Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill - The Bad Times 13:55 - Mar 5 with 4449 viewsNinco

So there is already a Keith Hill - The Good Times thread so it would be remiss not to talk about the bad times.

Lets start with when he left to go to Barnsley, then we got Barnsley in the cup. The fans all wanted to acknowledge his first stint at Dale and gave him a standing ovation when he walked in to the ground only for Hill to refuse to acknowledge us and to go and sit in the dugout to avoid eye contact. Rude and ignorant.

Then on his return to Dale, what about when we needed a goal in a cup match and we were all shouting for Lillis to go up to the away team box to assist in the corner. Keith Hill turns round and tells us to f*ck off just because he didn't like us having an opinion. He upset a young family and when someone complained to the directors, they also told us to f*ck off.

Then there was a time when a fan shouted out negative comments at Hill about his choice of tactics and Hill chose to publicly embarrass him on iFollow by saying he was upsetting the players and it was either Hill or the fan that needs to go. I don't know what happened next but the fan has not been seen since. Managers come and go. Fans are the past, present and future that keep the club going long after managers have moved on and there is no way a manager should be able to dictate whether a fan can watch his club or not.

Added to this is the constant digs at the fans on iFollow and in the press. There is no need for it. He knows as well as we do that any defeat is not the fault of the fans and he cannot expect the fans to be cheering the players off when they keep getting thrashed. I accept that this is often said in the heat of the moment, but if any of us spoke to customers like that, we would be sacked. You have to learn to rise above it when it's your job. For me, the directors made the right decision, both for the football and for the man's arrogant and rude attitude to the fans and as I said when he left the first time, I hope we don't have him back again.
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 13:58 - Mar 5 with 2809 viewsMoonyDale

The past 2 seasons.....Enuff said.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:02 - Mar 5 with 2770 viewskiwidale

This is not the Time for this.

This is not the time for bickering.

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:07 - Mar 5 with 2744 viewsBrierls

Are you really that desperate for attention?
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:07 - Mar 5 with 2741 viewsWizard

Spot on Ninco, agree completely with your comments. One person everyone seems to be forgetting in all this is Dave Flitcroft. I think he was the real driving force when they were here together in Hill's first tenure. Look at him now, I would have him back tomorrow. Doesn't stand any messing, knows the club, like to play football. Flicker i would welcome him back with open arms! One small problem, Mansfield look like coming up and Dale going the other way.

Poll: Player of the season 18/19

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:22 - Mar 5 with 2675 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:07 - Mar 5 by Brierls

Are you really that desperate for attention?

Hard to tell who that was aimed at are you really that gutless?

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:33 - Mar 5 with 2613 viewskel

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:22 - Mar 5 by kiwidale

Hard to tell who that was aimed at are you really that gutless?

I’d have thought it was fairly obvious who it was aimed at. The problem on this board is that opening posts can’t be ‘quoted’ so maybe that’s what confused you.
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:36 - Mar 5 with 2595 viewsCedar_Room

far far far more good times than bad under Hill - but surely one of the most sickening moments as a Dale fan was FC United of Manchester in the cup. Televised game. Non league opposition. Packed away end. Late winner for them and a niggling suspicion that Hilly was pleased for FCUM. Still gives me nightmares that game.
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:38 - Mar 5 with 2579 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:33 - Mar 5 by kel

I’d have thought it was fairly obvious who it was aimed at. The problem on this board is that opening posts can’t be ‘quoted’ so maybe that’s what confused you.

If so and Im not convinced I will willingly apologise. It was a silly and uncalled for remark irrespective of who it was aimed at.

edit to add on reflection I accept the comment was aimed at the OP and I apologise to Brierls for my tasteless and unnecessary comment.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 14:42]

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:43 - Mar 5 with 2532 viewskiwidale

This whole thread lacks class.

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:43 - Mar 5 with 2528 viewskel

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:38 - Mar 5 by kiwidale

If so and Im not convinced I will willingly apologise. It was a silly and uncalled for remark irrespective of who it was aimed at.

edit to add on reflection I accept the comment was aimed at the OP and I apologise to Brierls for my tasteless and unnecessary comment.

I very much think it was called for as the OP seems to have near enough wannked himself to death over hill going, hence his numerous threads. Don’t hear a peep from him normally unless it’s a dummy spit about not getting his regular seat for a cup game or telling us about how he travels on the bus to games.

It’s pathetic.
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:44 - Mar 5 with 2511 viewskel

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:43 - Mar 5 by kiwidale

This whole thread lacks class.

We can definitely agree on that.
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:45 - Mar 5 with 2511 viewsNinco

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:33 - Mar 5 by kel

Well that's a surprise. Kel disagreeing with my posts. Perhaps if he actually went to matches his opinion would be worth it's salt.
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:46 - Mar 5 with 2494 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:43 - Mar 5 by kel

I very much think it was called for as the OP seems to have near enough wannked himself to death over hill going, hence his numerous threads. Don’t hear a peep from him normally unless it’s a dummy spit about not getting his regular seat for a cup game or telling us about how he travels on the bus to games.

It’s pathetic.

Fair comment I just think this thread should be locked now before it gets any worse.

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:52 - Mar 5 with 2459 viewsNinco

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:43 - Mar 5 by kel

It’s pathetic.

I'm just as entitled to post on here as you are. You say I am making too many posts, but you are making negative responses to every one of them, so who is the obsessed one?

If you don't like what you see, scroll past. In fact, I will do it for you and pop you on ignore so you can't see any of them.

Enjoy the game Saturday.
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 15:16 - Mar 5 with 2370 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I do tend to agree with a lot of this, whilst at the same time having great appreciation for the good times Hill’s brought us.

The last 2 seasons have been generally shocking except for the cup run, both on and off the pitch. Stupid decision after stupid decision, be it the sweetmore debacle, lousy signings, players out of position, catering, carriages, ceo appointments, commercial failings, fixture boards, gold bond, need I go on?

Hill is to blame for a lot of this, but so are many others, who don’t seem to have accepted their role in this debacle.

I genuinely wish Keith all the best and thank him for the good things he has done here, and he will be remembered as the most successful manager we ever had. I feel for Keith’s overall well being and state of mind and even his mental health overall, he has looked a broken man for a while, obviously the loss of his father a big part of this.

Anyway, all the best Keith, you have your flaws, but don’t we all!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 15:29 - Mar 5 with 2306 viewskel

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:52 - Mar 5 by Ninco

I'm just as entitled to post on here as you are. You say I am making too many posts, but you are making negative responses to every one of them, so who is the obsessed one?

If you don't like what you see, scroll past. In fact, I will do it for you and pop you on ignore so you can't see any of them.

Enjoy the game Saturday.

How superbly ironic from the odd shaped head oddball who marks most of my posts down.

So you’re putting me on ignore AGAIN then until I show you up the next time? Wonderful. Don’t forget to mention you’re autistic on your way out will you?

Erm, not sure you understand how the ignore function works, you utter halfwit.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 15:31]
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 16:48 - Mar 5 with 2141 viewsBrierls

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 14:38 - Mar 5 by kiwidale

It was aimed at the OP.

The reason for the "Keith Hill - The Good Times" thread was to recognise what Hilly did for the club, the success he brought, and the relative heights we reached under his management. To remember everything despite the shit that we've endured of late which has led to his dismissal.

There wasn't a need for an opposing thread, the bad times have been discussed to death and Hilly is no longer manager of the club.

It may sound overly dramatic, even emotive, but anybody who can take pleasure or revel in the sacking of our best ever manager is a bit of a c unt. There are prominent posters who were vocal in calling for Hilly's head, but have the class and decency to respect what he achieved at the club.
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 16:56 - Mar 5 with 2092 viewsboromat

If I look at all the seasons I've watched Dale the last two seasons are the worst under Hill but still rate in the top half of all of those seasons. Only probably the play off pushes with Parkin and Hollins might be above the last two seasons as they were more enjoyable but at a lower level league wise.

All the other seasons under other managers were worse than the last two seasons and by some distance. Not only were we at the bottom end of League Two (As it's called now) we'd never in a million years take Spurs back to their place for a return leg and compete for 45 minutes!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 16:57 - Mar 5 with 2085 viewsJames1980

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 16:48 - Mar 5 by Brierls

It was aimed at the OP.

The reason for the "Keith Hill - The Good Times" thread was to recognise what Hilly did for the club, the success he brought, and the relative heights we reached under his management. To remember everything despite the shit that we've endured of late which has led to his dismissal.

There wasn't a need for an opposing thread, the bad times have been discussed to death and Hilly is no longer manager of the club.

It may sound overly dramatic, even emotive, but anybody who can take pleasure or revel in the sacking of our best ever manager is a bit of a c unt. There are prominent posters who were vocal in calling for Hilly's head, but have the class and decency to respect what he achieved at the club.

Get the impression OP'r never wanted Hilly to come back after he defected over to Yorkshire.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 17:46 - Mar 5 with 1963 viewskel

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 16:57 - Mar 5 by James1980

Get the impression OP'r never wanted Hilly to come back after he defected over to Yorkshire.

The OP isn’t a full shilling (you might have to look that one up, James) tbf. Its funny watching him work himself into a frenzy over other males though.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 19:14]
Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 17:58 - Mar 5 with 1924 views442Dale

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 16:57 - Mar 5 by James1980

On that score, tomorrow’s Observer feels fit to say that “a number of them never forgave him for quitting Dale to take a shot at Championship management with Barnsley in 2011”. What number is this from their extensive research?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 18:01 - Mar 5 with 1909 viewsJames1980

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 17:58 - Mar 5 by 442Dale

On that score, tomorrow’s Observer feels fit to say that “a number of them never forgave him for quitting Dale to take a shot at Championship management with Barnsley in 2011”. What number is this from their extensive research?

A poll perhaps ?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 18:04 - Mar 5 with 1898 viewsSuddenLad

It's obvious if you spend some time reading these boards. Terms such as 'Judas' and 'traitor' have been levelled at KH since the day he returned for his latest spell.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 18:06 - Mar 5 with 1881 viewsSalwaDale

It is true though, a number didn't forgive him. Might be a very low number but it was a number.

I think this is a fair thread actually, despite being 100% in the Hill in brigade. Helps put an end to things. Maybe we can all pull back together and go again. Only time will be able to judge if the board did the right thing, but I certainly hope so. The new good times are calling.

TBBT

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 18:07 - Mar 5 with 1880 viewsMoonyDale

Keith Hill - The Bad Times on 18:04 - Mar 5 by SuddenLad

It's obvious if you spend some time reading these boards. Terms such as 'Judas' and 'traitor' have been levelled at KH since the day he returned for his latest spell.

I don't think anyone would begrudge a manager moving onto a bigger club to try and better themselves or get a new challenge, the way it was done though left a very nasty taste for quite a few fans.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024