Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland 15:45 - Mar 21 with 2839 viewsmacro

Started in style in Kazakhstan
Scotland on 16:12 - Mar 21 with 2808 viewsdeeplishblue

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Scotland on 16:18 - Mar 21 with 2789 viewsD_Alien

3-0 now

"It's the hope that kills you. At least they've killed it early"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scotland on 16:22 - Mar 21 with 2778 viewsdingdangblue

I was joking to a workmate the other day that even Scotland couldn't embarrass themselves to Kazakhstan...

spoke too soon.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Scotland on 16:43 - Mar 21 with 2740 viewsfitzochris

I'm enjoying some lively banter at the moment, that's for sure.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Scotland on 16:55 - Mar 21 with 2712 viewsEllDale

Where oh where are the descendants of Denis Law, Jim Baxter, Jimmy Johnstone, John White etc etc?
Scotland on 17:40 - Mar 21 with 2633 viewsjudd

Scotland on 16:55 - Mar 21 by EllDale

Where oh where are the descendants of Denis Law, Jim Baxter, Jimmy Johnstone, John White etc etc?

Barlinnie

Poll: What is it to be then?

Scotland on 19:00 - Mar 21 with 2546 viewsblackdogblue

Scotland on 17:40 - Mar 21 by judd

Barlinnie

Opening for KH?

Any Scottish blood in him?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Scotland on 19:51 - Mar 21 with 2491 viewsNigeriamark

Scotland on 19:00 - Mar 21 by blackdogblue

Opening for KH?

Don’t need to have Scottish blood to end up in Barlinie :-)
Login to get fewer ads

Scotland on 20:04 - Mar 21 with 2465 viewsjudd

Scotland on 19:51 - Mar 21 by Nigeriamark

Don’t need to have Scottish blood to end up in Barlinie :-)

Just spilled a great deal...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Scotland on 20:27 - Mar 21 with 2419 viewsD_Alien

Scotland on 19:00 - Mar 21 by blackdogblue

Opening for KH?

Wouldn't that be Benny Hill?

Scotland on 22:59 - Mar 21 with 2326 viewspioneer

After all of Nicola Sturgeons bluster, it took Scotland to show us how to exit europe.
Scotland on 00:01 - Mar 22 with 2262 viewsdalefertcup2

Scotland on 16:12 - Mar 21 by deeplishblue

Just the reason I enjoy their suffering....
Scotland on 08:01 - Mar 22 with 2169 viewsmingthemerciless

I don't know much about Khazakstan but the three goals they scored were three belters.
Scotland on 08:11 - Mar 22 with 2165 viewsNigeriamark

Scotland on 20:04 - Mar 21 by judd

Just spilled a great deal...

I have actually been inside there as well as the prison in Leeds in the days when I used to sell drugs. Just to clarify I was a sales rep for the pharmaceutical industry!!

Wouldn’t recommend either as permanent residence
Scotland on 08:16 - Mar 22 with 2160 viewsfitzochris

Scotland on 08:01 - Mar 22 by mingthemerciless

I don't know much about Khazakstan but the three goals they scored were three belters.

I'll tell you a little more. I'm having huge fun reciting these facts around friends and colleagues alike:

Kazakhstan are ranked 117th in the world, and had won only three of their previous 40 competitive matches before yesterday — against Andorra, Latvia and the Faroe Islands.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 11:15]

Scotland on 08:35 - Mar 22 with 2129 viewsmingthemerciless

Scotland on 08:16 - Mar 22 by fitzochris

I'll tell you a little more. I'm having huge fun reciting these facts around friends and colleagues alike:

Kazakhstan are ranked 117th in the world, and had won only three of their previous 40 competitive matches before yesterday — against Andorra, Latvia and the Faroe Islands.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 11:15]

What's gone wrong with the game in Scotland ? When I first started watching football every 1st Division team had a couple of top class Scots players.
Scotland on 08:49 - Mar 22 with 2116 viewsfitzochris

Scotland on 08:35 - Mar 22 by mingthemerciless

What's gone wrong with the game in Scotland ? When I first started watching football every 1st Division team had a couple of top class Scots players.

It's a long, long tale which includes gradual disparity of resource and teacher strikes.

I'd even have some sympathy if it wasn't for the fact they revel in every single England misfortune.

Scotland on 10:47 - Mar 22 with 2024 viewsdingdangblue

Stolen from Twitter...

'Fifa have announced their new world rankings and Scotland are now below the island Tom Hanks was stranded on in Castaway.'

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Scotland on 10:58 - Mar 22 with 2011 viewsDaleiLama

Scotland on 10:47 - Mar 22 by dingdangblue

Stolen from Twitter...

'Fifa have announced their new world rankings and Scotland are now below the island Tom Hanks was stranded on in Castaway.'

Castaway presumably had Bob in goal so they weren't too shabby …………….

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Scotland on 11:48 - Mar 22 with 1973 viewsD_Alien

Scotland on 10:47 - Mar 22 by dingdangblue

Stolen from Twitter...

Could be even more embarrassing if they get beat in the sequel, CastatHome

Scotland on 20:55 - Mar 22 with 1817 viewsBraemar60

One night in Astana was the worst I've witnessed in the years I've been following Scotland home and away. The first time I've envied the armchair viewer who can switch off at 3-0, a luxury I did not have.
Now, here in Bologna, I dread the sequel on Sunday. However, if I was at home, I'd be at Dale on Saturday. I know which is the cheaper of two evils but I'm not sure which is the lesser of two evils!
But as we all know from following our local and national teams home and away, we do as we do for the love of it, the people we go with and the places we go too.
Unfortunately, there's 90 minutes of suffering along the way for me and many like me but we still do it.
And yes, McLeish is showing the British Government how quickly leaving Europe can be done.
Scotland on 22:44 - Mar 22 with 1746 viewsmingthemerciless

Scotland on 20:55 - Mar 22 by Braemar60

One night in Astana was the worst I've witnessed in the years I've been following Scotland home and away. The first time I've envied the armchair viewer who can switch off at 3-0, a luxury I did not have.
Now, here in Bologna, I dread the sequel on Sunday. However, if I was at home, I'd be at Dale on Saturday. I know which is the cheaper of two evils but I'm not sure which is the lesser of two evils!
But as we all know from following our local and national teams home and away, we do as we do for the love of it, the people we go with and the places we go too.
Unfortunately, there's 90 minutes of suffering along the way for me and many like me but we still do it.
And yes, McLeish is showing the British Government how quickly leaving Europe can be done.

Fair play to anyone who made that journey. Where do you think the game went wrong in Scotland ? There were guys back in the day who barely got a cap but would walk into this team.
Scotland on 09:52 - Mar 23 with 1503 viewsBraemar60

Scotland on 22:44 - Mar 22 by mingthemerciless

Fair play to anyone who made that journey. Where do you think the game went wrong in Scotland ? There were guys back in the day who barely got a cap but would walk into this team.

Wish I knew! The calibre of player of days gone by just isn't there and there don't appear to be signs of that changing. There were better players that had dropped out of the squad but I still thought the players selected would have had enough about them to win.
Unfortunately, the ability to do the basics wasn't there. Complete lack of ideas and leadership on the pitch and off it. Coaching staff and players not good enough and none of those players could've come off the pitch on Thursday night and honestly say they gave it everything.
I hope for better news from Spotland today and tomorrow against Scunthorpe and Widnes.
Scotland on 10:12 - Mar 23 with 1483 viewsrochdale_ranger

Scotland on 09:52 - Mar 23 by Braemar60

Wish I knew! The calibre of player of days gone by just isn't there and there don't appear to be signs of that changing. There were better players that had dropped out of the squad but I still thought the players selected would have had enough about them to win.
Unfortunately, the ability to do the basics wasn't there. Complete lack of ideas and leadership on the pitch and off it. Coaching staff and players not good enough and none of those players could've come off the pitch on Thursday night and honestly say they gave it everything.
I hope for better news from Spotland today and tomorrow against Scunthorpe and Widnes.

Scotlands defence looked as pedestrian as ours under Hill. A really gutless performance the SFA should be made to reimburse the supporters who made the journey. As an aside what was Astana like?
Scotland on 11:17 - Mar 23 with 1445 viewsfitzochris

Scotland on 10:12 - Mar 23 by rochdale_ranger

Scotlands defence looked as pedestrian as ours under Hill. A really gutless performance the SFA should be made to reimburse the supporters who made the journey. As an aside what was Astana like?

Shinnie was the weak link. Really poor letting them in behind the way he did. Scotland do have quality players in the likes of Tierney and Robertson, but not enough spread throughout the team, which is why they need canny management and organisation.

In McLeish they are getting neither.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024