Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Marsh 13:42 - Mar 19 with 2852 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Very sad to read of the passing of Jim, a real clubman.
Jim Marsh on 13:46 - Mar 19 with 2840 viewsjudd

RIP Jim.

Very kind man who often fed fans on the Supporters coach.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Jim Marsh on 14:50 - Mar 19 with 2742 viewsjpresto

Played cricket with Jim when i was a kid at the old Fieldhouse cc on Whitworth Road behind the mill. He was a good left hand bat, great clubman and very helpful to the younger players. RIP Jim
Jim Marsh on 15:39 - Mar 19 with 2676 viewssykeboy

Jim Marsh on 14:50 - Mar 19 by jpresto

Played cricket with Jim when i was a kid at the old Fieldhouse cc on Whitworth Road behind the mill. He was a good left hand bat, great clubman and very helpful to the younger players. RIP Jim

Remember Jim myself from the old Fieldhouse a good man
Jim Marsh on 16:03 - Mar 19 with 2625 viewsSuddenLad

Jim Marsh was a great bloke; very approachable, friendly and he served the club well for many years. I am very sorry to hear of his passing and my thoughts go to his family & friends. RIP Jim.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jim Marsh on 16:42 - Mar 19 with 2564 viewsblackdogblue

Jim Marsh on 16:03 - Mar 19 by SuddenLad

Jim Marsh was a great bloke; very approachable, friendly and he served the club well for many years. I am very sorry to hear of his passing and my thoughts go to his family & friends. RIP Jim.

Echo that, very sad news..

RIP Jim

Hope the club honour him Saturday with a minutes applause / silence.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Jim Marsh on 01:37 - Mar 20 with 2236 viewspioneer

Jim stepped in as chairman after the Tommy Cannon fiasco and brought much needed stability and leadership at a time when the club was administratively at its lowest ebb.

I never knew him or spoke to him but he should always be remembered for his role in preserving league football in Rochdale.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends
Jim Marsh on 21:59 - Mar 20 with 2060 viewsColDale

Been asked to post this:

We have had quite a few people asking for details so for anyone wishing to pay their respects to my Grandad:

The funeral for will be held on Wednesday 3rd April 2019 at 12:45 at St James Church, Shaw, OL2 7TE followed by committal at 13:40 at Rochdale Crematorium, Bury Road, Rochdale, OL11 4DG.

Refreshments will be provided following this at Rochdale Football Club, Sandy Lane, Rochdale, OL11 5DR

All will be open to everyone who wishes to attend.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jim Marsh on 02:09 - Mar 21 with 1950 viewskiwidale

Any past custodians of Rochdale football club with very few exceptions deserve respect in life certainly in death. RIP Jim Marsh you played your part and for that Im grateful and although under a cloud somewhat by some I include the current board in that.

edit to add... its at times like this we should remember why we are here and put a stop to petty bickering, we all want the same thing its just the minor details that cause us to fight.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 2:12]

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024