Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just heard a rumour 09:39 - Mar 4 with 32033 viewsdeeplishblue

That Hilly's been sacked......

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Just heard a rumour on 10:14 - Mar 4 with 2929 viewsDaleFan7

If this is true then it will be sad as he was our best manager ever. However, the last 2 seasons have been more than sh!te and the malaise around the place and relationship Hill has with the fans was starting to really tarnish his legacy here.

The right move for both parties imo. Hopefully we've got a replacement lined up and it's not too late to push for a few wins to keep us up.
Just heard a rumour on 10:16 - Mar 4 with 2901 viewsIOMDale

I'm not so sure Bradford & Hill would be a good fit.

They have a very competitive budget and with that comes pressure. Hilly has no experience of managing a big budget (in relation to other clubs in the Championship, Barnsley were what we are to League One) and Bradford fans aren't exactly patience personified. They certainly won't settle for being ostracised like 'Dale fans have been at times.

UTDNFS

Just heard a rumour on 10:16 - Mar 4 with 2899 viewssweetcorn

Just heard a rumour on 10:11 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

JUst to be rid of him will give the place a boost, not pointless

My mistake, i forgot sacking your manager guaranteed an upturn in form, worked so well for the likes of ipswich, stoke and Bradford this year.

We could still make play-offs then.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just heard a rumour on 10:19 - Mar 4 with 2835 viewskiwidale

Just heard a rumour on 10:12 - Mar 4 by JimmyRustler

Possibly.

Or perhaps KH has been touted to take over at somewhere like Bradford and a deal has been made?

Or perhaps POR had a heavy night on the mushrooms last night

you don't sack a manager for taking over at Bradford its kinda pointless init.

This is not the time for bickering.

Just heard a rumour on 10:21 - Mar 4 with 2791 viewsjonahwhereru

If true that is recruitment screwed for the next few windows. If we go down the club can bolster the contracted players with academy signings. If we stay up, who could we sell to generate funds to recruit with,?

Seems odd if Beech has gone as well would have thought we would struggle to pay off both, although I don’t know his contract term.

BBM for me. Leave Tony where he is doing a brilliant job.
Just heard a rumour on 10:21 - Mar 4 with 2785 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 10:16 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

My mistake, i forgot sacking your manager guaranteed an upturn in form, worked so well for the likes of ipswich, stoke and Bradford this year.

We could still make play-offs then.

Why di you think Hill was going to turn this round?. I’m well aware changing managers is risky , I’m glad we don’t fire at will. This sacking was 2 months overdue

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just heard a rumour on 10:21 - Mar 4 with 2777 viewsBrierls

Gutted to be honest.

Under Keith Hill, Dale have given me my best moments of my Dale supporting life.

I know its not the result at Luton that has triggered this, but the timing of it is somewhat strange given there could have been no realistic expectation of us picking up points away at the league leaders. No comment from the club also makes it a shambles.

I think its a mistake. I can also understand the view of many who wanted Hilly out and that past glories afforded him more time than most would get given the results and performances. Call me a happy clapper or whatever but I do think we have over achieved to be promoted to and remain in League One for this long. It's not a surprise that we haven't managed to sustain it this season.

Realistically, the new man will be planning for League Two and being at the right end of the table next season. There's a manager now out of work who has a great record at League Two level.

I'm more worried about the club now than I ever have been.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 10:30]
Just heard a rumour on 10:22 - Mar 4 with 2749 viewsJimmyRustler

Just heard a rumour on 10:19 - Mar 4 by kiwidale

you don't sack a manager for taking over at Bradford its kinda pointless init.

I don't necessarily mean that. I could envisage a scenario where KH has said, Bradford/someone else want me and I wanna go but they don't wanna pay my contract off. You sorta want rid but also dont wanna pay it off/cant afford to either....perhaps we can sort something? Best for all parties and all that shite. This would of course be followed by maniacal laughter and a bolt of lightning
Login to get fewer ads

Just heard a rumour on 10:24 - Mar 4 with 2704 viewsBrierls

Just heard a rumour on 10:22 - Mar 4 by JimmyRustler

I don't necessarily mean that. I could envisage a scenario where KH has said, Bradford/someone else want me and I wanna go but they don't wanna pay my contract off. You sorta want rid but also dont wanna pay it off/cant afford to either....perhaps we can sort something? Best for all parties and all that shite. This would of course be followed by maniacal laughter and a bolt of lightning

Hilly would absolutely thrive at Bradford.
Just heard a rumour on 10:24 - Mar 4 with 2702 viewspaulscho

F.cking idiots ...they could`nt bloody resist...im disguisted.
Chris Dunphy wouldnt have let this happen...The begining of the end.

livinginadalewonderland

Just heard a rumour on 10:25 - Mar 4 with 2680 viewsParkinsGimp

Would seem strange to sack him after Luton defeat , when it was a "free hit" anyway. Surely if they were going to do it , go for the Wimbledon shambles.
Still nothing official , is this Peter O'Rouke being malicious with false news , or is he reliable.
Sad end in a way but he had it coming . Its long over due.
Just heard a rumour on 10:26 - Mar 4 with 2662 viewssweetcorn

Just heard a rumour on 10:21 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

Why di you think Hill was going to turn this round?. I’m well aware changing managers is risky , I’m glad we don’t fire at will. This sacking was 2 months overdue

If you read my posts, you’d see I think this season is done with and we’re down, regardless of who is in charge..

What I felt is that Keith Hill is the man best placed to return us to league one after the forthcoming relegation, considering he’s the only man who’s done it in the modern era.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just heard a rumour on 10:27 - Mar 4 with 2648 viewsdingdangblue

Sad day.
End of a great era.
Hope King Keith has future success wherever he goes.
More than a little worried how its going to pan out for Dale now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just heard a rumour on 10:28 - Mar 4 with 2615 viewsscarrow

If true 1 win in 11 and 2 seasons of mediocrity its overdue

New manager bounce needed!

Poll: Final position

Just heard a rumour on 10:29 - Mar 4 with 2592 viewsDaleyBrent

I feel completely numb over this news... This season has been a disaster from start to finish: Unthinkably bad tactics and team selections, the goalkeeping frenzy, the goals conceded column, the spend heavy recruitment of players like Perkins & Wilbraham, the consistent digs at the fans and more! This is ultimately why it has come to this decision, and I take absolutely no joy whatsoever in his dismissal.

The man has taken us to Wembley TWICE, earned TWO promotions, developed INTERNATIONAL footballers with the most minimal of resources, and has even had us dreaming of CHAMPIONSHIP football. Oh, and under his stewardship we've also managed to acquire our stadium: ultimately meaning we will always have our amazing football club.

Keith Hill, and Chris Beech for that matter, will leave the club as legends in every sense of the word. As fans, we really need to take stock of just what has been achieved during his two tenures. I wish him every single success in the future and will always have a warm welcome from me when he returns to our football club.

Let's not have short memories, folks. This manager was incredibly special.

Thank you for absolutely everything, Keith.
Just heard a rumour on 10:30 - Mar 4 with 2576 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 10:26 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

If you read my posts, you’d see I think this season is done with and we’re down, regardless of who is in charge..

What I felt is that Keith Hill is the man best placed to return us to league one after the forthcoming relegation, considering he’s the only man who’s done it in the modern era.

Maybe the board accept we are down , but don’t want him around anymore, and didn’t trust him to do well next year.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just heard a rumour on 10:30 - Mar 4 with 2564 viewselectricblue

So the way this clubs board operate what news will come first!!
Hill and Beech have been sacked by Rochdale afc..
Hill is announced the new Bradford manager.
The new Dale manager is....
Or
Could hill be announced the new Bradford manager before Dale announce he as left the club.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Just heard a rumour on 10:31 - Mar 4 with 2544 viewspaulscho

Just an idiotic decision.
Gives me a good reason to now give up.
I actually had`nt done...been saying for weeks be careful what you wish for.
Now your going to find out.

livinginadalewonderland

Just heard a rumour on 10:31 - Mar 4 with 2533 viewskiwidale

Just heard a rumour on 10:22 - Mar 4 by JimmyRustler

ok I see your point but highly unlikely a " mutual agreement" would have sufficed no need for a sacking.

This is not the time for bickering.

Just heard a rumour on 10:32 - Mar 4 with 2521 viewsJimmyRustler

Just heard a rumour on 10:29 - Mar 4 by DaleyBrent

I feel completely numb over this news... This season has been a disaster from start to finish: Unthinkably bad tactics and team selections, the goalkeeping frenzy, the goals conceded column, the spend heavy recruitment of players like Perkins & Wilbraham, the consistent digs at the fans and more! This is ultimately why it has come to this decision, and I take absolutely no joy whatsoever in his dismissal.

The man has taken us to Wembley TWICE, earned TWO promotions, developed INTERNATIONAL footballers with the most minimal of resources, and has even had us dreaming of CHAMPIONSHIP football. Oh, and under his stewardship we've also managed to acquire our stadium: ultimately meaning we will always have our amazing football club.

Keith Hill, and Chris Beech for that matter, will leave the club as legends in every sense of the word. As fans, we really need to take stock of just what has been achieved during his two tenures. I wish him every single success in the future and will always have a warm welcome from me when he returns to our football club.

Let's not have short memories, folks. This manager was incredibly special.

Thank you for absolutely everything, Keith.

I hope the club put out a statement similar to this. He deserves it tbf
Just heard a rumour on 10:32 - Mar 4 with 2515 viewsSaxonDale

FFS, not a decision I wanted or expected.
Just heard a rumour on 10:33 - Mar 4 with 2501 viewsCockneyDale

just confirmed on club twitter
Just heard a rumour on 10:33 - Mar 4 with 2489 viewsdale4ever

Just heard a rumour on 10:31 - Mar 4 by kiwidale

ok I see your point but highly unlikely a " mutual agreement" would have sufficed no need for a sacking.

CLUB STATEMENT | 🔵 Rochdale Football Club has terminated the contracts of Keith Hill and Chris Beech with immediate effect. ➡️ www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/n… #RAFC pic.twitter.com/WNIy3wV…
18 secs ago · Twitter
Just heard a rumour on 10:33 - Mar 4 with 2483 viewsChaffRAFC

It's official.

Very very sad day. Nobody should get pleasure out of this.

Unfortunately I felt it necessary.

Thank you Keith

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just heard a rumour on 10:35 - Mar 4 with 2436 viewselectricblue

I wonder what Dunphy thinks about this........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024