Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fleetwood match thread 14:13 - Jan 19 with 16839 viewsDaleiLama

Jim back in

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fleetwood match thread on 18:04 - Jan 19 with 3261 viewssweetcorn

Can’t understand the holden criticism, i agree he’s lightweight but he put in multiple dangerous crosses throughout the game. He has to start for me, as no one else can produce a decent cross in the squad.

Ebanks-landell is an absolute unit and seemingly wins everything, looks like he’s exactly what we’ve been missing at the back.

Done, its time to go, not good enough up top anymore and an absolute liability at full back. Thought camps had a good game today.

We should have won that game for all our dominance in the second half. Could really do with offloading calvin and wilbraham, to bring someone else in

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Fleetwood match thread on 18:07 - Jan 19 with 3232 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fleetwood match thread on 16:08 - Jan 19 by DaleFan7

Matheson on for Done. Raff to LB.

Says it all about Dones performance.

Matheson and co did well.......probably saved the Maestro's bacon for another week at least and the performance was better..........we only have Barnsley away next weekend.Holy crap!
Fleetwood match thread on 18:10 - Jan 19 with 3213 viewsdingdangblue

Fleetwood match thread on 18:04 - Jan 19 by sweetcorn

Can’t understand the holden criticism, i agree he’s lightweight but he put in multiple dangerous crosses throughout the game. He has to start for me, as no one else can produce a decent cross in the squad.

Ebanks-landell is an absolute unit and seemingly wins everything, looks like he’s exactly what we’ve been missing at the back.

Done, its time to go, not good enough up top anymore and an absolute liability at full back. Thought camps had a good game today.

We should have won that game for all our dominance in the second half. Could really do with offloading calvin and wilbraham, to bring someone else in

Yeah - really impressed with Holden - seen him twice now against City kids and today and he certainly has a bit about him - think he will only get better. Really unfortunate not to get the 3 points in that 2nd half - was sure Hendo's other chance was in! Could have done with that too as not expecting much from next Saturday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fleetwood match thread on 18:10 - Jan 19 with 3212 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood match thread on 17:41 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Frustrating to not get a winner but it's never that simple against 10, but one thing was very simple... our MoM by a very long way was Ebanks-Landell, a proper centre-back who can play the ball too but no nonsense when required. Paired up well by Big Jim who had a decent game too

Posted at ht that Holden & Hamilton were too lightweight and don't think the second half against 10 men showed whether they'll be able to improve their ability to hold off experienced L1 midfielders - Fleetwood were all over them and whilst i'm not giving up on them they'll need to move up a steep learning curve to be of much use in a relegation scrap. We're right in one too, just hope today can be seen as a turning point

Don't want to hear a dickybird from the manager - really best if he keeps his thought to himself and just gets the team set up to make something of next week's fixture against Barnsley

I don't normally say this, but I can't agree with you at all about Hamilton.

I've seen both of his games now and I think it's noticeable he has come from a higher level, he makes good space, isn't afraid to shoot and is always wanting the ball.

I'm not sure Fleetwood posed much of a threat to test his physicality; Peterborough did and he did well and Barnsley definitely will next weekend.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Fleetwood match thread on 18:11 - Jan 19 with 3199 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood match thread on 18:07 - Jan 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Matheson and co did well.......probably saved the Maestro's bacon for another week at least and the performance was better..........we only have Barnsley away next weekend.Holy crap!

and in Yorkshire too....

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Fleetwood match thread on 18:27 - Jan 19 with 3079 viewssweetcorn

Fleetwood match thread on 18:10 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

I've seen both of his games now and I think it's noticeable he has come from a higher level, he makes good space, isn't afraid to shoot and is always wanting the ball.

I'm not sure Fleetwood posed much of a threat to test his physicality; Peterborough did and he did well and Barnsley definitely will next weekend.

Agree with this, liked the look of him. Didn’t seem to mind getting stuck in and was willing to have a go when he was near enough to goal..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Fleetwood match thread on 18:30 - Jan 19 with 3048 viewsboromat

Yep I think we're looking better. It's great having two central midfielders that are comfortable playing as a two. Probably haven't had that since Lund left. Looking a bit more no nonsense at the back which might not be what Hill wants in the long term but might be what we need right now. Just need a left back and something a bit more up top whether that's just a bit of confidence that's needed or another player.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fleetwood match thread on 18:31 - Jan 19 with 3039 viewsD_Alien

Fleetwood match thread on 18:10 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

Let's hope you're right, you've seen more of him than me, but on the first half showing against a strong (in terms of physicality) midfield he was too easily taken off the ball

As i said, i'm not giving up on either him or Holden, it might just take a few games for them both to make the adjustment from playing against mainly their own age group. Trouble is, unless we keep picking up points they'll be playing in a dogfight situation. I hope we can re-inforce with more experience too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Fleetwood match thread on 18:35 - Jan 19 with 3006 viewsfitzochris

Fleetwood match thread on 17:52 - Jan 19 by rochdaleriddler

DAvid bottomley said the ref didn’t allow enough injury time, and ian henderson is Neil diamond in the carlsberg !

Did he stand on a chair to proclaim this?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fleetwood match thread on 18:40 - Jan 19 with 2962 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood match thread on 18:31 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Let's hope you're right, you've seen more of him than me, but on the first half showing against a strong (in terms of physicality) midfield he was too easily taken off the ball

As i said, i'm not giving up on either him or Holden, it might just take a few games for them both to make the adjustment from playing against mainly their own age group. Trouble is, unless we keep picking up points they'll be playing in a dogfight situation. I hope we can re-inforce with more experience too

Yes, I'd agree with that.

Fleetwood match thread on 18:49 - Jan 19 with 2881 viewsDaley_Lama

Man of the match for me....Joe Rafferty.

Poll: DF in or out

Fleetwood match thread on 18:55 - Jan 19 with 2842 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Fleetwood match thread on 18:35 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

Maybe he stood on The Chair. 😀

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Fleetwood match thread on 18:58 - Jan 19 with 2813 viewsfitzochris

Fleetwood match thread on 18:55 - Jan 19 by foreverhopefulDale

Maybe he stood on The Chair. 😀

He might have done... if he was there.

Fleetwood match thread on 19:00 - Jan 19 with 2789 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fleetwood match thread on 18:11 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

and in Yorkshire too....

and?...........Do you teach Geography.
Fleetwood match thread on 19:08 - Jan 19 with 2719 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood match thread on 19:00 - Jan 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

and?...........Do you teach Geography.

No

Fleetwood match thread on 19:30 - Jan 19 with 2591 viewsDaleFan7

I thought EEL MoM, Hamilton and Holden both played well throughout the 90 minutes. Calvin and Done both particularly poor today.

As a team though the performance only picked up as they sat back with 10 men as it did against Blackpool. We cant really rely on every team coming to Spotland and having a man sent off though.

Hopefully we can pull off a miracle and beat a team that are unbeaten at home next week.
Fleetwood match thread on 19:37 - Jan 19 with 2553 viewssoulboy

Fleetwood match thread on 18:49 - Jan 19 by Daley_Lama

Man of the match for me....Joe Rafferty.

I agree, solid in his usual position in the first half and outstanding in the second half with some superb off the ball running.
Fleetwood match thread on 19:51 - Jan 19 with 2473 views49thseason

Good things today: less faffing about with the ball at the back (just as well if McNulty is to play), more energy in the side than of late, EEL has two good feet and likes a challenge what a refreshing change for the better. Midfield kept hold of the ball better today, Dooley does simple things quite well, and Hamilton looked better in a more attacking second half. Holden put a couple of first-time crosses over which caused panic in their defence.
Less good things: Done was awful and failed to do simple professional things like marking. If Matheson is on the pitch and in acres of space Camps needs to look right and feed him.
God knows, Calvin is a trier but put simply we need better, especially if we now have the means to get decent crosses and runners into the penalty box.
Overall a great improvement but there is still much to do, a new left-back is a priority and a centre forward capable of holding the ball up the pitch and scoring occasionally would be brilliant.
Fleetwood match thread on 20:04 - Jan 19 with 2389 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fleetwood match thread on 18:35 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

Just on the stage , he did mix with people and seemed quite affable

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Fleetwood match thread on 20:52 - Jan 19 with 2211 viewsD_Dale

Fleetwood match thread on 17:45 - Jan 19 by dawlishdale

That was a big improvement over what we've been served up recently.

But... it was the same old same old until the totally pathetic Matt Done was removed from the firing line. Time for him to have a long rest...he is going worse and worse, and has completely lost the ability to play either fullback or striker. It was either him or Jim who played statues for their goal, and Done especially had one of the worst defensive halves I can remember for ages.

Thank God for Henderson. Calvin would never have scored that goal, because his instinct is not to attack the ball but to let it arrive where he is standing. Watch Hendo's superb movement infront of the defender for the goal, and also for the one just after where the keeper makes a good save.

The new lads all did quite well...especially after the harsh red card. Hamilton likes a shot, which is so refreshing to see, and Ebanks Landell was superb at the back, and arguably my man of the match.

Very disappointed to see Hill run down the tunnel both at half time and again at the end of the match. This drives a fookin big coach and horses through his post match interview after the last home game where he justified his clapping off the players at half time, and subsequent swear fest at supporters with "the players needed my support"

Why not today Keef? What could possibly have changed?

If the Board are serious that they want to stay up, then we MUST bring in a striker, and do it soon.

Shame the new Chairman was yet again absent to see this encouraging display. However, the team we fielded today won't stay up without a significant investment in a striker.

Re three of your points, Hendo's goal was well taken, it was a bit similar to Madden's:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11612284/rochdale-1-1-flee

The sending off did look harsh, though a pity Dale couldn't have made more of the extra man.

Hill's hasty exit: maybe he'd arranged for a quick prostate check.

At least today's point ends the losing streak, but next Saturday brings a massive challenge - Barnsley with 16 points from their last 6 matches and a goal difference of +24 (as against Dale's -24).
Fleetwood match thread on 22:30 - Jan 19 with 1913 viewsShun

Fleetwood match thread on 18:04 - Jan 19 by sweetcorn

Fully agree with that. I thought the three new loanees were our three best players, with EEL in particular excelling. As for Holden, he was our best attacker today, more so in the second half, and far more effective than Dooley who looks a little jaded. As posted earlier, Holden’s also the best crosser in the squad on today’s evidence.
Fleetwood match thread on 22:36 - Jan 19 with 1888 viewsD_Alien

Fleetwood match thread on 22:30 - Jan 19 by Shun

Fully agree with that. I thought the three new loanees were our three best players, with EEL in particular excelling. As for Holden, he was our best attacker today, more so in the second half, and far more effective than Dooley who looks a little jaded. As posted earlier, Holden’s also the best crosser in the squad on today’s evidence.

The second half performance by Holden was indeed promising, but look at the context - Fleetwood were playing with a 10-man defensive screen so normal duties were suspended. In the first half, he had the ball taken off him like the proverbial "candy off a baby"

That's not being critical, it's a simple observation. If he can learn to hold onto the ball against L1 bullies he'll do ok, and maybe find some space to put in excellent crosses; but first things first - we have to fight to win the right to do that, and against 11 men he wasn't able to do so. I hope he learns quickly

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fleetwood match thread on 22:45 - Jan 19 with 1847 viewsJames1980

Fleetwood match thread on 22:36 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

The second half performance by Holden was indeed promising, but look at the context - Fleetwood were playing with a 10-man defensive screen so normal duties were suspended. In the first half, he had the ball taken off him like the proverbial "candy off a baby"

That's not being critical, it's a simple observation. If he can learn to hold onto the ball against L1 bullies he'll do ok, and maybe find some space to put in excellent crosses; but first things first - we have to fight to win the right to do that, and against 11 men he wasn't able to do so. I hope he learns quickly

He is not that only player we need to deal better with L1 bullies. Definitely deserved the 3 points. Hope any talk of losing the dressing room will have been put to bed.
Long weekend next week so might venture up to Barnsley

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fleetwood match thread on 23:57 - Jan 19 with 1654 viewsfitzochris

Fleetwood match thread on 22:45 - Jan 19 by James1980

He is not that only player we need to deal better with L1 bullies. Definitely deserved the 3 points. Hope any talk of losing the dressing room will have been put to bed.
Long weekend next week so might venture up to Barnsley

Did anyone say Hill had lost the dressing room? Having an issue with several players and losing the dressing room are not the same thing.

Fleetwood match thread on 00:01 - Jan 20 with 1637 viewsrochdale_ranger

Fleetwood match thread on 23:57 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

Did anyone say Hill had lost the dressing room? Having an issue with several players and losing the dressing room are not the same thing.

I thought he had lost the dressing room last season and this season based on a few different things. I thought Andrews was going this month though so I’m not exactly in the know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024