Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Business finished for the day 22:45 - Jan 31 with 8038 viewsSuddenLad

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Business finished for the day on 22:47 - Jan 31 with 6160 viewsShun

Great news bringing Clough back, but surely we have to bring back Wade now to sit on the bench.
Business finished for the day on 22:48 - Jan 31 with 6117 viewsSaxonDale

Can’t tell whether I’m happy or not with how it’s ended up.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 22:51]
Business finished for the day on 22:49 - Jan 31 with 6095 viewsfitzochris

Smacks of losing out on Gilks at the eleventh hour and having no plan B.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Business finished for the day on 22:51 - Jan 31 with 6066 viewsoddjob007

Business finished for the day on 22:49 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Hopefully we have a free agent keeper lined up.

Can see it now. Lillis injured after 3 mins on sat. Calvin In net. 0-7.
Business finished for the day on 22:52 - Jan 31 with 6028 viewssweetcorn

This has dampened an otherwise positive window.

Norman was terrible for us and people were right to be happy when he left, but not signing a replacement is worrying and at this stage i’d rather we still had him at the club.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Business finished for the day on 22:54 - Jan 31 with 5977 viewsTVOS1907

Business finished for the day on 22:49 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Can he play in goal?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Business finished for the day on 22:56 - Jan 31 with 5934 viewsfitzochris

Business finished for the day on 22:54 - Jan 31 by TVOS1907

Can he play in goal?

He can act and sing, so is versatile. Yeah, why not?

Business finished for the day on 23:05 - Jan 31 with 5793 viewsDaleFan7

Whilst we retained the best of the 3 keepers we had. It's worrying that we only have one keeper here now as Wade is out on loan.

Might it have been a case that we didnt want to pay for 2 first team keepers wages past the end of the season if we were in for Gilks? Hes a good signing for Lincoln.
Login to get fewer ads

Business finished for the day on 23:06 - Jan 31 with 5782 viewsfitzochris

Business finished for the day on 23:05 - Jan 31 by DaleFan7

Whilst we retained the best of the 3 keepers we had. It's worrying that we only have one keeper here now as Wade is out on loan.

Might it have been a case that we didnt want to pay for 2 first team keepers wages past the end of the season if we were in for Gilks? Hes a good signing for Lincoln.

I’m sure the club will attempt to remedy this.

Business finished for the day on 23:09 - Jan 31 with 5740 viewsBrierls

I suspect we thought we had Gilks signed until the end of the season but Lincoln came in and offered him an 18 month deal.
Business finished for the day on 23:14 - Jan 31 with 5689 views442Dale

The positives are addressing the defence and Hamilton and Holden showing real promise.

Less positive:
-The goalkeeping situation, as it has been all season, borders on farcical.
-Again, we have used our available budget and squad management to have far too many players who play in similar roles. A quite stunning TEN players who are able to play in forward positions: Clough/Henderson/Andrew/Wilbraham/Pyke/Holden/Williams11/Gillam/Inman/Dooley.
- that same squad management has left us with six on-loan players: Hamilton, Holden, EEL, Bunney, Pyke and Clough. So whatever happens, one of those will be sat in the stand. We can’t afford that and we need a serious re-think in the summer about the amount of players we have at the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Business finished for the day on 23:19 - Jan 31 with 5639 viewsfitzochris

Business finished for the day on 23:14 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

The positives are addressing the defence and Hamilton and Holden showing real promise.

Less positive:
-The goalkeeping situation, as it has been all season, borders on farcical.
-Again, we have used our available budget and squad management to have far too many players who play in similar roles. A quite stunning TEN players who are able to play in forward positions: Clough/Henderson/Andrew/Wilbraham/Pyke/Holden/Williams11/Gillam/Inman/Dooley.
- that same squad management has left us with six on-loan players: Hamilton, Holden, EEL, Bunney, Pyke and Clough. So whatever happens, one of those will be sat in the stand. We can’t afford that and we need a serious re-think in the summer about the amount of players we have at the club.

You make very pertinent points there. A golden opportunity to balance things up, but, while the calibre of player has arguably improved, the balance hasn’t.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 23:20]

Business finished for the day on 23:24 - Jan 31 with 5592 views442Dale

Business finished for the day on 23:19 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

You make very pertinent points there. A golden opportunity to balance things up, but, while the calibre of player has arguably improved, the balance hasn’t.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/hill-weneedmorerecruits/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Business finished for the day on 23:31 - Jan 31 with 5523 viewsSuddenLad

We will have a stronger squad tomorrow than we had yesterday. That's an improvement, though the goalkeeper situation is still fragile.

Either Collis makes the bench on Saturday, or we sign a presently unattached keeper. That may be one who has his contract 'mutually cancelled' and thus becomes a free agent.

Business finished for the day on 23:53 - Jan 31 with 5420 viewsShun

Have to agree with fitzo that it sounds like we thought we had Gilks in the bag and didn’t have a backup plan. Crazy that a month ago we had 4 keepers and now we only have 1.

Anyway, it’s been an eventful month! For all Hill’s failures this season, one accusation that can’t be aimed at him is that he hasn’t recognised the major flaws in the squad and tried to remedy them. While some of them haven’t come off (bringing in an adequate keeper as competition to Lillis, and offloading Wilbraham), it’s clear Hill’s put a huge amount of work this month into reshaping the squad, and to me it looks superior to the one we had a month ago.

We’ve seen departing the club:
Norman
Moore
Clough
Randall
Perkins
Rafferty
McGahey
Wade (loan)

And arriving:
McLoughlin
EEL (loan)
Holden (loan)
Hamilton (loan)
Bunney (loan)
Clough (loan)
Pyke (loan)

That’s a vast turnaround. 8 out and 7 in - have we ever seen such a busy January?
Business finished for the day on 23:57 - Jan 31 with 5414 viewsSuddenLad

Business finished for the day on 23:53 - Jan 31 by Shun

Have to agree with fitzo that it sounds like we thought we had Gilks in the bag and didn’t have a backup plan. Crazy that a month ago we had 4 keepers and now we only have 1.

Anyway, it’s been an eventful month! For all Hill’s failures this season, one accusation that can’t be aimed at him is that he hasn’t recognised the major flaws in the squad and tried to remedy them. While some of them haven’t come off (bringing in an adequate keeper as competition to Lillis, and offloading Wilbraham), it’s clear Hill’s put a huge amount of work this month into reshaping the squad, and to me it looks superior to the one we had a month ago.

We’ve seen departing the club:
Norman
Moore
Clough
Randall
Perkins
Rafferty
McGahey
Wade (loan)

And arriving:
McLoughlin
EEL (loan)
Holden (loan)
Hamilton (loan)
Bunney (loan)
Clough (loan)
Pyke (loan)

That’s a vast turnaround. 8 out and 7 in - have we ever seen such a busy January?

99% agree but we have no idea whether he was trying to offload Wilbraham or not. I suspect he wasn't. His length of experience is in short supply, so he may yet have a role to play.

Business finished for the day on 00:32 - Feb 1 with 5295 viewsShun

Business finished for the day on 23:57 - Jan 31 by SuddenLad

99% agree but we have no idea whether he was trying to offload Wilbraham or not. I suspect he wasn't. His length of experience is in short supply, so he may yet have a role to play.

Rumours from ITKs on here suggested he was trying to but nobody would have him. Can’t be certain though!
Business finished for the day on 05:09 - Feb 1 with 5083 viewsfinberty

Perhaps Keith is lining up the Youth Team keeper. After all, they all have to step up at some stage.

We did all right with 17 year old Keith Welch back in 1987.
Business finished for the day on 05:27 - Feb 1 with 5045 viewsJames1980

It could be argued that Scunthorpe are not safe and see us as rivals for any from 20th upwards. When it came down to it decided not to do us any favours by loaning us a keeper.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Business finished for the day on 05:44 - Feb 1 with 5019 viewsColDale

I believe Wade can be recalled at 24hrs notice. The rules for loaners are different for keepers and they're a bit murky but I think it can be done.
Business finished for the day on 06:59 - Feb 1 with 4760 viewsNigeriamark

Business finished for the day on 23:19 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Overall I am happy with who we have brought in and it’s better than doing nothing at all. We are taking a chance that Lillie doesn’t get injured, which is a risk but could happen that he doesn’t. We wanted a LB which he has brought in with Bunney although the Jury is out on that. 2 forwards who if not injured already is a big plus and hopefully one of the 2 fires. This is on top of 4 players brought in earlier who all look as if they have bedded in immediately

A lot rosier than the 3 game 0-13 performance over the new year. Glass half full rather than half empty IMO
Business finished for the day on 07:15 - Feb 1 with 4704 viewsTVOS1907

Business finished for the day on 05:27 - Feb 1 by James1980

It could be argued that Scunthorpe are not safe and see us as rivals for any from 20th upwards. When it came down to it decided not to do us any favours by loaning us a keeper.

It wasnt a loan.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Business finished for the day on 07:26 - Feb 1 with 4681 viewsJames1980

Business finished for the day on 07:15 - Feb 1 by TVOS1907

It wasnt a loan.

So we were looking to sign him on a permanent basis best get the orthopedic shoes out again.

Business finished for the day on 07:46 - Feb 1 with 4618 viewsEllDale

I thought that we were to be hawking Calvin about as well as Alby, that albatross around our necks?
Either the story wasn't true or it's a sad indictment that no-one came in for him.
Business finished for the day on 08:51 - Feb 1 with 4440 viewsJames1980

Business finished for the day on 07:15 - Feb 1 by TVOS1907

It wasnt a loan.

Although would it have come into consideration when deciding to accept any bid we might have made?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024