Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker 17:12 - Feb 11 with 7425 viewsJames1980

At the end of the interview after the Coventry game Hill was asked basically will we stay up.

He said that every season Dale are in League 1 is a miracle. I expect that won't go down particularly well with some.
I believe that what he said is realistic.
But am I wrong and is he an arrogant onanist who is basically claiming to work miracles?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:24 - Feb 11 with 5951 viewsSunningDale

Why do you insist on hammering the same point over and over and over......?

Some fans don't like Hill
Some fans have their tongue stuck so far up his arse and he can do no wrong in their eyes
Most fans lie somewhere in between.

Please drop it.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:24 - Feb 11 with 5948 viewsMolly

James, James,James, what are you doing?

You are asking a question which if you think about it cannot be answered definitively.

You are asking a question which has done nothing but promote argument on this board.

You are asking a question which has been done to death for the last 18 months.

Why?????
Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:40 - Feb 11 with 5860 views442Dale

It’s not a miracle that we compete in League 1. We have for a number of seasons.

The issues we have are of our own making and absolutely nothing to do with budgets/crowds/sizes of other clubs in the division. For anyone to claim otherwise would be wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:42 - Feb 11 with 5846 viewsfrenzied

James......take a deep breath let the joy of being a Dale fan flow across your very soul.

I wish the club every success but as a priority in my life for example it’s a long way down..I have no interest in micro analysing everything that goes on at Dale.

James ..you I’m sure have better things to mull over!

Relax ..don’t do it..as someone once said.....
Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:57 - Feb 11 with 5802 viewsDaleiLama

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:40 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

It’s not a miracle that we compete in League 1. We have for a number of seasons.

The issues we have are of our own making and absolutely nothing to do with budgets/crowds/sizes of other clubs in the division. For anyone to claim otherwise would be wrong.

I agree - it wasn't a miracle but a job spectacularly well done by all concerned to have us competing at the top end of the league for a prolonged spell. Everything was being done well consistently, much like a less spectacular version of Leicester, which also wasn't a miracle, but an example of all the stars aligning to create a perfect storm in a single season.

What we are seeing now is everything misaligning to create a team that hasn't functioned as one consistently for a couple of seasons.

No amount of words from anyone will change any of this either. We need results now.

I agree with several of the replies to this post too - most posters have made their views clear on the gaffer and flogging a dead horse (much like the way the last two seasons have felt in large parts) is an exercise in flogging a dead horse. One last time (not directed at you 442) - we need results!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 18:01 - Feb 11 with 5794 viewsJames1980

My point was basically one comment can be taken completely differently depends what spin is put on it

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 18:38 - Feb 11 with 5701 viewsArthurDaley

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:42 - Feb 11 by frenzied

James......take a deep breath let the joy of being a Dale fan flow across your very soul.

I wish the club every success but as a priority in my life for example it’s a long way down..I have no interest in micro analysing everything that goes on at Dale.

James ..you I’m sure have better things to mull over!

Relax ..don’t do it..as someone once said.....

I'm with frenzied on this one.

A large VAT Dave

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 19:30 - Feb 11 with 5562 viewschalky_ncfc

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 18:01 - Feb 11 by James1980

My point was basically one comment can be taken completely differently depends what spin is put on it

You tell em James

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Login to get fewer ads

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 20:03 - Feb 11 with 5477 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Hill getting us to the fringe of the play offs, was him being a miracle worker.

Hill trying to brain wash the public that we are lucky to be in League One, is clap trap to suit his agenda and cover two years of dross!

His destruction of the team over the past two years is spectacular.

I fully expect us to be cemented in the bottom 4 after the next 3 games, a position that we will not recover from.

If he remains in place for the remainder of his contract, he will be trying to convince us, keeping our League status is a miracle.

Sadly, the bloke has lost the plot!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 07:51 - Feb 12 with 5054 viewspioneer

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 20:03 - Feb 11 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Hill getting us to the fringe of the play offs, was him being a miracle worker.

Hill trying to brain wash the public that we are lucky to be in League One, is clap trap to suit his agenda and cover two years of dross!

His destruction of the team over the past two years is spectacular.

I fully expect us to be cemented in the bottom 4 after the next 3 games, a position that we will not recover from.

If he remains in place for the remainder of his contract, he will be trying to convince us, keeping our League status is a miracle.

Sadly, the bloke has lost the plot!

Please no, dont let the big man think he is a miracle worker... hate to think what that would do to his ego. There are no miracles in football , just well managed and high performing teams that sometimes exceed expectations. Those involved deserve great credit but not beatification.
Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 08:01 - Feb 12 with 5041 viewsfrenzied

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 18:38 - Feb 11 by ArthurDaley

I'm with frenzied on this one.

Very Good ArthurDaley….

Why is it watching that young lady cavort with those men does the phrase "spare one at a wedding" come to mind?

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 08:16 - Feb 12 with 5019 viewsaleanddale

Hill is a little bit of all the OP title of the thread.

Summat is up and i am dont know what it is or how much KH contributes to the problem.

Survival was always a mantra in league 2 ( for years we raised a glass to 50 points in the 4th tier ).

Expectation levels through the roof combined with bang average players is playing havoc with the feel good factor.

I do think we will be up against it to get out of this mess but the process starts on Tuesday at Spotland v Wimbledon and 3 points really does the world of good so heres hoping.
Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 09:40 - Feb 12 with 4944 viewsblackdogblue

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 19:30 - Feb 11 by chalky_ncfc

You tell em James

Valentine’s Day is Thursday, presume you 2 will be swapping cards?

😀😀😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 10:49 - Feb 12 with 4869 viewsChaffRAFC

We are here on merit. We've been here on merit for a number of years to the point where most of our younger base won't remember us struggling in the Division below.

This last couple of years has been awful. This is only down to Hill. His recruitment has been awful and his decision making has cost us week in, week out. All the issues have been done to death on here but the bottom line is that this is, for the most part, on him.

The same spark that he had in his first spell and first half of his second spell just isn't there anymore. The "No Fear" attitude is dead. We all had T-shirts of that made up and we couldn't be further from that mindset now. We played fast, attractive football and now we don't. We shit ourselves against most opponents and that stems from the teamsheet when we used to think, bollocks to the opposition, we'll line up to have a go regardless.

I've seen this with Manchester United and Mourinho, United aren't a negative side but Jose turned them into one and changed his philosophy from the fast attack minded football he used to play before he went to Inter Milan and it didn't work.

The constant stories of player unrest at Dale is alarming and the constant sniping at fans from the manager and keeping stuff from fans is bordering on pathetic.

Our once adored manager, our cool as f*** manager who didn't fear anyone or anything has become a negative, miserable and even bitter manager and it's costing us every week in results and will cost us our League One status.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 10:57 - Feb 12 with 4852 viewspioneer

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 09:40 - Feb 12 by blackdogblue

Valentine’s Day is Thursday, presume you 2 will be swapping cards?

😀😀😀😀

why stop at cards?
Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 11:13 - Feb 12 with 4837 viewschalky_ncfc

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 10:57 - Feb 12 by pioneer

why stop at cards?

Aannnnd up he pops

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 12:21 - Feb 12 with 4763 viewsParkinsGimp

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 10:49 - Feb 12 by ChaffRAFC

We are here on merit. We've been here on merit for a number of years to the point where most of our younger base won't remember us struggling in the Division below.

This last couple of years has been awful. This is only down to Hill. His recruitment has been awful and his decision making has cost us week in, week out. All the issues have been done to death on here but the bottom line is that this is, for the most part, on him.

The same spark that he had in his first spell and first half of his second spell just isn't there anymore. The "No Fear" attitude is dead. We all had T-shirts of that made up and we couldn't be further from that mindset now. We played fast, attractive football and now we don't. We shit ourselves against most opponents and that stems from the teamsheet when we used to think, bollocks to the opposition, we'll line up to have a go regardless.

I've seen this with Manchester United and Mourinho, United aren't a negative side but Jose turned them into one and changed his philosophy from the fast attack minded football he used to play before he went to Inter Milan and it didn't work.

The constant stories of player unrest at Dale is alarming and the constant sniping at fans from the manager and keeping stuff from fans is bordering on pathetic.

Our once adored manager, our cool as f*** manager who didn't fear anyone or anything has become a negative, miserable and even bitter manager and it's costing us every week in results and will cost us our League One status.

Spot on Chaff
Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 13:38 - Feb 12 with 4652 viewsMoonyDale

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 10:49 - Feb 12 by ChaffRAFC

I'm with Chaff on this one, summed it up perfectly......And I still have my No Fear T Shirt in it's wrapper somewhere.....Might see if Hilly wants to borrow it for the run in...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:21 - Feb 12 with 4466 viewsJames1980

It saddens me that people think I was trying to cause trouble that was never my intention. This was supposed to be about how a comment by a manager can be taken in very different contexts.

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:34 - Feb 12 with 4453 viewsfitzochris

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:21 - Feb 12 by James1980

It saddens me that people think I was trying to cause trouble that was never my intention. This was supposed to be about how a comment by a manager can be taken in very different contexts.

A bit like your post then?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 17:56 - Feb 12 with 4406 viewsMolly

James, I firmly believe that you were not deliberately trying to cause trouble. You don't seem to be that type of person.
I also firmly believe that it is extremely short sighted of you to not think that your post could cause trouble by its very nature.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 17:57]
Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 19:09 - Feb 12 with 4283 viewsblackdogblue

James, I may be off the mark here mate but I do actually feel for you in some ways.

Technically your an exile, living in a foreign land who supports a non local team. I’m sat in the pub less than a mile away from the ground having a few beers with the lads and can talk about Utd vs PSG, Scholes failing at the Biffos or things related to the Dale. If you went into your local I would guess most of your mates say who the fook are Rochdale?. Not sure where u live mate but there must be a local or bigger club locally if not more?

I do commend your dedication to get involved with a network of Dale fans and believe me when I say, there are many Uncle Knobeads on here (Peter Kay, top local comedian bit from Bolton so no life there😀)

You post, you defend, I think some of what you say is honest, your polls are sometime annoying, but sometimes you can talk drivel but I do think you do it because you care and who else can you talk to?

I get stick on here like we all do, stick to your guns when you have something to contribute but would lie low for a while, stop starting threads & contribute. Also I would honestly say I would have a few beers with you mate, you do talk sense 49% of the time...

Ps, Am I invited to yours & Chalkys engagement party?

😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 21:11 - Feb 12 with 4144 viewsMolly

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 19:09 - Feb 12 by blackdogblue

James, I may be off the mark here mate but I do actually feel for you in some ways.

Technically your an exile, living in a foreign land who supports a non local team. I’m sat in the pub less than a mile away from the ground having a few beers with the lads and can talk about Utd vs PSG, Scholes failing at the Biffos or things related to the Dale. If you went into your local I would guess most of your mates say who the fook are Rochdale?. Not sure where u live mate but there must be a local or bigger club locally if not more?

I do commend your dedication to get involved with a network of Dale fans and believe me when I say, there are many Uncle Knobeads on here (Peter Kay, top local comedian bit from Bolton so no life there😀)

You post, you defend, I think some of what you say is honest, your polls are sometime annoying, but sometimes you can talk drivel but I do think you do it because you care and who else can you talk to?

I get stick on here like we all do, stick to your guns when you have something to contribute but would lie low for a while, stop starting threads & contribute. Also I would honestly say I would have a few beers with you mate, you do talk sense 49% of the time...

Ps, Am I invited to yours & Chalkys engagement party?

😀

BDB I am usually diametrically opposed to the sentiment of most of your posts. In this case however (IMO) your message to James is absolutely spot on. *

* Apart from getting engaged to Chalky.
Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 21:47 - Feb 12 with 4096 viewschalky_ncfc

James will be relieved that I don't walk down that side of the street but I'm somewhat suspicious of bdb and pioneers obsession with it

Realist/Arrogant big head/Miracle worker on 00:06 - Feb 13 with 3934 viewsSandyman

Re: Chaff's earlier splendid post:From

To:

[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 0:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024