Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. 17:49 - Mar 14 with 55300 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/march/sunderlandmatch_importantinformati

I can't wait to see how our pretty useless stewards handle this one. Potential for chaos
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 18:13]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 17:53 - Mar 14 with 18982 viewsflyerdale

I expect they are going to house them where I have my season ticket in the end block nearest the willbutts lane stand. I won't be buying one again if so
Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 17:53 - Mar 14 with 18964 viewsShun

Pleased we’re trying something to maximise revenue. I would’ve given them more than an extra 500. Is the Family Stand the corner of the TDS closest to the main stand? If so it might seem a bit strange separating them from the rest of their fans rather than seating them in the opposite corner.
Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 17:54 - Mar 14 with 18971 viewsSandyDrum

*EDIT*
Had a think and I guess 500 x 20 is and extra 10k in the bank.

Just hope we can at least be moderately organised, we don't have the best track record of having things organised in time.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 17:58]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 17:57 - Mar 14 with 18931 viewsflyerdale

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 17:53 - Mar 14 by Shun

Pleased we’re trying something to maximise revenue. I would’ve given them more than an extra 500. Is the Family Stand the corner of the TDS closest to the main stand? If so it might seem a bit strange separating them from the rest of their fans rather than seating them in the opposite corner.

All of the stand is the family stand.
Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 17:58 - Mar 14 with 18919 viewsSandyDrum

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 17:57 - Mar 14 by flyerdale

All of the stand is the family stand.

Didn't know that, thought it was just the corner closest to the Main Stand.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 18:02 - Mar 14 with 18891 viewsfunkkk

Just give 'em the Sandy.
Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 18:21 - Mar 14 with 18767 viewsToffeemanc

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 17:53 - Mar 14 by flyerdale

I expect they are going to house them where I have my season ticket in the end block nearest the willbutts lane stand. I won't be buying one again if so

That's the same as my thoughts.
I have a season Ticket in Pearl street and if I receive a letter from them about moving I will be sending it back to them along with my season ticket and any renewal forms they send.

This new board are only interested in the money and not the football or the fans. They have already proved with Hills sacking that they are not to be trusted. We will outsung in the home ends and look even more tinpot than usual just so the board can make some more cash to pay Hill off with as it won't go towards the team.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 18:28 - Mar 14 with 18711 viewsflyerdale

I've been told it is that block. Theyve just lost another season ticket holder. I can earn decent money on Saturdays instead.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 18:29 - Mar 14 with 18702 viewsNorthernDale

Keep the Dale fans in the Sandy and give the Sunderland fans the Pearl Street instead, I would prefer the stand in the Sandy, rather the sit down.
Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 18:32 - Mar 14 with 18675 viewsoddjob007

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 18:21 - Mar 14 by Toffeemanc

I have a season Ticket in Pearl street and if I receive a letter from them about moving I will be sending it back to them along with my season ticket and any renewal forms they send.

This new board are only interested in the money and not the football or the fans. They have already proved with Hills sacking that they are not to be trusted. We will outsung in the home ends and look even more tinpot than usual just so the board can make some more cash to pay Hill off with as it won't go towards the team.

Bet you’re furious about Hill being sacked too?

We have to maximise these revenue opportunities whenever we can.

You don’t sit on the board of Rochdale football club if you’re into money grabbing.

A lot of Rochdale fans baffle me, they really do. “We went down skint, but at least Hill is still here and I got to sit in my seat.”
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 18:33]
Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 18:38 - Mar 14 with 18630 viewsToffeemanc

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 18:32 - Mar 14 by oddjob007

Bet you’re furious about Hill being sacked too?

We have to maximise these revenue opportunities whenever we can.

You don’t sit on the board of Rochdale football club if you’re into money grabbing.

A lot of Rochdale fans baffle me, they really do. “We went down skint, but at least Hill is still here and I got to sit in my seat.”
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 18:33]

Not furious at all I wanted Hill to be sacked and thought he should have been at Christmas.

I'd normally agree with you about the board but I can already see a change with this current board and would be willing to put money on the fact that the supposed relationship between the board and the fans will only get worse in the next 12 months.

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 18:56 - Mar 14 with 18473 viewsjudd

Assuming £10k extra revenue, less VAT, less security costs, less additional turnstile operator costs, less cost of potential repairs, loss of goodwill.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 19:00 - Mar 14 with 18447 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sunderland fans to be the home stands. on 18:21 - Mar 14 by Toffeemanc

If you get a seat in the same stand, are you not making a mountain out of a molehill? If I had been moved from the Sandy I would’ve wouldnt are been worried. I suspect the police vetoed that as they could have filled it at £22 a pop

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:00 - Mar 14 with 18442 viewsdale1968

Any extra revenue gained will be swallowed up by the GMP Bill for their Policing Operation.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:02 - Mar 14 with 18427 viewsdale_spotland

Seems like a complete waste of time to me, considering how much we will actually make once we have paid for extra policing etc, is it really worth it when you know for a fact it will anger a lot of the home support.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:08 - Mar 14 with 18369 viewsNoxidgiarc

To be fair if they bring 4500 it's about 4000 more than all the other teams in the league barring a few, plus the extra locals that will attend because it's a big game.

The ticket office told me before the Bradford away game that all the hospitality was sold out before that match.

With the extra 4000 tickets it's an extra £90,000 income before any of the extra locals.

We may be in the same league footballing wise but why not capitalise on the extra income where we can. We aren't the first club in the league to do it, and I doubt we'd be the last.

If 90k of extra income from visiting fans can come into the club I'd happily give up my seats for 90 minutes. If it get the Tottenham atmosphere and we up our game who knows what it could do for our season.

Sunderland aren't renowned for being trouble causers let's hope we don't embarass our club.
Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:13 - Mar 14 with 18312 viewsfrenzied

They play Accy 3 days before..I’d be interested to know what the arrangements are there
Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:14 - Mar 14 with 18310 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:00 - Mar 14 by dale1968

Any extra revenue gained will be swallowed up by the GMP Bill for their Policing Operation.

Surely there will be loads of police anyway

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:20 - Mar 14 with 18266 viewskiwidale

In this age of détente between club and fans did the club seek any input from the trust before announcing this decision? it seems like a storm in a teacup a purely financial decision but I am not effected nor do I know the real monetary gain after any extra cost incurred.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 19:23]

This is not the time for bickering.

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:25 - Mar 14 with 18248 viewsBartRowou

Plus it's that time of the year again when the Sandy/Wilbutts gate is mysteriously closed at the end of the game.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:31 - Mar 14 with 18187 viewsNigeriamark

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:08 - Mar 14 by Noxidgiarc

To be fair if they bring 4500 it's about 4000 more than all the other teams in the league barring a few, plus the extra locals that will attend because it's a big game.

The ticket office told me before the Bradford away game that all the hospitality was sold out before that match.

With the extra 4000 tickets it's an extra £90,000 income before any of the extra locals.

We may be in the same league footballing wise but why not capitalise on the extra income where we can. We aren't the first club in the league to do it, and I doubt we'd be the last.

If 90k of extra income from visiting fans can come into the club I'd happily give up my seats for 90 minutes. If it get the Tottenham atmosphere and we up our game who knows what it could do for our season.

Sunderland aren't renowned for being trouble causers let's hope we don't embarass our club.

This thread shows why the club has to make the decisions not the fans. If we turn down the revenue some fans will be unhappy. and if as is the case they decide to maximise revenue then a different set of fans will be unhappy . In a no win situation they have to decide which way to go and I fit into me would back there decision either way. The announcement seems decent enough as it explains what they are doing and why as well as apologising to those affected. Not sure what else they can do
Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:33 - Mar 14 with 18208 viewsjudd

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:31 - Mar 14 by Nigeriamark

This thread shows why the club has to make the decisions not the fans. If we turn down the revenue some fans will be unhappy. and if as is the case they decide to maximise revenue then a different set of fans will be unhappy . In a no win situation they have to decide which way to go and I fit into me would back there decision either way. The announcement seems decent enough as it explains what they are doing and why as well as apologising to those affected. Not sure what else they can do

They should explain the security arrangements.

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:34 - Mar 14 with 18195 viewsTVOS1907

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:33 - Mar 14 by judd

Piles of tyres as a blockade?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:35 - Mar 14 with 18181 viewsjudd

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:34 - Mar 14 by TVOS1907

Piles of tyres as a blockade?

They've all gone

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:40 - Mar 14 with 18117 viewsNigeriamark

Sunderland fans to be in the home stands. on 19:33 - Mar 14 by judd

They could but I don’t think it would pacify those upset at moving seats which seems to be the main complaint
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024