Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive percies 21:12 - Feb 9 with 4025 viewsrochdaleriddler

Last week after a win, some came on here wondering why some people were quiet, inferring there are those that only come on to complain after a loss. Today after a totally gutless performance the Hillites are absent . Why?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Positive percies on 21:15 - Feb 9 with 4009 viewsJames1980

Most of the contributors after last week have contributed after today's game though.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Positive percies on 21:27 - Feb 9 with 3948 viewsDaleiLama

Possibly because there are shades of grey between black and white and people post when they have something to say?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Positive percies on 21:56 - Feb 9 with 3841 views442Dale

Positive percies on 21:27 - Feb 9 by DaleiLama

Possibly because there are shades of grey between black and white and people post when they have something to say?

Exactly.

What should be noticeable, both on here and in and around Spotland on matchdays, is the general feeling amongst supporters which exists irrespective of results. Instead of cliched hyperbole and the spin of positivity which emanates from a variety of sources who know it’s misplaced, a bit of humble acceptance that there is a real challenge ahead to address the feelings of fans would at least be a start. Until then we are meandering on towards the next three points and the waving hand emoji that apparently rights all that is patently wrong as “Morning, Dale fans” becomes the three word code that will hopefully act as some sort of memory wipe.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Positive percies on 22:02 - Feb 9 with 3815 viewsjudd

Positive percies on 21:56 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

Exactly.

What should be noticeable, both on here and in and around Spotland on matchdays, is the general feeling amongst supporters which exists irrespective of results. Instead of cliched hyperbole and the spin of positivity which emanates from a variety of sources who know it’s misplaced, a bit of humble acceptance that there is a real challenge ahead to address the feelings of fans would at least be a start. Until then we are meandering on towards the next three points and the waving hand emoji that apparently rights all that is patently wrong as “Morning, Dale fans” becomes the three word code that will hopefully act as some sort of memory wipe.

Indeed. Where are the comforting bloated self agrandisement musings of the ever so saintly Dave's Diary this week?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Positive percies on 22:08 - Feb 9 with 3787 viewsD_Alien

Positive percies on 22:02 - Feb 9 by judd

Indeed. Where are the comforting bloated self agrandisement musings of the ever so saintly Dave's Diary this week?

At least we've been spared that

When he said it was going to be a weekly feature i started wondering how i could avoid reading people quoting him on here...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Positive percies on 22:29 - Feb 9 with 3712 viewsjudd

Positive percies on 22:08 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

At least we've been spared that

When he said it was going to be a weekly feature i started wondering how i could avoid reading people quoting him on here...

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

Positive percies on 22:31 - Feb 9 with 3696 viewsD_Alien

Positive percies on 22:29 - Feb 9 by judd

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

Replacing "Team Rochdale" as a... meme

Positive percies on 22:37 - Feb 9 with 3673 viewsjudd

Positive percies on 22:31 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Replacing "Team Rochdale" as a... meme

Tyresome

Login to get fewer ads

Positive percies on 07:28 - Feb 10 with 3419 viewsBartRowou

*implying

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Positive percies on 10:05 - Feb 10 with 3244 viewsTVOS1907

Positive percies on 22:02 - Feb 9 by judd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/february/davidsdiary_090219/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Positive percies on 10:14 - Feb 10 with 3225 viewsD_Alien

Positive percies on 10:05 - Feb 10 by TVOS1907

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/february/davidsdiary_090219/

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!

Positive percies on 10:20 - Feb 10 with 3194 viewsJames1980

Positive percies on 10:14 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!

Get the slight inkling you are not a fan of Dave's Diary.

Positive percies on 10:57 - Feb 10 with 3117 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

One thing the majority of Dale Fans are, for the want of a better word is 'Proper'.

Yesterday, was about Joey T and fans and posters on this board are quick to show their class. Somethings are more important than football.

I'm sure from the mid week games onwards, normal service will be resumed :-)

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Positive percies on 11:03 - Feb 10 with 3102 viewsrochdale_ranger

Personally the disinterest I’ve got for the club I’ve supported since I was a boy is getting bigger and bigger. The amount of stubs remaining in my season ticket booklet is testament to that.
Positive percies on 11:12 - Feb 10 with 3083 viewsMoonyDale

Positive percies on 11:03 - Feb 10 by rochdale_ranger

Personally the disinterest I’ve got for the club I’ve supported since I was a boy is getting bigger and bigger. The amount of stubs remaining in my season ticket booklet is testament to that.

Exactly this.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Positive percies on 12:08 - Feb 10 with 2982 viewskiwidale

I was somewhat irritated by last weeks post regarding the non appearance of those who have been critical of Hill. I found it somewhat self righteous "I told you so" from the thread author and those who replied who blindly support Hill without any evidence, other than one win in 8 with the added implication that some of us only post when we lose and were somewhat miffed that we won. Time will tell whether Hill is the man to guide us to safety, no amount of naysayers will alter the decision to stay with Hill as manager however 1 win in 8 or 4 points from 24 with 7 for 21 against doesn't fill me with any confidence, nor does the recruitment of untested young raw talent. I'm finding it somewhat hard to be upbeat but then again I didn't post this last week after a win did I and I'm sure some one will be quick to remind me.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 12:19]

This is not the time for bickering.

Positive percies on 13:09 - Feb 10 with 2894 viewsrochdaleriddler

I’m glad next weeks game is off and I can do something better with my day

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Positive percies on 13:28 - Feb 10 with 2845 viewschalky_ncfc

If you have supported Dale since you was a boy then it's in your blood and I doubt that you are a fair weather fan so why have you stopped going,is it because of Hill or maybe the position that Dale are in the league,if it's the former then there's not much that you can to about it tbh but if it's down to the league position then now is the time that your club that needs you and others the most as the twelfth man
The season is in its final third now and you start to have an idea whether promotion or relegation is on the cards,Dale aren't in the bottom four yet so there's always hope that things will get better and at least you can say that you supported Dale through the thick and thin and not just when top six clubs get drawn out in the FA Cup

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Positive percies on 13:58 - Feb 10 with 2771 viewsrochdale_ranger

Positive percies on 13:28 - Feb 10 by chalky_ncfc

If you have supported Dale since you was a boy then it's in your blood and I doubt that you are a fair weather fan so why have you stopped going,is it because of Hill or maybe the position that Dale are in the league,if it's the former then there's not much that you can to about it tbh but if it's down to the league position then now is the time that your club that needs you and others the most as the twelfth man
The season is in its final third now and you start to have an idea whether promotion or relegation is on the cards,Dale aren't in the bottom four yet so there's always hope that things will get better and at least you can say that you supported Dale through the thick and thin and not just when top six clubs get drawn out in the FA Cup

Number of reasons really. being told to not turn up or having it said that it is in some way the fault of the supporters that the team are not performing have gone a big way towards causing my antipathy levels to go up, we've also gone from playing slick attractive football to boring sideways and backwards football. I've also moved out of the area so its not a ten minute drive up to the ground anymore and most of the lads I used to go with don't bother going anymore due to the fact that they have lost interest or have started raising families etc. I don't know who this David fella is but why does he feel the need to blog about how he has attended York games on the official site.
Positive percies on 14:11 - Feb 10 with 2739 viewsJames1980

Ok his choice of phrase wasn't the best it often isn't in interviews. But at least Hill has addressed that the fans want to be entertained. Surely that is something to been seen as a small step in the right direction, not another opportunity to bash the boss, because his post match interview wasn't reminiscent of Olivier performing Shakespeare.

Positive percies on 14:28 - Feb 10 with 2707 viewsMoonyDale

Positive percies on 12:08 - Feb 10 by kiwidale

I was somewhat irritated by last weeks post regarding the non appearance of those who have been critical of Hill. I found it somewhat self righteous "I told you so" from the thread author and those who replied who blindly support Hill without any evidence, other than one win in 8 with the added implication that some of us only post when we lose and were somewhat miffed that we won. Time will tell whether Hill is the man to guide us to safety, no amount of naysayers will alter the decision to stay with Hill as manager however 1 win in 8 or 4 points from 24 with 7 for 21 against doesn't fill me with any confidence, nor does the recruitment of untested young raw talent. I'm finding it somewhat hard to be upbeat but then again I didn't post this last week after a win did I and I'm sure some one will be quick to remind me.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 12:19]

It's a no win situation Kiwi, if anyone posts anything negative about Hill or the performance of the team the three or four rose tinted brigade jump all over them with their self righteous bollox, then when they don't post due to the bollox spouting club they get called out for not posting anything.....Doesn't bother me as such as I post what I want when I want and if they don't like it they can fk off.....But it certainly does put some people off posting what they think....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Positive percies on 14:28 - Feb 10 with 2703 viewsD_Alien

Positive percies on 14:11 - Feb 10 by James1980

Ok his choice of phrase wasn't the best it often isn't in interviews. But at least Hill has addressed that the fans want to be entertained. Surely that is something to been seen as a small step in the right direction, not another opportunity to bash the boss, because his post match interview wasn't reminiscent of Olivier performing Shakespeare.

Olivier was the shittest, hammiest thespian luvvy to walk the bourds, just about as far away from how people really act (which is surely the point?) than it's possible to get

Positive percies on 14:42 - Feb 10 with 2676 viewsJames1980

Positive percies on 14:28 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

Olivier was the shittest, hammiest thespian luvvy to walk the bourds, just about as far away from how people really act (which is surely the point?) than it's possible to get

Ah ok wrong choice of actor for my analogy. A hammie luvviesque interview from Hill would be amusing at least in a cringeworthy type of way.

Positive percies on 00:31 - Feb 11 with 2436 viewsrochdale_ranger

Positive percies on 14:28 - Feb 10 by D_Alien

The bit in Spartacus when he had his slave giving him a wash was quite erotically charged. Thought he was good in marathon man aswell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024