Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 18:50 - Feb 19 with 27241 viewsSaxonDale

Match thread on 15:46 - Feb 20 with 2083 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 01:10 - Feb 20 by Sandyman

Well, what a game. Two teams going for it. One was sharper, cuter, and bottom of the league. T'other team played much better than we've seen at Spotland in a long while but were, yet again, utterly gormless in defence despite yet another MOTM performance by a loanee 'keeper. A team who's played twice to our 0 looked sharper, keener and fitter.
Usual post-match inquest with fellow Daleys ensues.
The "Greatest Manager Ever" (GME) has seen HIS side concede 4 goals in a game five times out of 17 games at home this season in the league. Is that a record, TVOS ? (Deliberately left Man City in the Checkatrade out)
The GME has seen us concede 4 or more goals away three times in the league this season.
The GME has seen us concede 67 goals in the league this season, ten more than anybody else.
More than two a game. On these stats we pretty much concede 4 in a game every fourth game.
The defensive organisation of the GME is bloody awful. It was bad last season, it's worse now.His team, his fault.
We've seen managers in the past stick with their "favourites" to the detriment of the team. Those that cannot be dropped. Barrow with Farrell and Leonard springs to mind. We have the same now with Hill and Camps. Camps is innefectual and a liability but the GME will not see it.
BluesDale said earlier in the thread "Apparently no League 1 team have lost more games from leading positions this season than we have." That's worrying. If so, we were of that ilk last season as well.
Nothing, absolutely nothing has been learned from our lucky escape from relegation in 2017/18.GME was given a 30% increase in budget for players and has done nothing with it, just like the previous four transfer windows.(ÂŁ100k wasted on Williams 11 for example) .4 points from the last possible 27 c/o GME is going to get us relegated. The manager is entirely culpable.
At any other club with a scintilla of ambition, he would have been sacked. RAFC clearly has none and is going back to the wallowing, feeble "poor little Rochdale" nonsense we put up with yonks ago. The CEO indicated as much at the directors forum last January, despite RAFC declaring a ÂŁ1million + PROFIT in the accounts when they were last released.
CBA at the COA is the order of the day, quite obviously. He was the "GME". He isn't in 2019. Fans in The Sandy tried to get going when the momentum was with us. GME can't moan about that. The "KHBA" chant hardly ever surfaces these days and has precious few contributors.
Understandable.

Sorry, Sandy, only just caught up with this.

It's not yet a record, as in 1931/32 we saw:

Hull 3-6
Tranmere 3-6
Wrexham 2-4
Halifax 1-4
Barrow 0-6
York 3-5
Lincoln 3-5
Rotherham 1-4

In 1930/31, we saw:

Nelson 5-4
Wigan B 0-4
Doncaster 3-5
Southport 0-4
Accrington 1-6

What we might have just seen, though, is the first time we have had three opposing players score hat-tricks at Spotland in the same season, but this is still to be confirmed.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread on 16:02 - Feb 20 with 2037 viewsmacro

Match thread on 15:31 - Feb 20 by BFC1885

Being an outsider I have just dismissed the Rochdale fans complaints about Hill as bad treatment of a man they owe much to. A bit like Arsenal fans with Wenger.
Had a good look around the past week or so and I now realise that you're right and he is the problem and he doesn't seem to be concerned about the possibility of a relegation.
What ever happens next I don't know, but I think that Mr. Dunphy's hasty retreat must have been a sign of the way things are at your club. I couldn't understand why the best chairman in the lower leagues left halfway through the season.
Hope you sort it out smartish like, and I hope you're still in league one next year as it looks like we may be back.
Good luck with or without Keith.

I reckon Hill could have us in the bottom 2 of League 2 and he’d still be in charge. He seems to be viewed as the messiah by the powers that be.
Match thread on 16:12 - Feb 20 with 1985 views49thseason

Match thread on 13:23 - Feb 20 by James1980

Are you saying a new manager will keep us up?

Alex Ferguson , Bobby Robson and Bill Shankley combined couldnt keep this lot up.
We are on our 4th keeper, out 4th right back, our 4th left back, the umpteenth centre half pairing, we play an attacking midfielder in front of the back four, our non scoring centre forward is our best defender, our best striker plays in midfield, we have a ÂŁ3m striker on loan but cant get him in the squad,. Our new right back is always pretending to be injured, and we have a left back who we were delighted to sell because he isnt a defender. Its a complete shambles. Most teams are built on a spine of solid professionals that play week in week out, ours is apparently built by picking names and positions from two hats and hoping for the best.
Match thread on 16:34 - Feb 20 with 1932 viewsJames1980

If that is the case would it not be better to stick with Hill and have less to pay him in May/June and a new management team start from scratch in the closed season?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread on 18:04 - Feb 20 with 1803 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread on 16:02 - Feb 20 by macro

I reckon Hill could have us in the bottom 2 of League 2 and he’d still be in charge. He seems to be viewed as the messiah by the powers that be.

And some fans, I was saying in the Sandy last night he needs sacking, and a bloke nearby said it’s not Hill’s fault , the board haven’t given him enough money!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 1795 viewsShun

Match thread on 15:31 - Feb 20 by BFC1885

Being an outsider I have just dismissed the Rochdale fans complaints about Hill as bad treatment of a man they owe much to. A bit like Arsenal fans with Wenger.
Had a good look around the past week or so and I now realise that you're right and he is the problem and he doesn't seem to be concerned about the possibility of a relegation.
What ever happens next I don't know, but I think that Mr. Dunphy's hasty retreat must have been a sign of the way things are at your club. I couldn't understand why the best chairman in the lower leagues left halfway through the season.
Hope you sort it out smartish like, and I hope you're still in league one next year as it looks like we may be back.
Good luck with or without Keith.

What do you mean you had a good look around?
Match thread on 19:19 - Feb 20 with 1684 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread on 18:06 - Feb 20 by Shun

What do you mean you had a good look around?

He's not the fella with the drone who caused all the trouble at Gatwick is he?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024