Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer moves expected..... 18:04 - Jan 24 with 16675 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/hill-weneedmorerecruits/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Transfer moves expected..... on 18:13 - Jan 24 with 8902 viewsShun

That’s the sort of interview I think the fans are crying out to here more often - just a bit of information about Hill’s thoughts on the squad, where he thinks we’re lacking and what he’s doing about it. Good, good.

Edit: quite a few really good interviews today from Hill.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 18:20]
Transfer moves expected..... on 18:36 - Jan 24 with 8808 views442Dale

Transfer moves expected..... on 18:13 - Jan 24 by Shun

That’s the sort of interview I think the fans are crying out to here more often - just a bit of information about Hill’s thoughts on the squad, where he thinks we’re lacking and what he’s doing about it. Good, good.

Agreed. Simple really and helps avoid so many problems.

Credit where it’s due to all concerned. Start (another) of a consistent approach hopefully.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Transfer moves expected..... on 18:46 - Jan 24 with 8746 viewsD_Alien

Transfer moves expected..... on 18:36 - Jan 24 by 442Dale

Agreed. Simple really and helps avoid so many problems.

Credit where it’s due to all concerned. Start (another) of a consistent approach hopefully.

I'm not bothered if that approach doesn't always include a preview on Fridays. There's only so many cliches can be trotted out about being prepared...

The main thing is, as Shun points out, there seems to be more information coming through and in a well-measured tone

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Transfer moves expected..... on 18:53 - Jan 24 with 8724 viewsBrierls

Transfer moves expected..... on 18:46 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

I'm not bothered if that approach doesn't always include a preview on Fridays. There's only so many cliches can be trotted out about being prepared...

The main thing is, as Shun points out, there seems to be more information coming through and in a well-measured tone

That's the sort of interview many have been crying out for.

I don't care if the catalyst for that came from this messageboard, the Trust, the Fans Forum, the Board or Hilly himself thinking he needs to be more open.

Thank Christ he's coming out and saying/admitting that left back postion is a problem. Let's hope we see several more signings.
Transfer moves expected..... on 20:02 - Jan 24 with 8524 viewsdownunder

My impression from afar is that someone new on the board of directors has had a "quiet word". Hilly thought about it for a week...hence the zero comments and quick walk away down the tunnel.
Now these interviews. The Trust, I believe, reflect majority views on here to the Board of Directors. Was it just "paper talk" before, but now the message is getting through? Seems like an improvement to me, here is hoping we get something from a tricky trip to Barnsley, and improve on the pitch as well.
Up the Dale!
Transfer moves expected..... on 20:06 - Jan 24 with 8505 viewsBrierls

Transfer moves expected..... on 20:02 - Jan 24 by downunder

My impression from afar is that someone new on the board of directors has had a "quiet word". Hilly thought about it for a week...hence the zero comments and quick walk away down the tunnel.
Now these interviews. The Trust, I believe, reflect majority views on here to the Board of Directors. Was it just "paper talk" before, but now the message is getting through? Seems like an improvement to me, here is hoping we get something from a tricky trip to Barnsley, and improve on the pitch as well.
Up the Dale!

Something from the game at Oakwell would be a huge bonus. I'm expecting a drubbing and thats taking into account the improvement made with the new signings! Barnsley are the best side we've faced this season.
Transfer moves expected..... on 23:45 - Jan 24 with 8141 viewsJames1980

Hopefully alternatives have been tried for LB in training.

Is it a worry none of the rest of the squad bar Ngosi and Matheson have been able to cut the mustard in that position at least in training, it would seem?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Transfer moves expected..... on 00:18 - Jan 25 with 8074 viewsdingdangblue

Transfer moves expected..... on 23:45 - Jan 24 by James1980

Is it a worry none of the rest of the squad bar Ngosi and Matheson have been able to cut the mustard in that position at least in training, it would seem?

Ngosi isnt good enough and Matheson is a rightback and still at school.
I'd go for David Buchanan from Northampton. Yes hes 32 now but he's got bags of experience, can defend, and Keith knows him from taking him to pre season training abroad a while back.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer moves expected..... on 07:32 - Jan 25 with 7883 viewsseasidedale

worst comes to worst what about McNulty at LB till we sign someone, played there before, I know it takes the attacking option away but might just help a bit defensively
Transfer moves expected..... on 08:15 - Jan 25 with 7803 viewsscarrow

Transfer moves expected..... on 07:32 - Jan 25 by seasidedale

worst comes to worst what about McNulty at LB till we sign someone, played there before, I know it takes the attacking option away but might just help a bit defensively

Done's problem is his legs have gone, what pace he had has aged away. McNulty hasn't the pace either. Unless a new signing appears I fear Done will be lb tomorrow. Time to buy bunney back...

Poll: Final position

Transfer moves expected..... on 08:22 - Jan 25 with 7795 viewsfitzochris

Transfer moves expected..... on 08:15 - Jan 25 by scarrow

Done's problem is his legs have gone, what pace he had has aged away. McNulty hasn't the pace either. Unless a new signing appears I fear Done will be lb tomorrow. Time to buy bunney back...

The club have approached at least two left backs in the past fortnight, both of who have gone elsewhere.

Hill alluded to the problem himself in the first decent interview he's given for ages - there aint much money!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Transfer moves expected..... on 08:30 - Jan 25 with 7781 viewsChaffRAFC

It's got to the point where I'd even take Joe Bunney back to try and iron out this issue.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Transfer moves expected..... on 08:34 - Jan 25 with 7769 viewsdingdangblue

Transfer moves expected..... on 08:22 - Jan 25 by fitzochris

The club have approached at least two left backs in the past fortnight, both of who have gone elsewhere.

Hill alluded to the problem himself in the first decent interview he's given for ages - there aint much money!

According to this we should be due the last instalment of the Hogan money from Brentford?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aston-villa-owe-11m-in-transfer-fees-to-rival

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Transfer moves expected..... on 09:51 - Jan 25 with 7654 views100notout

I think that’s the closest we,ll ever get to Hillysaying “yep I’ve made mistakes- I tried going with experienced pros but it hasn’t worked - I got it wrong “.

We know we’ve not got lots of money. We know we can’t afford to pay big wages and we don’t live beyond our means so we’re always going to struggle to recruit but players coming here have a great opportunity to progress up the footballing food chain and that’s a great reminder from hill to potential recruits out there.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Transfer moves expected..... on 10:00 - Jan 25 with 7617 viewselectricblue

Transfer moves expected..... on 08:15 - Jan 25 by scarrow

Time to farm Done off elsewhere as he wont be on peanuts.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Transfer moves expected..... on 10:31 - Jan 25 with 7508 viewstony_roch975

Transfer moves expected..... on 08:30 - Jan 25 by ChaffRAFC

It's got to the point where I'd even take Joe Bunney back to try and iron out this issue.

However vulnerable he might have been defensively, many of us knew Bunney's crossing was essential for our attacking prowess and we'd miss that and so it has proved. What a pity he got such abuse on this forum and sometimes at games!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Transfer moves expected..... on 10:33 - Jan 25 with 7501 viewstony_roch975

Transfer moves expected..... on 18:13 - Jan 24 by Shun

The fact many of those are written statements rather than oral interviews may be key - time to consider and find the right words might be exactly what Keith needs.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Transfer moves expected..... on 10:39 - Jan 25 with 7485 viewsleedsdale

Another good pre-match read: particularly for the inclusion of an injury update

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/hill--pre-barnsley_26.01.19/

Definite shift in approach over the last few weeks
Transfer moves expected..... on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 7482 viewsjoecooke

Transfer moves expected..... on 08:30 - Jan 25 by ChaffRAFC

Not for me im afraid, ok going forward but defensively not at the races.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Transfer moves expected..... on 11:46 - Jan 25 with 7279 viewsD_Alien

Transfer moves expected..... on 10:33 - Jan 25 by tony_roch975

The fact many of those are written statements rather than oral interviews may be key - time to consider and find the right words might be exactly what Keith needs.

All the statements have "speech marks" which are intended to indicate direct quotes, i.e. verbatim, but basically i agree with you and would suggest there's been some editing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Transfer moves expected..... on 13:25 - Jan 25 with 7030 viewsBainesy15

Transfer moves expected..... on 23:45 - Jan 24 by James1980

Is Ngosi related to Kelvin Andrews?
Transfer moves expected..... on 17:16 - Jan 25 with 6729 viewsKnowlesy

Agree. Much better interview on iplayer. The only thing that irked me was his comments about Rathbone, saying his injury was exacerbated because he wasn't 'honest' in telling him that there was a problem before the checkatrade game.

Whereas, on the other side of the coin, one of Keith's major criticisms of Cannon and a few others were that they were open and told them that they were injured and couldn't play. Where's the line? Should they say they're struggling or not?
Transfer moves expected..... on 17:22 - Jan 25 with 6701 viewssweetcorn

Transfer moves expected..... on 07:32 - Jan 25 by seasidedale

Pace isn’t the problem, its the fact he isn’t a natural left back and therefore isn’t ever in the right position and ends up getting rinsed. His equalising factor in the past when he’s done ok there was his pace he could use it to recover. Now he has none, he’s being exposed.

At least McNulty would have better positioning when the opposition are attacking. It’s definitely what i’d be looking at tomorrow.. don’t think mattheson should be thrown in against Barnsley and we’ve really no one else bar done.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 17:22]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Transfer moves expected..... on 17:52 - Jan 25 with 6598 viewssurb_dale

Transfer moves expected..... on 17:22 - Jan 25 by sweetcorn

Pace isn’t the problem, its the fact he isn’t a natural left back and therefore isn’t ever in the right position and ends up getting rinsed. His equalising factor in the past when he’s done ok there was his pace he could use it to recover. Now he has none, he’s being exposed.

At least McNulty would have better positioning when the opposition are attacking. It’s definitely what i’d be looking at tomorrow.. don’t think mattheson should be thrown in against Barnsley and we’ve really no one else bar done.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 17:22]

I suspect MJ Williams will come in for someone like Holden in a 532/352 formation with Done and new chap as wing backs. Should give Done a bit more protection. He was massively exposed by Fleetwood last week in a flat back 4 especially as Holden struggled to provide much if any cover.

Tbh no matter what formation or personnel we deploy tomorrow its hard to see anything but a comfortable home win but we live in hope!
Transfer moves expected..... on 18:11 - Jan 25 with 6538 viewsJames1980

I guess Hill has tried other players at LB in training.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024