Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just heard a rumour 09:39 - Mar 4 with 31847 viewsdeeplishblue

That Hilly's been sacked......

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Just heard a rumour on 11:27 - Mar 4 with 3277 viewsfrenzied

Just heard a rumour on 11:17 - Mar 4 by Daley_Lama

Would have taken relegation and let Hilly have another crack at League 2 myself.

Farewell Keith.

Quite agree

Hill gave us the greatest memories as Dale fans

Many thanks Keith...….
Just heard a rumour on 11:28 - Mar 4 with 3271 viewssweetcorn

Just heard a rumour on 11:17 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

Well that was to get rid of a now ex employee, and it was a question. Are you waiting to see where Hill ends up so you can take your support there?

Jesus, irony is lost on you..

The fact that you were willing to turn your back on the club due to one man and you’re suggesting i’m going to do the same when theres no evidence of that anywhere in my posts.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just heard a rumour on 11:28 - Mar 4 with 3268 viewsBrierls

Just heard a rumour on 11:26 - Mar 4 by TheBeast666

Right decision without a doubt, strange timing though, should have been done a long time ago but then again things have got much worse since the new year results wise.

No-one with half a brain can complain , 9 losses out of 11 would see any manager out of a job, but added to innane hocus-pocus ramblings in interviews, full of rambling nonsense and totally lacking substance, freezing out those who have a different opinion and a bullying management style, its no surprise. Too many on here are living in the past, yes, we have a lot to be grateful for, but the last 18 months have been turgid by and large, refusal to play best players in correct positions and hostile reaction to fans when challenged shows how much he has lost the plot , perhaps he believed his own hype and his immortality. He is a shadow of what he once was as a manger and is not bigger than the club.

Glad he has gone, not a nice person, obnoxious at times and liked to humiliate others, eventually this has led to where we are now, players and fans lacking confidence and hope.

I wish him well where he ends up next but my personal opinion is good riddance to a toxic and increasingly unhinged manager, perhaps he needs a good rest tbh , best result for all concerned, thanks for the good times but things turned sour a good while ago, onwards ...

You are coming across as toxic and unhinged.
Just heard a rumour on 11:34 - Mar 4 with 3205 viewsDaleView

Just heard a rumour on 10:43 - Mar 4 by kiwidale

unbelievable Jeff.

One hopes that it will be a long stay in League 2. At the very least longer than Darlington and Stockport's tenancy there. Look where they are now.
However, Dale's demise will probably make the Bury fans happy though passing The Dale en route, in opposite directions, at the end of the season.
I really do hope that Keith Hill is not out of work for long - he deserves better than that.
Just heard a rumour on 11:39 - Mar 4 with 3162 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Just heard a rumour on 11:34 - Mar 4 by DaleView

One hopes that it will be a long stay in League 2. At the very least longer than Darlington and Stockport's tenancy there. Look where they are now.
However, Dale's demise will probably make the Bury fans happy though passing The Dale en route, in opposite directions, at the end of the season.
I really do hope that Keith Hill is not out of work for long - he deserves better than that.

If bury do pass us, it will have cost them 11 million for the privilege!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Just heard a rumour on 11:40 - Mar 4 with 3140 viewsdingdangblue

Im sure Ive not dreamt it but didn't someone post in January that basically Hill had been told to sell enough players to pay for his sacking? Or words to that effect.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just heard a rumour on 11:42 - Mar 4 with 3134 viewsfitzochris

Just heard a rumour on 11:40 - Mar 4 by dingdangblue

Im sure Ive not dreamt it but didn't someone post in January that basically Hill had been told to sell enough players to pay for his sacking? Or words to that effect.

He was told he had to sell players, but not to fund his own sacking.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just heard a rumour on 11:45 - Mar 4 with 3102 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 11:28 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

Jesus, irony is lost on you..

The fact that you were willing to turn your back on the club due to one man and you’re suggesting i’m going to do the same when theres no evidence of that anywhere in my posts.

why would I turn my back on a club I have supported through many dire managers, I asked whether fans should boycott games till he had gone. I have a season ticket , I’ve already paid for the rest of the season. Are you going to get behind the team now, or will the Hill hangover prevent this?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Just heard a rumour on 12:05 - Mar 4 with 2970 views49thseason

Just heard a rumour on 11:40 - Mar 4 by dingdangblue

There is no requirement to pay anyones contracted salary as a lump sum on termination. They could just pay him each month as usual but I imagine they have reached an agreement on a lump sum less than the amount due to the end of the contract.
Just heard a rumour on 12:10 - Mar 4 with 2924 viewsjonahwhereru

Of those managers quoted in the betting most make me cringe. Would like BMM Until the end of the season. Failing that Nicky Daws knows this league well. Although I would not trust this recently assembled board to recruit a gateman let alone a first team manager.
In any event they will never achieve as much as KH did in his tenure. They won’t be given the time for a start.
KH and CB have been fabulous for us and I am so disappointed for them it has finished this way. They deserved better given the position they inherited.
No money, no manager, no confidence in the board. I see a shite storm coming. Will be relieved if we are still in the football league in three years.
What’s the phrase be careful what you wish for.
Just heard a rumour on 12:17 - Mar 4 with 2862 viewsNinco

Just heard a rumour on 12:10 - Mar 4 by jonahwhereru

Of those managers quoted in the betting most make me cringe. Would like BMM Until the end of the season. Failing that Nicky Daws knows this league well. Although I would not trust this recently assembled board to recruit a gateman let alone a first team manager.
In any event they will never achieve as much as KH did in his tenure. They won’t be given the time for a start.
KH and CB have been fabulous for us and I am so disappointed for them it has finished this way. They deserved better given the position they inherited.
No money, no manager, no confidence in the board. I see a shite storm coming. Will be relieved if we are still in the football league in three years.

You could say the same about Arsene Wenger. He did a lot for Arsenal but all good things come to an end. Relationships become strained over a period of time. Look at Pogba during the Mourinho reign compared to now. If you don't get on with the manager it affects your game. Lets face it, if everything in the garden was rosy, there's no way that players like Cannon would have firstly been dropped, then been sold. We all saw the evidence of Hill not getting on with the fans, so what chance does he have with the players if he can't get on with fans?
Just heard a rumour on 12:21 - Mar 4 with 2817 viewsdingdangblue

Just heard a rumour on 11:42 - Mar 4 by fitzochris

I thought someone had posted a specific amount of money needing to be raised (and hinted it may be related to Keith's contract). My mistake if not.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Just heard a rumour on 12:25 - Mar 4 with 2761 viewsScunnydale

Just heard a rumour on 12:10 - Mar 4 by jonahwhereru

It was always going to end this way, at best.

If Hilly had left for another team, he'd have been called Judas and traitor (again). He was too young to have retired with us. This way, most of us are thinking it's the right decision at a suitable time. Any longer and we'd have most certainly been relegated. We can now remember his many, many good moments, albeit with a tinge of sadness.
Just heard a rumour on 12:27 - Mar 4 with 2731 viewsfitzochris

Just heard a rumour on 12:21 - Mar 4 by dingdangblue

I thought someone had posted a specific amount of money needing to be raised (and hinted it may be related to Keith's contract). My mistake if not.

They did, but it was wrong.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just heard a rumour on 12:28 - Mar 4 with 2709 viewssweetcorn

Just heard a rumour on 11:45 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

why would I turn my back on a club I have supported through many dire managers, I asked whether fans should boycott games till he had gone. I have a season ticket , I’ve already paid for the rest of the season. Are you going to get behind the team now, or will the Hill hangover prevent this?

I'm a free agent until Hill gets a new club..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just heard a rumour on 12:28 - Mar 4 with 2706 viewsdingdangblue

Just heard a rumour on 12:27 - Mar 4 by fitzochris

They did, but it was wrong.

Fair enough.

Just heard a rumour on 12:36 - Mar 4 with 2646 viewsBrierls

Just heard a rumour on 12:25 - Mar 4 by Scunnydale

It was always going to end this way, at best.

If Hilly had left for another team, he'd have been called Judas and traitor (again). He was too young to have retired with us. This way, most of us are thinking it's the right decision at a suitable time. Any longer and we'd have most certainly been relegated. We can now remember his many, many good moments, albeit with a tinge of sadness.

"Any longer and we'd have most certainly been relegated"

That hasn't changed and we've just got rid of the man who's got us promoted from League Two. Twice.

Some who wanted Hill out will be looking back on his tenure with more than a tinge of sadness if/when we're struggling in League Two. They won't have the balls to admit they were wrong, they'll just call for another new manager, then another, then another.

If we stay up, or go down and then mount a serious challenge for League One next season, I'll hold my hands up and say it was the right decision. It would be unrealistic to then ask us to mount a challenge in League One.

It's like Brexit without the fcuking false promises!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 12:38]
Just heard a rumour on 12:48 - Mar 4 with 2525 viewsSaxonDale

Just heard a rumour on 12:36 - Mar 4 by Brierls

That hasn't changed and we've just got rid of the man who's got us promoted from League Two. Twice.

Some who wanted Hill out will be looking back on his tenure with more than a tinge of sadness if/when we're struggling in League Two. They won't have the balls to admit they were wrong, they'll just call for another new manager, then another, then another.

If we stay up, or go down and then mount a serious challenge for League One next season, I'll hold my hands up and say it was the right decision. It would be unrealistic to then ask us to mount a challenge in League One.

Tbf there was a bus going round the other day talking about getting rid of tyres...
Just heard a rumour on 12:54 - Mar 4 with 2465 viewsdingdangblue

Mirroring the real Mourinho, Hill gets sacked after away defeat to the league leaders...

Somehow I cant see our results upturning just like Man Utd's.

Just heard a rumour on 12:56 - Mar 4 with 2447 viewsD_Alien

Just heard a rumour on 11:42 - Mar 4 by fitzochris

But that's what has happened, in effect

fwiw i see this as an entrenchment of their positions at Dale, by the new CEO & Chair

Keith Hill was probably the one person at the club who could've openly disagreed with them

What happens next will be key. If it's a strong character, fair do's. If not, there are no future options off the table in terms of the direction of the club

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just heard a rumour on 13:01 - Mar 4 with 2366 viewsrochdale_ranger

Gutted its come to this but it had to be done. All those thinking a bigger club will go in for Hill are crazy, what board would want to work with him? He was our greatest ever manager but has left on a sour note, his arrogance, besmirching the fans and his untouchable attitude was his downfall. The man sacked himself, he will get a decent pay out and will get another job in league two or in non league football. He wont be down fleece street signing on anyway.
Just heard a rumour on 13:03 - Mar 4 with 2337 viewsrochdale_ranger

Just heard a rumour on 12:36 - Mar 4 by Brierls

I hate to break it to you but that's football mate.
Just heard a rumour on 13:10 - Mar 4 with 2258 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 13:01 - Mar 4 by rochdale_ranger

Gutted its come to this but it had to be done. All those thinking a bigger club will go in for Hill are crazy, what board would want to work with him? He was our greatest ever manager but has left on a sour note, his arrogance, besmirching the fans and his untouchable attitude was his downfall. The man sacked himself, he will get a decent pay out and will get another job in league two or in non league football. He wont be down fleece street signing on anyway.

That’s not his home dole office!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just heard a rumour on 13:14 - Mar 4 with 2226 views442Dale

A sad day in the history of Rochdale Football Club. Not just because our greatest manager has gone but because it was all so avoidable, something Hill and the club will know.

Everything can be analysed to the nth degree, however there’s little doubt that Hill seemed unable to stop the slide with the same things happening over and over. What happens next is critical to the future of the whole club and those involved should be fully aware of how important their decisions are, their words have been proven to be without much substance. I’d give it BBM for the next couple of games, because we don’t need to go in a different direction only get back on the tracks of the direction we know suits us. Rather him than become another club that changes managers every so often.

Let their be no argument, Keith Hill’s legacy will remain forever and rightly so. In fact, I think we’d all put a tenner on him returning again one day.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just heard a rumour on 13:21 - Mar 4 with 2169 viewsShun

Really gutted about this. I didn’t want it at all. I feel he’d earned the right to take us down and have another go at bringing us up again.

I wonder how this will affect the players, too. For all this season’s faults, one accusation that can’t be made is that the players weren’t trying for him. Our best player (by far) is also on record for saying how much he loves working for Hill.

Sad, sad day. Farewell to a legend.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 13:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024