Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Housekeeping 20:50 - Feb 27 with 4697 viewsMolly

This may seem petty and insignificant with all that's going on at the moment, but it is perhaps indicative of the cba malaise which seems to have pervaded the club over recent weeks. Driving past a certain notice board this lunchtime ( the one near to the large notice inviting people to come and see what they are missing) it was more than disappointing to be told that the next match was against Wimbledon a week ago!
I was under the impression that this had been raised with the club and that this was being addressed. If nothing else it gives such an amateurish impression to anyone going along Sandy Lane.
Housekeeping on 21:04 - Feb 27 with 4621 viewsnordenblue

Forget about it,this has already been sorted along with shifting the tyres etc etc,Mr Bottomley is on the case
Housekeeping on 21:06 - Feb 27 with 4610 viewsjudd

It's not as if they couldn't climb up on a tyre mound to get it changed.

Lip service, anyone?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Housekeeping on 21:14 - Feb 27 with 4584 viewsnordenblue

Housekeeping on 21:06 - Feb 27 by judd

It's not as if they couldn't climb up on a tyre mound to get it changed.

Lip service, anyone?

Tell the people what theyd like to hear and the problems vanish, there will still be folk lapping up his every word mind.

I cant wait for this weeks diary edition to somehow put a positive slant on the prospect of us travelling away to play the league leaders in our current "form"
Housekeeping on 21:19 - Feb 27 with 4568 viewsjudd

Housekeeping on 21:14 - Feb 27 by nordenblue

Tell the people what theyd like to hear and the problems vanish, there will still be folk lapping up his every word mind.

I cant wait for this weeks diary edition to somehow put a positive slant on the prospect of us travelling away to play the league leaders in our current "form"

We're blessed in not being so bullshit hungry.

Housekeeping on 21:20 - Feb 27 with 4564 viewsRodingdale

Dave’s been golfing - give him a break...
Housekeeping on 21:25 - Feb 27 with 4542 viewsjudd

Housekeeping on 21:20 - Feb 27 by Rodingdale

Would love to. Any suggestions?

Housekeeping on 21:32 - Feb 27 with 4514 viewsnordenblue

Housekeeping on 21:20 - Feb 27 by Rodingdale

Im sure that fact will crop up when he enlightens us all about how "busy" he's been in his latest edition, a jolly boys trip to Wembley and golfing its certainly been another tough old week.
Housekeeping on 21:38 - Feb 27 with 4493 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/01/meeting-at-the-club-3rd-jan/

Yeah, yeah, whatever...

Going so public then one will be held to account.

Login to get fewer ads

Housekeeping on 21:38 - Feb 27 with 4492 viewsJames1980

Do peope need to know the next home game? The rest of the home games are going to be sponsored by the Lancashire tumbleweed emporium due to a boycott I thought.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Housekeeping on 21:41 - Feb 27 with 4480 viewsjudd

Housekeeping on 21:38 - Feb 27 by James1980

Do peope need to know the next home game? The rest of the home games are going to be sponsored by the Lancashire tumbleweed emporium due to a boycott I thought.

1 poster proposed a boycott, or could your poll not compute that?

Housekeeping on 21:50 - Feb 27 with 4440 viewsJames1980

Housekeeping on 21:41 - Feb 27 by judd

1 poster proposed a boycott, or could your poll not compute that?

You surely didn't think that last comment was serious did you? Also it has been a while since my last poll.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Housekeeping on 21:53 - Feb 27 with 4429 viewskel

I’m going to predict it will be changed tomorrow, done within a couple of days of the next couple of games and then will revert back to how it is now.

They can’t be arsed.
Housekeeping on 22:04 - Feb 27 with 4370 viewsMolly

Housekeeping on 21:53 - Feb 27 by kel

I’m going to predict it will be changed tomorrow, done within a couple of days of the next couple of games and then will revert back to how it is now.

They can’t be arsed.

Totally agree. Unfortunately the image it gives to any neutral passing the COA is of an organisation that just doesn't care about it's image to the general public. If the club intends getting the "big things" right it's got to do the little things correctly. It's not as if they have not been made aware before now.
Housekeeping on 22:11 - Feb 27 with 4341 viewsD_Alien

Housekeeping on 22:04 - Feb 27 by Molly

Totally agree. Unfortunately the image it gives to any neutral passing the COA is of an organisation that just doesn't care about it's image to the general public. If the club intends getting the "big things" right it's got to do the little things correctly. It's not as if they have not been made aware before now.

And this surely comes under the Sales & Marketing remit? What's the point of having a S&M manager, now at board level? Is it to ensure the basics are painfully neglected?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Housekeeping on 22:15 - Feb 27 with 4311 viewsjudd

Housekeeping on 22:11 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

And this surely comes under the Sales & Marketing remit? What's the point of having a S&M manager, now at board level? Is it to ensure the basics are painfully neglected?

Ha! Brilliant, D_Alien!

Depends who has the whip hand.

Housekeeping on 22:18 - Feb 27 with 4293 viewsMolly

Housekeeping on 22:15 - Feb 27 by judd

Ha! Brilliant, D_Alien!

Depends who has the whip hand.

That's painfully obvious.
Housekeeping on 22:19 - Feb 27 with 4291 viewsDaleiLama

Housekeeping on 22:11 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

50 shades of lip service.

It's one area where we have been consistent.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Housekeeping on 23:15 - Feb 27 with 4179 viewsrochdale_ranger

When it comes to the speakers in the stands or the fixture board I’m sure the club get a kick out of pissing fans off who complain about it. Surely two simple problems could be solved easily by the stadium maintenance team or getting a local handy person in.
Housekeeping on 05:40 - Feb 28 with 4046 viewsColDale

The fixture board showed Shrewsbury (h) yesterday afternoon.

From what I've seen since we most recently raised this as being an issue, the fixture board has been updated as follows:

Burton - updated 5 days before game (might have been 6)
Man City - 1 day before game
Fleetwood - 10 days before game
Coventry - 20 days before game
Wimbledon - 8 days before game
Shrewsbury - 10 days before game

I know its more than just advertising the next game as if it was, you're probably talking the most consistent time for keeping it up to date in years. The two games previous to our initial meeting had the Pompey Cup game updated on the Friday morning and the Plymouth game against an unknown side so the improvement is there for all to see.

Obviously any length of time where a past game is advertised looks symbolically bad as much as anything, and as Ive said many times on here, I've always pushed for the board to be changed mid game but staffing doesn't always make that possible. I think with the exception of the Shrewsbury game, it has been changed on the next working day each time. If this is the case, then matches like City home game where we play Saturday Tuesday needs to be addressed to prevent a day before change.
Housekeeping on 07:49 - Feb 28 with 3940 viewsscarrow

Housekeeping on 05:40 - Feb 28 by ColDale

From what I've seen since we most recently raised this as being an issue, the fixture board has been updated as follows:

I know its more than just advertising the next game as if it was, you're probably talking the most consistent time for keeping it up to date in years. The two games previous to our initial meeting had the Pompey Cup game updated on the Friday morning and the Plymouth game against an unknown side so the improvement is there for all to see.

Obviously any length of time where a past game is advertised looks symbolically bad as much as anything, and as Ive said many times on here, I've always pushed for the board to be changed mid game but staffing doesn't always make that possible. I think with the exception of the Shrewsbury game, it has been changed on the next working day each time. If this is the case, then matches like City home game where we play Saturday Tuesday needs to be addressed to prevent a day before change.

I think what annoys people is the fact that this board seems to be the way the fixture board gets changed. Yet again appears on here and then is sorted. Tail wagging the dog.

Poll: Final position

Housekeeping on 08:28 - Feb 28 with 3879 viewsTVOS1907

Housekeeping on 05:40 - Feb 28 by ColDale

Good to see your dog’s getting plenty of walks.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Housekeeping on 10:24 - Feb 28 with 3727 viewsYorkshire_Dale

........and a couple of weeks ago I got accused of "disrespect" for questioning the quality of our Scouting regime.
Housekeeping on 13:37 - Feb 28 with 3507 viewsjudd

In light of col's diligence in noting the fixture board updates, apologies to the club for my jumping on, erm, board the ,erm, fixture board bashing.

However minor an issue it and the tyres are in the grand scheme of things, it does go to show that if bombastic promises are made then they need to be kept and actions will be monitored and pounced upon if there is any sign of failure.

At a time when the club is doggedly trying to get an aged customer base to go digital with their weekly Goldbond payments, we seem somewhat beholden to Victorian technology in displaying the next winning team at Spotland, a digital display would dispense with the need of 2 people, some ladders, a risk assessment and method statement etc and could be updated remotely and immediately.

Or just get rid altogether and stop us moaning.

Housekeeping on 13:48 - Feb 28 with 3488 viewsD_Alien

*We are at pains to give reassurance that no employees or directors of Rochdale Football Club were harmed in the production of this thread*

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Housekeeping on 15:42 - Feb 28 with 3313 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Housekeeping on 23:15 - Feb 27 by rochdale_ranger

When it comes to the speakers in the stands or the fixture board I’m sure the club get a kick out of pissing fans off who complain about it. Surely two simple problems could be solved easily by the stadium maintenance team or getting a local handy person in.

This is mine and my Dad`s pet hate and barely a home game goes by without one or both of us getting annoyed by it.

How very dare you suggest that it is just a simple matter.

These things have to be discussed and cannot be dished out to staff willy nilly, without taking all the facts into account. The delay this time has been down to a conflict between staff and the board over how to pronounce Shrewsbury, never mind finding someone who can actually spell it. Health and safety need informing because a ladder (or perhaps scaffolding) is required. If it is a ladder, then someone has to foot it and if the one who can spell it is afraid of heights, then it takes a lot longer as you can imagine.

So next time you trip up over a broken paving stone in the Sandy, think on, it takes a lot more than just brains and brute force to make sure nobody else suffers the same fate as you.

P.S. A local handy person might put club staff to shame should they employ such a person.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024