Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust 23:19 - Mar 15 with 8103 viewsjudd

Perhaps my question to the Trust board was lost in the midst of yet more annoyance created by the CEOs Sunderland ticketing bollox.

Was the Trust consulted and opinion sought with regards this issue?

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Trust on 00:54 - Mar 16 with 6152 viewsJames1980

Davey B's interview suggests they were. He claims the free ticket was a Trust idea.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Trust on 06:00 - Mar 16 with 6095 viewsColDale

Yes. Was mentioned that the club was planning this. The safety, financial and logistical implications were discussed. As James1980 says, we raised the idea of rather than just asking people to move seats, they were in some way compensated for doing so with a free ticket for another game, and the club were happy to implement that.
The Trust on 08:13 - Mar 16 with 6032 viewssmaclad1

The Trust on 06:00 - Mar 16 by ColDale

Yes. Was mentioned that the club was planning this. The safety, financial and logistical implications were discussed. As James1980 says, we raised the idea of rather than just asking people to move seats, they were in some way compensated for doing so with a free ticket for another game, and the club were happy to implement that.

How long ago was it discussed? As I've posted elsewhere the club have announced this late in the day bearing in mind fixtures have been known about since June last year.
The Trust on 08:13 - Mar 16 with 6032 viewsjudd

Why not ask people?

The Trust on 08:36 - Mar 16 with 5978 viewsD_Alien

How does a free ticket for someone else "compensate" the cost and inconvenience involved of having to schlep up to the ground - especially to those who live some distance away?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Trust on 08:58 - Mar 16 with 5927 viewsrafc1984

The Trust on 08:36 - Mar 16 by D_Alien

How does a free ticket for someone else "compensate" the cost and inconvenience involved of having to schlep up to the ground - especially to those who live some distance away?

This
More shit that's kept within a certain few.
My piss is boiling over this, I live way out of town and now have to go and queue to get my ticket, why didn't they consult/contact the what 50 people or so that have a season ticket in that block instead of the trust getting involved.

How many trust members have a season ticket in that block?
The Trust on 09:19 - Mar 16 with 5867 viewssmaclad1

The Trust on 08:58 - Mar 16 by rafc1984

This
More shit that's kept within a certain few.
My piss is boiling over this, I live way out of town and now have to go and queue to get my ticket, why didn't they consult/contact the what 50 people or so that have a season ticket in that block instead of the trust getting involved.

How many trust members have a season ticket in that block?

"boiling over"! Wow.

I'm a Trust member and I knew nowt about it. It's three affected blocks so there must be a reasonable number of affected ticket holders, whether Trust members or not so ticket queues at Scunny game likely to be significant.

Would have been easier for the club to allocate seats to the displaced thereby being able to keep people sat together, post out to all season ticket holders a ticket for the Sunderland game, and suspend the season ticket.
The Trust on 10:41 - Mar 16 with 5718 viewssykeboy

The Trust on 08:36 - Mar 16 by D_Alien

Exactly
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust on 12:16 - Mar 16 with 5590 viewsD_Alien

Wouldn't it be appropriate for the club to make a donation of say, £1000 out of the additional income from the Sunderland fixture to the Trust's fundraising effort for the 5-a-side pitch? In return for their compliance?

[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 12:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Trust on 12:44 - Mar 16 with 5529 viewsrochdale_ranger

The Trust on 12:16 - Mar 16 by D_Alien

Wouldn't it be appropriate for the club to make a donation of say, £1000 out of the additional income from the Sunderland fixture to the Trust's fundraising effort for the 5-a-side pitch? In return for their compliance?

The club should be funding their own renovations to its property rather then getting the begging bowl out.
The Trust on 12:53 - Mar 16 with 5506 viewssykeboy

The Trust on 12:16 - Mar 16 by D_Alien

It would have been more appropriate to offer a food/ drinks voucher rather that some poxy so called freebie which appears to have been a trust idea making it even more disappointing
The Trust on 12:58 - Mar 16 with 5490 viewsjudd

As it appears our reactions are causing the club to react in terms of ticket office opening etc., how about the club/Trust address the security and logistics concerns of fans who will be housed in the same stand as Sunderland fans?

Good point about the club being self funding, as they are certainly running the risk of eliminating fans goodwill.

The Trust on 14:32 - Mar 16 with 5385 viewsRAFCBLUE

The Trust on 12:58 - Mar 16 by judd

As it appears our reactions are causing the club to react in terms of ticket office opening etc., how about the club/Trust address the security and logistics concerns of fans who will be housed in the same stand as Sunderland fans?

Good point about the club being self funding, as they are certainly running the risk of eliminating fans goodwill.

The club must have had their plan for the Sunderland game signed off by the relevant safety authorities, which ergo must address the security and logistics of both sets of supporters presuming that it's implementation in April is as written.

Not really one for the Trust this based on the numbers.

Just over 500 Dale Trust members
2,600 season ticket holders

The club have done the relevant work to maximise income for the game and announced it and including opening the ground at 1pm, an hour earlier than usual.

What security and logistics concerns do fans that are housed in the same stand as Sunderland fans have?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

The Trust on 14:45 - Mar 16 with 5350 viewsjudd

The Trust on 14:32 - Mar 16 by RAFCBLUE

The club must have had their plan for the Sunderland game signed off by the relevant safety authorities, which ergo must address the security and logistics of both sets of supporters presuming that it's implementation in April is as written.

Not really one for the Trust this based on the numbers.

Just over 500 Dale Trust members
2,600 season ticket holders

The club have done the relevant work to maximise income for the game and announced it and including opening the ground at 1pm, an hour earlier than usual.

What security and logistics concerns do fans that are housed in the same stand as Sunderland fans have?

The stand will house families as well a Rochdale hooligan element and 500+ away fans. How will segregation be ensured? What sort of manning levels are going to be on show?

If you witnessed the pathetic attempts to quell violent factions at the Bradford game you might not feel so smug in your analysis.

The Trust on 14:45 - Mar 16 with 5347 viewsMolly

The Trust on 12:53 - Mar 16 by sykeboy

It would have been more appropriate to offer a food/ drinks voucher rather that some poxy so called freebie which appears to have been a trust idea making it even more disappointing

In hindsight it might have been a better idea to have offered a discount of say £10 off next years season ticket thereby encouraging "waiverers" to renew.
The Trust on 15:21 - Mar 16 with 5252 viewsRAFCBLUE

The Trust on 14:45 - Mar 16 by judd

The stand will house families as well a Rochdale hooligan element and 500+ away fans. How will segregation be ensured? What sort of manning levels are going to be on show?

If you witnessed the pathetic attempts to quell violent factions at the Bradford game you might not feel so smug in your analysis.

My thoughts FWIW:

The Rochdale hooligan element need to wind their necks in. From what I've witnessed in that end of the Ground in the past they have been allowed unfettered movement and disobedience to various Ground Regulations for some time. Seated in a smaller area and with other non-hooligan Dale fans hopefully they can spend 90 minutes enjoying the game. If they don't - chuck them out.

532 away fans will be separated via blocks with segregation between including separate turnstiles and food and drink arrangements. It was clearly stated in the video that there is no alcohol on sale for away fans in that end, but home fans can use the bar facilities.

In terms of steward numbers I'd expect them to have 50% more as they do for that stand normally. There will be netting over the segregation area (probably over the seats that make up the "D" of Dale in that stand) which should keep both sets of supporters safely separated. Stewards will stand on the steps in the away part of the stand between blocks V and W.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 15:22]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

The Trust on 15:31 - Mar 16 with 5217 viewsjudd

The Trust on 15:21 - Mar 16 by RAFCBLUE

My thoughts FWIW:

The Rochdale hooligan element need to wind their necks in. From what I've witnessed in that end of the Ground in the past they have been allowed unfettered movement and disobedience to various Ground Regulations for some time. Seated in a smaller area and with other non-hooligan Dale fans hopefully they can spend 90 minutes enjoying the game. If they don't - chuck them out.

532 away fans will be separated via blocks with segregation between including separate turnstiles and food and drink arrangements. It was clearly stated in the video that there is no alcohol on sale for away fans in that end, but home fans can use the bar facilities.

In terms of steward numbers I'd expect them to have 50% more as they do for that stand normally. There will be netting over the segregation area (probably over the seats that make up the "D" of Dale in that stand) which should keep both sets of supporters safely separated. Stewards will stand on the steps in the away part of the stand between blocks V and W.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 15:22]

I'd rather have it from the club or Trust, who according to col, were made aware, as far as I can tell from his post.

But thanks anyway.

The Trust on 17:49 - Mar 16 with 5061 viewsblackdogblue

The Trust on 12:53 - Mar 16 by sykeboy

Have you tried the food they offer at the moment??

Scandalous ...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

The Trust on 18:36 - Mar 16 with 5002 viewsToffeemanc

I keep reading blocks U, V & W with no official confirmation from the club other than informing us a letter would be sent. Can anyone confirm if the letter they have sent out contains any information on block/seat numbers?

Well my season ticket is in block W and I haven't received any letters from the club, does this mean I am not affected or just that the letter hasn't arrived.
Why can't the club simply put the information of affected seat numbers on the website, I simply don't understand why this can't be done.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The Trust on 20:31 - Mar 16 with 4877 viewsrafc1984

The Trust on 12:58 - Mar 16 by judd

I tried calling the ticket office today, no answer, I had a chance to go over today as I'm not 100% sure if I'll get to the scuny match due to work. If as it says in that letter I have to go in person theres a good chance I'll not get my ticket at all.
Not happy at all.
The Trust on 20:44 - Mar 16 with 4848 viewssykeboy

The Trust on 18:36 - Mar 16 by Toffeemanc

I keep reading blocks U, V & W with no official confirmation from the club other than informing us a letter would be sent. Can anyone confirm if the letter they have sent out contains any information on block/seat numbers?

Well my season ticket is in block W and I haven't received any letters from the club, does this mean I am not affected or just that the letter hasn't arrived.
Why can't the club simply put the information of affected seat numbers on the website, I simply don't understand why this can't be done.

The letter I’ve received states blocks U , V and W are to be displaced👎
The Trust on 20:46 - Mar 16 with 4838 viewsTVOS1907

The Trust on 20:31 - Mar 16 by rafc1984

I tried calling the ticket office today, no answer, I had a chance to go over today as I'm not 100% sure if I'll get to the scuny match due to work. If as it says in that letter I have to go in person theres a good chance I'll not get my ticket at all.
Not happy at all.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/march/extended-ticket-office-opening-hou

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Trust on 20:52 - Mar 16 with 4823 viewssykeboy

The Trust on 20:46 - Mar 16 by TVOS1907

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/march/extended-ticket-office-opening-hou

I do not understand or support this initiative as stated in OS link
The Trust on 20:58 - Mar 16 with 4807 viewsTVOS1907

The Trust on 20:52 - Mar 16 by sykeboy

I do not understand or support this initiative as stated in OS link

Fair enough, but it tells rafc1984 what to do if he can't get to the ground in person, which is why I linked it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Trust on 10:09 - Mar 17 with 4563 viewsrafc1984

The Trust on 20:46 - Mar 16 by TVOS1907

Yeah thanks for that. Doesn't help though as I don't live in Rochdale
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024