Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? 16:04 - Mar 22 with 2192 viewsBigKindo

Birmingham City deducted nine points for EFL profitability and sustainability rule breaches

Birmingham City are in their eighth consecutive season in the Championship
Birmingham City have been deducted nine points by the English Football League for breaching profitability and sustainability rules.

The sanction sees Blues drop from 13th to 18th in the Championship, five points above the relegation zone with eight games to play.

The EFL said Blues incurred losses of nearly £48.8m between 2015 and 2018.

That is almost £10m more than the accepted losses of £39m over a three-year period.

Both Birmingham City and the EFL have 14 days to appeal against the decision of an Independent Disciplinary Commission, which considered the matter on Monday.

It is understood that there will be no further financial penalties for the club, nor would they be under a future transfer embargo relating to this issue.

They are the first club to be deducted points since the EFL introduced its new profitability and sustainability regulations at the start of the 2016-17 season.

In January, Birmingham revealed a £37.5m loss in the 12 months to the end of June 2018, largely a result of their wage bill rising from £22m to almost £38m after an extensive recruitment drive in the summer of 2017.

In July 2018, they were put under a transfer embargo, which was lifted before Championship clubs were warned at a meeting in September of potential penalties - as high as 21 points - for breaches of spending regulations.

Blues had, by then, been given permission to sign five more loan players in August, but they were allowed only one signing in January.

From The BBC
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 16:08 - Mar 22 with 2182 viewsEllDale

Surely this didn't happen when the newly sainted Harry Redknapp was in charge?
They only avoided relegation in 2016/17 because Huddersfield sent a reserve team to St Andrews and were beaten 1-0.
I suppose it's poetic justice for when gary Rowett was unfairly sacked.
Feel sorry for Garry Monk though.
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 19:07 - Mar 22 with 2011 viewsNigeriamark

They really need to let a few clubs go to the wall to show they are serious . How can you justify increasing your wage bill from £22m to £38m ?. I think we all know if certain rules were enforced then dozens of club would be in serious trouble
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 19:34 - Mar 22 with 1973 viewsSuddenLad

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 19:07 - Mar 22 by Nigeriamark

They really need to let a few clubs go to the wall to show they are serious . How can you justify increasing your wage bill from £22m to £38m ?. I think we all know if certain rules were enforced then dozens of club would be in serious trouble

Which is exactly why they WON'T do it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 20:37 - Mar 22 with 1893 viewsceme_ender

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 19:07 - Mar 22 by Nigeriamark

I really don't get Dale fans obcession in wanting other football clubs to go to the wall/bust, go into administration/ liquidation, I find it quite strange, Bolton are struggling massively financially at the minute, they are the last team I would want to go bust, I would love to be playing and beating them most seasons ,that would be great. They are nights you remember, I don't get how you could take pleasure from another club going bust.
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 20:41 - Mar 22 with 1886 viewsfitzochris

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 20:37 - Mar 22 by ceme_ender

I really don't get Dale fans obcession in wanting other football clubs to go to the wall/bust, go into administration/ liquidation, I find it quite strange, Bolton are struggling massively financially at the minute, they are the last team I would want to go bust, I would love to be playing and beating them most seasons ,that would be great. They are nights you remember, I don't get how you could take pleasure from another club going bust.

Because it’s just desserts for fookin’ cheating.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 20:45 - Mar 22 with 1873 viewsTVOS1907

You're right, you really don't get it.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 20:57 - Mar 22 with 1847 viewsceme_ender

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 20:45 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

You're right, you really don't get it.

Never will, it's a very strange attitude.
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 21:40 - Mar 22 with 1791 viewsTVOS1907

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 20:57 - Mar 22 by ceme_ender

I wouldn't let it concern you.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 21:51 - Mar 22 with 1773 viewskiwidale

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 20:57 - Mar 22 by ceme_ender

Because its always the fans fault when rouge owners rape the club. I'm with you ceme I don't take pleasure at others demise, yes punish them maybe take the piss in their predicament but work with them to rehabilitate them. We need local rivalries they are a massive part of football I look forward to the day when Halifax Stockport even Darlington and Hartlepool are regular fixtures again irrespective of what league we are in.

This is not the time for bickering.

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 22:09 - Mar 22 with 1744 viewsnordenblue

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 21:51 - Mar 22 by kiwidale

Because its always the fans fault when rouge owners rape the club. I'm with you ceme I don't take pleasure at others demise, yes punish them maybe take the piss in their predicament but work with them to rehabilitate them. We need local rivalries they are a massive part of football I look forward to the day when Halifax Stockport even Darlington and Hartlepool are regular fixtures again irrespective of what league we are in.

So you think it's perfectly fine when our own club struggles like fook financially week by week just to compete with various other clubs, even staying in business seems a serious doubt continually, whilst others swan around CHEATING gloating how good they are,chucking money around they don't even have?

"Work with them to rehabilitate them",Jesus wept let's all club in and help them out,bless.... they should get a double relegation as a minimum or even start at the bottom of the pyramid again,it would soon slow this cheating down.

I'm afraid for me they can go to the fooking wall the lot of em, clubs like the Stockports of this world cant stay out the football league long enough.
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 22:21 - Mar 22 with 1715 viewsDiddyDave

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 22:09 - Mar 22 by nordenblue

So you think it's perfectly fine when our own club struggles like fook financially week by week just to compete with various other clubs, even staying in business seems a serious doubt continually, whilst others swan around CHEATING gloating how good they are,chucking money around they don't even have?

"Work with them to rehabilitate them",Jesus wept let's all club in and help them out,bless.... they should get a double relegation as a minimum or even start at the bottom of the pyramid again,it would soon slow this cheating down.

I'm afraid for me they can go to the fooking wall the lot of em, clubs like the Stockports of this world cant stay out the football league long enough.

A bit harsh with your comments mate,but you are so right,the cheats just seem to be getting worse and it`s all because the powers that be don`t do their job properly. This topic has been done to death each and every season,but it appears nothing changes and it never will.
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 08:01 - Mar 23 with 1559 viewsmacro

I think Birmingham will be the first of many, clubs in the Championship spend ludicrous amounts on wages to try to reach the promised land. Ipswich last season were paying out more in wages than they there bringing into the club.
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 08:15 - Mar 23 with 1534 viewsNigeriamark

Not sure where I posted taking delight in this. I am making a comment based on business practice. Of course most people would like to see a league of 92 clubs, but they need to be managed as any other business that takes in revenue and pays expenses
Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 09:12 - Mar 23 with 1462 viewsBigKindo

Eh oh. What fate perhaps awaits Bolton? on 21:51 - Mar 22 by kiwidale

Crikey Moses! I hope you meant the resurrection of these fixtures in the EFL not 'Division 5.'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024