield on 18:58 - Jan 12 with 2091 viewsjudd

Hornets v Mayfield on 18:45 - Jan 12 by foreverhopefulDale

What was the attendance? (Including dogs😀)

Dunno the attendance but there was one border collie in the bar after the game.

Hornets v Mayfield on 19:02 - Jan 12 with 2086 viewsD_Alien

Hornets v Mayfield on 18:58 - Jan 12 by judd

Used to live close to Mayfield's ground and let my border collie off the lead for him to do his business. He sometimes disappeared behind the clubhouse and didn't return for some time

I'd like to think that dog propping up the bar is his great grandson

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets v Mayfield on 19:07 - Jan 12 with 2058 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Hornets v Mayfield on 18:58 - Jan 12 by judd

Not enough there to mean it would be much loss to the Dale and Stadium for losing out on hosting the game?

Hornets v Mayfield on 20:37 - Jan 12 with 1939 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets v Mayfield on 19:07 - Jan 12 by foreverhopefulDale

Not enough there to mean it would be much loss to the Dale and Stadium for losing out on hosting the game?

The bar was packed after the game. Rugby fans like a drink.
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets v Mayfield on 20:44 - Jan 12 with 1915 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Hornets v Mayfield on 20:37 - Jan 12 by mingthemerciless

The bar was packed after the game. Rugby fans like a drink.

Indeed they do, but don’t most of them go drinking in other pubs near Spotland when they play there? Is the Mayfield Club a better place to have a drink than the Radcliffe?

Hornets v Mayfield on 21:28 - Jan 12 with 1851 viewsClivert

Hornets v Mayfield on 09:18 - Jan 12 by Dalenet

Postponed due to problems with the posts and their sockets. You'd have thought the ground staff would have checked them sometime ago. At least the game wasn't postponed and the RL fans in the town get their fix

Yeah, I believe that the groundstaff haven’t been the only ones struggling with ‘posts’ today.
Hornets v Mayfield on 22:24 - Jan 12 with 1773 viewspioneer

Game was switched at late notice and kicked off late while each player was introduced to a party of dignatories for a friendly game. Some of us had other commitments to get to. Maybe that makes me a fookwit.
Hornets v Mayfield on 22:34 - Jan 12 with 1748 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets v Mayfield on 20:44 - Jan 12 by foreverhopefulDale

Indeed they do, but don’t most of them go drinking in other pubs near Spotland when they play there? Is the Mayfield Club a better place to have a drink than the Radcliffe?

Most blokes I know don't drink in the Crown arena bar anymore after games. They reckon it's too expensive. I'll normally have a pint, force of habit really. The bar at Mayfield will have done well today going off the numbers in the bar after the game.
Unfortunately I'm on a diverticulitis induced wagon at the moment so I've no idea what a pint costs in there. I would have been on the brandy anyway, it was bloody freezing there today. Roll on Summer rugby.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 22:37]
Hornets v Mayfield on 22:36 - Jan 12 with 1736 viewspioneer

Hornets v Mayfield on 22:34 - Jan 12 by mingthemerciless

Most blokes I know don't drink in the Crown arena bar anymore after games. They reckon it's too expensive. I'll normally have a pint, force of habit really. The bar at Mayfield will have done well today going off the numbers in the bar after the game.
Unfortunately I'm on a diverticulitis induced wagon at the moment so I've no idea what a pint costs in there. I would have been on the brandy anyway, it was bloody freezing there today. Roll on Summer rugby.

pint of boddies 3 quid
Hornets v Mayfield on 23:36 - Jan 12 with 1627 viewsDaleFan7

Hornets v Mayfield on 22:34 - Jan 12 by mingthemerciless

It is too expensive. £4.40 for a pint in Rochdale...
Hornets v Mayfield on 10:04 - Jan 13 with 1425 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets v Mayfield on 23:36 - Jan 12 by DaleFan7

It is too expensive. £4.40 for a pint in Rochdale...

Even The Baum and The Medicine Tap aren't that expensive.
I drink the lager in the bar at the stadium and the quality has always been OK. However my real ale drinking pals used to complain pretty frequently about the quality of the beer. One eventually went to the extent of always drinking the cider.
Hornets v Mayfield on 22:37 - Jan 14 with 1035 viewsNinco

Speaking of classless, was it not classless for the mayor to be introduced to the players while they were trying to observe the minutes silence?
Hornets v Mayfield on 22:47 - Jan 14 with 1019 viewspioneer

Hornets v Mayfield on 22:37 - Jan 14 by Ninco

Speaking of classless, was it not classless for the mayor to be introduced to the players while they were trying to observe the minutes silence?

Yes, seemed to me like noone knew what was supposed to be happening.All seemed a bit overthe topfor a pre season friendly
Hornets v Mayfield on 22:48 - Jan 14 with 1014 viewsjudd

Hornets v Mayfield on 22:37 - Jan 14 by Ninco

Agreed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024