Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 18:50 - Feb 19 with 27159 viewsSaxonDale

Match thread on 23:00 - Feb 19 with 3520 viewsdale_spotland

Match thread on 22:47 - Feb 19 by Shun

EEL? Heā€™s had one poor game since he joined us (tonight), and even then he scored!

And regarding your 95% of the league comment, if that were true weā€™d be where Wimbledon are.

I can see where youā€™re coming from with EEL, I just disagree. Heā€™s certainly a better signing than the 2 fullbacks brought in though.

Hereā€™s hoping tonight was just an out of character disaster.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Match thread on 23:01 - Feb 19 with 3518 viewsrochdaleriddler

Anyway tonight was a free hit, wait till we start playing teams at the bottom and then see wher we are. ........oh hang on
Special mention for the officials tonight, absolutely dire.
I feel depressed after watching us tonight, awful defending
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 23:04]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread on 23:01 - Feb 19 with 3514 viewsDaleiLama

I expected Sweetmore to have had Ennio Morricone accompanying us off the field at FT. We certainly had the best part of 100 minutes of the good, the bad and the grotesquely ugly on the pitch.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 23:03]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread on 23:06 - Feb 19 with 3451 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 23:00 - Feb 19 by dale_spotland

I can see where youā€™re coming from with EEL, I just disagree. Heā€™s certainly a better signing than the 2 fullbacks brought in though.

Hereā€™s hoping tonight was just an out of character disaster.

I'm afraid he's being dragged down by the lack of quality around him. He'll be used to having a ready outlet but now has to make a hasty decision and the sure-footed confidence he started with seems to be draining away

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 23:07 - Feb 19 with 3435 viewsjudd

Got to hear Sometimes by Gerry Cinnamon pre match, which was my highlight.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread on 23:10 - Feb 19 with 3386 viewsrochdale_ranger

Iā€™m not going to come on here and have a go despite the fact we have been beaten by the worst team in the league because in a week or two when we scrape a draw or a win Iā€™ll be accused by some of only flocking in here when we lose but thank fook I didnā€™t go tonight.
Match thread on 23:10 - Feb 19 with 3389 views49thseason

Poor again tonight, a yard slower all over the pitch, lightweight, lacking in bite, and aggression, too many players stood still or with their backs to the opposition , sloppy passing, poor corners.and the distinct smell of fear and relegation.

McNulty is a liability, Camps is not a defensive midfielder, Bunny still can't pick up a runner, McLaughlin cant tackle, no one moves when we get the ball. Hamilton did OK once he started running towards their goal. Henderson scored but was unable to affect the game, Pike was ok For 45 minutes, Done ... no pace, no guile, no
Intelligence. Dooley looks up and no one has moved and he ends up playing square. EEL did OK . Keeper looks rusty, Hill has built a team that cant kick the skin off the proverbial rice pudding. No one fears us, Everyone thinks they can beat us and they usually do. Why do we never sign any players who are athletic and are big enough not to be pushed around? L1 is not the place for little lads who physically dont match up to the opposition. We play at the pace and intensity of a pre-season friendly, Wimbledon played like their lives depended on it and simply ran over us.
Match thread on 23:12 - Feb 19 with 3369 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread on 22:55 - Feb 19 by nordenblue

He was in tears and had to be picked up and almost carried off by Calvin at the final whistle, held his hands up to take the blame for the pen, but let's get something straight,he can't be held responsible at all for that shower of absolute gutless shite that's thrown together on the pitch.

We looked clueless at 2.2 and should have made changes much much earlier and not waited to go behind,and taken the game to them,but yet again simply chose to let the game pass us by without a fight.

Feel gutted for him hearing that at least it will be something that he learns from. Were the crowd overly harsh on him?
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 23:15 - Feb 19 with 3327 viewsleedsdale

Match thread on 23:12 - Feb 19 by rochdale_ranger

Feel gutted for him hearing that at least it will be something that he learns from. Were the crowd overly harsh on him?

Not at all, he was clapped off but not sure he was listening.

On the subject of crowds, a word for the excellent Wimbledon fans who didnā€™t stop singing all game Ć°Åøā€˜Ā
Help on 23:19 - Feb 19 with 3282 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Help on 21:52 - Feb 19 by swiggy

Wimbledon scored 4 against us, our defence is a complete embarassment

....and Man of the Match is a loan Goalkeeper who has just let in 4 goals ? Yes he probably saved us from another 4 at least.......where are are our own players?

No passion no fight nothing........where is Hill tonight what has he to say on this shambles?
Match thread on 23:24 - Feb 19 with 3241 viewsDaleFan7

As others have said we were second best all over the pitch to the worst team in the league (so far).

10 defeats in 17 home games is pathetic. As is out goal difference. We're averaging 0.8 points a game at home. Cant see a way out of this mess.
Match thread on 23:26 - Feb 19 with 3214 viewsNorthernDale

I must say we were better going forward in comparison to more recent games, but defensively we a mixture of incompetence and poor decision making, Mclaughlin played well, but seems unable to last 90 minutes either due fitness or injuries, Mcnulty is experienced but slow and EEL is doing his best to hold the defence together, I thought Bunney had a decent game, but our defence was wide open time and time again, with little support from our midfield.

KH failed to change tactics to effect the game and it was a bad move to bring Matherson on in such a crucial game, he could have brought on Delaney or Andrew into the defence, when he decided to take Mclaughlin off, and move to three central defenders , with vastly more experience then Matherson. The mistake for the penalty could have a negative impact on young Matherson confidence and how he develops, and all because of KH poor decision making.

It is the first time all season that I feel we are going down, because we cannot stop conceding poor goals and with Plymouth, Luton , Accrington, Portsmouth and Sunderland coming up, it now looks that our league 1 status is looking in doubt. I hope to god that I am proved wrong.
Match thread on 23:42 - Feb 19 with 3093 viewsYorkshire_Dale

"we looked vulnerable defensively tonight"........you don't say, as we are dicked another 4 goals!

"Get the intelligence and balance right and we will be ok"........was he watching us or Liverpool on Sky?
Match thread on 23:54 - Feb 19 with 3028 viewsD_Dale

Match thread on 23:42 - Feb 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

"we looked vulnerable defensively tonight"........you don't say, as we are dicked another 4 goals!

"Get the intelligence and balance right and we will be ok"........was he watching us or Liverpool on Sky?

Has anyone any appetite for the highlights?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11642402/rochdale-3-4-afc-
Match thread on 00:28 - Feb 20 with 2880 viewsMolly

Match thread on 21:49 - Feb 19 by Dale23years

Get this C.u.n.t (and I hate that word) out of our club, hes a total embarrassment.

You should feel ashamed of yourself. You are a disgrace who seems to have an inadequacy in using the English language on what is an open forum used by women and children. I am a 70 year old thick skinned male who finds your use of language simply pathetic. Have you considered however that there are some who could well be upset or offended by your use of crude foul language.
You claim that you hate the word you used. Why use it then? Is it for effect or are you simply incapable of expressing your thoughts and feelings in a way which explains what you want to say without having to resort to the language of the gutter?
I see that elsewhere on this thread you resort to crudity as a response to another poster. You may well do the same to me which would honestly be like "water off a ducks' back", but I would simply ask that you think before you post . Would the female and young relatives in your family appreciate reading such language?
Match thread on 00:39 - Feb 20 with 2815 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread on 00:28 - Feb 20 by Molly

You should feel ashamed of yourself. You are a disgrace who seems to have an inadequacy in using the English language on what is an open forum used by women and children. I am a 70 year old thick skinned male who finds your use of language simply pathetic. Have you considered however that there are some who could well be upset or offended by your use of crude foul language.
You claim that you hate the word you used. Why use it then? Is it for effect or are you simply incapable of expressing your thoughts and feelings in a way which explains what you want to say without having to resort to the language of the gutter?
I see that elsewhere on this thread you resort to crudity as a response to another poster. You may well do the same to me which would honestly be like "water off a ducks' back", but I would simply ask that you think before you post . Would the female and young relatives in your family appreciate reading such language?

Go in Kokos or the littern tree on a Saturday night the bints in Rochdale are the subsection of the population least offended by bad language. You do sound quite thin skinned by the way.
Match thread on 00:46 - Feb 20 with 2796 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 23:54 - Feb 19 by D_Dale

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11642402/rochdale-3-4-afc-

Why on earth didn't Dooley shoot when he burst through? We were ahead 1-0, if the shot was saved we might've got the rebound, and it's then a different game. But no... just give someone else the responsibility. I can't imagine he grew up kicking the ball around the schoolyard with his mates and doing that, so why do that when it really matters? It's almost anti-football

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 01:10 - Feb 20 with 2748 viewsSandyman

Well, what a game. Two teams going for it. One was sharper, cuter, and bottom of the league. T'other team played much better than we've seen at Spotland in a long while but were, yet again, utterly gormless in defence despite yet another MOTM performance by a loanee 'keeper. A team who's played twice to our 0 looked sharper, keener and fitter.
Usual post-match inquest with fellow Daleys ensues.
The "Greatest Manager Ever" (GME) has seen HIS side concede 4 goals in a game five times out of 17 games at home this season in the league. Is that a record, TVOS ? (Deliberately left Man City in the Checkatrade out)
The GME has seen us concede 4 or more goals away three times in the league this season.
The GME has seen us concede 67 goals in the league this season, ten more than anybody else.
More than two a game. On these stats we pretty much concede 4 in a game every fourth game.
The defensive organisation of the GME is bloody awful. It was bad last season, it's worse now.His team, his fault.
We've seen managers in the past stick with their "favourites" to the detriment of the team. Those that cannot be dropped. Barrow with Farrell and Leonard springs to mind. We have the same now with Hill and Camps. Camps is innefectual and a liability but the GME will not see it.
BluesDale said earlier in the thread "Apparently no League 1 team have lost more games from leading positions this season than we have." That's worrying. If so, we were of that ilk last season as well.
Nothing, absolutely nothing has been learned from our lucky escape from relegation in 2017/18.GME was given a 30% increase in budget for players and has done nothing with it, just like the previous four transfer windows.(Ā£100k wasted on Williams 11 for example) .4 points from the last possible 27 c/o GME is going to get us relegated. The manager is entirely culpable.
At any other club with a scintilla of ambition, he would have been sacked. RAFC clearly has none and is going back to the wallowing, feeble "poor little Rochdale" nonsense we put up with yonks ago. The CEO indicated as much at the directors forum last January, despite RAFC declaring a Ā£1million + PROFIT in the accounts when they were last released.
CBA at the COA is the order of the day, quite obviously. He was the "GME". He isn't in 2019. Fans in The Sandy tried to get going when the momentum was with us. GME can't moan about that. The "KHBA" chant hardly ever surfaces these days and has precious few contributors.
Understandable.
Match thread on 06:09 - Feb 20 with 2586 viewsNewbury_Dale

Great post. The magic has gone, pure and simple.
Match thread on 06:28 - Feb 20 with 2542 viewsinthenet

I think Hill needs to go on gardening leave until the end of the season , we really need someone's in to try a new approach before it's too late...sorry Keith you've lost it .

Rastrickblue

Match thread on 06:36 - Feb 20 with 2523 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Match thread on 23:10 - Feb 19 by rochdale_ranger

Iā€™m not going to come on here and have a go despite the fact we have been beaten by the worst team in the league because in a week or two when we scrape a draw or a win Iā€™ll be accused by some of only flocking in here when we lose but thank fook I didnā€™t go tonight.

Meant to mark up.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match thread on 07:08 - Feb 20 with 2437 viewsnordenblue

Match thread on 06:28 - Feb 20 by inthenet

I think Hill needs to go on gardening leave until the end of the season , we really need someone's in to try a new approach before it's too late...sorry Keith you've lost it .

I wouldn't be against that idea,I just think a better time could well have been before the last transfer window,giving whoever came in a bit of movement of their own, there's no denying he's not getting anywhere near the best out of this current group of players, the same could be said about last years
Match thread on 07:18 - Feb 20 with 2412 viewsJames1980

Until another manager achieves more with Dale than Hill he will be the best manager the club has had. That obviously doesn't stop the last 2 seasons (cup run aside) being painful to watch. But not sure all the blame should laid at Mr Hill's door. Surely the players have a responsibility to carry out was is expected of them when they cross the white line.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread on 07:58 - Feb 20 with 2286 viewstruenorth

Match thread on 23:54 - Feb 19 by D_Dale

Knee slide, face plant

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Match thread on 08:34 - Feb 20 with 2172 viewsmidlandsdale

Match thread on 07:18 - Feb 20 by James1980

Until another manager achieves more with Dale than Hill he will be the best manager the club has had. That obviously doesn't stop the last 2 seasons (cup run aside) being painful to watch. But not sure all the blame should laid at Mr Hill's door. Surely the players have a responsibility to carry out was is expected of them when they cross the white line.

Are you on a cut of his transfer deals!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024