Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boeing 737 Max 8 09:33 - Mar 12 with 3476 viewsaleanddale

After the Lion air and Ethiopia crashes would you want to fly on Boeings new 737 Max 8?

They have orders for over 5000 on the books they need to get this sorted sooner rather than later.

Brand new planes coming down in very similar circumstances just after take off.

Just to put it into focus TUI will fly 15 of this aircraft out of / into the UK today!
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 10:19 - Mar 12 with 3401 viewsmingthemerciless

I'm a nervous flier at the best of times. I wouldn't fancy getting on one of those just at the moment. It could well be that I wouldn't go up the steps if I saw that was what we were flying on. Have planes become too complicated ? Are we relying on computers too much in aircraft these days ?

Two almost new planes going straight down to earth or the sea in such a short time can't just be a coincidence surely. Looking at the hole in the ground of the latest crash the aircraft must have come almost vertically down. Terrible.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 10:53 - Mar 12 with 3354 viewsSandyDrum

I work in the business travel industry and have a massive interest in the aviation industry.

At this moment in time we have absolutely 0 preliminary information about the crash of ET302 on Sunday apart from the fact that it crashed 6 minutes after take-off.

The black boxes are being read as we speak and I am sure we will have more information maybe later today or tomorrow.

As far as we know this could be simple pilot error or something completely unrelated to the MCAS problems regarding the Lion Air crash - there's no need for anybody to overreact or make knee jerk decisions.

Now if it is MCAS related, then I agree the fleet should be grounded until Boeing have completed their software patch (due out in the next few weeks) - but let's just wait and see until we have some preliminary reports out of Ethiopia.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 11:00 - Mar 12 with 3337 viewsDaleiLama

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 10:53 - Mar 12 by SandyDrum

I work in the business travel industry and have a massive interest in the aviation industry.

At this moment in time we have absolutely 0 preliminary information about the crash of ET302 on Sunday apart from the fact that it crashed 6 minutes after take-off.

The black boxes are being read as we speak and I am sure we will have more information maybe later today or tomorrow.

As far as we know this could be simple pilot error or something completely unrelated to the MCAS problems regarding the Lion Air crash - there's no need for anybody to overreact or make knee jerk decisions.

Now if it is MCAS related, then I agree the fleet should be grounded until Boeing have completed their software patch (due out in the next few weeks) - but let's just wait and see until we have some preliminary reports out of Ethiopia.

Thanks for your informative post SD. I know there are a few relatively frequent fliers on here. Please would you post your thoughts again when findings are known? I'll keep an eye on it too, but you can never have too much info on such matters.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 11:13 - Mar 12 with 3299 viewsSandyDrum

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 11:00 - Mar 12 by DaleiLama

Thanks for your informative post SD. I know there are a few relatively frequent fliers on here. Please would you post your thoughts again when findings are known? I'll keep an eye on it too, but you can never have too much info on such matters.

Absolutely.

I mean I have my suspicions that it will be related to the Lion Air accident but then again I'm by no means an expert.

I totally understand people's concerns, I had 4 passengers cancel flights because they were booked on the MAX yesterday.

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 11:27 - Mar 12 with 3271 viewsaleanddale

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 11:13 - Mar 12 by SandyDrum

Absolutely.

I mean I have my suspicions that it will be related to the Lion Air accident but then again I'm by no means an expert.

I totally understand people's concerns, I had 4 passengers cancel flights because they were booked on the MAX yesterday.

I am also a nervous flyer.

There is no way I would be getting on the Boeing 737 Max 8 until a full report has been made public and some reassurances given.

Poor sods on the Ethiopia flight it does look like it has come down vertically.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 11:31 - Mar 12 with 3265 viewsflyerdale

I flew on one on Sunday evening with ThaiLionair just after the news of the second crash. They are still using them now even after China etc have grounded all the same model aircraft in their countries.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 11:33 - Mar 12 with 3262 viewsSandyDrum

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 11:27 - Mar 12 by aleanddale

I am also a nervous flyer.

There is no way I would be getting on the Boeing 737 Max 8 until a full report has been made public and some reassurances given.

Poor sods on the Ethiopia flight it does look like it has come down vertically.

I fully respect that - I think Boeing are probably sat there praying the pilot made a catastrophic error as horrible as that sounds.

Makes you wonder, if this had happened with a plane load of tourists going from say Manchester - Malaga I think you would have seen all of them grounded within 24 hours of the accident.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 11:33]

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 12:16 - Mar 12 with 3186 viewselectricblue

Im.sure Boeing said that they will roll a software update.
For what i havent a clue.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 13:16 - Mar 12 with 3105 viewsmingthemerciless

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 11:33 - Mar 12 by SandyDrum

I fully respect that - I think Boeing are probably sat there praying the pilot made a catastrophic error as horrible as that sounds.

Makes you wonder, if this had happened with a plane load of tourists going from say Manchester - Malaga I think you would have seen all of them grounded within 24 hours of the accident.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 11:33]

Can I also add my appreciation for your posts. I thought I read somewhere that the aircraft that crashed in the Phillipines wasn't actually airworthy and shouldn't have been flying.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 13:27 - Mar 12 with 3082 viewsmingthemerciless

Just been on the news that that particular aircraft type has been banned from UK airspace !
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 14:02 - Mar 12 with 2999 viewsaleanddale

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 13:16 - Mar 12 by mingthemerciless

Can I also add my appreciation for your posts. I thought I read somewhere that the aircraft that crashed in the Phillipines wasn't actually airworthy and shouldn't have been flying.

that's the worry it was a new ( ish ) 737 max 8.

if true banned in UK airspace ( pending investigations ) that's got to be a good thing.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 17:50 - Mar 12 with 2845 viewskiwidale

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 13:27 - Mar 12 by mingthemerciless

Just been on the news that that particular aircraft type has been banned from UK airspace !

Who was it that said there's no need for anybody to overreact or make knee jerk decisions. Im glad sandy drum is not in charge of grounding them.

This is not the time for bickering.

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 09:23 - Mar 13 with 2633 viewsSandyDrum

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 17:50 - Mar 12 by kiwidale

Who was it that said there's no need for anybody to overreact or make knee jerk decisions. Im glad sandy drum is not in charge of grounding them.

I don't particularly think it's an overreaction or a knee jerk decision.

They haven't grounded them and said they'll never fly again, they've just done it as a precaution until we know more about the crash.

Can't say I disagree with the decision either, it appears well thought through.

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 10:14 - Mar 13 with 2598 viewsscooby

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 13:16 - Mar 12 by mingthemerciless

i think i read that they went through full pre live testing / shake down in early Feb (4th i think), this provided the all clear to fly.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 12:36 - Mar 13 with 2529 viewsmingthemerciless

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 10:14 - Mar 13 by scooby

i think i read that they went through full pre live testing / shake down in early Feb (4th i think), this provided the all clear to fly.

Which aircraft are we talking about here Scooby ? The one that crashed in the Phillipines or the one in Ethiopia ?
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 13:20 - Mar 13 with 2502 viewsscooby

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 12:36 - Mar 13 by mingthemerciless

Which aircraft are we talking about here Scooby ? The one that crashed in the Phillipines or the one in Ethiopia ?

that's a fair point, doubt they can test a plane in Feb if it crashed in Nov.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 20:08 - Mar 13 with 2389 viewsDaleaholic

Since the crash, Boeing have reportedly lost 37 billion dollars.

I'm good friends with a few pilots, some fly Airbus and others Boeing. From speaking with them, they've been made aware that the pilots of the aircraft that crashed reported having trouble controlling the aircraft with 'Unreliable airspeed'. This comes from other pilots who were on the same radio frequency at the time of the incident.

I believe all 737 Max aircraft have now been grounded worldwide, which is the best thing to do until the latest crash is investigated and the cause determined. I'm sure we'll all have answers soon.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 19:37 - Mar 14 with 2179 viewsNigeriamark

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 20:08 - Mar 13 by Daleaholic

Since the crash, Boeing have reportedly lost 37 billion dollars.

I'm good friends with a few pilots, some fly Airbus and others Boeing. From speaking with them, they've been made aware that the pilots of the aircraft that crashed reported having trouble controlling the aircraft with 'Unreliable airspeed'. This comes from other pilots who were on the same radio frequency at the time of the incident.

I believe all 737 Max aircraft have now been grounded worldwide, which is the best thing to do until the latest crash is investigated and the cause determined. I'm sure we'll all have answers soon.

Interesting that Trump reckons they should support keeping them flying as he can see a huge USA company getting into severe financial difficulties over this. Bet if it was airbus he would have laid into them on safety. No choice but to ground them subject to confirming no connection it’s not a design issue
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 17:11 - Mar 19 with 2033 viewsPGB

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 10:19 - Mar 12 by mingthemerciless

I'm a nervous flier at the best of times. I wouldn't fancy getting on one of those just at the moment. It could well be that I wouldn't go up the steps if I saw that was what we were flying on. Have planes become too complicated ? Are we relying on computers too much in aircraft these days ?

Two almost new planes going straight down to earth or the sea in such a short time can't just be a coincidence surely. Looking at the hole in the ground of the latest crash the aircraft must have come almost vertically down. Terrible.

Can't believe that Ming is a nervous flyer, you flew far enough to destroy the earth. Unless you are wary of Flash
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 18:13 - Mar 19 with 1969 viewswatford_dale

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 19:37 - Mar 14 by Nigeriamark

Interesting that Trump reckons they should support keeping them flying as he can see a huge USA company getting into severe financial difficulties over this. Bet if it was airbus he would have laid into them on safety. No choice but to ground them subject to confirming no connection it’s not a design issue

The safety certification process is performed by the Federal Air Administration before the plane be ready to come into operation. The FAA outsourced key elements of the certification process to Boeing, you can't make this up, in order to get the plane to market faster as they are in competition with the Airbus. How was it ever not going to pass????
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 22:08 - Mar 19 with 1779 viewsmingthemerciless

Boeing 737 Max 8 on 17:11 - Mar 19 by PGB

Can't believe that Ming is a nervous flyer, you flew far enough to destroy the earth. Unless you are wary of Flash

Have you seen my rocket ship ? It's not exactly hi tech.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 16:10 - Mar 22 with 1607 viewsBigKindo

Indonesian Airlines cancels it's order for 49 Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft worth $ US 4.9bn.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 18:17 - Mar 22 with 1526 viewsmingthemerciless

This is going to get serious for Boeing.
Boeing 737 Max 8 on 18:31 - Mar 22 with 1516 viewsBigKindo

The Airbus 380 is to be discontinued in 2021. This must be an opportunity to increase 330 production to fill a gap in the market otherwise it appears that there could be a severe shortage of modern aircraft.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024