Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrewbury highlights 13:08 - Mar 10 with 2421 viewselectricblue

Must agree now ive seen it that the shrewsbury goal came from the crossed ball that had passed over the line......

Video link.

[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 14:05]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Shrewbury highlights on 13:13 - Mar 10 with 2395 viewsColDale

Their manager claimed that McNulty was offside when he scored. Looks like he may have had a point.
Shrewbury highlights on 13:40 - Mar 10 with 2313 viewsD_Alien

This "ball was out of play" nonsense for their goal - if anyone can produce a freeze frame showing the whole of the ball over the line i'll donate £10 to their chosen charity

As well as my own eyes, the most telling thing for me is Kgosi is very close to the incident and makes no indication whatsoever that it might've been out of play - and players usually appeal on the half-chance these days

*Kgosi name edit - won't be my last!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 15:19]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Shrewbury highlights on 14:23 - Mar 10 with 2171 viewsSandyDrum

https://ibb.co/2yH44HD

That's about as close to the Shrews player hitting the ball that i can get.
Looks out of play.

However Jim also looks offside so swings and roundabouts.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 14:26]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Shrewbury highlights on 14:37 - Mar 10 with 2133 viewsfunkkk

Shrewbury highlights on 14:23 - Mar 10 by SandyDrum

https://ibb.co/2yH44HD

That's about as close to the Shrews player hitting the ball that i can get.
Looks out of play.

However Jim also looks offside so swings and roundabouts.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 14:26]

Looks pretty conclusive.
Shrewbury highlights on 14:55 - Mar 10 with 2098 viewsdingdangblue

Shrewbury highlights on 13:13 - Mar 10 by ColDale

Their manager claimed that McNulty was offside when he scored. Looks like he may have had a point.

Lucky for us its not when he scored but when Kgosi shoots.
He's onside - Ive freeze framed it and there is a Shrewsbury player with his foot inside the six yard box - Jim is on the edge of the six yard so most likely level.

[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 15:58]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Shrewbury highlights on 15:05 - Mar 10 with 2077 viewsbatfink

Shrewbury highlights on 13:40 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

This "ball was out of play" nonsense for their goal - if anyone can produce a freeze frame showing the whole of the ball over the line i'll donate £10 to their chosen charity

As well as my own eyes, the most telling thing for me is Kgosi is very close to the incident and makes no indication whatsoever that it might've been out of play - and players usually appeal on the half-chance these days

[IMG] http://i68.tinypic.com/2urvw5y.jpg[/IMG]
Shrewbury highlights on 15:11 - Mar 10 with 2050 viewsD_Alien

Thanks for the images guys, and yep, they're pretty conclusive...

...demonstrating beyond doubt that the ball, if you're taking it as the farthest point forward it reached, is hovering above the line, slightly off the ground with at least a third of it still in play, probably more

Shrewbury highlights on 15:15 - Mar 10 with 2032 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Shrewbury highlights on 15:05 - Mar 10 by batfink

[IMG] http://i68.tinypic.com/2urvw5y.jpg[/IMG]

Good shot Batty.......your pic also reveals that the lino is nowhere near the incident in fact he is well behind the play looking down at his feet in the highlights vid......hoping he does n't fall over in the San Spotty mud.

Useless
Login to get fewer ads

Shrewbury highlights on 17:53 - Mar 10 with 1839 viewsShun

Shrewbury highlights on 13:40 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

The screenshot I posted in the other thread certainly looks like the ball is out of play, as does the one posted by batfink. The difficulty is it’s impossible to say with any certainty one way or another without having a better angle. Tbf, the linesman is behind play so his angle isn’t much better than ours - surely if he’s unsure the safer option would be to give a goal kick.
Shrewbury highlights on 18:02 - Mar 10 with 1811 viewsD_Alien

Shrewbury highlights on 17:53 - Mar 10 by Shun

The screenshot I posted in the other thread certainly looks like the ball is out of play, as does the one posted by batfink. The difficulty is it’s impossible to say with any certainty one way or another without having a better angle. Tbf, the linesman is behind play so his angle isn’t much better than ours - surely if he’s unsure the safer option would be to give a goal kick.

On the contrary, i'm afraid

The officials can't award a goalkick unless there's sufficient indication the ball was FULLY over the line. I'm amazed, looking at every bit of evidence, anyone could possibly think that!

Look at Kgosi. Absolutely nothing in his actions to indicate he - as perhaps the most interested observer of the ball along with their player - thought the ball might remotely have been out

[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 18:03]

Shrewbury highlights on 18:38 - Mar 10 with 1707 viewsShun

Shrewbury highlights on 18:02 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

On the contrary, i'm afraid

The officials can't award a goalkick unless there's sufficient indication the ball was FULLY over the line. I'm amazed, looking at every bit of evidence, anyone could possibly think that!

Look at Kgosi. Absolutely nothing in his actions to indicate he - as perhaps the most interested observer of the ball along with their player - thought the ball might remotely have been out

[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 18:03]

The screenshot I posted elsewhere was from a fraction of a second later and the ball looks slightly further out. It really is difficult to say one way or another with any certainty though - the varying opinions on here show that too. The camera angle just doesn’t allow for that. Officials have a tendency to favour the defender in situations when they’re not certain - such as not giving penalties if they’re in any doubt. From his position behind play he simply can’t be certain so I would think the most fair decision would be to award a goal kick.

As for Ntlhe, I would say his choice not to question the decision says more about his professionalism than anything else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024