Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. 17:33 - Feb 9 with 2483 viewsTTNYear

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 18:32 - Feb 9 with 2330 viewsmikehunt

A vast improvement - we’re not losing by as many.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 07:47 - Feb 10 with 2099 viewsD_Alien

The biggest concern is that our turnover of players has resulted in a one-game bounce

The young loanees, having been used to an environment of positive thinking and playing, could easily succumb to L1 relegation squad-fever - there were signs of that with Hamilton yesterday, and i'm not blaming the lad. Even EEL had a few uncertain moments, as those around him struggled and options were closed down. The final straw was Done playing a stupid ball to him with a Coventry forward breathing down his neck on the edge of the box

McLaughlin had a decent game but probably didn't train much after picking up an injury last week. He looks like a player who'll be in and out (noticeable that neither Cannon or Rafferty are making match day squads either). Our defence at least had a degree of competence whereas our midfield was hopelessly outgunned and those ahead of them left adrift, to squander the two opportunities we could muster

The 10 day break will need something special to happen with Hill's mindset because on that showing we're just not good enough for L1
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 7:51]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 08:30 - Feb 10 with 2042 viewsBazzanne

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 07:47 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

The biggest concern is that our turnover of players has resulted in a one-game bounce

The young loanees, having been used to an environment of positive thinking and playing, could easily succumb to L1 relegation squad-fever - there were signs of that with Hamilton yesterday, and i'm not blaming the lad. Even EEL had a few uncertain moments, as those around him struggled and options were closed down. The final straw was Done playing a stupid ball to him with a Coventry forward breathing down his neck on the edge of the box

McLaughlin had a decent game but probably didn't train much after picking up an injury last week. He looks like a player who'll be in and out (noticeable that neither Cannon or Rafferty are making match day squads either). Our defence at least had a degree of competence whereas our midfield was hopelessly outgunned and those ahead of them left adrift, to squander the two opportunities we could muster

The 10 day break will need something special to happen with Hill's mindset because on that showing we're just not good enough for L1

How do you expect Cannon and Rafferty to make the squad when they are no longer with us.
All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 09:30 - Feb 10 with 1959 viewsroccydaleian

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 08:30 - Feb 10 by Bazzanne

How do you expect Cannon and Rafferty to make the squad when they are no longer with us.

Think DAlien means they are not catching the squads at Portsmouth and Preston.
All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 12:05 - Feb 10 with 1799 viewsYorkshire_Dale

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 07:47 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

Your last point is pertinant.....we don't want to be stewing over that poor show for 10 days and adding to "L1 Relegation squad fever".....it will spread like Equine flu.

Get some bounce games organised .......get young Rathbone sorted, and hope we don't get any more players crocked.
All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 12:43 - Feb 10 with 1762 viewsNigeriamark

Not sure the left side of the defence has competence at the moment but the other 3 do. I think the tactics in home games is leaving a lot to be desired. On another post someone mentioned they are not sure what or who Rochdale are at home & I have to agree. I keep banging on about it but at home it seems that we start out by trying not to lose & hope something happens that gets us a win. The Wimbledon game for me is a huge one & it is about Hill’s attitude to that game. The next 10 days needs to see us practicing corners, shooting, passing forward so that we go into a game against the worst team in theleague( off the back of what will be a tough FAcup tie) and try to take them to the cleaners.

5 points between 23rd ant 16th with teams playing their games in hand before the Wimbledon game. We may be in the bottom 4 by then but this is a good opportuniy to get on track. Please Hilly, lets not play for a “good point”, we need a win
All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 13:00 - Feb 10 with 1727 viewsdingdangblue

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 09:30 - Feb 10 by roccydaleian

Think DAlien means they are not catching the squads at Portsmouth and Preston.

Must have fallen out with their managers.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 20:09 - Feb 10 with 1543 viewsDaleiLama

What we really need is to go for it. Treat it like a cup tie where it's win and progress or lose and go home. We have to find something along the lines of the spirit of the Spurs home game. Play positive forward passes, early, releasing players to make runs and get behind defences (like the pass that played Hendo in by Inman which was touched on by Calvin yesterday). We need players to step up and ask for the ball. To support each other when we have a throw in not move away from the ball. We need to vary what we do at corners. We need to win the ball in midfield. We need to give our scorers some service. We need to run with the ball and close down opponents when they have possession. We need to be much less predictable.

What I expect after yesterday is more pissing about at the back, looking for "safe" passes (square or backwards) which play team-mates into trouble and end up giving the ball away anyway, but nearer to our own goal. More slow, ponderous build up. Wimbledon will no doubt park the bus and attack us on the break. I wouldn't be shocked if we are even more timid, even more paralysed with energy-sapping fear and come away with a point at best. I hope I get to eat every single one of these words, with a slice of humble pie on the side. I also hope our inspiration comes back from somewhere. I think you are right in that it has to come from the top. It has to be Keith Hill inspiring his team to fight. We have to recover our home form somehow. It's nowhere near a mathematical crisis yet, but for me it's a crisis of confidence now. This is a test of the manager as much as the team in my eyes. He has to get the team to believe again.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 20:11]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 20:14 - Feb 10 with 1527 viewsdalenumber2

All the positivity from last week is now here in this post.. on 20:09 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

What we really need is to go for it. Treat it like a cup tie where it's win and progress or lose and go home. We have to find something along the lines of the spirit of the Spurs home game. Play positive forward passes, early, releasing players to make runs and get behind defences (like the pass that played Hendo in by Inman which was touched on by Calvin yesterday). We need players to step up and ask for the ball. To support each other when we have a throw in not move away from the ball. We need to vary what we do at corners. We need to win the ball in midfield. We need to give our scorers some service. We need to run with the ball and close down opponents when they have possession. We need to be much less predictable.

What I expect after yesterday is more pissing about at the back, looking for "safe" passes (square or backwards) which play team-mates into trouble and end up giving the ball away anyway, but nearer to our own goal. More slow, ponderous build up. Wimbledon will no doubt park the bus and attack us on the break. I wouldn't be shocked if we are even more timid, even more paralysed with energy-sapping fear and come away with a point at best. I hope I get to eat every single one of these words, with a slice of humble pie on the side. I also hope our inspiration comes back from somewhere. I think you are right in that it has to come from the top. It has to be Keith Hill inspiring his team to fight. We have to recover our home form somehow. It's nowhere near a mathematical crisis yet, but for me it's a crisis of confidence now. This is a test of the manager as much as the team in my eyes. He has to get the team to believe again.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 20:11]

Exactly this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024