Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stand by your beds 10:16 - Jan 31 with 17245 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stand by your beds on 10:31 - Jan 31 with 9371 viewsdale4ever

Joe Bunney
Stand by your beds on 10:31 - Jan 31 with 9367 viewsDaleiLama

Bunney returns on loan!

[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 10:33]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stand by your beds on 10:32 - Jan 31 with 9338 viewsoddjob007

not sure what to make of this one...

he went completely off last season before we sold him, but prior to that he was a decent left back!

lets hope he's not here to play up front...
Stand by your beds on 10:32 - Jan 31 with 9332 viewsSheffdale

Well I'm pleased. Joe must have a thick skin!
Stand by your beds on 10:33 - Jan 31 with 9309 viewsscarrow

Loan deal - that’s 6

Another keeper coming in maybe and then Norman can be left out

Poll: Final position

Stand by your beds on 10:34 - Jan 31 with 9295 viewsNewbury_Dale

Wasn’t good enough in the last relegation battle. What’s changed ?
Stand by your beds on 10:38 - Jan 31 with 9218 viewsColDale

Stand by your beds on 10:33 - Jan 31 by scarrow

Loan deal - that’s 6

Another keeper coming in maybe and then Norman can be left out

Perhaps Holden's deal might become permanent at some stage today. Think he's only contracted till the end of the season at Bristol anyway so may as well be permanent unless there's a big differential in wages
Stand by your beds on 10:38 - Jan 31 with 9206 viewsParkinsGimp

OMG this smacks of desperation. Typical KJH go for what used to work seasons ago.
Cant see Bunney making an impact, he is hopeless in defence, couldnt tackle a Sunday Roast.
Not as brilliant as thought.
Login to get fewer ads

Stand by your beds on 10:41 - Jan 31 with 9151 viewsKnowlesy

Have to say I'm not happy with this. Yes, he can whip a good ball in and will hopefully contribute to a few goals but the way we're defending at the minute we need a back 4 that can defend and Joe is so gravely lacking in defensive skills and awareness.

He's better than Done, but I was hoping for someone who could at least give us a bit of confidence when we're on the back foot (which will be most of the remainder of the season).
Stand by your beds on 10:48 - Jan 31 with 9061 viewsjonahwhereru

As an offensive threat I can see it, but he has been exposed defensively in the past at this level. Teams exploited that just like they exploited Done’s weakness. Is he any better than Delaney or Nthle I have my reservations. If we played with wingbacks I could understand it more

Will be supportive of Joe in any event.
Stand by your beds on 10:48 - Jan 31 with 9050 viewssweetcorn

I don’t see this as plugging the hole down our left hand side.. was hoping for someone new tbf.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stand by your beds on 10:49 - Jan 31 with 9039 viewsmacro

Bunney is better than Done or Nthle so it's an improvement. Can we get better yes, can we get better now, probably not.
Stand by your beds on 10:49 - Jan 31 with 9038 viewsBrierls

I've got to admit, I'm a little underwhelmed by this one.

I suppose it depends which version of Joe Bunney the left back we're going to see. Bunney was in awful form before he left. Before that he was one of the best attacking left backs in the league, providing numerous chances going forward.

My issue is we got better when Bunney left. That said, I've built up an "anybody but Done" view so we've satisfied that!

I wanted a left back who can defend. We've got one that can attack.
Stand by your beds on 10:55 - Jan 31 with 8938 viewsRotherhamDale

Poor signing.

Couldn't defend last time and I doubt he can now. He puts a decent cross in and that's about it.

Possession with progression.

Stand by your beds on 10:55 - Jan 31 with 8932 viewsJimmyRustler

An attacker who we converted into a LB being replaced by an attacker who we converted into a LB.

Superb.
Stand by your beds on 10:56 - Jan 31 with 8900 viewsRotherhamDale

Stand by your beds on 10:55 - Jan 31 by JimmyRustler

An attacker who we converted into a LB being replaced by an attacker who we converted into a LB.

Superb.

Exactly.

Possession with progression.

Stand by your beds on 10:57 - Jan 31 with 8872 viewsscarrow

The success of this signing depends on which version of Joe Bunney we have. He has a spell where he was superb, he had a spell where he was a disaster. Lets hope it’s the focussed Bunney we have

Poll: Final position

Stand by your beds on 11:03 - Jan 31 with 8807 viewselectricblue

I suppose Bunney signing is down to Hills other targets going elsewhere so his hands where tied in that respect......

Well folkes that is Dales LB and striker signing all in one sorted....
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 13:27]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stand by your beds on 11:03 - Jan 31 with 8800 viewsTomRAFC

If we get the left back who could whip a ball in and gained so much interest early on in his switch to defense then I think this could be a decent enough move. If we get a Bunney off the boil then it's an improvememnt, but not much of one.

Here's hoping we get that ball whipping wingback back rather than the daddy long legs he could be. All in all, probably a decent signing late on in the day, if a little underwhelming.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stand by your beds on 11:14 - Jan 31 with 8631 viewsboromat

A lot of negativity about this one that I understand but then I also remember there being alot of negativity about him being sold at the time and in the end Hilly got that decision right. We got money for Joe and stayed up. Let's hope in bringing him back Hill has again got it right.

I'd like to stay optimistic he won't need much time to settle. If he can get to his very best form he can be one of the best attacking full backs in the league. He's fresh as he's not been playing. And you can guarantee unlike some loan players Joe will be giving everything for the cause.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stand by your beds on 11:19 - Jan 31 with 8585 viewsrochdaleriddler

Amusing to see the Hill lovers struggle with this one, we have shifted people out and replaced them with temps, clearly a sign that the whole team will be binned at season end. He is better than Done though, I hope the haters leave him alone

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stand by your beds on 11:26 - Jan 31 with 8482 viewsdawlishdale

Stand by your beds on 11:19 - Jan 31 by rochdaleriddler

Amusing to see the Hill lovers struggle with this one, we have shifted people out and replaced them with temps, clearly a sign that the whole team will be binned at season end. He is better than Done though, I hope the haters leave him alone

The fat lady is clearing her throat.

I hope the Directors bring their ear plugs to the next home game. The fire sale of decent contracted players followed by incoming short term loanees leaves many supporters wondering what the heck is going on. I doubt very much if our new Chairman is the one making the decisions...so who is ???

The only positive I can draw is that I won't have to watch bloody Matt Done being skinned every game now. But does Hill not remember that just over 12 months ago; it was Joe Bunney getting skinned in the same position?
Stand by your beds on 11:31 - Jan 31 with 8413 viewsnordenblue

Stand by your beds on 11:26 - Jan 31 by dawlishdale

The fat lady is clearing her throat.

I hope the Directors bring their ear plugs to the next home game. The fire sale of decent contracted players followed by incoming short term loanees leaves many supporters wondering what the heck is going on. I doubt very much if our new Chairman is the one making the decisions...so who is ???

The only positive I can draw is that I won't have to watch bloody Matt Done being skinned every game now. But does Hill not remember that just over 12 months ago; it was Joe Bunney getting skinned in the same position?

Loves a good "wing back" does our Keith,just a shame he's not as keen on anyone who can actually defend playing at full back instead.
Stand by your beds on 11:33 - Jan 31 with 8389 viewsdingdangblue

His injury picked up at Walsall in Jan 17 coincided with us going on a poor run of results which ultimately cost us a play off place. When do we play Walsall? 😮

P.s. Welcome back Joe.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stand by your beds on 11:38 - Jan 31 with 8344 viewsEllDale

Has he been signed as a left back though? Or will he play upfront again?
Could a defender be coming in as well says he optimistically?

Wecome back Joe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024