Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crap towns 20:13 - Feb 21 with 3832 viewsmodelboydave

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-top-10-crap-towns-14031127?utm_so

..... bit harsh

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Crap towns on 20:21 - Feb 21 with 3801 viewsTVOS1907

They seemed to have omitted one place close to you, Dave.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crap towns on 20:27 - Feb 21 with 3783 viewsDalenet

Don't get the obsession with publicly slagging off your own town. Just makes everybody feel worse. I wouldn't mind asking every fooker that slagged Rochdale off to explain what they have done personally to make it a better place. Where is the pride? Bad publicity isn't always good publicity.

Having said that I cringe every time the Sandy break out into song about Rochdale being a sh*thole.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 20:27]
Crap towns on 20:31 - Feb 21 with 3759 viewsD_Alien

Dunno about anyone else, but i found some of the descriptions in that list quite humorous!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crap towns on 21:00 - Feb 21 with 3676 viewsnordenblue

Crap towns on 20:27 - Feb 21 by Dalenet

Don't get the obsession with publicly slagging off your own town. Just makes everybody feel worse. I wouldn't mind asking every fooker that slagged Rochdale off to explain what they have done personally to make it a better place. Where is the pride? Bad publicity isn't always good publicity.

Having said that I cringe every time the Sandy break out into song about Rochdale being a sh*thole.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 20:27]

Why's it down to the people to make it a better place more to the point?
Having been born at Birch Hill and lived a really enjoyable childhood around the Wardle,Littleborough and Smithybridge areas firstly then eventually buying my first house in Norden, the decline is there for all to see,sadly
Crap towns on 21:19 - Feb 21 with 3624 viewsrochdale_ranger

The towns a dive. Me picking up a shovel and doing a bit of litter picking isn’t going to right a corrupt council, get rid of people that have come in from shithole countries with shithole ways, or stop the fact that the town is used as a halfway house for reprobates fresh out of the nick. So when people say “what have you done to improve the town” what could I or any individual do?
Crap towns on 21:31 - Feb 21 with 3605 viewsrichfoad32

What exactly are the point of these articles? Just to make the residents of these 'crap' towns feel even worse about themselves whilst the rest of the country mocks.? Not funny at all*

*Although the bit about Oldham residents looking like the government have done nuclear testing nearby did make me snigger.
Crap towns on 21:36 - Feb 21 with 3587 viewsmodelboydave

Crap towns on 20:21 - Feb 21 by TVOS1907

They seemed to have omitted one place close to you, Dave.

That was my initial thought too !! I kept looking down wondering where luton was !
I would imagine the reason it’s absent is quite a lot of investment coming into the town - airport - potential new ground - lots of new developments. Etc

Crap towns on 21:38 - Feb 21 with 3581 viewsmodelboydave

Crap towns on 20:31 - Feb 21 by D_Alien

Dunno about anyone else, but i found some of the descriptions in that list quite humorous!

They must have made the alleged quotes up from the local residents. Do people say such things

Login to get fewer ads

Crap towns on 21:41 - Feb 21 with 3575 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Crap towns on 20:31 - Feb 21 by D_Alien

A cross between Shameless and the StarWars canteen is my particular favourite.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 21:41]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Crap towns on 21:45 - Feb 21 with 3558 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Crap towns on 21:19 - Feb 21 by rochdale_ranger

The towns a dive. Me picking up a shovel and doing a bit of litter picking isn’t going to right a corrupt council, get rid of people that have come in from shithole countries with shithole ways, or stop the fact that the town is used as a halfway house for reprobates fresh out of the nick. So when people say “what have you done to improve the town” what could I or any individual do?

I don’t want to get rid of my dentist and doctor thanks.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Crap towns on 21:55 - Feb 21 with 3519 viewsD_Alien

Crap towns on 21:19 - Feb 21 by rochdale_ranger

KH's recruitment policy belongs on another thread

Crap towns on 22:32 - Feb 21 with 3441 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Pointless pole even by James standards, I doubt many votes for their own town or city, bury fans, Burnley fans were no doubt having a field day saying they lived in Rochdale, Oldham or Blackburn.

Peterborough is certainly a strong contender for the no1 slot, as it really is a dump, but then Boston, kings lynn, Spaulding are also dumps.

Strange that there were no “winners” south of Peterborough, it’s almost as if the mirror had a political point to make!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Crap towns on 08:11 - Feb 22 with 3242 viewsjudd

Now I know where the Arctic Monkeys get their lyrics from...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Crap towns on 08:29 - Feb 22 with 3217 viewsrochdaleriddler

Crap towns on 22:32 - Feb 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

Pointless pole even by James standards, I doubt many votes for their own town or city, bury fans, Burnley fans were no doubt having a field day saying they lived in Rochdale, Oldham or Blackburn.

Peterborough is certainly a strong contender for the no1 slot, as it really is a dump, but then Boston, kings lynn, Spaulding are also dumps.

Strange that there were no “winners” south of Peterborough, it’s almost as if the mirror had a political point to make!

I live here is a humorous social media site. Nothing to do with the Mirror, it’s just people taking the piss

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Crap towns on 12:04 - Feb 22 with 3045 viewsD_Alien

Crap towns on 22:32 - Feb 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

Can't help but smile at James' pointless pole!

Crap towns on 14:06 - Feb 22 with 2893 viewsDaleiLama

Crap towns on 12:04 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

Can't help but smile at James' pointless pole!

Lech Wałęs ?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Crap towns on 14:15 - Feb 22 with 2870 viewsD_Alien

Crap towns on 14:06 - Feb 22 by DaleiLama

Lech Wałęs ?

That's a Gdanska!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024