Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zach Clough 23:00 - Feb 9 with 8360 viewsgeraldo

What is it about ZC that Hill doesn't like - he couldn't wait for half time to substitute him even though he was one of the few who did anything positive in the first half having our only decent shot on target.
Hill seems to favour mediocrity over talent , is that because he finds the former easier to boss around?
Zach Clough on 15:33 - Feb 10 with 2601 viewsJimmyRustler

Zach Clough on 15:07 - Feb 10 by dingdangblue

Its not a trick question or even slightly controversial - all he needs to say is "is Zach Clough ok that he had to come off at ht"?

That's a pretty invasive question for our team!
Zach Clough on 15:49 - Feb 10 with 2559 viewsJames1980

Zach Clough on 15:07 - Feb 10 by dingdangblue

Its not a trick question or even slightly controversial - all he needs to say is "is Zach Clough ok that he had to come off at ht"?

You were forced into the change at half time or was it a tactical one? was the question asked.

'No, it was the right thing to start'. He had a conversation with Zach. There is a phrase I can't quite get, sounds like 'Zach found himself quite aware away than we expected match fitness' Then. 'He's been superb during the week....We wanted him to combine with IH as an offensive number 10.....We didn't get it right, I thought we looked vulnerable.'

Just seen there is a transcript of part of the interview.

“It was the right thing to start Zach, but Zach just found himself quite a way away than we expected from match fitness perspective. He has been superb during the week and we wanted him to combine with Ian Henderson as an offensive number 10, if you like, but we just didn’t get it right and I thought we looked a little bit vulnerable."

So match fitness did play a part in Clough being taken off according to that. But of course I am a complete imbecile who talks out of his privates
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 17:41]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Zach Clough on 18:09 - Feb 10 with 2385 viewsboromat

Zach Clough on 15:49 - Feb 10 by James1980

You were forced into the change at half time or was it a tactical one? was the question asked.

'No, it was the right thing to start'. He had a conversation with Zach. There is a phrase I can't quite get, sounds like 'Zach found himself quite aware away than we expected match fitness' Then. 'He's been superb during the week....We wanted him to combine with IH as an offensive number 10.....We didn't get it right, I thought we looked vulnerable.'

Just seen there is a transcript of part of the interview.

“It was the right thing to start Zach, but Zach just found himself quite a way away than we expected from match fitness perspective. He has been superb during the week and we wanted him to combine with Ian Henderson as an offensive number 10, if you like, but we just didn’t get it right and I thought we looked a little bit vulnerable."

So match fitness did play a part in Clough being taken off according to that. But of course I am a complete imbecile who talks out of his privates
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 17:41]

Think we also were missing something in midfield. Two up top wasn't working.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Zach Clough on 09:32 - Feb 11 with 2132 viewsdingdangblue

Zach Clough on 18:09 - Feb 10 by boromat

Rathbone was supposed to be back in training a couple of weeks ago - he must be close to returning unless he's had a set back that we haven't been told about.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Zach Clough on 09:45 - Feb 11 with 2119 viewsParkinsGimp

Zach Clough on 23:23 - Feb 9 by RotherhamDale

I doubt Clough would ask to be subbed unless injured.

Hill obviously wanted more width so he brought Inman on... but why not take Calvin off? Because he wins a few headers and he helps at defending corners? Wow, tactical genius Hill.

Been saying this for two seasons but get slated for it. It seems to take many a Hillite quite some time to smell the coffee.
Where's Moth when you want a positive slant on a dire team , that is League Two standard or below , bar one or two players.
Zach Clough on 12:17 - Feb 11 with 1988 viewsToffeemanc

Zach Clough on 14:42 - Feb 10 by fitzochris

The midfield would need to step up, however, to ensure they saw enough of the ball to be effective.

I genuinely believe that the midfield is this biggest issue with this current squad. For as many midfielders as we have in the squad we simply just do not have a single one who has a physical presence and is capable of dominating and controlling a game.
Its been a problem for the last two seasons and we haven't any combination of players in our midfield who are capable of controlling a game since the departures of Jamie Allen and Matty Lund.
In most games we play now we just seem to be a yard too slow and second to every ball in midfield and eventually end up getting overrun and taken apart.
It's a problem I don't think we will be able to rectify before the end of the season and combined with our toothless attack it feels to me like our relegation is sadly just a matter of time.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Zach Clough on 13:47 - Feb 11 with 1854 viewsShun

Zach Clough on 12:17 - Feb 11 by Toffeemanc

I genuinely believe that the midfield is this biggest issue with this current squad. For as many midfielders as we have in the squad we simply just do not have a single one who has a physical presence and is capable of dominating and controlling a game.
Its been a problem for the last two seasons and we haven't any combination of players in our midfield who are capable of controlling a game since the departures of Jamie Allen and Matty Lund.
In most games we play now we just seem to be a yard too slow and second to every ball in midfield and eventually end up getting overrun and taken apart.
It's a problem I don't think we will be able to rectify before the end of the season and combined with our toothless attack it feels to me like our relegation is sadly just a matter of time.

From the way Hill was talking about Keohane it seems like he expects him to be the physical presence you speak of. God knows how far from fitness he is though.
Zach Clough on 18:05 - Feb 11 with 1731 viewsNorthernDale

I think Clough problem could be due to a mixture of his injuries he as suffered and a lack of confidence, after going to Forest as a big money signing and be sidelined by them, this may have affected him mentally and as a consequence impacting on his confidence on the pitch..

I would persist with him, because unlike Calvin he is a goalscorer, I would to ask KH what does he see in Calvin, because he poor in most games and yet is still picked by KH, and even worse keeps on for 90 minutes. I looked at how EEL got into the box and ruffled the defenders and goalkeeper, whilst Calvin generally stands on the edge of the box waiting for the ball to come to him, rather then getting into the box and making a nuisance of himself.
Login to get fewer ads

Zach Clough on 01:35 - Feb 12 with 1490 viewsCanaDale

Zach Clough on 23:03 - Feb 9 by RotherhamDale

I don't know why he bothered coming back. Maybe he just couldn't wait to play alongside Calvin again.

I’d much prefer JW up front, puts a shift in and looked to be improving on the few games I’ve seen him in.
Zach Clough on 08:07 - Feb 12 with 1395 viewsaleanddale

Zach Clough on 18:09 - Feb 10 by boromat

I thought we played an odd formation first half that left Clough up top on his own isolated.

He was never going to trouble Coventry with no support.

We are in a pickle for sure and these next 18 points to get to 52 and a chance of survival will need grinding out.

Just how do you pull out of a negative tailspin... its going to be tough but not impossible.
Zach Clough on 11:22 - Feb 12 with 1286 viewsdawlishdale

Zach Clough on 08:07 - Feb 12 by aleanddale

I thought we played an odd formation first half that left Clough up top on his own isolated.

He was never going to trouble Coventry with no support.

We are in a pickle for sure and these next 18 points to get to 52 and a chance of survival will need grinding out.

Just how do you pull out of a negative tailspin... its going to be tough but not impossible.

This was my take on how we lined up as well. Clough was completely isolated, with Henderson and Andrew some 20 yards behind him. Absolutely not how he played at Bolton when he attracted attention from Forest .

It never looked like working. Had I been in charge, and faced with the same team selection, I would have played Andrew centrally up front, with Clough and Hendo feeding from any headers he may have won.
As it was, Clough had little to no service, Andrew looked like a fish out of water, and Hendo was wasted in midfield (again)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024