Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A summer of change? 17:36 - Feb 16 with 8954 viewsChaffRAFC

Depending on which division we're in obviously, I suspect we could see major changes in the summer. Here's a list of the players who are out of contract:

Matt Done
Brad Inman
Jim McNulty
Aaron Morley (May have an extension clause)
Kgosi Ntlhe
Oliver Rathbone (May have an extension clause)
Aaron Wilbraham
Jordan Williams
Jimmy Keohane
Brad Wade (May have an extension clause)

Which only leaves the following contracted:

Calvin Andrew
Daniel Adshead
Callum Camps
Ryan Delaney
Stephen Dooley
Matty Gillam
Ian Henderson
Josh Lillis
MJ Williams
Ryan McLaughlin

If I'm being honest, regardless of division, I'd be releasing most of the players out of contract with the exception of Rathbone. Done could possibly do a job in League Two but hasn't been the same player since we re-signed him and has done nothing to justify being offered a deal.

Obviously, we have no idea about Jimmy Keohane but I wouldn't lose sleep over any of the others leaving.

If my list is incorrect, by all means pull me up on that.

Any one else have any thoughts?

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

A summer of change? on 13:09 - Feb 18 with 1323 viewsChaffRAFC

A summer of change? on 17:59 - Feb 16 by leedsdale

I’ve got Calvin contracted until 2020 but I think the rest are correct.

I tend to agree with you about the release list, but I would keep Morley too. He needs an opportunity, but is still only young so I can’t imagine his wages will be too high. A real chance to get the squad down to a more manageable size, with a focus on quality over quantity

This may be my least favourite post ever.

Genuinely upset we might have to watch him next season as well.

That's like thinking you've got a £20 note in your wallet and realizing you've spent it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

A summer of change? on 13:15 - Feb 18 with 1289 viewsJames1980

Was Andrew offered to any clubs as a loan player? That would have freed up part of his wage at least.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A summer of change? on 13:52 - Feb 18 with 1205 viewselectricblue

A summer of change? on 07:41 - Feb 18 by EllDale

If, and it's a big if of course, we were to go down with the resultant loss of revenue, would that hasten the departure of youngsters like Adshead?
I would suspect that Done, Inman and Wilbraham are on bigger wages than Andrew so I couldn't quite understand how they weren't hawked around as publically during the last transfer window?

If Done, Inman, Wilbraham went in the summer what would that free up in the wages dept £7.5k a week it may not seem much but thats £30k a mth now thats a fair chunk....
Its even a bigger chunk over 12mths at £360k....

So would the board be looking at knocking that amount from the wages budget next season and possibly even more....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

A summer of change? on 16:40 - Feb 18 with 1109 views49thseason

A summer of change? on 13:52 - Feb 18 by electricblue

If Done, Inman, Wilbraham went in the summer what would that free up in the wages dept £7.5k a week it may not seem much but thats £30k a mth now thats a fair chunk....

So would the board be looking at knocking that amount from the wages budget next season and possibly even more....

I would cheerfully swap those 3 and their salaries for a proper centre forward capable of hitting the back of the net on a regular basis.
A summer of change? on 19:24 - Feb 18 with 945 viewsnordenblue

A summer of change? on 13:52 - Feb 18 by electricblue

I'm thinking your figures are quite a bit on the conservative side...both Done and Wilbraham came down from the championship,and Peterborough have never been scared to pay decent wages too.
A summer of change? on 19:41 - Feb 18 with 917 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

A summer of change? on 15:41 - Feb 17 by Shun

Why will we more than likely be in League Two next year? We’re coming towards the end of the season and we’ve spent a grand total of 4 days in the bottom 4 all season.

We only have to spend one more day in the bottom four to be relegated tbf..

From April onwards, I cant see us getting a point!

As I cant the next two away games, which gives us a 6 game window to get 18 points.

Which in our present form seems highly unlikely.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

A summer of change? on 19:45 - Feb 18 with 910 viewselectricblue

But didnt Done get a pay off from Sheff Utd when got his contract mutually ended and this enabled Dale to offer a contract which he signed........

I cannot see Done, Inman, wilbraham earning more than £30k a mth between them...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

A summer of change? on 20:27 - Feb 18 with 856 viewsblackdogblue

A summer of change? on 19:45 - Feb 18 by electricblue

But didnt Done get a pay off from Sheff Utd when got his contract mutually ended and this enabled Dale to offer a contract which he signed........

I cannot see Done, Inman, wilbraham earning more than £30k a mth between them...

If I want a laugh, go to transfermarkt.co.uk

Zach aside, Matty Done is our highest value played at £400k plus...

They must get their values somewhere else than Fifa19?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

A summer of change? on 20:43 - Feb 18 with 827 viewsnordenblue

A summer of change? on 19:45 - Feb 18 by electricblue

He did get a pay off from Sheff Utd but he's hardly going to play for seriously less money than he could/would demand from various other clubs though regardless.
There's players earning well over 10k a week to play league 1 football not to mention the league above, 2.5k a week for ex championship players is peanuts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024